Tfw bought at $96

>tfw bought at $96

>falling for NVDA meme

that's what happens when you are a NoVideo NVidiot... Radeon Masterrace

Ok youre down like 7%. Exit and move on and stop falling for investment memes

But then it'll be a loss if I sell

I have no idea how stock market works. I've been buying nvidia gpus for 9 years. Now in 2016 the stock price has gone from from 20 to 80. What the fuck changed?

Yes, that can happen. If you are not comfortable with the fact your investment might drop in value there are other investments that return less but have a much lower chance of losing value.

VR..
I need to short that bitch

self-driving cars

>What the fuck changed?
10 series GPUs sold like hotcakes, best fucking series i have seen obvious, even the normies bought. also, DX12 shit with machine learning computer, plus self driving cars. they are literally shaping the future of computer hardware at the moment

Jefferies just set a price target at $110. Stand strong OP and collect the dividend.

They're evolving as a company, providing hardware/software/services related to big name/big growth things like self-driving cars and VR, along with growing their core business.

Its a good company with a promising future that won't go bankrupt while they get there, hence the price goes up.

science has been the biggest growth for nvidia

they are actually losing pc market share due to how competitive AMDs new product line is

Even Nvidia admits that most of their revenue increase is not because they sell more GPUs, but because they hiked up the prices.
New AMD chips are going to put a serious dent in Nvidia's revenue.

Nowhere did they "admit" that you retard. The bus riders on this board are fucking ridiculous.

If your rationale for investing hasn't changed, hold on until the market realises you were right all along.

ahaha AMD sucks, cheap ass hardware, i glad i got my gtx1070 founders edition

>Wish I got AMD at $2.

I have 10 grand, I could have done so much D:

Tesla and Google are making self driving cars, but they aren't producing and selling them, so there's no income and thus no reason to buy.

AMD is showing as an acceptable price/performance vs nVidias GTX lines at standard consumer pricing since most consumers are 1080p LOL/GO/WOW/Whatever gamers and the 480 does that very well at low cost. Bottom line, they are competing.

DX12 results for performance on GTX vs Radeon favor Radeon in most scenarios.

They're not shaping the future of anything, especially from the perspective of the average consumer.

If anyone is shaping the future of computer hardware it's ARM.

took a break from the stock market for awhile and then come back to all these 1000% gains in 1-2 years. :/ This market has to be all fake.

Inflation through money printing is a great thing. Only not. Money is worthless, bonds are worthless, nobody has any gold and the government is creeping out and taking more away from the people while people then say corporations are evil and underhanded and sneaky because they are trying to flourish but government keeps taking and regulating so businesses are stuck sending jobs overseas.

Everyone blames business for their problems and demands the government force equity, which then causes the government to fuck business and make more problems.

Riding on self-driving AR and GPU computing memes. Bought below 50ish last year.

The notion that employees and companies have a social contract with each other that goes beyond a paycheck has largely vanished in United States business.

That's because business is considered the leech destroying society and community while government is the great equalizer, the champion of "we the people".

Ignoring the fact that business makes jobs which gives people money to eat, house and heat themselves and their families, even to excess!
Government takes out of the peoples pockets, tells them what they are and are not allowed to do, takes their employers money and tells them what they can and can not do, and if you don't give them what they demand then they take away your freedom "with impunity" because "we the people" think it's justified.

Backwards world we live in.

>but they aren't producing and selling them, so there's no income and thus no reason to buy.
lol r u retarded? u can't see 10yrs in the future? well if you bet on no self driving cars, then good luck i guess lol

Normies and based populace rank self driving cars on a scale from "Terrible failure of an idea" to "Psh maybe in like 50 years guys am I right?"

In the end I think that it'll be a question of infrastructure more than anything else.

The whole premise of self-driving cars is safety but the real flipside is the usual trend of control, monitoring, tracking to enhance prediction and profiling to some extent, then generate datasets from crowdsourcing and extract, expand the meta networks of interdependence.

Others need you to make a profit.
Thats how you contribute, you can feel good about that

Yea but everyone already carries a cellphone these days. The tracking is already done.

As someone who has lost a friend due to a stupid niggers driving, and as someone who would rather sleep, read, or jerk off than drive it can't come soon enough.

Self-driving cars are just computers. The reason why the industry is so hot right now is because any kind of sponsorship in the development chips in a slice of that golden EULA:

That all of the data generated by the cars are owned by the company sponsoring the self-drive

Then everything in the public space gets integrated in realtime, think of it as an interactive stream of StreetViewLiveCam on steroids.

Everyday cars drive and all of them are interconnected and communicative probably with the devices you speak so case scenario:

>Your favourite restaurant with a hand-written menu on a chalk board is captured.
>"Hey user, they got your favourite dish and we also spotted 3 of your friends in the area, come over and here's a coupon."
>Get picked up and driven there instantaneously, ETA 10 minutes.

Not even a tinfoil hat post, just facts and it's just data under many forms, take it as you will.

Did you say 96?

>sold yesterday
>it jumps 5% today

>AMD announces Tesla P100 beating GPU and deep learning stuff
>NVDA jumps 5%
makes 0 sense. All the NVDA hype is built on them having the deep learning market to themselves.

I told you to hold, retard. I swear one day I will buy Veeky Forums just to shut it down. Ya'll are to retarded to be on the internet.

And doing a good job of it

They'll break 100 tomorrow, watch and learn cuck

P100

>not realizing they came out with p400 and p40

I bought some amd too, they're doing good finally actually breaking into the deep learning space. But Nvidia is fucking light years ahead seriously. They have a long ways to go before there's any resistance

P4 and P40 oops

Seriously tho

45x faster than P100 the madmen do it again. Nvidia isn't going anywhere until *maybe* 2020

45x faster than a CPU.
4x faster than M40, which is the old Maxwell based chip
in both cases using very specific tasks to get those big numbers.

Never believe any of Nvidia's marketing without reading the fine print.

Nigga I am in the fucking academic space, I'm following this shit very closely. They have about 10x speedup in practice, and a fucking massively increased capability simply by having more VRAM. Yea don't believe Nvidia marketing, they under-promise, probably stabilizes sales or something.

Thats my autism about the card itself. Point is, the company is doing fucking great, and I just wish I had more money to buy more nvda stock so I could get even more gainz