Why are new cars such garbage?

Pic related.

IDK but I wish there was something like a modern buick regal grand national. Everything seems so immature and boy racer, or just looks like a Camry (WRX/STi)

yeah

a no safety having bare bones sports coupe is still slower than a comfortable and safe modern family sedan

real garbage

It comes down to physics. Cars in the 60's had good 0-60 times, considering the horrible rubber they had. The modern V8s making 400 horsepower are very different than the 60's only because of emissions. Otherwise they'd be making a reliable 600+ horsepower.

emissions equipment have hardly any hp effect

Yeah and an $80 ebay boost controller on the skyline and the wrx has no chance. Not to mention the skyline gives me orgasms just looking at it

Well the GTR was twice as expensive as the WRX accounting for inflation.

>gtr
>clearly a gts-t

thats a gtst. both are 2 litre

Lol I'm dumb. I would bet there is still a significant price difference though. Couldn't find a price for the GTS T.

what he means is that modern engines are designed to be efficient rather than powerful, and thus sacrifice some power.

The result is that the WRX gets 25 mpg, and the Nissan gets 15 mpg.

Even if the GTS-T was slower its still 1320kg vs 1504kg
So it would feel better to handle.

from what i could find, the gts25t went for $35k aud which means the gtst in the comparison probably went for even less, so the gtst actually cost less than the wrx when new

It would be about 20k more than the WRX accounting for inflation.

For a car that retails for 1/2 of the R34's price back then that is pretty good.
This also says nothing about handling and comfort, I don't think you can compare these cars considering.
Also, take a look at economy, an R34's parts won't last as a modern WRX's parts would, and that's not even touching gas mileage.
Cars do improve, but if you want to benchrace talk about Corvettes and Vipers pls.

> t. new WRX owner

Because Nissan is Chinese and all Chinese products are shit.

I'm a bus passer because I'm in uni and can't justify any car right now because my wife just became disabled after working at Microsoft for half a month, true fucking story, so now I spend all my time either studying or caring for her.

t. ex-1998 WRX owner.

Except ops not comparing an r34 hes comparing an r32 and not even a gtr its a base model

>an R34's parts won't last as a modern WRX's parts would
You say that as if it were true and or possible to know that.

>Nissan is Chinese
Stupid nigger.

>turbocharged flat 4 isn't faster as turbocharged straight 6

gee...

Fucking benchracer i owned a gtst and it got better than 20mpg.

MPG is almost entirely dependent on the factory tune

Wow so despite having a turbo, shit MPGs and no modern safety the GTS-T takes the same time to do 0-100 as a GT86 when not on Prius rubber.

>211hp
>2900lbs

>being surprised

Because companies are in the race to the bottom.

They don't care about putting out at quality product anymore.

>really makes you think
No, it doesn't. Really makes you look like a fuckwit trying to sound deeper than your spiraling narcissism.

Should've seen the MPG I got with my RSFOUR Stagea in stop/start CBD traffic.

taking bait in 2017...

Number of cylinders and engine layout make no difference in performance. The subarshit has had 26 years to catch up.

>moving goalposts
>comparing modern car to 25+ year old car
>even still the gtst is faster
>with a $25 boost controller the gtst is even faster
you needa kys asap

>why was he so buttblasted?
really makes you think

rb20s are shit engines.

>became disabled after working at Microsoft for half a month.

Can you elaborate?

6 cylinders vs 4 cylinders
You're an idiot.

>user cherry picks the CVT model for his retarded thread
>it's still slower
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH