First for memevalves.

>doing oil change on DRZ
>had to move ninja 250 around to have some space
>finish up, everything went well
>moving bikes back to normal parking spots
>not used to handling how low the ninja is and drop it on the floor
>leave it there and laugh for a few minutes, just looking at it
>park the bikes and go upstairs

For some reason I'm just so happy, and this made me laugh a ton. Rode that ninja for a little over a year as first bike, never put it down until now, and I wasn't even riding it, or doing work on it, the bloody key wasn't even in the ignition.

The first time I ever drop a bike and it's in my garage simply moving it, for some reason I'm very happy about this.

How's your day going so far friendos?

>cant see for shit because visor keeps fogging
Wax your visor
>cant be seen for shit because not bright yellow
You don't have lights or high-vis stripes? What are you doing on the road any way?
>cant grip for shit because small contact pavement on wet pavement isn't great
You still have most grip.
>get wet
Get better shit
>even if I have fucktons of rain gear to keep me mostly dry while riding
GET BETTER SHIT
> I have to find somewhere to store a bunch of wet gear without it getting stolen while I'm at work/class
At work just at the coat hanger near a heater at your workplace
In class let your jacket hang over your seat, keep the rest on
>It's just not fun or convenient. Why do you insist everyone should like riding in the rain?
It's more convenient than sitting in traffic.

Can't argue with fairweather fairies, friend

m8, the only times i have ever dropped my ninja 250 was while working on it. that center stand is not stable enough imo for any serious work.

centerstands are pointless. remove it, gain cornering clearance, and buy cheap fork/swingarm stands. costs like $50 for a set

>How's your day going so far friendos?

Worked for 12 hours, drove around the country for 6 hours, and did some troubleshooting, but didn't fix anything.
When I got home my girl texted me not to forget about tomorrow.
So could be a lot better.

>centerstands are pointless
If they're done badly maybe.

Center stands make chainlubing the easiest thing in the world. I wish my VFR had one.

I ride in the rain too but...
>In class let your jacket hang over your seat, keep the rest on
Beeing all day with a dripping wet pants on isnt good, and the jacket is going to make a huge puddle on the classroom floor.
Not a good solution.

I wouldn't go that far. It's a fantastic asset. The reason I use it most often for is actually so I can park it completely upright and not have to lean it one way or the other. Saves space.

>Beeing all day with a dripping wet pants on isnt good
Why not? Have done it so many times.

>and the jacket is going to make a huge puddle on the classroom floor.
Not my problem, not only one that was wet.

anyone here tried out a recent Moto Guzzi V7?

wow that's a pretty bike

>doing all that shit
>when I could simply get in my car instead
I guess the value of a motorcycle as a commuter is higher when there's fucktons of traffic and you can filter through it, but neither of those things apply where I live.

I agree. problem is though, none of the big U.S. outlets have really reviewed it, and the European ones that have have come to the conclusion that if you want a bike that feels really old the Guzzi is the one for you. Which makes me worry that it will shit the bed when compared to the Street Twin or other vintage looking bikes

Motorcycles are cheaper to register and insurance is dirt cheap compared to a car.
Also fuel economy is way better.

If you want to keep a car use it to get to work when it rains or you need to bring stuff in the trunk. Then ride the motorcycle when the weather's good.

I went to my local yamaha dealership to get a price quote on my seat fairing because I fell into a pothole and cracked that shit. Was expecting like $400 quote because jap plastic but the dealer knocked it down to $280. Picking that shit up tomorrow

If you want that retro style but a new bike you're better off with Truimph. Those are slow and hot

Harleys are pretty retro

Incredibly slow, like I can't describe how slow, it makes 36 horsepower to the rear wheel stock. Buy an old 850T, it'll be faster, just as reliable, cheaper, and more interesting.

No. I like my car AND my motorcycles. Why does this trigger you so hard?

Yeah but none of them save that new street twin and the dyna will come close to the cornering ability of any guzzi or triumph

>Tried the 2-layer glove trick
>Hands were still numb after an hour of riding
I really need heated gloves don't I

I can get a 79 goldwing 1000cc in great shape off an old dude who is moving and can't take it with him.

I've never ridden before, would this be a good bike to start with? Is it too heavy or big?

Yes. Both of those.

Yes, but if it's really cheap af (should be less than $1000 for this old of a bike) then it won't be too big of a deal when you drop it.

You need to grow a pair

400 bucks. He's put 700+ into it; he's a coworker so I can trust him on that.

I just don't want to end up hating life because I got an unmanageable bike for my first shot at it. I'm about 5'7

How cold?

GUYS GUYS GUYS ITS BEEN LIKE 2 YEARS BUT I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST BIKE

2006 636

Also I just dropped it :^(

ABS would have saved it.

Guys my 2016 R6 veers to the right when I let go of the handle bars. I bought it brand new and it only has 2k miles on it. When I asked about this at the dealer they told me to not let go of the handlebars.

Is this normal? I thought bikes were supposed to go straight when you let go of the bars.

Also, I tried it on perfectly flat roads. In order to go straight I have to shift my body weight to left.

Take it to get the wheels balanced? I've never experienced/seen/heard of that before.

No dyna is going to hang with any Triumph if the rider knows what he's doing.

This is why you don't buy a wheely king used. The head bearings are probably fucked from all the crash landings.

Road camber may be having some effect, but if you are on genuinely flat roads, then no it's not normal.

Bikes are quite strongly self-correcting and should go dead straight without input.

Got cut off at the gas station and dropped my bike and now shifting up is janky, it shifts down fine but shifting up the thing gets stuck or something, I kick it up 3 times to get 1 gear and when it gets stuck in neutral shit was embarassing riding home.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Dude, in my second sentence I write that I bought it brand new. I have never wheelied it or anything to that extent.

I had a trusted mechanic test ride it and while he noticed it veering right as well, he could not say that it was an issue. As in the bike is perfect other than the whole veering thing

Any ideas on what to check?

It bent the shift lever/mechanism. Repair or replace.

Dunno how I missed that, but if it's new then I would still suspect the head bearings aren't set up right.

As an owner of an R6, it's probably the wheel alignment/bearings or head bearings.

It doesn't look bent but it does look a little too close towards the engine, not even going to try messing with it I made an appointment for next week senpai thanks

rear wheel out of alignment? or head bearings would be my very uneducated guesses desu

Go for it. Even when you don't like riding it, you'll make more money selling it (when you cleaned and oiled up everything) or chopping it down and selling the parts.
The greatest problem in your case is not the weight or the engine size, it'll be diagnozing, what is wrong with it, that your coworker sells a 70s icon for 400$. Prepare yourself to spend a few hundred bucks to make it road fit. Don't cheap oit on new tires. Maybe a new chain or break pads or even a breaking disk. Does something leak?
Not the hugeness of the bike (compared to nowadays Goldwing the old one is pretty tiny) will darken your first riding experiences, but maybe the work and money you have to put into your bike.

Head bearings checked and are good to go, still veering

I haven't been in the general in so long... R1 guy is still a thing? Is his back still hecked up?

Record first time riding

Are the bars and clamps actually lined up square to the front wheel? The forks may have twisted in the clamps from a harsh wheelie coming down OR forks may be bent.

Also worth comparing condition of brakes on each side and ensuring the rear wheel is lined up correctly.

Is your front end aligned? As in, does the bike go straight when the bars are straight?

lmao dude ignore what all these other retards said. your bike is completely fine. mine did this too for ages and i could never figure out why. your body positioning is just fucked up and you can't tell because you're involuntarily shifting your weight to maintain balance. it's hard to explain

woo

Unless he's some cubist freak then his body positioning is uninfluential.

Nikes naturally slalom on the road, sounds like your bike is set up in a way that is making it slalom more than it should, the forks are either too high or too low in the triple clamps.

Slow thread is slow, and I'm here just trying to break in my new gloves

Is that a FAMAS?

but actually is that a cz? looks nice

Cz? Nice

Nice butt plug

Oh shit same idea senpai

You know it boo :*
It's my second favorite pistol.
That's what I was thinking after I posted it actually.
It's scratch n sniff

I don't think they thought that through very well, a scratch and sniff butt plug just seems like a bad idea in my opinion.

You ain't living life of you ain't sniffed a few random buttplugs

post bike pics or something, ill join in if you do, ive still got hundreds of OC pics dbt has never seen.

I'm up to date on posting all my newest pics from recent rides though.

Feel free to post away though

it's no fun when im the only one posting though

Just wanted you guys to know that you may be without kit kat for a few hours. Enjoy it while it lasts

t. /Ccg/

I'll post a few. Cuz I care

Based ccg
We appreciate your work

good man

someone post that one pic of r1guy

fagget

Dem dubs tho

When you gonna ride up to the VA beach area

Not sure, if you're down at OBX I'll see you then. I have no real reason to go up to VA except to meet people.

Nice tendies

Are those rode mostly by fat black guys over that way as well?

I can't fucking believe it's going to rain starting on Thursday and not stop until at least next Wednesday. Every fucking weekend it's rained in California. I was lucky enough to get out of work early yesterday and hit the canyons but goddamn, I've missed prime riding days because of this rain.

Before you 6-months-of-the-year-nobike queers chime in and say how spoiled I am that I get to ride all year, get fucked. It's harder to think you have it and get it taken away than just knowing you could never have it in the first place.

It gets pretty busy in the summer. Lots of people come here for some reason. I'll be heading back to work tomorrow so might be a few weeks before I'm out riding again.
But I'm sure I'll be in the obx area next time I'm off

Nope, old white guys.
we don't really have black people where i live, 99% of people who live in the country are white.
never even seen a stretched busa.

>Tfw no busa
I don't know why I like them so much

Looks like I need to move

I meant for the bike week, if you're going I'll be there at some point.

Dammit we heard you were gone

You heard wrong, bustah

I have made a grave mistake. Even though they were a great deal, I should have gotten a set of T30 Evos or Z8 RRs rather than the set of S21s I bought.

The roads near me just don't really need a hypersport tire and the nearest track to me is a 300km ride.

SOMEONE POST THAT PIC OF R1GUY

Word.
Have you rode the devils whip by chance? Been thinking about heading that way this summer

daily reminder supermoto a best

busas are all ridden by old guys who know they can't really deal with 1000s or 600s comfort wise over here.

With that being said we don't want you in australia so you can stay there thanks.

yeah bike culture down here is pretty awesome.
is pretty much "oh you ride bikes? me too, maybe we can ride together one day"

i hear most other places segregate into separate communities, sport bikes ride with sport bikes, cruisers with cruisers, harleys with harleys, no mis matching.

Did Kawasaki come out with a stock 'cafe racer' to compete with the CB1100/1300? Because I'm like 80% certain that's what I saw just now on my way home from work.

It looked very likely stock, almost like a W800 but with a huge tank and four cylinders. If it was custom it must have been a seriously worked over Z1000 or something like that, but I didn't notice a big frame on the side.

This is fairly correct unless you use Facebook to coordinate, then within the ride it just splinters by rider speed.

surely you don't mean ZRX?