Does china have any real car culture ?

does china have any real car culture ?

They for sure are better than Germans when it comes to copy paste

No they have a ride a moped and eat dogs culture.

China doesn't have any sort of culture since commie revolution. Sad but true.

Not really. Everyone there is so frugal that car culture kinda goes over their heads. If you want car culture in Asia, you go to Japan.

Chinese culture is like Jewish culture without religion.

so they have no culture? Jews always revolve around god. t. Haim

>plates

Hey look, it's a meeting where those guys show off their latest stolen W124 and W202 lol

slowly happening here too.
really makes you think.

Not yet. So far cars are mostly bought by people in the upper parts of the growing middle class, and 40-something folks who want their cozy commuter do not generally care about them so much.
But with time and if the chinese middle class can continue to grow, the current stock might start to lose value and end up in the hands of younger people who get them because they care for some reason. Once that happens, we will see.
So far, chinese car culture pretty much ends outside of shows and R&D departments. And it really shows whan you see what is being done to european or american vahicles to make them more attractive to the chinese market.

>does china have any real car culture ?
Not to the exteriors. Some people do meet and that is car culture. But it's not like your Usa car culture. Then again, it's unfair to insist that China can only have car culture if it is like the one in the Usa.

copy-pasting western designs is their car culture.

>Everyone there is so frugal

Their sedans are way roomier than others, im sure theres a group of people that like driving

amber blinkers are hnnnggg

>yfw that's all only worth $3

More like 3000.
Yuan and Yen are not the same currency, the yuan isn't nearly as weak.

>knowing anything about chink money
kill yourself nerd

Just keeping myself vaguely aware in case there is some embryo of interest into the soon-to-exist CDM, that way I'll have dem chinese A E S T H E T I C S before anyone else.
:^)

Is that an attractive Chinese woman? That's a first.

>woman

You've been here too long.

Nah dude, japs are into dressing up, koreans walk in the thin line, southeasterners take hormones, but chinks don't really get into that all.
The main positive/negative thing about communism 2bh

I wish I could post the gif of the kid getting run over by two trucks with no one to help her

Or the one where a fucking retard jumps on a 2 year old kid sweeping outside his parent's store and beats the shit out of him with the broom he was using

but here, this is Veeky Forums related and SFW enough to not trigger chang ling

>I wish I could post the gif of the kid getting run over by two trucks with no one to help her
The pictures of preparation of chinese street food is pretty scary especially where oil comes from.

>does china have any real car culture
They make and sell a lot of mod parts. Therefore, the culture of modding must exist. However, a lot of Veeky Forums users seem to have cultural arrogance in that if they don't see it (with their paltry efforts), then it cannot exist.

Cyka blyat!

I spent some time in China. Regulations, economy, and societal norms hold back car culture.

Owning a "brand name" car in their culture isn't something they're interested in unless they want to have a status symbol. Even then, those people have older completely stock long-wheel-base luxury sedans (like OP's pic). They like long-wheel-base because in their culture, they're more worried about rear passengers (usually, co-workers, or family members) having comfort as well.

Most people own knock-off cars that look VERY similar to the real stuff, then they slap on the other manufacturers badge. They all know that they aren't real, but they just like the idea, but don't believe in the practicality.

It's kind of is like owning an Iphone for $600, when you can have a lower-case "L"phone instead for $50. Looks the same, no real noticable difference in performance, and its cheaper to maintain because the cars in question usually share a lot of the same parts from much older chinese engines that are in wide-spread use.

Jesus, do they love their Buicks tho. Black Buicks are the rich-man's status symbol over there for some reason.

FYI. Don't buy Chinese products if they're purpose is related to safety or nourishment.

They cut ALOOOOOT of corners over there.

They will reduce the life of a product by half if it means they save a penny and get away with it by twisting the words of a "product standards" document.

I can't speak on what i've experienced with the company I work for because of legal reasons, but when Sony had the chinese assemble a generation of their Playstation, they required them to install a number of bolts to keep the playstation from being damaged in shipment, and ofcourse, be a solid product.

They knew the only quality check Sony would do is to weigh the end-product to make sure they included all the screws... they literally used half the screws, left the rest in a baggie, and taped it to the interior panel of the unit.

They saved several seconds of man power... over the course of their contract, they saved a lot of money by doing that, but then Sony had to recall a few because of "Damaged through transit" issues.

Their cars are even worse: Panels misaligned, loose suspension components, engine failures due to incorrect torque specs, and the list goes on.

I'm not that political, but when Trump said that he'd be changing the relationship between China's and America, I felt a sense of relief.

This and all the China webms I have on my hard drive are great assurance that the BRICS countries are still 3rd world shitholes

You know how a lot of people who change the oil, the moment they purchase a vehicle because it's been sitting there for awhile and the first oil-change puts in real oil, and not just "This car may sit for a year" oil.

Yyyyeah... The chinese pay for a "Post Purchase" service. It basically includes some dude going over all the vital points on the chassis and torquing them to spec. They get paid really well, because torque specs are ALWAYS off.

A friend of mine visited several Chinese cities about 2 years ago and said that there's shit tons of Audis there since the government uses/used to use them. Owning an Audi is a big status symbol over there.

Give them time. It's basically the first generation car ownership

When will treating people like humans come into play? never?

Looks like a 190e 16v there, thats pretty cool

Yes there culture is different to any other kind of car culture. Instead of having unique designs and stuff like that, their car culture is seeing how many people they can kill with their shitty driving. The higher the score the more cultured they are. Extra points are award to chinese that kill people aboard with their driving skills. This is why you will mostly see them rolling around in 4x4s.

I think they have to be human in the first place.

>Thinking the yen is weak
it's denominated in cents, rather than dollars.

www . gusto . com . cn
duh

>copy-pasting western designs is their car culture.
But that's frugal.

>they're more worried about rear passengers
>inb4 mad chinese modders end up with big sedans with backseats replaced with luxury couches that massage you, optimal soundproofing, TV and stereo, bring back cabbie glasses, stuff like that because their "tuning" is passenger based
that would honestly be interesting

>They knew the only quality check Sony would do is to weigh the end-product to make sure they included all the screws... they literally used half the screws, left the rest in a baggie, and taped it to the interior panel of the unit.

So they not only scammed Sony, they scammed the consumer.

The chinese do game the system if they can find out what you check for. Many years ago when portable transistor AM/FM radios were evaluated by consumers on how many transistors were inside, the chinese made ones would proudly proclaim on the outside of the unit it was 9 transistors. But only 3 transistors were used since the other 5 were bad tranistors soldered onto the circuit board to make it look like they were used. But they were unused and were probably bad or reject parts too that the ingenious scamming chinese made use.

How to use bad parts? Ask the chinese.

No, that would imply Chinese have any culture of their own