/ORG/: DON'T FUCK UP edition

Welcome to /org where we steal Cherokee pictures and roads don't matter. Not too much off roading because we would much rather shitpost when we're not fixing our rigs.

Last thread:
>Cherokee stolen
>Napa/autozone crucifying
>Rouge Taco insults
>Birb postin
>5.3l 240
>Ranger master race
>Shady tailgate repair
>Someone fell for the burb meme
>Someone bought a Commie car
>Titanium skid plates
>People recognizing other's locations through pics

>AND MUCH MORE!!!

Reminder to post yourself on the map so that we can meet up and do some actual off roading:
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5995403173.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Welded diff time

any offroad related sticker inspo?

why do you have that on the floor of a carwash?

he's probably too lazy to take it apart and clean it by hand.

This

they just allow that to be drained onto the floor?

Diff oil smells fucking horrible m8

>welding your diff

please tell me you don't DD whatever that's going in

It's all drained into a bucket at home, just came here to spray it out
It's not a DD it's my truck, nothing wrong with a welded diff daily driver tho.

>nothing wrong with a welded diff daily driver tho.

except that you'll be eating through tires, and with a truck you'll be extremely likely to break traction around corners

The first part doesn't matter, the second part is not a negative

>he doesn't rip fat skids on his daily commute
What's it like living completely boring existence?

>implying i don't

but it's pretty fucking stupid to weld a diff in a truck though. guaranteed massive over-steer if you aren't extremely aware at all times

>tfw
>discriminated from needing to offroad to get to work
>even on /ORG/

WHY IS THIS NOT IN A BUSH CUMNON!?!?

Hey guys, anyone else do some wheeling this weekend?

no but i see you got some good piccs

I knew you would screen cap that. That ain't me though

Fucking snapped a t-band on the turbo. This fucking engine will live so help me god.

>Note to self
>get longer brake lines

fuck, image

I went to Otay (again) on Friday to aim some of my new lights. Got the front pods and rear ambers aimed up. Also did another shake test with my spare tire mount

holy fuck m8 that isn't safe

have any pictures of spare tire mount?

also how effective is that top light bar being so far back on the roof?

well its a jeep so hes prepared to die anyway.

yeah, I put new bilsteins up front that are longer than the previous ones and they allow a little bit more down travel then before. glad the hoses didn't pop off the line.

yeah post image please

I was prepared to die the day I picked it up.

>I was prepared to die the day I picked it up.
MFW every time you enter the freeway with your juup

>mfw driving home last night and set off 2 car alarms because the Joop is loud as fuck.

Welded diff is done

pictures? what are you putting it in m8?

Furgot pic lol

Toyota pickup

Ugh stupid fucking exif

Basically I tried ratchet-strapping it to the side of my shell. It works alright on the road but once things start bouncing in the back of the bed it ends up coming loose.

I need to either fab an actual carrier or do two D-rings bolted to the bed and tie a strap over the circumference of the tire.

As for the light bar's effectiveness, it's high enough on the basket that it's not cut off to early, and the light stops about halfway through my low-beams so it works fine.

It's also nice that I don't get any glare on my hood.

>DON'T FUCK UP edition
>tfw today I rolled my Explorer

yfw your spare has meatier tread than your regular tires

holy fuck really that sucks how did you roll it? pictures pls?

neat idea, have you considered mounting the spare to the roof rack?

The spare was bought by the PO, but when i first got the truck i didn't think I'd do much offroading. I was wrong.

My next set will be some Cooper ATPs. Good for the light off-roading and sand-terrain that I usually do.

I thought about it. Tbh I don't trust that much weight that high up on my flimsy little basket, so I'll probably put some Rotopax up there

Oh hey OP. You know there is a better way of getting the spare tyre out from the bottom, right?

>mfw
>taynger is still hospitalised
>have plans with bae to go mudding up north this weekend
>depends on truccfu and how long it will take her to get ready
hold me /org/

Yeah. Had to dig myself out though.

>hold me /org/
ill hold your butthole big boy

Why is that meme force posted everytime? Who are you!? BLUE LAND CRUISER GUY IS THAT YOU!? FUCK OFF!!

im whoever you want me to be

I think we've finally gotten to him, guys. Butthole coming soon.

>dat file name
>"8"
how many files of her ass do you have on your desktop?!

if taynger is not working what are you using to get around?

My dad's old BMW X3. My cousin's also in town and she rented out a VW Toureg so I'm showing her around Onterrible.

>i see the hectic skids I could be doing instead
>roads filled with slush and slight ice trains
>virgin snow that needs to be crushed
>tfw X3s manual literally says "do not take on unpaved roads"
>tfw can't take off slide control
>tfw ABS feels like you're stepping on some fat kid's throat
>tfw can't overrev in 1st gear and shift weight to a place that doesn't even exist on the vehicle

that sucks how much longer is ur trugg going to be in the repair shop?

So I finally got around to checking the fluid in the rear diff

JUST
U
S
T

Depends on if it's the slave or something else. I'll find out in 9 hours. Hoping to finally get out this weekend, too.

None of the lakes are frozen enough, unfortunately. But I'll hopefully finally get enough snow crawl pics and tighten up that winch. How are you, user? (:

W O R R I E D

I'm gonna be putting my rear locker in and be faced with the same shit I just know it.

I fucking hate the smell of diff oil

In my case it appears to the clutches and spider gears, luckily the ring and pinion somehow look fine, hopefully new oil slows it's death until I have time to deal with it which will be sometime after replacing the ball joints(not DD thank God)

not to bad user :^3

I've been thinking of buying a 8th or 9th gen f150 with a 300 inline 6

Best trucks

am I allowed in this club

>those dual gas tanks

I like it a lot

what engines do you guys have? 5.8, 5.0, 4.9 i6?

So dam tempted :^)

mine is a 351 .s.

I have a 5.0 (2wd) and a 5.8 (4wd) now... Bought fixed and sold a 4.9 a few months ago(pic related)

How do I buy this truck tomorrow?

cool man

I already got a 5.0 explorer runs grate. witch engine do you like the best? Im either going to get a 5.8 or a i6. Any thoughts comparing the 2? I know what to expect from a 5.0. never driven a 5.8 or a 4.9 i6. i6 300 is supposed to be a torque machine, any personal experience is welcomed.

Ye that truck looks sharp AF

Craigslist and 10 thousand dollars, or wait a while to find a good prices one I got the white one a few post up for 1,600 and this one for 700

>YFW you don't live in California on the coast and don't have trails with views like this.

I wouldn't go for the 5.8 way less mpg and not much more power than the 5.0, I only drove the 4.9 about 8 miles while it was running right before it sold so I can't say to much about it... But in my limited experience it pulled the moutan I drove over great....And I could almost say better than my 5.0 but I know I've got something a little off with it. Over all between a 5.8 and a 4.9 I would pick the 4.9

Picked up a (new to me) Pathy in Aurora this weekend.
I'm the 3rd owner, 2nd owner only had it for 6 months.

$750, V6 4WD, brakes are ded.

Plans so far:

>Fix brakes (looks like just master cyl is dead)
>Vaccum the fuck out of the interior
>Bigger tires
>There's a kit for iirc $350 that will give it a bit of a lift, even out the front and rear
>Push bar from the hardbody
>Roof rack w/ light bar, maybe mount the spare up there

Feelsgoodman

I even get a view of downtown

>YFW you don't live in CO and can't wheel on the best mountains in North America

you don't count man, you're close enough to the coast.

>mfw I don't get snow and trails are almost always open.

5.0 is not out of the picture, I already have one on my explo thing is very reliable and runs grate. The 4.9 seems like a interesting engine, all depends on what I find.
Towing with the explorer is a bit sketchy due to its shot wheelbase. Also have to watch the tongue weight can't go above 500 without a wdh. Even with wdh it tops out at 650. Anyways thanks for the info user.

>tfw norcal
>dam about to brake
fuugggggg

Should be a big frown, snow is maximum fun material.

It's different here than out east, it will dump a big load (4 u) and then all melt in 3 days.

I'm agreeing with you plz no bully

I have a few cousins in Oroville, they say they're just sitting in traffic with the other evacuees. Scary shit, dude.

It's pretty DAM scary

Tips for buying 8th or 9th gen
1. Check the spring hangers don't just look give the a few good taps especially at the bottom
2. If the door doesn't close right it may just be the striker bushing (box of 4 if 5 bucks and takes 5 min to change)
3. Body rusts out in this order rear wheel wells, back of door jamb, tailgate, bottom of front fender (spring hangers are probably gone if it's rusted in the door)
4. Make sure the check engine, abs(rear abs on 8th gen), and BRAKE lights come on on the dash (RABS units are expensive)
5.if body rot is present check brake lines if they haven't been replaced they will probably go soon
Fairly basic things but stuff I missed before

cool man keep us posted with updates

is it a manuel?

thanks for all the tips /org/ is a pretty cool place

Also the fail points for an e4od transmission seem to be about 118k and 190k miles (this is going by junck yards and what I've seen for sale)....On a ?-94 there's an MLPS sensor that likes to get water in it and go bad makes it shift verey hard, pretty easy fix
I've bought 3 of these with high miles all had been rebuilt at some point 2 of them the PO didnt know it had been (some have a sticker that says "quality renewed by Ford" if dealership did it)
Sorry for rambling, can't sleep

Thanks m80.

It's an automagic, the first auto that I've owned in years. Interested to see how that will be different on the trail, since a torque converter will negate a lot of the clutch work that comes with low speed off roading.

The idea is that for $3-4k, I'll have a decent trail rig/winter mobile.

What ass. All I see are those gorgeous legs...

After the X3 payments are done, I'm thinking of getting and old Discovery II and putting a Ramjet 350 in it. Ramjet 350s are only like $6500 and comes with injectors and warranty, I think. Mating it with the transmission shouldn't be an issue because it has one of those old Buick V8s as well. I also know nothing about engine swapping so I'd probably spend the two hours at the fab looking and aweing hehe

F150 Inline 6 is the best cost efficient option, desu. However, not as reliable as those old high torque, low speed V8s. I don't care too much about that reliability since they cost like $3000 anyway and with the money you save with the I-6s, you can just buy another F-150 if it tanks out (which it shouldn't as I'ven't ever heard of them tanking out until 450k or something)

BTW. If anyone was wondering, I couldn't be able to turbo Taynger since the engine isn't built for it. I'd have to swap out the whole system out of a 6th generation T-Bird and at that point, I'd rather just drive the T-Bird. I could supercharge it with one of those 9th gen T-Bird options for $3000 but an extra 30 torque and 25 HP just ain't worth it.

No. Again, more info on that Jeep in the top left of the field, pls.

thanks m8

if I find one with a fucked trans it will be doing a zf5 swap and axle regearing depending what gets found.

a 4.9 with 2.73 gears is no bueno

Nice posting is nice

Same but also druncc af despite needing to be up in 7 hours RIP.

Better than that $4000 chevy blazer on the last /ORG/. Please keep us updated on this neat little project.

That is a very shiny rear suspension, user. Since you have the bed cap off, take off the front cab and the quarter panels and drive that around the forests avoiding any tree bigger than half an inch in diameter.

Body rot. body rot. body rot. I'm surprised yours has like non.

Ah yes. The transmission system and other oil parts on those old Fords. They all have their own little problem with leakage of oil but that's not unique to the Fords. Chevrolets a BIT less, Ford a BIT more but just rust protect, washh your car, and don't change gears like an idiot and it should last at least the 150-200.

Good night, /ORG/

Whoops. Lemme make this picc a bit less cancer. Sorry guys.

Also, I thought this was a Hemi 5.7 for the longest time but apparently it's an iForce 5.7.

>mfw
>taytay was Tay Yoda mustard race the whole time
>taytay Tay Yoda

cool working on project cars is truly max comfy tier

not sure what ill get yet all depends on whats available

sucks about the turbo, at least rangers are fairly light and the sohc you have makes like 230 hp right? it's a decent amount for a small trugg

Sleep tight, Taynger! Get well soon

>Ford v6
>230hp

O fucc, dude, really? I have DOHC and I only make about 190

Though I do have a relatively small V6, only 3.4L

Is that ugly chrome fuel door stock?

no.

No.

incorrect

does not belong there

well my old 4.0 sohc ranger made 207hp and i think tays ranger is much newer, i think they gave that engine a power boost, but not 100% sure. Taytay should have more info :^)

sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5995403173.html

I miss my burb guys. Old one was K2500 with the 454, but this one is nice.

>he sold a 454 k2500

why did you have to do that, those things are fucking monsters!

I didn't sell it. Sitting in my parents back yard covered up. Spun main bearings (probably) Found out it can't tow a 15k trailer 10 miles up a hill. Really I think the shitty oil just broke down. I haven't had a chance to open it up.

I'll have to ask, then

Granted 190hp out of a 3.4L designed in 1996 isn't that bad imo. I still make 220 lb-ft of torks so it's good enough for me

Oh no, autotragic! As a former Hardbody owner I must tell you. Nissan automatics of that time will die at around 230k miles. The reason why is because the trany filter easily gets clogged and over heats. If I were you, I'd do a flush, change the trany filter. Install atf oil cooler and a good snake oil of your choosing to stretch the life of your transmission. If yours still works your in luck.

Also new, a dyno run of this pathfinder made 90 rw-HP and 120lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

If you were guna do some mods just get a good set of headers and make shure the air intake has the snorkel tube running into the fender.

Keep us posted mate.

Worst case go grab a junkyard L29 for $400.

Lm7*
Holy shit this welded diff is crazy lol, can turn on a dime off-road now

Why would I get a smaller engine?

Because it's better

In what way?