/shmupg/ - Shoot 'Em Up General Anonymous

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Zangeki Warp - 1/26/2017

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HdFd-4XN8EU
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/787972790/1485376436
store.steampowered.com/app/564150/
twitch
amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/0912986212
amazon.de/gp/product/0743237870/
youtube.com/watch?v=tVSs_0JZiZM
youtube.com/watch?v=diWykmWv38M
twitter.com/Locomalito/status/824617902015971328
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Danmaku Unlimited 3 March 9th, 2017

How come we don't use the final posts in the last thread to suggest new stuff to put in the OP?

2nd for stage 3

some day im gonna stop restarting stage 2 over and over again and actually make some progress with the game again

4th for DOJ best game

My on exposure to DDP is from streams and the iOS game. Worth jumping into the first game or should I shoot straight for the second?

you mean donpachi? sure, it's worth playing, not a bad shmup at all.

Bahmpu

Any non-doujin/indie shmups slated for release in 2017? No ports.

Natsuki Chronicle

That seems to be Xbox only at the moment right? I didn't see any mention of a PC/Steam release

Only Xbox has been announced so far, I think it's an exclusive. Hopefully it eventually makes its way to PC, it seems like such a waste to release a new shmup for only Xbox.

>it seems like such a waste to release a new shmup for only Xbox.
Seeing as Scorpio is going to be a successor to the Xbone, we can assume shmups for it will get ported to PC by next year, maybe?

Qute already has shmups on PC through Degica so it wouldn't surprise me. I hope they bring Ginga Force.

gibsmedat Raiden V

Oh... so it is karma that keeps Casper flat... gotcha.

help i can't nmnb blackheart2

DKA is chinese though

He isn't too bad with good rng, you just gotta learn the sweeping vulcan

I'm so tired, to play ccwi more, fuck this.

>my te+ doenst work with any shmups on my steam library
fukk

I thought everything outside of Japan is "western"...
Anyway... I can't even clear the game yet, so I really wouldn't call me the best in west.

Bump

Maybe someday...

>I thought everything outside of Japan is "western"...

Jesus the education system really is in steep decline, sad.

Everything outside of the east coast of the usa is western.

SHUMPS!

pew pew

Does this count a shmoops?

youtube.com/watch?v=HdFd-4XN8EU

Zangeki warp delayed, release date pending volvo's approval.

What's a good shmup on the NES besides Gradius?

jesus, how is this original? i guess that's what you get for scoring.

lmao it's ez

No
Galaga

The Guardian Legend if you can find it in your heart to count it.

it's just last phase, would be easier if you use break mode there

What do you guys think about run n' gun games, especially ones with (semi) free aim? Is having too many controls bad? Gigantic Army and Intrusion come to mind

>What do you guys think
i think they're f u n

New thread, yay.

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/787972790/1485376436
God fucking dammit.

hey harry store.steampowered.com/app/564150/

Okay besides that and Xevious as well.

Hmm... maybe. Looks like a few shmup segments intertwined with a twin-stick like shooter. Or maybe like Zelda with a gun.

Oh shit that's nice. I still have to stream a Grolla run, and the sequel too... sometime. Hasn't really been convenient for me to stream stuff for the past few weeks.

I was too late to post last thread, but thanks user! This is exactly what I was looking for.
It's a shame they don't have the DDP DOJ WL poster, but the black label one is nice too

I'm waiting for this to not be stupidly expensive

Once more!

Any... other suggestions here?

Over Horizon, SCAT, Crisis Force, Section Z, Abadox

die jobbu

Thanks, I'll check 'em out. I tried Over Horizon for a bit tonight. Stage 2 boss is a cool idea, as are the ice sliding blocks in Stage 3. I'm not exactly a shmup connoisseur, but I've never really played a shmup with intractable terrain like that.

>gave some dude on twitch infos/links on how to play greg
>one_month_later.jpg
>he's still shit, doesn't even know the basics
>he bought the PCB

>he's still shit
>he bought the PCB
Dadcore to the max.

Zanac, Gun-nac, Star Soldier

thickkk

twitch tv/softdrink_117
bombaaa

>softdrink

more like soft twink.

He has ADD

fish I guess

nah, just a standard cuck.

I like them a lot for the most part, playing adventures of batman on genesis atm it's very hard but addictive somehow.

watch out you're about to trigger a cee rant about how ADD doesn't exist and it was created by the jews to exploit americans

What a strange sentence that doesn't apply to me at all, i'm pro Israel for a start as for ADD well it's a very vague hard to define "condition" which american big pharma do like many things exploit to sell meds. No other country in the world has all the conditions, illnesses and drug dependency that america does. Last point might be a reference to yuri bezmenov who was 100% right on everything he said, you'd have to be pretty zombiefied to not see it. I know you aren't particularly bright and clearly not much of a reader but this book is a great read if you can handle words longer than 5 letters. amazon.com/Creature-Jekyll-Island-Federal-Reserve/dp/0912986212

bullshit rng

I think that ADD does exist, but only in very rare cases.

amazon.de/gp/product/0743237870/ this is also pretty good

*not cee

Right so you pretty much share my views and approach to mental illness and therefore understand how easy it is for corporate pharma to exploit it aswell as exploiting the appeal to authority that comes with the blind trust many give to "dr" titles, so what's the problem? I take it you're not the dumb fuck who has to rationalize in inaccurate stereotypes to attack me who posted previously. The thing with many mental illnesses is as soon as you request objective neurological evidence you soon see how it all falls apart.

most PCB collectors are shit players anyway
I only respect PCB owners who know what they buy and play their games properly, the rest of the PCB crowd is just useless hipster nerds whos only action on the community is to crank the prices up. Same goes for console collector (lol at Garegga and Radiant on Saturn, every single non-player retro collector nerd has them on shelf catching dust).

what the fug?!?!?!? youtube.com/watch?v=tVSs_0JZiZM

youtube.com/watch?v=diWykmWv38M

Oh cool, another dbcs DLC no one gives a fuck about. Can they please stop milking this shit game and port/dev a new shmup? jesus christ

whether or not you like dbcs, it's encouraging that they somehow got the ability to use long dead capcom shit. maybe progear pc port isn't a complete impossibility.

Looks like a really boring game.

Why dont Capcom port Progear to PC instead? If they could make DLC there's no reason to not do it

>PC
lmao

ps4 m2 port nigga

>local dad shits are console users
rly makes u think

Local dad shits hate PC gaming with a passion, not just because of steam's DRM but... they just hate pc gaming.

Most of them bought the garegga premium box anyways despite complaining about "muh physical disk". They desperately need something to put on their shelfs just to not play/touch it ever again. Once in a while they play a credit or two and stream via PS4's streaming service just to type "stab and stomp Kreygasm", "garegga so hard :OO" and "the rank is unforgiving!" in chat just to feel a little bit better about themselves.

that mecha game looks really good
never heard of this before

>i'm pro Israe
Jesus fuck, l knew you were stupid but I never assumed you were a flat out retard.

DAE jews? XD the goy knows LMAO

Bump

Casper likes meat huh? Well, i've got something very meaty for her :)

twitter.com/Locomalito/status/824617902015971328
oh shit

Nice, hope Maldita Castilla EX didn't give him any ideas and it'll stay free at least on initial release

hype

It's so difficult to always keep improving your routes. I just stay at route at some point, because I can't even manage this one consistently. But when you try to improve your routes then some day, it makes it even harder to adjust yourself.

Just got to the end of the boss rush, this game is a blast.
>That fucking fist boss that goes full metal when you kill it

I dunno about Maldita Castilla EX (didn't like the original) but I would gladly pay for this game

RIP

What's this thread doing without Ryuujou?

Helisluts >> Shipsluts

So you say, who's your favorite Helislut and who's your favorite Shipslut then?

Not that user and I don't know anything about the former but of the latter Musashi is best shipfu.

Bad idea

Hey, this level looks stage! Looks like a classic Darius stage! It sure was worth playing through 11 stages to see something nice like this!