/lite/ RogueLITE General

Traumatized Edition

Last thread:
>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

I miss Isaac being hard without throwing bullet curtains at me

I miss Danny's music even if he is a loser

I miss not being desensitized to all the horrible things that the items do to Isaac and all the fucked up bosses

Who else /green/ here?

LUCKY CHA CHA CHA

I think it's a fair trade off, not being difficult in exchange for not looking like shit.

Or running like shit, for that matter.
Flash wouldn't have been able to support all the stuff that Rebirth does now.

>Daily
>Get Continuum because why not
>Get Ipecac
>...wait
>This is probably why not
>Now afraid to go near walls

The pill it unlocks is worthless so it's for the best to be honest. Like, when would you ever need a one time Ipecac shot? Explosive Diarrhea is better in every way (and it's not even that great to begin with).

It seems like ed is trying to make pills worthless.
It used to be "you can get a stat upgrade or get a stat downgrade, with a small chance for some goofy effect".
Now it's LOL SEIZURES and le curse of amnesia that has the same name as an unknown pill xd.

>got Ipecac and Tractor Beam
>see Tiny Planet
>well why the fuck not, it's not like the shots can circle around me this time
>they don't, but instead they're shot 10 fucking meters high up in the sky and fuck off offscreen
That was fun. Thankfully I had Tech 0.5 so I didn't screw myself too hard.

Post Brimstone Grimace seed.

I've full cleared Sheol like 36 times in the past few days and found jack shit.

>LOL SEIZURES
Based Edmund enforcing social darwinism.

It's just the Keeper v2.0, people complained about The Lost's items being too cool so he made all the stuff harder to unlock comparatively worthless.

But Crooked Penny is one of the best items in the game

There are bound to be some exceptions.

Deep Pockets, Rib of Greed, and Eye of Greed are also fucking great. One gives extra shops, another is one of the best tear effects in the game and the third is one of the only 2 ways to carry both cards AND pills at the same time.

>1:00 AM UTC, January 21st 2017 + 109 hours
>egg still ignores the value of XI - Strength on Keeper

Deep Pockets is a worse Polydactyly and rarely any better than Starter Deck, Rib of Greed is usually a waste of a trinket slot and Eye of Greed is essentially a slightly better Mom's Contacts. They're not really that amazing considering what you have to do to get them.

>a slightly better Mom's Contacts
So a slightly better debuff than one of the best debuffs in the game?

k man whatever, Keeper's unlocks are all amazing and they're absolutely nothing wrong with them

What? Fuck no, he unlocks the sticky nickle

>either all the unlocks have to be shit or all of them are good
Nice thinking there chum

>using deathly hex to murder shit
>forgot my magic power's gone up so my resistance no longer prevents all damage
FUG

>Necrodancer is 75% off
Neat.

>Just realized Amplified is in Early Access
Why.

no worse feeling than getting killed by your own wizard powers

So people can't complain about it being shitty.

Because they wanted money for an unfinished product.
Admittedly, they've been good about Necrodanger, so Amplified will probably be done in a decent time frame, so it's not quite such a shit prospect over if Bethesda released the next Elder Scrolls as an Early Access title.

>decide to get back into etg to lube up for the supply drop
>beat the floor flawlessly, no key in shop for some reason
>near the end of the boss fight roll away when he cornered me
>touch his throne with a single pixel while rolling
>"LOL NO MASTER CHAMBER"
I think I now remember why I didn't like this game very much.

Are there any resources to improve on Isaac?

Just playing until I get good takes a long time and the new bosses like Ultra Greed have a shit ton of health.

There must be some more advanced guide somewhere.

>tl;dr how do I git gud?

>le curse of amnesia that has the same name as an unknown pill xd.
The challenge that unlocks that pill unlocks another completely useless pill, so you should have held your autism back and ignored that challenge for as long as possible.

>playing keeper
>have swallowed penny
>take damage
>swallowed penny drops stuck nickel
>die
thanks edmint :^)

Except that if you don't look everything up, you don't KNOW that the reward for beating a goddamn CHALLENGE is shittier pills.

Necrodancer itself had a long early access, the guys who make it are EXTREMELY slow, this way they get atleast something out now. It'll probably launch fully by the end of summer or so.

>Git gud
Of all of the bosses, bullet king is my least favorite because he's basically meduzi, but in a smaller area. It makes me angry that the boss in secret area #2 is based off him

>not looking at all the flavors of steak before taking a bite

>Fire up dat Negrodancer
>Loading screen at the start literally takes over two minutes
>Game looks like this

G-guys?
Did I unlock some sort of ultra hard mode?

>tl;dr how do I git gud?
Watch streamers that have good habits and learn them.

Learn the items and synergies that work and the ones that don't.

Practice.

Every little bit adds up. A quick rundown of tips would be don't explore more than you need to, leave spirit hearts on the ground to pick up right before going down to the next floor to protect devil deal, don't ignore the sacrifice room, 5 cents can spawn an arcade, greed won't be in the shop if there's a miniboss elsewhere on the floor, a bomb for a bomb is a good trade since it can net you a crawlspace, don't take pills that might fuck you when you don't want to be fucked (for instance a telepills in a devil deal will be bad), always shoot for permanent polaroid invincibility, port out of boss rush if you get the chance, don't take hp before a devil deal you might want afterward, kill the spawners first, and learn room patterns for rooms that have them.

I'm really bad about the last one. The bombfly room on the caves has a way to get out without getting hit but I've still yet to learn it. I finally learned the bullshit room with 3 doors, 4 spitting stone faces and the spikes that pop up in the middle. Fuck that room.

Bosses have tricks too, like Satan can't hit you with most of his attacks if you stand just next to his center halfway down the room from him and you want to always lead the Haunt and cut across him if he's about to Brimstone to avoid getting caught on a wall.

Do the challenges. Trust me. You learn a LOT of mechanics from them, and the value of Devil Deals.

I came back to Isaac after like a 2 year hiatus and shot up to 93% achievo's from about 50%, including The Lost.

Its all about knowing how to break the game and mechanics. Go for good unlocks like Moms Knife, D6, and whatnot, then work on completing each character.

>Do the challenges
Solar System especially

Learning how to effectively use orbitals is important as shit.

Yeah.
It's called "upgrade your toaster".

Why is Nuclear Throne in the OP still? Sure, I can understand someone JUST getting into the genre confusing it for a good one, but it shouldn't be held that high. It's mediocre abandonware at best.

Hell, it's not even relavent.

>mediocre abandonware
okay, so do you have an actual argument or did you just get off the wrong foot

i don't think we played the same game

Why is Spelunky in the OP still? Sure, I can understand someone JUST getting into the genre confusing it for a good one, but it shouldn't be held that high. It's mediocre abandonware at best.

Why is Rogue Legacy in the OP still? Sure, I can understand someone JUST getting into the genre confusing it for a good one, but it shouldn't be held that high. It's mediocre abandonware at best.

It looked fine until today.

Ok lads.

Tell me.

Will this make the greatest run ever. Or will this completely and utterly fuck it?

it will be fantastic IF your item luck stays consistent with what you've gotten so far

take it.

I needed to get mega stan but I was like oh man I cant pass up the pentagram, and it payed out with death's touch. Hopefully I get dad's key somewhere.

But what will soy milk do to my build? Will i still have a lot of dmg with 1 tear rate or will it go to about 3-4-5 with moderate damage?

Im scared. I dont wanna throw this run like I did with ludo the other day.

i have discovered that going a caster build without taking any mana regen kind of sucks
on the other hand mark of cthon + pact of fleeting life means i can kick shit to death with INFINITE REGEN

just DO IT

>jacobs ladder + moms contact
>lighting also freezes monsters

ALRIGHT FINE FUCK YOU I DID IT.

> -20 dmg
I regret this immediately.

kek

Good question, it's probably because a lot of /lite/ people were from /ntg/ and still hold nostalgia for it.

It was definitely mediocre abandonware.

No pic this time because im lazy but this is insane. I just found magic mush, blue cap, dead cat and athame. I've gotten a devil room on every single floor so far.

So much for no pics. This game is stupid.

You better have take Fate.

Course I did.

There's chaos in the shop, should I buy it?

>not taking guppo's tail
what are you, a fucking faggot?

Always chaos.

user.. I..

whats the best way to do "its the key" challenge?

Azazel at the same time as Zip!

G0NE
S00N

Well that was certainly a run.

Is eden's soul any good?

got a new nocturnia highscore, now I'm ranked #3 on the leaderboards (ignoring 1 and 2 which are obvious hackers)

fucked up a bit on 5-3 and zone 5 konga but it still went a lot better than the one last night

>give up habit/cary battery satanic bible for pinking sheers on hush fight
>they don't attack him at all

What a crock of shit.

They do, you have to get in close. Unless it was changed for no reason.

>Kill the bullet king while he throws the molotov at me
>Game freezes while the death animation plays
>Burn to death

bump

Do all the base game bosses have a even more powerful form if theyre the zone 5 boss?

HAHA TIME FOR SOME ISAAC

Post your progress!

like 71%. I gotta ways to go, I havent even done anything in ab really. I dont even have the keeper unlocked.

Just got rib of greed
Same here minus keeper, I just got that. most achievements I need are just beating Mega Satan and getting all those hard mode completion marks for every character

what you missin? 5 nights at moms?

mr resetter

A-almost there

Just need to get Keeper shit done and Ultra Hard

why?you know it replaces regular heart drops and not soul heart drops,right?

yeah i know. i don't have it because i don't hold 'r'. i'll get it later.

why are these still locked? I have them all in game.

>i dont hold r
holy shit how long did it take for you to do ultra hard?

3 tries.

you can't unlock mr resetter on challenges, so you can hold R on them as much as you want

>enter Curse Room with Eve who has Satanic Bible and one black heart
>get teleported to Devil Room
>take Mom's Knife for two hearts
>back to Curse Room
>half a black heart left
>realize you made a mistake
>kill the two enemies left in the room because why not
>battery drops
>mfw

The game threw you a bone with a cyanide pill hidden inside. You just barely spat it out.

#MisteaksIntoMiracles

Fuck whoever decided you have to complete the bestiary to complete the game.

That was me. I'm sorry, user. It will not happen again. Please don't be mad at me.

My BoI installation is Afterbirth Version 7, what's the changes in 8 and 9?

While we're at it, fuck whoever decided bestiary and bestiality should be spelled without an a between the e and the s.

The English language is hard enough, quite doing stupid bullshit like that.

Afterbirth plus*

The English alphabet is retarded anyway.
There is no point to c or x, they can be replaced by k/s and ks respectively.

I mean, if it's not being used in current discussion, it's a little redundant to advertise the fact.
Not good form.

Ok. Poor sprites, weak integration system, lack of content, weak guns, over saturated, jacked up music. That fit your comprehension?

The game had a minimal chance to be good but they didn't capitalize on it.

cheeki breeki

>entered Hush room with only two black hearts
>"I've made another mistake."
>finish him in less than a minute without being hit a single time

WEW

Delirium kill and only got hit once. This is pretty nice run.

nice blog