/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread: Long live tulpaman edition.

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/17/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E [Open]
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k [Open]

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk [Open]

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ
se-senpainoticedme.tumblr.com/post/85266060761/heroines-heart-hinanami-doujinshi
kissmanga.com/Manga/Killer-Killer/Ch-011--My-buddy-is-you-?id=344264
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58213270
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He is so fine

First for best ship in the game

Kiibo is for pure!

Seconded

pure bullying!

Best

How did she do it?

I want Shuichi to cure Tulpaman

V4 CAST CONFIRMED

Kiibo is for war!

Who is this artist?

I ship it

Best ship

I just watched a gameplay video where Rantarou appears in a recording before Chapter 4 and says that there is a significance to why the game will end with two survivors.

Is it because they end up as returning cast? Maybe Tsumugi also survived a previous killing game.

Thank based drawfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

Friendly reminder that ride never ends

It's pretty gooood

/drg/ really has some top tier drawfags

My personal baseless theory is that at the end there's probably always 3 people remaining, two of them being mastermind and designated hope. And then during final battle either hope or despair wins with designated extra also surviving considering it's Danganronpa I assume hope always wins, too.

In exchange for that quality image, I will accept that.

>Korekiyo Shinguuji: When I visited they also tied me Up tight and good… Apparently, they were a bit too welcoming and I passed out.
>Shuuichi Saihara (speaking): …That’s a pretty extreme welcome.
>Korekiyo Shinguuji: Kukuku, your recognition is still Naïve. We’re still only getting Started on their welcome.
>They delightfully hit me with a whip, with all the hospitality in their heart.
Why is he so lewd?

This artist made me like Hiroko a bit more.

I'd ship it if only Shuichi would man the fuck up and be the dom Korekiyo desperately needs.

Do Ryouma's FTEs go into the reason he killed mafia members?

So in his game Rantarou teamed up with whoever Hope was at time and the mastermind in that case died when they lost?

V3 was very different. Mastermind was still stopped, but Hope sacrificed itself. Audience probably assumes no one survived, even though 3 non-Team Danganronpa players escaped.

Goodnight anons! Have a great sleep and try to go to bed at a decent hour!

Anyone else feel that Hoshi's character was the most screwed over by the LMAO REALITY SHOW FAKE MEMORIES twist?

Basically, besides bringing up some good points in the first trial, he a detached entity from the class due to his memories of being a criminal on death row causing him to purposefully remove himself from them. He then literally lays down to die because he thinks he has nothing to live for as the second victim, with literally no exploration of his past or it actively affecting the rest of the cast at all (besides Kirumi, sort of).

This would feel less annoying if he was a real criminal- he'd subvert expectations for his character and die nobly to partially atone for what he did. But this stupid twist makes it so that his entire character's point was to be sad and removed from the cast because of fake memories and die without doing anything particularly impactful.

At least with the other two characters with criminal identities/memories implanted in them (Ouma and Korekiyo) had large effects on the rest of the cast and story overall. In negative ways, sure, but at least their implanted memories informed their actions and caused them to impact everyone else. This twist basically turned Hoshi into nothing but a forgettable plot device.

He really makes me wish the prison theme was more prominent and actually tied into the story.

I seem to be lacking thicc material

That's actually the whole formula for each season. They're always intended to come down to a showdown between SHSL Hope and SHSL Despair. Kiibo was the designated protag, hence the massive ahoge, being the audience surrogate, and going full Naegi in the last trial. The audience tries to take control of him because Saihara rejecting both Hope and Despair destroys the whole point of Danganronpa.

Source immediately.

Yeah, very good artist.

Good stuff regardless.

Evening /drg/!
I have a bit of a fixation

Hoshis my third best boy, I'm so salty over this :(

Sleep tight, user!

I wonder if DR54 will be nothing more than senseless deathmatch since there is no hope or despair, just violence.

Trying to take the place of Kaede user I see

I'm tired and don't have anything poignant to add, but I definitely agree with you on this.

>Kiibo was the designated protag
If so, then putting other people with ahoges in the killing game was a mistake. And Kiibo was treated terribly by almost everyone.

That's the good shit, my man. Keep up the good work!

So what happens if they catch the Mastermind in chapter 1? That actually had a real chance of happening if just a couple of things went differently.

They erase everyone's memories and start all over again?

It's from the translation here se-senpainoticedme.tumblr.com/post/85266060761/heroines-heart-hinanami-doujinshi

It's missing a page and the person translated it for ants. You can probably find the fullsize version anywhere else easily

>Those legs

I have extremely confusing and mixed feelings about this.

He was no more screwed over than Kaito, who had a disease that would have killed him anyways.

I do agree that he has probably the most brutal way of going yet despite not being executed. Knowing that people dislike you because you're a criminal, but on top of that not having anyone in the world that cares for you is heartbreaking. He already wanted to commit suicide at the beginning, but the motives from the second trail really did him in, I feel like anybody in the position would have done the same thing tb.h. He must have requested hard mode or something, or they possibly thought he would've been a big threat seeing as how he looks like the only one that wasn't visibly shaken/sweating during the scene where they're all kidnapped.

Haha, when I was drawing I kept referencing that piece over and over again, because even though it was so half-assed, there was something I really liked about how I drew it. Glad people liked it.

Thanks fellers, it means a lot!

>This would feel less annoying if he was a real criminal
This should've been the case for everyone. The prison theme was a potentially great idea, but completely wasted on this game.

y-you're too good to us, drawfriend....

kissmanga.com/Manga/Killer-Killer/Ch-011--My-buddy-is-you-?id=344264

Either introduce a new hidden player or make an existing player the new mastermind.

Saihara not treating him terribly actually made it so the outcome of the game was different, though.

Nah, I believe we can co-exist peacefully!

There is the chance that his talent and his background are kind of real.

But if they aren't. I guess it goes to show how fucked up team DR can be.

Yes, but Kiibo didn't feel like the MC hope character until toward the end. He was the comic relief joke character before that.

Kaede user here. I agree!

How does he make dumb striped underwear look good?

Donut girl is cute

Hoshi's actually the one flaw in the "their talents were real but they went into hiding and the brainwashing was to bring them out/expose them publicly" theory.

If he really was a criminal on death row, how did he get out to go into hiding as a regular high school student? Was it that if he gave up his talent, he was allowed to go free? Did he escape somehow and erase his identity by hiding his talent? Why wasn't he hunted down in prison by those doing the SHSL hunt when it'd be incredibly easy to do so?

They probably only wanted him to go full hope protag at the end.

Very cute. Would grope to see her cute reactions.

So I just finished the first two games. Are there any other murder mystery games or is it just wait for V3? I think Despair Girls is a FPS or something.

Translation please!

Watch DR3

>I think Despair Girls is a FPS or something.

Why would sealing their talents protect them anyways? They could just not use them.

I think by "sealing" it really meant "totally discarding their identities, including their talents".

Think witness protection. Even if you stopped using your talent you'd still be known as someone who had it in the first place. You'd need to abandon that identity entirely to stay safe.

Were they given plastic surgery too? Wouldn't they notice they don't look the same when they got their memories back?

They miscalculated Shuichi's character because he told Kibo to shut up about his fake hope. If Junko or someone like her is behind Team Danganronpa then they might want to confront Shuichi again due to how unpredictable he was. That is if the world doesn't think V3 had no survivors.

Groping Asahina!

Doubtful, they probably just moved to different areas and kept a very low profile.

Don't think It is. It can be explained on several ways actually, one of them being that Hoshi was actually never caught in his life

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58213270

Fuck now i'm in the mood to fap to Asahina

If Kiibo was killed in the NWP, would he actually die since the program seems to affect brain activity if you die in it and kills you that way in the real world (shuts off your brain and kills you by lack of oxygen/blood flow/etc)?

Enjoy!

Thanks user

NOTHING PERSONELL....... KID......

Fry out his system maybe?

Although him having a fool-proof way of living in this case wouldn't be surprising either

Fair enough; they did all get caught eventually. It'd be stupid if the people conducting the SHSL Hunt didn't think to look into every high school student in the country. There would still be some things they can't change about their identity.

I want to feed him cakes to cheer him up

To be fair, some of the students have talents that relate to specifically disguising themselves or faking their identity. Tsumugi's a cosplayer, Korekiyo covers most of his body, Ouma's a thief/criminal who already was used to evading capture, Kaito could forge papers well enough to fool astronauts, Saihara could easily make himself disappear using forged evidence/papers, Kirumi's basically already living a double life, Gonta lived in the woods and is probably not all that well known anyway, Maki is an assassin and also used to hiding herself/identity, etc etc

Some are harder to hide (Kaede, Angie, Rantarou, Himiko) but most could employ the intelligence/aspects behind their talent to hide themselves.

> we will never see Cutie known as Sleeping Mekuru animated

Why live

Juzoposting, huh?
This is all I'm going to post. This is old, but... he still gets so much fanart.

What the hell was Ouma's TDR-implanted personality/talent supposed to be if everything really was faked?

Was he supposed to be a simple chuuni troll that dies chapter 1 after annoying someone who somehow went rouge and seemingly psycho? Was he supposed to be a straight up psychopath/despair that somehow broke some of his brainwashing to want to target the mastermind in the end instead of everyone else? Did they actually program him to be working this half double agent half actual agent thing?

Did something go wrong with his brainwashing? If they wanted him to be purely evil, then why program him with an aversion to killing? If he was supposed to just be a mean spirited troll without much else to him, why'd he go so batshit and start pulling ruses?

>sketching creepy eyes kaede before going the bed
This shit will give me nightmares.

>tfw no actual prison with actual criminals who are not brainwashed and remember their sins and super duper crimes
>tfw no mad trials when everyone is a suspect because everyone has a second "face", and you can't say when the piece of shit in front of you is lying or not
>almost everyone is giving fake statements on trials for lulz, investigation is either nearly impossible or very effective because the other criminals are cooperating
Fuck you Kodaka. DRv3 could've been great without your stupid FICTION.

Some people have said he seems to remember things from pre brainwashing. We'll have to wait for full translations to confirm.