Lukewarm hatches

Sup Veeky Forums, europoor here.

I'm planning on buying one of these two but can't decide.

Opel astra 1.6 turbo OPC line
or
Kia Cee'd 1.6 t-gdi gt

Which one would you pick and why?

>inb4 get a golf GTI

just get whatever one is cheaper to insure

I'm a burger so I can't help ya bug. free bump

>bug
Meant to say bud

Same displacement and pretty much the same horsepower so it doesn't really matter.

What about looks wise?

whichever's more reliable. both being "performance" cars by makers with mediocre reliability i'd just buy a sohc toyota or something

what kind of poor am i then? i can't even afford any of them.

Don't like new toyotas, they all look like shit besides the BRZ/Gt86/FR-S.

Id get the KIA just for that 10year warrenty..

Though looks/quality wise, i rate the Opel higher.

>pic related: My OPC.

>Lukewarm
more like barely tepid

Maybe in the US, but over here in belgium 200HP makes you faster then 95% of all other cars.

well there's something else like mazda 3 or honda

Nice!
Would love to get an OPC but I just can't afford the insurance on it right now.

oh didn't realise they're 200hp. i have a 200hp car in europe myself.

why not a fiesta ST?

That's besides the point, I'm specifically asking about these 2.

Besides, new hondas look equally shit to toyotas and the mazda 3 only has 165HP at max even though I like it's looks a lot.

Too small for my liking

you live in europe, 165hp is already enough for you

If you're insisting on getting an alleged hot-hatch with a mediocre badge, I'd get the Vaux.. Opel.

The Kia maybe comfortable but its engine isn't as gusty as you think it is.

Out of these two, Opel. I prefer the looks.

Oh shit, I'm sorry.
I forgot you get to dictate how much horsepower european cars should have.

the point is you won't feel that much difference and even if you do you won't have lots of places to dagumi your souped up shitbox

Looks wise I like the kia

I've got the american Kia Forte5 sx, I can only imagine its very similar to the euro counterpart, and I quite like mine

I have the Kia, or at least the American version.

Good car. Only problem is shitty fuel economy and the rear suspension feels floaty at high speeds.

Hey same car

I can agree with the high speed floaty suspension as I experience that all the time, im curious though, what kind of mpg to you get?

Fuel economy will be the least of my concerns,
but thanks for the info about floaty suspension only drove one at moderate speed.
Nothing some coilovers couldn't fix though right?

17-20

Well, the real problem is that it's torsion-beam, which lends itself to lack of control when its not under load.

Really its just a fundamental issue with the suspension architecture they chose. It's THAT bad, but it's certainly not a track car.

coilovers would greatly improve the performance handling at high speed, in my experience anyway, but I will warn you that Kia's can be a difficult car to work on, sometimes

but dont let that be your deciding factor, the car is a great DD, and can be fun to drive

Really? I drive like a moron and im getting 23 on average and if I drive conservatively I get like 27 on average

I drive in fairly exclusively stop-go traffic. A lot of accelerating and then stopping very quickly in order to keep pace or change lanes and stuff. Not great for MPG.

Ah ok, that does explain quite a bit, I live in a semi-rural area where I don't have to deal with stop and go traffic all day

It's going to be my DD anyway, might decide to get an MX-5 on the side later on as a weekend/track car.

Sounds like a good plan.

Get a golf gti

As a DD, the Kia is great, I wish I could speak for the Opel, but I don't have any experience with it

Also, getting an mx5 for a fun weekend car would probably be a good idea, assuming you can afford it

What's the cost of those?

what about the Golf GTD.

The astra GTC as i configured online including options is € 26.400 and the kia is about a grand cheaper depending on which stealership.

So we are talking brand new ones? But why these two models? How about something that isn't a GM nor a Korean product?

there are more factors than that
better safety features often means lower insurance

I'd rather not get a squished golf GTI is my main problem with this suggestion

Do they still sell Astra Js?

The Astra K has been out for a while, I wouldn't waste my money buying a new Astra J GTC tbqh

I ended up getting a 2013 golf 2.5l 5 speed standard. They say it has 175 at good rolling rpm. I only feel it grip and launch at around 4500 but that's expected because of how the engine works. Very linear power.

they are both spicy ecnoboxes, just go for the one that seems a better deal

Sorry but that interior is shit, the kia probably has the nicer of the two mentioned above with heated leather and alcantara recaros and piano black/chrome finishes.
It also has a heated leather steering wheel a fully digital gauge cluster and comes with touch screen, navigation, back up cameras, etc. standard in GT form.