Just came back from the Chicago Auto Show

Just came back from the Chicago Auto Show.

Absolutely disgusted with modern cars using laggy, bloated touch screen infotainment systems to perform the most rudimentary tasks. Some cars even have TWO touch screens *cough Acura cough*

Most new cars also feel like shit in general. High beltlines and akward dash ergonomics don't make for intuitive cockpits. Subaru were the only cars you could get in and not feel the need to adjust, just get in and go.

Overall, new cars are cancer. This was not how the future was supposed to be.

Would you rather have all buttons instead? Get with the times, faggot. Touch screens are superior.

this

this

No just have none of this bloated, distracting crap. Just have a small screen that has the option to either run apple carplay or android auto, with the majority of it just being the good old buttons for all the other tasks

>apple carplay
having to plug your phone in every time is annoying

>Chicago Auto Show
What rubbish. Nothing interesting, just a bunch of "special editions" and other driving tablets, as you point out.

>tfw my android phone automatically connects by bluetooth to my chevy

>GM fangirls also use inferior Android phones
No surprises here

No they're not.

Buy a Tesla. They've perfected the touch screen. Plus they're the only manufacturer that updates their software.
LOL, pic related. stay btfo itoddler

Buttons work if you actually put some effort into the design.

He can't even view that webm on his iShit. Apple is truly the worst

I quite like toyotas entune system. From what I've seen it's the quicker out of any of em

That vid is fake. Look at that painfully obvious line between the phones. Enjoy your viruses and bloatware!

Assmad Asspie iShit fangirl detected.

Go prep the bull ahmed, fucking Apple cuck.

post your home screen

Just went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday. Is it just me, or was it kind of terrible? I've been going ever since my dad took me as a little kid, and this year's show was pretty dull. Granted, it's not the worst it's ever been, but man did most of the exhibits seem spartan. The three test courses were neat to watch for a while, Mercedes in particular, but no way in hell am I waiting in line for that shit, and when I saw all those Giulia Quadrifoglios with automatics, I just about wept.

>projecting
About what you'd expect from an Android user

>crippling autism
About what you'd expect from a chink-loving iShit user.

Do you like it? :^)

I waited in line for the Dodge drag strip and we ended up being unlucky riding the Durango instead of the Charger, and the woman watching the lines said we aren't allowed to wait for the charger.

Like why the fuck are they doing speed runs in some faggot SUV nobody cares about

Absolutely bb ;-)

>it's new so it's good even though it's far less reliable and requires greater distraction from the road to use

Yeah, and that's why I don't wait in those lines anymore. Chrysler should have gone balls to the wall and thrown a bunch of Hellcats out there. Then as people are getting out of the cars, their hair standing on end, you hand them a black pamphlet with the word Demon on it in red letters and say "By the way, we're working on something faster"

That's how you do fucking advertising.

I hope this bait. That's the grain on the wood.

>mfw the new Porsche Panamera requires you to use the touch screen to adjust the direction of the front center air vents

>mfw the new Porsche Panamera requires you to use the touch screen to adjust the direction of the front center air vents

>and it still looks like dogshit, only now, it's dogshit that's never going to work when you want it to.

No it isn't, retard. That's a LINE

Did they talk about this? I need to catch up..

tbqh I have a single-DIN head unit with two knobs and six preset buttons with bluetooth functionality and it is fucking perfect

No, we're just stating the obvious.

i own a car from the big 3 m8

got a ford, got a chrsyler, got a chevy, and even got a honda

of course out of all of those the chrysler is plagued by wiring issues and is currently occupying space in my garage

I don't know, it could be the corner of the table like pic related.

[/spoiler]I really like the gif you posted[meme]

Please tell me you're just fucking with me.

>big 3
fitting name desu

y-you too

What icon pack is that?

You mean to tell me that control of Chrysler went to Fiat, and now all of their cars are about as reliable as......a FIAT?

Just kidding, they were terrible long before the Italians took over.

its a late 90s plymouth breeze

so a total shitbox but it does have the dank as fuck 2.4 dohc

i dont know shit about wiring and im too lazy to sell it

They're actually better now because one of the things Fiat happens to do really well is build reliable small-displacement turbocharged 4-cylinders, something Chrysler forgot how to do in 1987 then spent the next 10 years trying to get Mitsubishi to help.

>Trying to get Mitsubishi to help

Oh, ya gotta love those DSMs. I had a '95 Eagle Talon Tsi, I admit, it was fun.

best dash of all time

pixel icon pack

>the new Porsche Panamera requires you to use the touch screen to adjust the direction of the front center air vents

It will be time to have:
a. Brake by wire only
b. Keyless engine off/on
c. Windows and door opening by wire only
d. Exterior door handles removed for streamlined looks (open by fob only)

Ooops, the battery went dead. The windows are rolled up. The kids are in the car. Air is running out.

What about the led screen dash clusters? I feel it would be expensive to fix.

You just swap them out if they fail. Might be cheaper even, since displays are so cheap and they buy so many

Why on earth do you even need all this bullshit. Its a car, not a fucking multimedia device. As long as theres some buttons for the ac and a radio its more than enough.

I don't know what Acura/Honda are thinking with the two screen radios. I think it looks hideous. Japanese manufacturers are also generally behind the curve with infotainment. Stuff from Europe can be okay. Funny enough I feel this is an area where American manufacturers (Ford with Sync3 after their huge misstep with MyFord touch, and Chevy's current system) are ahead. Ford also got over the "everything must be touch sensitive" curve and puts real buttons for all the critical functions too.

Just because your shitty american car company can't do it right, doesn't mean it is a bad implementation.

Porsche aviation style layout is pure sex and you are a huge faggot.

jesus so many buttons

>Would you rather have all buttons instead?

Yes because, unlike your shitty GM car, other brands know how to do it right.

>autotragic
10/10 would key

that looks awful
and what the fuck are those climate controls

>thinks his plebeian opinion matters

Don't worry, I will mail your post to Mercedes interior designers so they are aware of your meaningful critique, user

You're mailing critiques to Mercedes interior designers? Okay, tell them that those sat-nav "floating screens" are fucking hideous. They're in damn near everything, and they look cheap, plastic, and tacked on as an afterthought. Even that screen in that AMG you posted there, it's the same one that's in the CLA250 at the bottom of the range.

what was wrong with just having a normal radio with an aux jack to plug your phone into

> muh buttons are for oldfag boomers, get with the times fag, muh touchscreen
>posts a picture of an interior with literally thousands of buttons

>LCD screen breaks 10 years later
>costs thousands to repair
>whoops now nothing works anymore in your car

Oh I forgot they want us to buy a new one after five yeaes

Not a damn thing.

>what is VLC
image.jpg

Cleveland auto show is better

I don't mind having touchscreens, but why the fuck can't they make fluid HD graphics when a 200 bucks tablet can?

Might be too much strain on the car battery?

A good household tablet charger only draws around 15 watts. I'd chalk the lag up to not giving a fuck about optomization. You can have your computer engineers spend 1000 hours fixing the already functional touch screen, or you can have them spend 1000 hours figuring out how to make the ECU cheat emissions tests harder. From a financial perspective the answer is obvious.

>all those buttons just for heating options alone

So what was wrong with the old rotating knobs again? Shit is easy to understand and to use without taking your eyes off the road.

why do cars still have steering wheels, accelerator and brake pedals when they work by wire and could be replaced by a yoke or joystick?

my old car controls can be found by feel and work whether I have wet hands or I'm wearing gloves.

there's so much tight integration of informatics that if the mp3 player fails the car probably can't start. and windshield wipers will cost $200 because they generate OBD3 codes that tell the DMV when they're worn out

Only thing I dont like here is the climate control being linear. I like to turn them with my finger (just like the feeling).

It's more like you can hire people who know what they're doing with designing and implementing interfaces or you can just get your ecu guys to do it in house """for free""".

Oh and you can make all the electronics one disgusting mess of a system so when someone owns the radio they own the whole fucking car.

The worst thing about it is how far back you have to put your arm for putting it in gear. Seems trivial, but if you have long arms its a very uncomfortable task.

don't forget that the buttons are now gone, replaced with flat panels that have backlit icons which give haptic feedback - just like an iPhone xDDDDDDD

what could go wrong? :o)

Bullshit

Tesla hasn't even moved past Tegra K1 which is absolute dogshit for an SoC.

I'm so tired of this shit. OEMs should make head units double DIN units that are swapped out every 2-5 years with all the latest technology instead of making people buy new fucking cars.

My dad had one. The shifter is very far back on that console in order for their infotainment controller pad to be in front of it. Not a huge deal, but it's not very ergonomic.

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

>it's impossible a car with an unlimited production run might end up in the garage of someone who surfs an Alexa ranked website

My dad works for nintendo and had two amg gts

Steering wheels on the wrong side bub