steamcommunity.com/games/390670/announcements/detail/683816041516076771

Current events (check in-game Events tab for details):
1 win in a CL/DD/CV for 5 smokes.
1 win in a BB/CA/SS for 5 smokes.
50 main artillery hits for 90 merit.
Shoot down 20 planes for 90 merit.
5 wins T6+ for smokes.

> What is this?
Steel Ocean is a multiplayer arcade game focused about warships from World War 2 era.

> Steel Ocean Info
en.steelocean.vludus.com/Main_Page Any way I can play with (You)?
steamcommunity.com/groups/UnityThroughSterns
"NA clan: No Botes Allowed"
We have a clan in the game. Find it on the fleet page and then click application button. Post IGN in thread to get accepted.
Also post a meme.

Tech Trees: German, Burgers, Japan, & British pastebin.com/uwYjZKzJ

>Commander calculator & DD, BB and Cruiser Comparison
An easy way to come up with commander setups without having to deal with the clunky UI. If you have any issues explain them in the thread.
pastebin.com/JYfbLwJN

FREE STUFF: pastebin.com/1gBWLXr8 = Repulse (T5 BB), Thanksgiving, and Anniversary gift Packages. (Port Slots, Silver, Commanders)

Launch from links in there. Once in game go to Claim, then Storage, Non Battle items, click 'use'

Events: (11am-1pm & 6pm-8pm PST)
Sunday: 5v5
Monday: Helena Overlord
Tuesday: Fleet Battles
Wednesday: Fap to botes
Thursday: 5v5
Friday: Scenario mode
Saturday: Fleet Battles/Helena Overlord

Kantai Collection posting allowed.
Feel free to talk about all botes here.
If you have any questions, post them in the thread or read the links.
Remember to love your botes.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/350542145705021993/?ctp=5#c143388511226597759
youtube.com/watch?v=wv0iUKb80C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

End its suffering already

So how much until Des Moines?

>we hit bump limit

It's disgusting isn't

That's not too bad, I guess. you'll definitely have it by the end of the week

>play solo queue
>tell team to go north
>4/5 goes north, only 1 goes for a holiday in the west indies
>tell team to take out dd
>enemy dd dies, no more scouting for them
>Win game vs crimson blade stack
>find out after my entire team is sub 50% winrate

sometimes the bote gods giveth

They just need a sheep herder.

Nice, I guess pubbies are useful sometimes

Looked through the guide on the OP, dont think it mentioned if bonus from Comms Commander affects +scouting range from range finder or commander skills (eg nakayama arashi's +500).

Does anyone know?

Yes? I pretty sure commander skills like spotting get added to the range finders 500m.

DINN's tournament was cancelled by the chinks.

steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/350542145705021993/?ctp=5#c143388511226597759

*DIIN*

BASED CHINKS

>5k gold
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH NOW I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE

I fully expect some good butthurt from this

Harold is already sperging out about it.

Can't make this shit up

5K isn't that much. That could be done in 5v5s

In three fucking months. It was literally cutting off 3 months of 5v5.

>tournament lasted longer than a season of 5v5s
>you can get 8.5k winning only one match in 5v5s

Lasted longer, but in parallel with 5v5s, not instead of them, which is the key here.

How goes botes?

Clubbing seals of all tiers.

Also, its wednesday.

what are the tactics for playing destroyers?

-Sit in goldsmoke
-Move a bit if plane
>Drive in circles if fighters

go fast
dont go slow
have something like this playing in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=wv0iUKb80C8
smoke is your friend
get kaspar mass as your captain

you got anything thats not sit in smoke?

You have to go fast at all times and dodge like 11 motherfuckers if you don't want to sit in smoke.

>playing as sub
>launch 2 salvos of torps
>both times people go in front of them and die
Wtf even who are these people

4 times in one match
3 team kills because of it

Maybe subs are the problem.

its at least more fun than the light cruiser though, different and uniqe gameplay

if someone dies to your torps its your fault

All classes are varied enough, but subs are 95% worthless.

>I don't have map awareness: the post

Let me guess, you also think torps are means to deal damage instead of area control.

If you have map awareness you don't fire trops that could hit friendly's.

>you can guess when your allies are going to do a random hard righ and jump in front of your torps
Ill take some ESP please

want to take it to the game, bitch?

simple fix for that, don't fire torps if there is someone in front of you

>supermarines not being absolute greedy fucks

dont fire any torps if anyone is on a map square above me, got it
Take what?
What can you possibly think you can prove?
That you can fire torpedos and have allies not stupid enough to move in front of them?

whoever is in the video literally moved into torpedos. like that is zero fault on the subs part

its not only subs

If one of your animals COULD get in the way of the torps, dont fire.
Subhumans are like that, dont become one of them.

The point is if there is even a 00000.1% chance of hitting a Friendly don't shoot

yeah just like that DD that doing ASW?

>Sudden brake into reverse
>Not even watching the surroundings while doing so

Who needs map awareness anyways.

Here's some useful sub advice

Those ships were there before that sub fired he saw what they were trying to do

What did you even try to say?

Anyways, you can tell from the webm that the torp that killed the DD was fired before the DD did that brake (which he did after going full speed ahead of the sub). Clearly whoever shoot the torp was thinking that the DD would keep going instead of doing that sudden reverse for no fucking reason. But hey! Who needs map awareness anyways.

>DD's job is to spot and do ASW
>DD is doing ASW
>animal fails to notice that and fires torps anyway
>DD is expected to divert his attention to not get teamkilled
Do you go around ramming battleships that are trying to aim?

>Disregarding area control

So if you see a mine field perfectly marked with signs and fences, you would enter and say that you lost a limb because someone put mines and you really wanted to be there? Your argument is stupid.

>DD doing ASW
>lets shoot torps in his general direction

also the trop was fired after the break and started to turn

>DD goes full speed
>Team mates take that as a sign he's going away from the sub to reposition and take actions on that
>DD then suddenly brakes and go reverse while not looking at his surroundings at all

If the DD was a greedy shit it's not his team's fault.

If you ever played past tier fucking three you would know that DDs WILL brake and reverse to fuck up subhumans.

>the role of DD is literally killing subs
>call him greedy for doing its job

>also the trop was fired after the break and started to turn

That's the torp signal, look at the minimap and you'll noticed whoever fired the torp was outside the range of the signal to insta trigger it when launching the torp. You can only guess when the torp was fired since LOL NO MAP AWARENESS.

How many hours in game do you have? Because you don't seem to know how DD players move

>Two other ships with ASW in the area to finish the job
>lol nope, better brake

I have a T9 line and two lines at T7. If I see that someone can finish a sub I let them do it instead of doing stupid shit like the webm.

>I have a T9 line and two lines at T7.
You're a fucking nobody lmao.

>Give arguments
>Recieve insults

Didn't expect any less from the finposter.

>This triggers /sog/

>subhumans enter thread
>quality crash dives

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally this webm was created to showcase how to miss DCs

It's funny since it's the subhaters that are all rambling and uttering non-sense while the subposters are giving actual well thought arguments. In the end it's like people hate subs either for being "in", or because they are bad at map awareness but like to believe it's everyone's fault.
Today we learnt something new about /sog/

>So if you see a mine field perfectly marked with signs and fences, you would enter and say that you lost a limb because someone put mines and you really wanted to be there? Your argument is stupid.

how is a salvo of torps from behind perfectly marked?

"Map awarness" does not justify someone firing a full salvo of torps at their team and just expecting them to dodge.

Why do you guys still trying to force that "fire from behind" thing that only turboshitters do (not only subs)? I was talking about situations like pic related. Sub (or any ship in that regard) sends a torp salvo into an area that doesn't have any friendly ship. DD or whatever then decides it's a perfectly fine idea to go full speed into them because who wants to live anyways.

Just let him be you can't reason with subhumans, and his sub 50% WR

I for one love subs because I own UK DDs that don't have anything going for it other than ASW meme : ^ D

For fun, heres 30 seconds before the first webm, originally made to showcase how bad DCs are.

See

>Macmillan in 5th spot

B-but why

These were recorded in simpler times

>ships move around the map
what a shock

>situation
Perfectly valid there, fault lies on the ship speeding into them.

The argument starts because there's already ships engaged in DCing a sub but other ships STILL fire torps with an allied DD trying to follow up the DCs clearly in the danger zone. The only time a DD would do a hit and run with DCs is if the enemy team is well in range to fuck him up if he stops.

how is the friendly suppose to know that there are torps in the water?

Anyone shooting torps at a sub when the DD is there to kill them should be unironically gassed on sight, no argument. You're a greedy fucking retard.

>Ships move around the map without any regards of it's surroundings

Yeah, the

/Thread

what does 'demand level' on my commanders mean?

Funny thing is it's mostly other DDs who do that. And CVs.

DDs speeding away after dropping DCs only do that if the other team can cover the sub, the usual behavior is that they stick around to finish off the sub OR stay close to it to get his own torp salvo out on it if the sub doesnt crash dive.

>the usual behavior is that they stick around to finish off the sub
Which the torp launcher didn't think the case since the DD speeded past the sub.

>stay close to it to get his own torp salvo out on it if the sub doesnt crash dive
And in this case it doesn't matter if anyone else fires torps at the sub since the DD has to put himself in safe range first (meaning getting away from the sub).

As I said, the DD's team mates took action upon seeing him bursting out after the DC. They would literally need ESP to knew that the DD would break after doing so since, as you said, it wasn't the usual behavior.

see
or are you telling me that you have to look behind you every time you move?

Brakes right after seeing that the DCs didn't kill the sub

>That pic

Heh, I once killed RNG and a pub DD in that exact same situation. They died at the same time. It was funny.

In that situation you mark it on the map and write "torpedo" in chat.

>40 posts in the last hour
What's happening in this thread?

>Brakes right after seeing that the DCs didn't kill the sub
There's a 3-4ish seconds delay.

>or are you telling me that you have to look behind you every time you move?

So you actually enjoy having tunnel vision? CVs must have a blast torping you from the back lol.

Subhumans think they're people

>enemy CV is the same as a friendly with torps
that

>or are you telling me that you have to look behind you every time you move?

Not him but yeah, not only for friendly torps but also to see the general situation of your team. Pub BBs for example will never tell you if they are being spotted or not, or if they are turning and can't fire, or anything at all.
I usually get backline info when sitting in smoke so I have both sides general situation in mind before moving my ass to another place.

>DD's team mates took action upon seeing him bursting out after the DC
If we're analyzing this webm the DD dodges the initial torps from his team, understandable because they were zoning the sub with their own torps, then the DD moves in to DC, drops one set and advances just a little so he can reverse into the possible escape path of the sub, overdoes the reverse and takes a torp that the CA fired.
Had the DD not overdone the reverse it would have just been a very close call. The CA should have considered holding onto the torps and give the DD breathing room to maneuver.

>torps coming from the back aren't the same as torps coming from the back

You can see planes on the minimap but not torps.

what do when someone i obviously trolling and smashing into the side of your sub at the start of a game?
Is it bad etiquette to sink them?