Please Explain

What Veeky Forums's fascination is with the twingo (hon hon, merci twingo, twingo a cute! twingo plushie, etc.)

And yes I've been lurking and posting here for a bit, so I'm not a newfag.

I genuinely don't get why you guys love this car so much. Do you really? Or is it just a meme?

And yes I did watch this video and while I get the utilitarian aspect of the car, I can't imagine it would get so much discussion on a car forum

youtube.com/watch?v=EnlQNwpofMo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIAG-95deQA
youtube.com/watch?v=rQyEoN-bFFY
youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz88TYuBn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Veeky Forums just likes anything that's a cute and affordable.

this may be a dumb question, but what about the car makes it cute?

BLUF yes, it is a meme.

It's not something that enjoys mainstream love, but we feel that as auto enthusiasts we see something in it that normies don't.
The normie judgment of the (old) Twingo is that it's a goofy car with a goofy name and you might drive it if it were the only thing cheap enough. They don't appreciate things like light weight and repairability.

headlights? idk

Dat face
Dat ass

thank you user for the explanation

h'okay

It's so tiny and curvy. All the edges are soft, and the headlights are a nice round shape. The engine compartment barely extends forward from the front at all. It's so different from the usual aggressive, angry style of most cars.

Most cars are angry if you look at the face they make with the grill and the headlights, twingos are a smiley face.

Also a newfag.

What's "hon hon"? Where did that come from? I understand what honning is.. but is "hon hon" like how it talks or what?

merci twingo started why? because it's french?

normbie book version

>It's so tiny and curvy
Like a woman?

>All the edges are soft
Like a woman?

>the headlights are a nice round shape
Like a woman's boobs?

>The engine compartment barely extends forward from the front at all
Like a woman's belly?

>It's so different from the usual aggressive, angry style of most cars
So it's not like butch women?

I had to look again at the face and I now see it! Thanks user, it is pretty cute and happy looking

It's honest about what it is, and manages to be happy and enjoyable about it.

Not too sure what the "hon hon" is either, and I don't know what honning is (is that the sound a French guy makes?)

As for the hon hon I found this YT video youtube.com/watch?v=wIAG-95deQA
I think it's the horn?

Not sure about merci twingo

lol

yeah, so it must be the horn sound and I guess merci twingo is basically more of the same. clever. I'm a board tourist so always fun to hear other boards memes.

Yeah sure

Not like that but many engineers took inspiration from women's curves. Look at a GT40 and tell the engie wasn't thinking about a nice ass when molding those curves.

ayyyylmao

They also did that for the FR-S. The torque curve falls flat just like lolis.

Most of Veeky Forums are euros I think (judging from when the posts die), and Eu has plenty of Twingos, I can go outside and see more than 3 in my street alone.

For me personally it was non existent until I came here.

But looking at it now its cool, I feel the car has a aliveness and happiness to it.

ALmost want to buy one, still might who knows.

>Most of Veeky Forums are euros
That's wrong. I sent more than half of the plushies to the states or Canada.

Hey! You're the Twingo Plushie Guy! I'd like a Twingo please (not joking, do want one).

www.autoplush.com for cuddly plushies. Blue isn't back yet, but I'm working on the Miata now.

it's a meme, that's the entire point, nobody knows why they repeat it, they just do.

99% of usa has never seen one outside of pictures

Because he scores goals

Merci Twingo!

Thanks! I'll check it out

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

those tiny wheels kinda make me want to go hoon in one of them.

probably reminding me of go carts

I also like how we already have a couple real Twingo owners in our thready now.
Always comfy to hear their stories and see new content.

I'm still not sure if this was meant as cosplay or if that dude is seriously the reborn supreme gentleman in a Twingo

>Do you really? Or is it just a meme?
what do you think

F

speak for yourself, I genuinely love the car for radiating so much happiness and don't care about meme status

Veeky Forumsverwatch team when?

>tfw you use the liquify tool of PS on a Alfa Romeo to turn it into a Twingo and the result looks like a Mitsubishi Colt

See this.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQyEoN-bFFY

>80's Recaros in a Twingo

the car is cool but the guy inside is too fat to shift correctly

yes hahahaha

How expensive would it be to import a Twingo? They're eligible now, right?

2018 to get one of the first 1993 ones but probably not a bad idea to already plan thing.
There was a user who plans to import a couple but not sure if he's often in these threads and I don't know anything about costs

If you can find a '92, I guess. But they started to ramp up production closer to end of '92, so I guess you'll have to wait another year to get some early '93.

I've never ever seen a 1992 Twingo.

My math was off by 1, sorry. I'm just hoping they're not going for a gorillion dollars over in the EU. Import costs aside, I'd pay 3k for a really nice one.

3k should get you a really mint one but from the 2000 era.

spending 3k on a 1993 is almost impossible.
the 1993 ones I saw with sub 60k km usually went for under €1000 but this might change quickly when the classic car madness kicks in.

also, it's hard to find 1993 Twingos that aren't beaten to pulp since they're picture book examples of one-way cars. people really just buy them to use them up and not maintain them.

your only hope are grandma driven cars that stayed in the garage for most of those years.

Well I guess Euros dont want to pay the shipment.

Kirby looks Pissed

I took a look at mobile.de and there are currently only 7 1993 Twingos available in whole Germany.

1993 ones are really rare already. Pic highly related.

BIG

Shit those are cool as fuck, I want them for both my twingo and my camaro

honhonhon
isa stereotype of how french people laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz88TYuBn4

twingo A-Team!

POST MOAR CUTE TWINGOS

>What Veeky Forums's fascination is with the twingo

Cheap car, low maintenance costs, doesn't need much fuel and is really comfy.

I got one last year and when this one should die, I'll get another one.

lol, lowered twingos look so belligerent

As a previous owner of one of these miserable shitboxes, I do not see the appeal at all.
Sure you could've considered it reliable in the sense that the fucker just kept running, but it sure was not making any miracles for passing yearly inspections.
Pretty much everything that was able to break was either broken or in the process of.

Only good things going on for it was the abundance of parts due to the amount of crushed and junked twingos in Europe.
It was a shitbox that got you from A to B, maybe even back home but that's it and only as a stopgap solution till you could afford something better or couldn't afford even the twingo.

They were quite plenty in the early 00's, but then they suddenly phased out of existence, probably due to the cash 4 clunkers shit and because owners moved on to a better car.

As a current owner of one of these magnificent shitboxes, I'm entirely glad I bought into this meme.

It's cheap to own, drive and maintain. What monday morning model did you get that everything would break because that's not normal. I'll never sell mine.

A practically brand new one with about 15k km on the clock.
Shit was terrible, especially during winter, the LCD display cracked when the temps went bellow 15 celsius, had no gauges for the winter. Car failed to fire up when it hit -25.
Didn't even bother trying at -32.

> -32°

they had twingos in the siberian market?

dude please tell me the twingo allows you to lay the seats down flat and bang that chick

It does.

fuck now i gotta get a twingo when imports open up

twingo is NOT for degeneracy

user pls, don't be obtuse

kek

twingo is for hug not fug

It's a happy car in an unhappy world.

>please tell me the twingo allows you to lay the seats down flat and bang that chick

It's more or less the whole point of this car

now I want one damn

How short do you have to be to sleep in a twingo?

Are there any other small or small-ish cars where you can fold down all the seats into a bed?

>I'm just hoping they're not going for a gorillion dollars over in the EU.
They're basically the cheapest of the cheap, although as others have posted '93s are getting rare because they're viewed as disposable cars.

You're god damn right it does.

how tall are those sumo fighters?

some user had a graph with the exact interior measurements but sadly I only have this useless one.

I hope someone still has the good one

>tfw I can't even count how many times I've seen people move using their twingos

especially university students do this

GONNA STEP ON THE GAS

>mom?

VERY technical Twungi measuring at incredible persice accuracy

FUKKEN SAVED
thank you, very informative and useful.