/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Don't believe his lies edition.

Blood drunk: 166474938

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

PURGE FILTH

(embed)

>(embed)(embed)

(embed) edition

>make the last 6 threads in a row
gimme a break fuckboys

Reminder to IGNORE TRIPFAGS.
Namely Luci

Guy who bitched about Logarius here

Is HLMS and Wheel a good weapon set for a 25/50 STR/ARC build?

Yes, Nourshing gems for both. Normal/Lost for HMS, Uncanny/Lost for Wheel.

It doesn't matter really, he want to be filtered by the one who already know him and tell him to fuck off, so he can trick the newfags freely

When's the earliest I can pick up a lost Chikage?

>tfw you kill BLB with a guy in random coop and he messages you saying the gem wasn't good enough and you get sucked into 1 hour of farming cursed BLB

FRC Ihyll, check the OP

FRC Ihyll doesn't seem early.
Oh well.

AHH

FUck laurence
rest in hell you burning bastard
fuck it, fuck fromsoft, fuck kojima, fuck you

The doll is mine.

Fuck... let me guess. those gems are only found in Chalice Dungeons?

Recommend me a build (please). I've played str/skl, skl, str, and skl/arc.

99 ARC Broccoli

Try bloodtinge then.

Str/Arc a best, Wheel and Moonlight Sword are two of the most fun weapons in the game.

Str/Arc, Str/Blt. Skl/Blt is a meme if you don't go 50/50.

Can you imagine if you could puke on people in real life and make them go crazy and explode in a cloud of blood?

Pure arc or pure bloodtinge is very fun. I suggest arc though because I enjoy it more

There's 2 in the main game but are pretty shit, the 15% Radial in Mergo's is eh. You're better off going into CD's, it's almost required for Arcane builds.

>fuck kojima
Kek.

Thank you good hunters

>sucking some faggots cock
>deepthroating hard
>puke on "accident"
HAHAHA BET HE DIDN'T SEE IT COMING

All of this, just to be able to do what dedicated strength/skill builds can do as good or better with paper.

Just the Kos Parasite is enough, what else sets broccoli apart?

What's the difference between pure arc and arc/str? You need to get str to 20 to even use some arc weapons like logarius spin spin, so I don't see how it's much different from 25.

You don't understand. Paper adds 80 damage to a weapon. Gems REPLACE physical damage with elemental damage. You can swap out gems to take proper advantage of elemental weaknesses. And str/skl can't use cool sorceries like augur, executioner gloves, and acb

>What's the difference between pure arc and arc/str?
"Pure" Arc is Tools/ Parasite/ starter weapon -only, and goes to 70-99Arc.

Str/Arc is 25/50 and designed for Wheel, HMLS, some converted weapons, and Tools.

either 18 for whirlimeme or 25 for wheel

too bad I have no fucking materials for any of those dungeons. Jesus christ From must fucking hate Arcane hunters.

Also, how in the mother of fuck am I supposed to beat those two hunters after Ludwig? Im just going to straight up grind until level 100, and then do DLC, Yahargul and Mensis then. Jesus fucking christ. I think its time to put this game away for a couple of months

Pure Arc let's you invest more into Arc past 50 for insane Hunter Tool damage with little to no investment into Str/Skl. Some people prefer having more weapon options, some like seeing how powerful Hunter Tools can get.

Is it worth it to use the Parasite with 25/50, or should I just stick with tools and my converted stake driver?

>Fighting Bloodletting Beast
Does this get an award for the worst designed and most boring boss in the whole game or what?

Man you're really unpleasant to respond to. Can you like fuck off or just stop complaining so goddamn much?

Say that to my face fucker and not online and see what happens

You're welcome

There's a guide in the OP you can follow for CD's, it's not that hard really. Go for the one in black first, spam Exe gloves to stagger her and stunlock her with a Fire Saw Spear or whatever you're using. Then go for the one in white, BSE has a limited range and she walks slowly so it's easy to sperate them. You can also just ignore them. Arc builds get easier once you know how to use them.

I used to think so, but he's acrually just as exploitable and easy as all the other bestial enemies.

Just hug the blade of his left foot.

Milkweed Parasite, as I understand, is garbage in PvE at any Arc level, but at 50 it's just fine for PvP.

No
that goes to boss brainsucker

>25/50 STR/ARC
>bitched about logarius
lol
I feel you

>quit complaining about a game that is notoriously difficult

Sorry mate, i dont know what else to do at this point. I get called a shitter if I go online for guides, and if I say Im having trouble with a part they just say to summon help. and then if I try to grind, I get called a worthless shitter for beating the game by myself at level 98. I just cant win. You cant imagine how frustrated this game had made me. Ive actually enjoyed playing it, but in my opinion the difficulty spike after Byrgenwerth is totally ridiculous.

Exploitable, but that doesn't make him a good design or even bearable. Fighting him feels like a chore even when you find out how to kill him.

Previous thread:

>You cant imagine how frustrated this game had made me
No I think I can.

>I get called a shitter if I go online for guides, and if I say Im having trouble with a part they just say to summon help.
I responded to your post about Logarius asking you to tell me what what giving you trouble and to describe your setup but you ignored it to accept the help.

>I get called a shitter if I go online for guides
>and then if I try to grind, I get called a worthless shitter for beating the game by myself at level 98. I just cant win.
No one' called you a shitter, someone actually pointed you to a guide, and so far the only person making a huge pain in the ass commotion over anything is you.

>but in my opinion the difficulty spike after Byrgenwerth is totally ridiculous
You should have don't the first couple chalice dungeons by now and gotten some decent gems.

If you're running Phys, you could have a set of 20%s already, and if you're running Arc, you could have a set of 16%s.

You're running underpowered and blaming the game for your mistake.

>and if I say Im having trouble with a part they just say to summon help

The online function exists to be fucking used, also who gives a fuck what autistic gem grinding faggots call you on /bbg/? Nobody liked Fromsoft elitism.

I got someone to help me with Loggy. I can take a pic of my current stats if you want, Im level 74. I beaten Cainhurst, Rom and Ludwig. anything after either of those paths I have been able to get past.

Ive been using a +8 Whirligig that has a fire gem in it, with the Tonitrus as a backup. Ive gotten thru the two basic CDs so far, the one with the first firedoggo and then one with an easy final kin boss. I dont have the right materials to do any others, though I do have five total chalices.

I really do apologize for coming off as so hot-headed. this general has been really nice and welcoming to me, I am just a drunk fuck-up with a short fuse

I wish you didn't need to go all the way to the mensis brain for the pthumerian ihyll, you're practically at the end of the game then

So /bbg/ I had fallen in love with the Stake Driver, my question is what sort of build should one take to maining this weapon? I understand the weapon does well on using Quality but I'm also aware of ramping Arcane up the ass for those reality-warping Oil-Urned R2's

Well, unless you're really good it seems unlikely you're strong enough to get through ihyll without a blood rock anyway

I've been using an arcane build and I've had zero regrets. The stake driver DOES have range problems, but hunter tools alleviate them a lot. And you're not missing out on much damage by using fire gems throughout the maingame instead of quality build, as long as you kill hotdog a couple times for some decent gems.

Never been to a Root Chalice Dungeon before. In the OP is there a list of some easier ones I could go to? Kinda confused how it works

Both work fine, I prefer Fire Stake for the Urns though. Makes farming Amy miles easier with a 25/50 Str/Arc build.

Just create one and do it, it's fun.
All the map layouts and enemies are randomized.

You don't need to do roots, FRC ones are usually the only ones worth making and they're at the end of CD's.

How much have you done with regular chalices? Root chalices just randomize the layout. You can also add extra challenges on it that increase the rewards, so you could always just make a chalice/search for one with SRRC that doesn't have FRC rituals added.

I have only done two of them that the game gives you. I know there are codes for these Root Dungeons, and I need some nourishing gems for my STR/ARC build

Root Chalices are randomized versions of the dungeon you found them in. For instance, an Isz Root Chalice is just a dungeon that looks like Isz, has Isz enemies and bosses, but is completely randomzied in its layout, enemies locations and what bosses you get. It's the same for every other chalice.

Every root chalice you make has a glyph, a string of letters and/or numbers, this is its unique ID which you can search for, for free, at headstones, providing you have the corresponding root chalice (you need a Loran Root Chalice to use a glyph for a Loran Root Chalice, and so on).

They use the same Depth measurement for difficulty as story chalices, but this time you can also add Foetid, Rotted or Cursed rites (FRC for short) using specific materials. Foetid and Rotted make enemies harder or make harder enemies spawn, Cursed chalices cut your health down significantly, but they're also where you get the absolute best gems.

Just go to a headstone with enough materials and make a root of your choice, if you're unsure about all this, make a Depth 3 one, one of the early Pthumeru ones, and have a look around.

It's only my first playthrough so I think I may have messed up an efficient build regardless having my points spread 18/17/18/15/6/13. I think both Quality and Fire Stake-builds are possibly beyond the point of salvaging without having wasted several levels. I'll fix this for the second character next time.
Anyone have the specific values for such a build?

You need to beat the regular dungeons to get high level root dungeons

Ignore the root dungeons until you get root cups for ailing loran/ihyll/isz, and use the gems from nightmare of mensis to get through the regular versions. The root chalices are found in the regular versions. There's a guide to get to the end level chalices as fast as possible in the OP

>getting hit through walls

I have hated this shit in every single souls game and it still makes me mad every single time it happens to this day.

Damn it... no Nourishing gems for me to finish up my first playthrough then.

Okay, first of all, don't put any more points into endurance (which doesn't give much for every point in it) or bloodtinge (which doesn't help stake driver at all). Your STR/SKILL is fine, I think; you can't exactly bring them much lower since stake driver has high minimums to wield. get VIT to 20 or so, then dump points right into ARC from now on. If you want Quality, ignore arc and dump all points into STR/SKL. You're pretty much fine, just no more BLT or END and pick either ARC or STR/SKL

There's a 15% nourishing radial in Mergo's Loft my dude
there's a 9% nourishing triangle in the path from the forbidden woods to the clinic to tide you over until then

>Djura was right

Either aim for 50/25/15 Str/Skl/Arc or 18+/15+/50. You could go 25/50 Str/Arc for HMS, Wheel, Toni and Boomhammer too. 40-50 Vit, ignore Blt and maybe End if you feel comfortable at 18 (don't go over 20).

what would be a good build for converted weapons at SL98? not bothered with using tonitrs or anything like that. preferably with 18 str 12 skill for whirli

>boohoo I'm not living up to anyone's standards
perhaps if you got good then you wouldn't have these problems

Cruel Fate: 40+/12+/18/14/5/50. After that whatever extra Vit/End you can fit in.

Thanks for the help really Off to Megapunch the world

Is the whirligig actually a good converted weapon? My friend says it's better pure STR, they think the same thing about the Kirkhammer

Alright
Also, I know I said to stop putting points into VIT at 20, but I meant just for now. The other guy was right in that 40+ is where you wanna end up, and don't be afraid to level VIT if you feel it's to low throughout the game

bowblade counters defiled amygdala pretty hard
I didn't even have to cheese

Any converted weapon is good when Cold Abyssals exist.

alright thanks

>fall through the sea into another dimension
>fighting a really fat spider that casts magic by flopping around
loving it

I have a couple of noob questions though.
1) I'm running about with my weapon transformed at almost all times (the starting axe) is this a bad idea?
2) What is the purpose of bigger guns? Aside from damage. Do they give you a bigger parry window or something?

Nah, tricked Axe is probably the best mode but untricked is okay. Cannons are for burst damage, can't parry.

make sure to save the clip

>1) I'm running about with my weapon transformed at almost all times (the starting axe) is this a bad idea?
No, but you're using a restricted moveset of your weapon. Untricked axe is faster and allows use of your gun, and the transformation attack also has some uses (tons of rally)

>2) What is the purpose of bigger guns? Aside from damage. Do they give you a bigger parry window or something?
You mean firearms like the cannon? They do a lot more damage and stun/knockback but they don't parry at all.

Nah. The only downside is that you can't parry since it's two handed, but you can always transform back if you need to. The only weapon that is bad to run around transformed always is the Chikage, but that's because it sucks your HP.

The shotguns have a big spread, so enemies are more likely to get hit by them when flailing around. The cannons and such can't parry, but do a shitload of damage. They practically don't scale at all and have crazy str requirements, though, so they're mostly for strength builds that don't use bloodtinge (which is most of them).

Sorry some IRL stuff came up.

If you're BL74 you should have 50 Arc. Or at least 40. If you don't you're shortchanging yourself.

I don't know who you mean by easy final kin boss, but if you've been through Pthumerian Labyrinth, you should have at least two 10% fire radials in that 'Gig.

You could/ should probably open 8i29rqz3 and buy a Lost version, sonce you'll get good Fire Wanings in Loran.

You should do Central Pthu, Lower Pthu at least to Layer 2, and Ailing Loran.

Use pic related to gather the chalice materials. If you don't have enough to open the next one, you can open previous ones again for free by searching for ones other players have opened.

Your priority for now should be getting two better Radials and/or a better Waning for the 'Gig. You can get up to 16% from the two flaming spear pthumerian "hollows" in the Layer 1 pre-lamp bonus area of Lower Pthumeru.

After that, you can get 15% Fire and Bolt wanings in Loran. Bosses there can also drop Bloodstone Chunks.

Thanks.
I've been blown up because of my own greed several times now.

Just breezed through Loran with those shitty gems.
I don't know why people say that arcane is difficult.

It's definitely more complicated, and the very first parts of the game can suck

To be perfectly fair, that's a serrated fire weapon used against beasts. You're doing something like 30+% more damage than you would be using a non-serrated, non-fire weapon.

>get saw spear
>see enemy
>mash r1
>see boss
>use fire paper
>use beast blood pellet
>mash r1
>dead boss

EZ fucking game

They read that retarded "guide" and think they can do the whole game with a Saw Spear and the CW 8% waning.

At this point I'm certain that thing has done more harm than good.

That's true for literally every build

But you can finish the game easily if you slot the 2 Hotdog gems with it, which the guide mentions.

Two 10% and the CW waning are not even close to enough to sufficient for most people to finish the game.

Main game maybe, but not the DLC and not depth 4+ chalices.

Says you, I've done all of that several time with the shitty gems just fine.

so I beat yharnham... it was surprisingly underwhelming... so uh what now?

>most people
Hurr durr not me :^)

Me neither dipshit, but that doesn't explain the thread being full of "wahh Arc is 2hard" posts the last few weeks.

My first blind run I didn't even touch chalices before finishing both story and dlc. Now I run chalices first and I'm completely overpowered for the story and dlc.

27s