/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB42)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?26760

>Datamine (OB42)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-42-datamining-maeve-new-champion-cards/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

First for literally everyones father

second for best boy

third for kikes

fourth for ignore autism

fifth for report autism

Opinion on Pip after the buff?

xth for incoming shitposting

Fernando is my amigo.

is the gun in game yet
it looks neat

He is everyone's special amigo.

Still C U T E!
The falloff is more forgiving now, making duels a bit easier, and will do more damage against grouped targets. Other than that, business as usual.

Yes, and for the low low price of 200 shekels user! Pay up!

It is, 200 crystals tho.
It looks nice + special chickens, but discombobulator is still the best.

Just bought the new Rooster weapon for Pip with my hard earned jewbear crystals. Feels good man.

Can't play yet, does the PvE have easy and hard modes like Smite?

Sixth for don't panic and cry when people bring up Overwatch.

No, enjoy getting rekt by aimbots

Apparently winning one game in ranked gives you Grandmaster border now.
How do they even make those bugs, holy shit.

Darn. Thought that was a good compromise given how how hard the Smite one was if you try to do it without a real group.

Replace pip with a cute anime girl.

>getting rekt in PvE
Pip ult + Bomb king ult = insta win.

Finally a reason to play ranked.

>cute anime girl with multiple cocks
i like it

>implying the average retard in queue knows to do this
Skye Cassie Viktor Tyra 3 games in a row

But we already have Ying for futa gangbangs.

You can't be serious.
>Both edgelords
>Both have skull-like mask, trenchcoat, and wear black
>Both use massive handguns

This was done on purpose, if you couldn't tell. They're designed to attract the Reaper players. He's Reaper, except he plays like a Reaper/Mccree hybrid.

Another reason I'm trying to figure this out is that it either implies Paladins ripped off quite a bit from Overwatch, or it's the other way around which is even more insane as Blizzard would've ripped off a lot of things from a comparatively small company like HiRez knowing they could get away with it via their money juggernaut, which is disgusting and I would stop playing Overwatch and throw money at Paladins.

Oh yes, I actually have money, and I'm not spending it until I figure this out. See my conundrum, anons? I'd love to support Paladins, but this issue is important to anyone with a brain. Some of you, I know, this will not apply to. Happily disregard and continue staring at the wall.

Ignore.

I got matched with a guy who played Ruckus and didn't buy a single item.

reminder to ignore shitposters and report them

I sure hope he was yelling at you for buying the wrong thing the entire time.

So that's where all those Grandmaster Skyes came from. Good to know.

I wish. He was yelling at me because I couldn't heal him properly when he jumped right on the point.

Reminder that I'm not a shitposter and you're both sperging faggots that the rest of us are laughing at.

Anyway I think I've learned that Paladins was, in beta, a more unique game, but changed to be more like Overwatch over time. Is this accurate?

How many of you still playing Paladins liked the old version better? Do you fault them for making the game more like OW?

>the rest of us are laughing at.
haha wat

Feels bad man. I fucking hate healing every Ruckus, cause they always jump straight on the point, get gangbanged and then spam VHS all the time.

don't reply to shitposters they don't want to debate they want to get free (You)s

mcree I'll give you, but remind me again where reaper can fly, shoot out long range aoe shots and block attacks coming from a direction?

Pal, ignore the bait.
Unless you are the samefag just trying to discuss with yourself.

So, anyone have a good Torvald deck? and has anyone tried using him in ranked?

If you listen to HiRez's story (which may or may not be true, but there's no evidence to the contrary as far as we know), Paladins, in the early stages was very similar to how Overwatch ended up being (that is, directly taking after TF2's KotH and CP arena-style modes), but when Overwatch was announced, the Paladins dev team decided to shift away from the TF2-style into the weird large-scale map-types of the closed beta. Eventually, due to feedback and general analysis of Overwatch's popularity, they decided to say "fuck it", and went back to the original plan of being similar to TF2 game modes, Overwatch be damned.

Again, how much of this narrative is true can be debated, but I see no overt reason why it isn't plausible.

Reposting tits and hips.

>torvald's finger gun taunt

i love it

Those are unique, but they have enough of the design where it's obvious they're making a Reaper, at least visually. That's why the 13 year old Hot Topic credit card holders pick him, anyway.

All you faggots keep saying this, but all you're doing is showing you don't understand what bait is and are just terrified to have a real conversation.

Come out of the closet, faggots, and just talk. It's not going to hurt you.

It's what i liked the most from the stream.

But do you love it enough to buy 127 colossal chest

I am usually a healslut or tank main, but no way I am playing either of these after the patch. I ain't healing or protecting any faggots that have never played frontline but now are shitting themselves trying to insta-lock Torvald.

>first game of Torvald (fish market)
>initial tank slapfight
>Makoa hooks me
>can't even get through my shield
>my beam is burning him down too fast
>he's low and attempts to shield
>I just eat his shield up
>he dies

>later
>overtime with enemy Makoa and Drogoz on cart
>firehose both of them off the cart and off the stage
>Makoa sinks like a stone and Drogoz is desperately trying to glide back
>feel light tapping on back of shield
>whip around and blast Evie into a corner with last bit of ult
>silence her escape attempt and finsh her off
>Drogoz is finally about to touch down again
>taser him dead before he even lands
>play of the game

Just play Grohk

If you have a tank to heal, great

If not, just use your 2700 HP, totem, and laser pointer to be the frontliner your time always wanted

it's nice
but what the fuck is his default taunt
someone explain

>taunt
it's an emote.

Sha Lin carried.
Jk, good job.

he is a old man that get excited too easily

wait, can we not get emotes from radiant chest anymore?

like I'll give you paladin's cribs from the same notes that overwatch does, but to say it's a copy is a bit too far imo.

I bet it's scrapped Ying or Pip emote.
Looks cute on him, though.

where is Reaper cursed arm?
where is Reaper ghost revolver?
where are Reaper horns?
where is Reaper gem at the middle of his chest?

Emotes and poses. Enjoy paying 75 crystals for them now.

Same. Ruckus players seem to often forget they're not always as powerful as his ult. Some tanks can run onto the point and not care what the situation is, he isn't one of them.

You still can, but why would you want to leave it all up to random chance when you could just buy all the colossal chest and guarantee you get it? You could open 500 radiant chest and never get the emote you want my friend, wouldn't that just be terrible

Interesting, but aren't the game modes really similar anyway? I mean the only difference in Siege is that it's a combination of capture point and payload right?

The game modes are fine, but the characters are just too much. I downloaded Paladins, after playing Smite for years and Overwatch since release, expecting something unique. The characters being like 80% complete and total ripoffs or recombinations of Overwatch characters was very, very disappointing. I expected more from HiRez, desu, after playing Smite for so long.

I enjoy Paladins, but it's so much an Overwatch clone that things like the mounts and little card system seem like tacked-on gimmicks so they can say "look, our game is different!" when it's obviously not.

A lot you insist that the game is deeper and different mechanics-wise, but I'm having trouble investing any time into it when it plays almost exactly like an Overwatch budget knock-off.

I'll give credit where credit is due: that was probably the only Sha Lin I've ever seen carry his own weight.

if you really played Smite you could see how many Paladins abilities come from it

*should

>All emotes and poses are now in the Colossal Chest as well as the Radiant Chest.

I don't know why, maybe making you spend more crystals to get actual items

Is the menu music super quiet after the patch for anyone else?

Yes, they lowered it by a considerable amount this patch

These are literally tiny details. Do you guys have any concept of creating an original character? Have you been poisoned so hard by the anime generation that even the most superficial differences qualify for making an original character?

I'm an artist and a writer, have been paid for both, and this shit is blatant copying that borders on theft of intellectual property. You can't take an original character, give him a new mask and slightly change his weapon, then say he's your original character. People have been sued for doing far less than what Paladins has done.

Rest assured, Blizzard could sue them. They've just chosen not to because any suit would get insanely complicated and make for bad PR. They'd only do it if they thought Paladins was a legitimate threat to their income.

But depending on the situation and facts I haven't been able to find yet, HiRez could also sue Blizzard on the same grounds. Blizzard obviously has a gozillion more dollars than little HiRez, but if they had the intellectual property rights and could prove it, it wouldn't matter in the end.

The bigger thing is how Paladins and Overwatch aren't likely ripping each other off, it's more that the similar ideas are kind of obvious or things that are done all the time. Big guy with a hook. Edgelord assassin. Sniper who also has an SMG. Guy with a bow. People focus on these things like they're actually the interesting parts instead of realizing each game builds on them in different directions.

>an entire arm
>tiny detail

loak at this Reaper ripoff i found

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind Code Green chest cost, since the other cool skins cost 125 crystals or more.
However, I still think that it's shitty that instead of getting a skin you can get a fucking spray.

I know that, and I'm fine with that. I kind of expected it and yes besides Grover I think Cassie plays a lot like Rama. It was the Overwatch knock-offs that disappointed me and ruined the game experience.

Hell, I started playing as Pip and was enjoying the game until I saw Reinhardt's shield, Dvas mech, Torbjorns, turrets, Roadhogs hook, Pharah as a flying lizard, and Mei's ice block was the straw that broke the camels back. I wanted to play a different hero shooter with HiRezs great charm and designs, not Overwatch .5

It was then that the horror dawned on me that I'd randomly picked the one of maybe three original characters out of a roster of 21.

I also think that Smite has a great F2P system going for it and have spent lots of money on it. I can't see doing that in Paladins unless the deeper gameplay is just amazing and makes up for how similar to Overwatch it is.

>still think that it's shitty that instead of getting a skin you can get a fucking spray.

So you do mind

>it plays almost exactly like an Overwatch budget knock-off
It doesn't, it has some key differences which are why I play it rather than Overwatch:
>higher time to kill, which means fewer instant deaths and longer fights. It feels more like the ttk of a MOBA rather than an FPS and I enjoy that more.
>ultimates aren't broken and don't regularly wipe the enemy team/revive your whole team/do any of that kind of bullshit. They're also dodgeable because most champions have an ability for escaping.
>the overall balance is better and there is less bullshit. For example, Roadhog's hook combo can kill most heroes in one hit whereas Makoa's hook does less damage and is more for dragging an enemy into the middle of your team. There are also no broken must-pick champions like Reinhardt or Ana.
Seriously, I have to type this shit out to everyone who claims they're the same game, there should really be a copypasta or something.

Damn, you got me.
Time to shake my fist at the picture of JewBear. How dare he steal my shekels.

I know that, but play each game for 5 minutes and it's obvious that they aren't just using the same tropes that came from... wherever they came from. The characters are far, far, FAR too similar. Even extrapolating from TF2 classes, yes Mei and Evie are variants of the Pyro which can do damage over time, but suddenly two completely different companies make them both ice women with area ults that operate in the exact same way?

That level of coincidence doesn't exist, and that's not a trope. That's a deliberate copy, as are many of the other things you mentioned. The details are too similar.

Side note: at least there's a conversation now instead of people screaming bait and ignore. Thanks.

Really reaching with most of those "ripoff" accusations, bait-kun. At least say what they're actually ripping off and not just wank to overwatch more

how about getting 3 almost identical torsos before you get a head?

>Mei and Evie are variants of the Pyro which can do damage over time
You played Paladins for half an hour didn't you

>Hell, I started playing as Pip and was enjoying the game until I saw Reinhardt's shield, Dvas mech, Torbjorns, turrets, Roadhogs hook, Pharah as a flying lizard, and Mei's ice block was the straw that broke the camels back. I wanted to play a different hero shooter with HiRezs great charm and designs, not Overwatch

You must have a hard time playing any game in existence since a lot of games share similar ability concepts, even those you mentioned.

But seriously
>turrets

This is how I know you're just trolling.

Thank you for this post and after playing Overwatch since release, I know that you're right. The ultimates and insta-kills have been a source of constant frustration in OW since the beginning. Every 13 year old grabs a Reaper, does terrible, but can still jump in and ult to get a 4 or 5 kill streak and clutch the game. It's like it was designed so that no matter how good you are, a player with way lower skill can fuck you.

The meta is also tiring as hell, same 6-7 characters almost every game that if you don't pick, you lose. Ranked is anal surgery.

I will remember this. If it makes you feel better, it's my first time to pal general and I've only been playing paladins for like 8 hours lol. It also helps a lot for me to think of Paladins as a better-balanced Overwatch so I can accept the mirrored kits and abilities and still enjoy the game.

>Mei and Evie are variants of the Pyro
Pyro doesn't have a rocket launcher.

oof, you should put on your big boy bait pants now m8, the bait quality is getting lower and lower now.

Neither of them can sue the other. You can copyright a character's name, a character's design, but not gameplay mechanics. For example, Capcom once lost a lawsuit suing a Street Fighter clone that even ripped off some of the characters, but gave them new themes.

Wow i can't believe they did this, such a blatant Reaper ripoff

Reminder that Shield Makoa is best Makoa.

Half an hour? The guy thinks Evie is like the Pyro. That would require either never playing Evie or never playing TF2.

Hey I stayed up all night, boy I've got like 6 hours now. But that's the closest comparison in TF2 I can figure.

I meant to say Torbjorns turrets.

and no I don't have a hard time playing a lot of games since I've never in my life seen two games that were so blatantly similar down to having literally the exact same characters with different skins and a subtle ability tweak, i.e. Widowmaker and Kinessa.

I'm 30 years old and I've never, ever in my life seen such blatant copying. It's never happened like in these two games, and I wouldn't be in here spending time talking about it if I didn't know this was true, I would instead be playing Paladins and having fun.

But I downloaded Palawatch and want to know what the fuck is going on. Sorry I missed the boat, I'm sure these conversations were all the rage a few months ago or late 2015.

>inb4 30 year old jokes
30 is the new 20, kids.

They went too far

I'm sick of playing support while Torvald shitters are everywhere. Because now every other frontliner will become Flanknando or my teammates will completly ignore the point and go chase the enemy Evie.

I just want to play Ying without being left to be gangraped and killed by the enemies, while Torvald is running to safety, and the rest of my team is nowhere to be seen.

Is it worth it becoming a Kinessa/Skye main? I just want to jerk off in a corner while I'm having fun.

hey guys whats going on

>tfw we've all ripped off Overwatch and Blizzard will sue us all

Interesting.

Um, I guess the ice staff is like a rocket launcher, but Evie took the ice cube shield and the ultimate straight from Mei so that's why I grouped them. There are plenty of other characters with pyro-like weapons that apply a DOT, like Fernando's flamethrower.

The recombinations would be a lot easier to swallow than the straight 1-for-1 rip offs like the other half of the characters.

Are you autistic or are you just that big of a fanboy? Why do you care so much?

We can't allow this

>Is it worth it becoming a Kinessa/Skye main? I just want to jerk off in a corner while I'm having fun.
Why not pick Sha Lin instead? He deals more damage and has a longer ultimate, more time to jerk off!

They can't keep getting away with it!

Except there is footage of Evie and her Ice Block before Mei even got announced, ya ninny.
And no, the ults aren't the same either. Evie's is instant effect where you stand that cripples enemies (can't use movement ability, but can do other things just fine) and moves forward slightly.

>overbaby is crying about what a big rip off barik is because he places turrets like otrbjorn does
>isnt seeing the fact that torbjorn's turret is literally tf2 engineer's sentry gun

how delusional must one person be

I can't wait for the trial of century, Blizzard vs the world.

Not to mention trying to place Blizzard of all things on a pedestal of originality