Need tasteful Mods

Calling all retards of Veeky Forums!

I got a new truck recently and am already itching to customize it, but not quite sure what i want to do with it.

I want it to be a little more unique than the few others i see on the road (literally had the exact same truck follow me), but dont want to give up MPG and drivability while also not breaking the bank.

Do NOT want to lift it (leveling kit is ok), do not want those LED light bars (i prefer old school individual lighting, cant really do road armor due to the truck being weak.

Willing to do minor performance mods, would like something up front, new wheels and tires, preferably something for the bed to give it a prerunner/overlander vibe.

Truck: 2017 tacoma SR, 2wd with I4. Yes go ahead and laugh; its just an A to B weekend warrior that i can take for some light off roading.

Pic related; possible light bar?

Other urls found in this thread:

wildernessshots.com/toyota-tacoma-overlander-expedition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

daily reminder that if you build a mall crawler you deserve to be hung in a tree like a fucking nigger.

keep it stock faggot.

Not a mall crawler, I do intend to go off the road onto trails. Just not heavy duty mud holes or driving straight up rocks.

Yes, I'm ok with a 2wd. My old 2wd truck only got stuck once, and every other 4wd out there got just as stuck as I did.

Would you keep this bland ugly thing stock? WOULD YOU??

It doesn't matter if you take it offroad or not it's whether it looks fuckin gay

i wouldnt make the mistake of buying that POS

I like the camper. Are they actually useful or do they flap to pieces after a year?

how about something like this?

I love the front bumper, but sadly it's over 1k. I haven't seen any, but is there just a regular brush guard for the 2017s? Also, any clue what the rims and tires are?

honestly i'm not really a truck guy but i'd thought i'd try to help you out.

i reverse searched the image & there's this pretty detailed page on the truck:

wildernessshots.com/toyota-tacoma-overlander-expedition/

good luck famalam

>i want to modify my truck to express my unique personality
literally kill yourself m8

I think that light bar looks awful fyi

No mods are tasteful.

Did you not get shit on enough the last time you posted about this here?

Wait, are you the droob who thinks a 2wd pickup with different tyres equals a pre-runner?
If you're doing "light offroading" for nothing more than the sake of offroading, trade it on a 4x4 model and forget mods.
This. OP's just going to fuck his shit, and the track trying to achieve something his truck's not designed for.

Jesus.. i never said tires = prerunner. I said that most prerunner trucks are 2wd.

I just wanted to make it a bit cooler, thats all.

is that bedliner around your fenders? how'd you get it to look so clean?

>I just want form over function
We've been through this, kill yourself mall crawler.

No mall in the area. So your point is invalid.

I can wheel just fine in Stock form, but I want better.

>2wd

>wasting the time and $ to actually buy 2wd
Always amazed you retards exist. They always have the same pathetic story.

>2wd
>off road
Locking diff and recovery gear.

OP you are a fucking idiot. You could have bought a 4x4 manual for the same price but since you fucking suck you got this. There is no advice I can give to such an idiot.

Do this.

>turn it into a ford
He said "tasteful"

>2wd
best advice i can give you is sell it and buy a real truck.

the wheels and unpainted bumper are what scream "base model" to me.

if it were me, I'd probably be looking for a factory paintable bumper, a subtle light bar like in the OP, but not something stupid that mounts from underneath the bumper and costs you ground clearance and approach angle, a leveling kit and maybe a faux-beadlock 16 or 17 (I really like the TRD 16s but Method makes some good looking ones as well) and a fairly aggressive all-terrain in like a 285/75R16 or 285/70R17 which is 33" tall but obviously only 285 wide.

>4x4 version literally $2,000 more

WHY OP?

>real truck
>swiss cheese frame recall
lulz

>I can wheel just fine in Stock form, but I want better
I can drive sedans on gravel roads too.
So, put 33"s on a four cylinder auto, and kill any gearing or economy advantage it would possible have in the name of form? You're no worse than a stance faggot.

First off fellow Tacoma friend, do something about that bumper. It's bad. Like real fucking bad.

At least get a leveling kit, put some mean rubbers on it, get any flavor of black wheel you like, and wallah your truck is 10x better looking.

Also recommend going to customcargrills.com and getting a new grille, they make some great ones for the new tacomas.

Lastly tacomaworld.com is the best place for info regarding our new trucks. Super active and a plethora of ideas to steal

this is like the fourth thread you created for this piece of shit tacoma.
So you want to tell me youre willing to spend money on bullshit mods but couldnt shell out the extra $1000-2000 dollars for 4wd?

paint it pink and glue a giant black dildo on the hood, it will definitely be unique and fit your personality

This

OP confirmed biggest factor on earth. Could have bought the 4x4 for 1000 dollars more.

^^^ *massive fucking faggot

Would still be a better truck than OP's pos

OP stop fucking making this shit threads about your Extremely bad decision.

>So, put 33"s on a four cylinder auto, and kill any gearing or economy advantage it would possible have in the name of form? >You're no worse than a stance faggot
Ever heard of regearing your differential?

Japanese muscle! Now we`re talking! This car is practically perfect, but as I said, there`s always room for improvement! First, sand blast it to reveal any rust or imperfections, then paint it with a tasteful 2-tone paint job (I was thinking maybe silver with another color). Then, lower it to the ground, add Magnaflow exhausts, and some sick Foose wheels! There you go!

>regearing your differential
>just to make a form over function shitbox functional again
Ever heard of overcapitalising on an inferior option?
This.