/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Swamps Edition

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/sigerous-sgm/downloads/sgm-22-english-all-in-one
mediafire.com/file/d7z58ihokm0ed9o/CoC-1_4-mags.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtu.be/hXAssopznWE
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul-for-call-of-misery-english
ap-pro.ru/forum/119-89102-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

1st for bloodsucker pussy isn't cold

Second for Mercenaries

3rd for misery is a tedious MMORPG grind fest

Misery not fun?

If you play the entire game in less than 2 years then you are missing so much. Did you realize in Misery that each level changes after you open up a new areas? The Dogs at the sawmill are replaced by Pseudodogs. The Bandits to the east of them are replaced by Bandits. Before Jupiter you have Modders in the ranger station near skadovsk. After that they are replaced by a Bear cave nearby. Just because you open an area and see what's there does not mean that it remains that way through out the whole game. Additionally you are most likely not staying around to activate millions of stashes with the same unique items.

Game time compared to neet time

01 minute = 06 seconds, 10 minutes = 60 seconds, 60 minutes ( 1 hour ) = 06 minutes

05 hours = 30 minutes, 10 hours = 1 hour, 12 hours = 1 hour 12 minutes, 24 ( 1 Sun and Moon cycle ) = 2 hours 24 minutes.

48 hours ( 2 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 4 hours 48 minutes, 72 hours ( 3 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 7 hours 12 minutes, 240 hours ( 10 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 24 hours, 720 hours ( 30 Sun and Moon cycles ) = 72 hours,

I usually spend 8640 hours ( 10 years ) in Zaton before leaving it for the first time to go to Jupiter in Misery. A longer Game is where the A-Life truly becomes alive, everything is open ended. I haven't gone to Pripyat yet.

Been trying out SGM 2.2.

I could put up with the broken missions early on o.k. And im used to it being buggy as fuck (which mod isnt).

But after completing cordon & the marshes, the game crashes every time I try leave the marshes for Zaton. Anyone else had this problem? Think i might just write off this mod & start a more stable one.

Which is the best mod with extra maps/guns now? its been a while since ive checked up on stalker.

I love stalker as much as anyone but jesus christ user, you are the king of autism.

post a log. i havent experienced this in SGM 2.2 Lost Soul

which are you playing?

Impressive, but have you studied the pseudogiant migration patterns?

standard SGM 2.2, not lost souls.

last few lines of the log file:

compiling shader model_env_lq_1
compiling shader shadow_direct_model_aref_1
compiling shader deffer_model_bump_d-hq_2
! Unknown command: dump_infos

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 502
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'af_kashtan'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

0023:69737365 atiumdva.dll

>Arguments : Can't open section 'af_kashtan'

interesting. that is actually an artefact.

where did you download it from?
this ?
moddb.com/mods/sigerous-sgm/downloads/sgm-22-english-all-in-one

yeah. Thats the one i downloaded.

ok, i'll take a look i already have that downloaded i think.

what was your install order just Cop, then that on top?

>what was your install order just Cop, then that on top?

yes. exactly that.

i know af_kashtan was part of the artefacts addon for sgm

but yeah i do have that archive on my backup drive, i'll take a look and see what i can find out.

muh (diet)sausage

After you cross Limansk you cant go back right?

>them eyes
>that hair

Jesus /sg/ I don't need a new fetish

In what game/version/mod?

Clear Sky vanilla

Probably, I haven't played Clear Sky, but Limansk in CoC has end-game enemies, so I would save before you go further just to be sure.

I just crossed it, I think I am at Chernobyl or some tunnels, the PDA doesnt show me

ok so i looked at all 5.xx GB with agent ransack
and only see 3 references to af_kashtan in
gamedata\configs\misc\trade\
trade_generic.ltx
trade_jup_b202_stalker_barmen.ltx
trade_zat_b30_stalker_trader.ltx

but that shouldnt cause a ctd
so for shits and giggles i installed it and used the zaton start

got to zaton, left to cordon and back again through the level changer to talk to owl/banker at skaovsk. loaded a dozen or so quicksaves.
no crashing.

so you can try removing those entries from the trader files, but like i said that shouldnt be causing the CTD.

i'd just delete gamedata and try a re-install. then delete those entries in the trader files just in case.

Your most likely in dead hospital, to the north east of Limansk

Limansk is the start of the end-game phase and there's no going back.
Hope you went in prepared.

No, expected some last CS base before the last battle
>mfw
Yeah, you need to fight some heli, how do you defeat it?

It's been ages since I've played stalker and finding out about COC has got me all excited but I no longer have the disk. Can someone walk me through installing it using the reg file kindly provided? And can someone suggest the best addons to get the true hardcore guns galore feel?

I deleted gamedata & re extracted sgm 2.2 then deleted the entries from the trader files.
Seems to work transitioning from marshes to zaton. Definitely one of the stranger crashes ive had, least its working o.k now, thanks user.

(You)

>download reg file
>double click reg file
>restart pc
>play

and if that don't work, you can always add -skip_reg to the launcher for coc

Just shoot at it till it dies.

I would barrow any guns with decent damage dropped by dead enemies. That way you don't have to waste all your main ammo and weapon condition on killing the helicopter. The fight shouldn't be too difficult as long as you're not surrounded.

COC is standalone. no need for a disk.

yeah, it was a really odd one. i even searched the all.spawn as well.

well, glad it's working now. good hunting m8.

Anybody got some good wallpapers? I want something aesthic to replace my /mbg/ wallpaper.

Did anybody ever port that handloading magazines mechanic over to CoC?

nuor had one
mediafire.com/file/d7z58ihokm0ed9o/CoC-1_4-mags.7z

could never get it to work though. think he was using older versions of scripts

Ok im playing COM and I hate how often my character has to eat, and how carrying less than the max carry weight still causes me to lose stamina even when just walking.

Does anyone know how to edit the files to reduce the need to eat and the carry weight issue?

sure just go into your system.ltx and *PANT PANT PANT PANT* ctrl+f weight *PANT PANT PANT* and change whatever you want *PANT PANT PANT*

has anoyne tried warfare with coc current build?

While we're at it anyway to delete the "pant" effect?

i don't know desu, i uninstalled CoM already

Also maybe I'm asking the wrong question, I don't mind the carry weight, Its like 55kg+ with decent gear on. But stamina seems to drain very quickly even when under max carry weight.

Like why the fuck does walking when you're at 28/55kg cause your stamina to decrease. Do you know how to fix this?

well fuck me in the ass and call me strelok. how the fuck do i install AMK 1.4.1 mod? i follow the steps in the installer, i install it on my Stalker folder and when i open the game it crashes. the installer creates a folder in my stalker directory called gamedata but it doesn't actually replace my game files or something. do i need some kind of software? thanks

You might wanna fiddle around in the actor.ltx file. I think satiety is what controls your energy? I'm not 100% sure so might want to save a backup of it before messing with anything.

you need to edit both actor.ltx and system.ltx or that will happen
walk_weight or watever it is

So I'm in actor.Itx and I see

walk_power = 0.00001 ;Reduction of force for a second during walking without taking into account weight of a burden

walk_weight_power =0.0044 ;Reduction of force for a second during walking in view of weight of a burden, for the maximal allowable weight

So by the sounds of it "force" is stamina and walk_power is the drain on stamina when carrying 0kg.

And walk_weight_power means the rate at which my stamina decreases if I'm at max weight.

So how do I change it so that being at say 1/2 carry weight doesn't reduce my stamina? Would my stamina reduction be 1/2 of walk_weight_power at 1/2 carry cap?

Also how do I see the rate at which my stamina replenishes? Is it satiety_v = 0.0000195?

actor .ltx change
max_walk_weight

system.ltx change
max_weight
>Also how do I see the rate at which my stamina replenishes? Is it satiety_v = 0.0000195?

no, satiety is hunger

max_power_restore_speed in actor.ltx i think is the stamina replenishment speed

to whoever ported a guitar cover of It's all in your head" song over to CoC:

bravo.

the song: youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Not trying to be difficult here but doesn't max_walk_weight = 150, simply mean that you cannot move when carrying over 150 kg?

And wouldn't changing max_walk_weight basically be breaking the game by allowing you to carry really high kg? Is there not a subtler way to do this? Or is memery just too memey?

I have another question for you or anyone else. Which "satiety_x" is the one which determines the rate at which you get hungry and does satiety_critical determine when you get the red "hungry symbol"?

yeah as far as i know that's what it means. at +150 kg you will not be able to move.

>And wouldn't changing max_walk_weight basically be breaking the game by allowing you to carry really high kg?

i don't think so because you can only caryy 60kg max. dunno how its handled nor have i tried it. give it a try, see what happens.

Alright I'll fuck around with the files and see what happens thanks.

youtu.be/hXAssopznWE

Is there a lost of mods that work with CoM? The mega repo is slow as shit. I remember STCoP being one but I can't find it.

One is how much you can carry before being burdened (can't run) and one is how.mich you can carry total. I found two Goldfish, which could bring my max carry to 140. I'd have to change the one that is the cut off point for burden to 140, then add 20 to the limit to cut off walking altogether.

stcop and ao should be in the repo. they could be outdated, so download from the original source instead
An English AO version was just uploaded to moddb: moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul-for-call-of-misery-english
for a bunch of other addons, grab your google translate and check this: ap-pro.ru/forum/119-89102-1

Thanks

Though I'm eh on arsenal. I'll probably just find and translate stcop. If I do how do I make it available to everyone?

st_items_weapons

yeah, i know that.

but he was asking if you changed max_walk_weigh woudl you be able to carry a high amount of weight.

and i said i dont think so becuase you are still limited to 60kg or whatever he changed max_weight to.

>Like why the fuck does walking when you're at 28/55kg
whoa? what suit you have and how saturated you're?
upload it to moddb/in the repo; though I'd rather see v1ld translation containing both stcop/ao optional files, rather than creating a new section in addons for it
be ware - this stcop port for CoM uses stcop port for Misery. translation won't be as easy as the AO one

after multiple runs through SGM 2.1 & 2.2, i finally got around to trying out Call of Chernobyl.

Holy shit it runs well compared to SGM, on my shitty rig i'm almost getting double the framerate of SGM at the same res/settings. It makes me wonder why though, is CoC running on an older XRay engine or something? or is it just god tier optimization on this mod?

Any alternatives to outfit addon for CoM? I just want something that makes Loners on par with the other factions. Loners have no viable suits between the Sunrise and Exo, unlike the other factions, thanks to the nerfs CS and CoP did to the SEVA suit. Outfit addon fixes this issue, but it doesn't work with CoM.

Why the hell coc would use an older x-ray?

Why don't you just port it to memery?

I cant see any reason it would but the performance difference between CoC and SGM on my system is ridiculous.

>insanely bloated slav mod runs worse than stripped down, relatively optimized mod

really fires my neurons

>insanely bloated
>not jp2

Well, it IS a slavmod.

>>insanely bloated slav mod runs worse than stripped down, relatively optimized mod

well yeah, this is obviously it, but it also runs a shitload better than vanilla SoC or CoP (latest patches) too.

Now that CoC is running, is there any mods or patches worth putting in to improve it on first playthrough or should i just do the first run as is?

all ive done is patched it to 1.4.22

xMod has it, but alas no translation.
You could probably cut it out from it, if you know a bit about modding.
Also, doesn't CoM add something like Heavy Coat? It was here back in Misery.

>coc
>first playthrough
>first run
I don't know what kind of experience you're expecting, but you're not really going to get much out of "vanilla" coc.

nah, it's fine without any addons
do first 4,5 playthroughs without them and then start adding some small addons (like Arabic Monlith) to enhance your experience

Just wiped out military post near cordon
And instantly thought came to mind as adrenaline released
>What have I done, they were just some conscripts :/
This game is so damn immersive, only game which makes me fear on every corner and feel in zone
Kinda reminds me of home, as I lived in post-soviet country all life and moved out 5 months ago
This game makes me think a lot

>Saw blue loot box
>Get knife while running to it
>smack knife
>White text appears
>"Fuel can"
>Oh shit
>Didn't even have time to react
>Explosion
great chuckle

coc is a forked version of open x-ray, doesnt have 100 extra anomalies per map (really this chews up fps a lot in sgm), doesnt have AN by default like sgm

or at least not high res AN textures

I made it from the bus station by the car park to Sid with a half a pip less health than this. It's a story, but I'm sold on Misery now.

But how do I edit my save to add some rubles, because I had to drop all my loot on the walk here and don't want to wait it out.

Enable debug by adding -dbg into CoC's shortcut.
Press S while in the game menu, type "money amount" into the console.
Also Alun is going to find you and rip your legs off.

Daily reminder that if you removed all of the tedious bullshit from Memery, you're basically just left with Itemsoup+AN (dead preset)+above average armor system.

>Itemsoup+AN (dead preset)+above average armor system.
Holy shit, sounds boring as fuck. No thanks.

It really, really is.

I meant that it sounds infinitely more boring than Memery.
There's just nothing to do with that.

>I don't know what kind of experience you're expecting, but you're not really going to get much out of "vanilla" coc.

i played stalker to death on release, then many, many times with AMK and oblivion lost mods. Kinda got worn out before stalker soup came out. I really wanted to play the unreleased dev maps but at the time SS was a pile of shit. (from what i hear it never got good)

I came back for call of pripyat when the SGM mods were out then did multiple runs of those and misery. Ive grown tired of the main 3 maps in CoP.

right now i'm looking foward to a remixed SoC mod with old & new maps & more guns & mutants, which seems to be what CoC is.

But that's the base gameplay experience of Memery. After that, you've just got a bunch of really poorly thought out, non-gameplay enhancing elements thrown on top to artificially stretch out each phase of progression.

What you're saying is you don't actually like the base experience, you like the elements thrown on top.

>a remixed SoC mod with old & new maps & more guns & mutants
That's not what CoC is at all.

I disagree. Misery is a well-designed, interesting and fun to play mod. It makes the progression longer, more self-sustainable and considerably increases risk-reward actions. You have to gather information before engaging in combat, you have to calculate amount of stuff in your disposition and I didn't find it boring at any point of time during my playthrough.

>That's not what CoC is at all.

so what is it then?

All of what you described is 10000x better if you just played Ironmeme.

I played it and liked it, but on it's own.
Misery adds more complex inventory management, changes mutants and humans in a good way, changes progression and milestones in it and other new content.
Comparing it to ironman is simply highly irrational.

Yeah I'm torn between this and doing that. Also trying out radiophobia.

on its own*

>all of the maps from each game thrown in with a couple extras
>maps populated with questionable spawns
>random missions selected from tiny pool of variables
>(optional) a tiny wisp of the story that is just there to bring you to each location and hit you with a tiny bit of lore

>Misery adds more complex inventory management
Not a positive in the way they do it, but enjoy your knives magically breaking after cutting into a few dogs.
>changes mutants and humans in a good way
I wouldn't say making mutants even more unrealistically spongy since trojanuch is a nogunz MMO obsessed faggot who doesn't understand terminal ballistics is "good" although the armor system for humans is interesting, if nothing else.
>changes progression and milestones in it
I.e. artificially draws out each phase with a crippling economy that doesn't make sense in the context of the game, and only the player is penalized.
>and other new content
Yay, cooking, I guess.
>Comparing it to ironman is simply highly irrational
One is 'edge of your seat' intense that requires unparalleled risk/reward management and cunning to succeed in.

The other shares a design philosophy with EVE online.

>knives magically breaking after cutting into a few dogs.
How's that? Knife is a not requirement to cut loot from the dogs.
>wouldn't say making mutants even more unrealistically spongy
Boars are spongy if you hit them in the front and pseudogiants/chimeras are as spongy as they should be to make explosives in higher demand. They have weak points close to their back legs. Reduce the HP of all humans/mutants and the game will be a cakewalk in that aspect.
>that doesn't make sense in the context of the game
What doesn't?
Highly inflated prices? It's a north of the Zone. A few people can get in there. Delivering resources in there is not an easy job by my imagination.
>only the player is penalized.
How would you penalize enemies in Misery in theory and how would you do that on practice with an old X-ray engine?
>One is 'edge of your seat' intense that requires unparalleled risk/reward management and cunning to succeed in.
Because there's an artificial law for player.

>>all of the maps from each game thrown in with a couple extras

that is basically what i wanted.

>>maps populated with questionable spawns

this is every mod since the old days.

>>random missions selected from tiny pool of variables

the same.

>>(optional) a tiny wisp of the story that is just there to bring you to each location and hit you with a tiny bit of lore

That sounds better than SGM where if you didnt join X faction at X time an area is locked off for the whole playthrough.

i'm interested though, what do you consider the best mod?

This is CoM not CoC. Same thing? What about the other games, and is there a lost of commands? Finding answers proves tedious.

-skip_reg

CoM is an addon for CoC and thus the answer is yes, same thing.
Only CoC has thing like this, you can't activate debug mode in other vanilla game in that manner.
There should be a list of commands somewhere. I also know g_god 1, which enables god mode (infinite HP, carry weight, stamina) and g_unlimited_ammo 1. With debug mode activated, you also can teleport to your cam (demo_record 1) by pressing Enter.