/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Roach edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17
youtube.com/watch?v=Tme4c-p6IM0
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ_586CLHDM
youtube.com/watch?v=wKhkyFqOb4w
youtube.com/watch?v=v6otXDTS0KU
youtube.com/watch?v=jadxTFqyhRM
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Prima Nocta is the Birthright of every Noble.

BANNERLORE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw too chivalrous to raid villages
I even started as a pagan to feel a bit better about it, but still I am a wimp

Raiding in VC is pretty much mandatory

Don't listen to this heathen

Its been mentioned multiple times that merchant play is perfectly viable and even optimal for early game finances

No need to raid villages when Friese has fucking wine and jewelry for cheap. Wine and jewelry basically anywhere else sells for BIG MONEY.

>wanting your vikings to drink your mead and steal your jewelry
You can lose half a dozen journey's profit from one event.

Well, you can always mod that out by editing a text file, though your troops, from what I've seen with carrying 100-200 troops on my ships, don't take too much. With how cheap shit is at Friese, you'll easily make back your loss. Though I never have to travel far to sell my stuff: Ribe, London, and that East Engle port do just fine.

If Bonerlord won't fix Warband's late game issues the game will be bad.

Well, it won't be worse than Warband.

You never know. It's kinda weird that Armagan isn't satisfied with the combat in Bannerlord yet I don't see there being something wrong with how combat works in Warband. Give big and heavy weapons the ability to cleave and that's it, improved combat without trying to change anything just for the sake of changing.

they're gonna fuck it up, as is indie dev tradition. they lucked out a lot with their first title desu

I've managed without it, I just beat bandits and then danish and northmen raiders and then join any faction as a merc from that point forward its a smooth ride

its just that it would be much faster and probably even more fun to raid shit with boats, but I just can't bring myself to do it

Please don't bully peasants.

I'm using dickplomacy, why the girls have same baby faces? Is there any skin to fix this?

Stop using cavalry

Let's just hope it's bad but salvageable. I'm still traumatised by X Rebirth

n-no

Wrong answer!

Joke's on you, I replicated my game save directory so I'm just going to quit and paste my safe save back in >:)

Stop cheating

>using infantry
>having causalities

If Beanerlord wont have a new skillsystem/attributes game will be shit from start on

I rather like the current system

PASSIVE BLOCKING ON SHIELDS

BLUNT WEAPONS IGNORE % OF ARMOR

BANNERLORD GOT CANCELLED
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

this is okay

this is not okay

fuck you.

int char are useless, almost no good skills

>166637542
talewords abducted by Zoroastrian alien overlords

>this is not okay

>shield on back
>arrow hits your back
>shield gets ignored

yeah flawless logic

>int char are useless
I guess you need a certain amount of int irl to operate them

Your armies are large, the only significant your own character can make to the team (unless you're playing on some absurdly low battle size) is through skills and leader skills, surgery is op.

>to intelligent to waste skillpoints on int

you can keep skilling this shit

>what are slaves who skill skills like surgery

like I said ALMOST, leadership is the only good, actually one of the best

>get int bitch companion
>with 6 int of your own your troops can have 44% chance of surviving going down in battle
>be int king yourself
>it's 56% and you're gonna get 10 surgery years before your int bitch companion does anyhow
All the attributes are decent choices in Warband. Though AGI and STR work best together while you can take CHA and INT separately just fine.

but it already does?

gameplay is more important than logic nigger

passive melee blocking on shields would fuck combat harder than harlaus and that butter sculpture

>passive melee blocking
I think he's talking about passive ranged blocking. I dunno what he's on about though, since *hits shield on back* is actually a thing.

biomass yourself rhodick

>gameplay is more important than logic nigger
>realism-is-not-a-valid-argument.png
Nice.

DRAW YER BLADE

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALE

BANNERLORD WHEN? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what the fug man

WHAT THE FUGGG

Bannerlord is canceled

>25 days ago the ginge said he was going to make a new developers blog
>25 days for a fucking blog

>Being sieged
>Stand on the battalion overlooking the ladder
>60
>Headshots
>Later

>Sieging
>Snipe every single archer as they rain hell on your boys
>Stop them from fucking up your troops on the siege/ladder

Come on I know you're as paper thin as those teammates but the fact that you're not an AI equivalent to a 30 IQ Gibbon lets you do some business.

GINGER MAKE A FUCKING BLOG
>GINGER MAKE A FUCKING BLOG

No weebs allowed in this general
Please leave

t. the Ginge trying to get out of making a blog
Hurry the fuck up

BANNERLORD NOW

>>with 6 int of your own your troops can have 44% chance of surviving going down in battle
Nah base is 25%
So you get up to 65% with a Companion, or 69% with a point in surgery while carrying the book for that value.
Essentially, on it's own, a 10 Surgery Companion gives your troops 53.333...% chance of living
The extra bonus from just 1 point puts it into 58.666% chance
The chance from being level 10 in it is 74.666...%
The extra chance of living from the extra 4 points from level 10 over the 10 from the companion is 45.714% chance

This is, of course, discounting the 25% of the time when he would have lived anyways, so only talking about when surgery saves your man from dying. With that it's just (25+(Surgery*4))% or 81% max

To clarify further, with the bonus 4 surgery from your level 10, roughly 45% of the time your soldier would have died WITH a companion with level 10 surgery and no points in it yourself, he will live.

With that in mind, level 10 surgery on yourself (45% losses negated) approaches the value of level 10 surgery on a companion (55% losses negated)

this baby whining for bannerlord makes me happy it's cancelled

Oh and to clarify yet again the first 3 (53, 59 and 75 percent) are all "% that will survive over no levels in surgery", while only the 4th one (45%) is talking about % that would survive over level 10 surgery.

I bet bannerlord releases in July. Riding off June E3 hype.
Or not at all. Reason there is no develop is because it's done. Having a tiny booth at E3 is cheaper than having a big advertising campaign and is as effective.

>Reason there is no develop is because it's done
Frank told us they're literally not even at the polishing stage

No he didn't.

Ginge is a liar

He said they can still change / add / remove features which implies they're still at the polishing stage, unless they built their game like a UNIX system and can plug in massive numbers of modules at any time.

Ginge is purer than your waifu shvoogie

i'm posting this every thread to honour the user's dying wish.

DAMN IT GINGE!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. he has time to do warband championship commentary though

>implies
>still polishing
You said they weren't at the polishing level.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO KILL THE GINGE NOW

I'm sorry, I misspoke - it implies they haven't reached the polishing stage and are still in the development stage, since the polishing stage is the stage where yu begin "setting" features and making it more difficult to radically change the design of the entire system.

leave ginge alone

But he's bad with us

I said goodbye to most of my knights and ravestern archers to build a huscarl army to invade castles
biggest mistake of my life those infantry suck dick and I've been grinding for hours

t. the ginge.
go work on the blog.

>no user
>it's ok if it's your first time
>just set the damages to 1:1 and play it as a hardcore game
>it's going to be fun
>you'll be alright

>Revolver Ocelot
>Crossbows
A little early, no wonder you lost.

>rh*d*k

>Taking Tribesmen against Mamlukes
Sorry to say this bud, but even if you had set damage to 1:10, you'd have had your ass handed to you.

BLACKED

>implies

?

All of this math is making me hot and bothered. INT truly is king.

>Prima Nocta
this never existed

/mbg/ pls post some comfy medieval musics

youtube.com/watch?v=Tme4c-p6IM0
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ_586CLHDM

youtube.com/watch?v=wKhkyFqOb4w

I find this super comfy to be honest

youtube.com/watch?v=v6otXDTS0KU

Ty bros

If you have some more, post them here.

youtube.com/watch?v=jadxTFqyhRM

So i just started this PoP and some of these early game shits almost fuck my shit up,,, which are the fags i should try to crush and chase and which to avoid?

You should avoid everyone but uninstall PoP you faggot

Why? I thought this mod was fun, what other mods are there? I played around 200 hours with native expansion.

I finally have my own kingdom in brytenwalda, even after importing my natuve character of level 32 it took 400 days in-game.

If native is your thing and you like fantasy, try out the Phantasy Calradia mod. It'd also help if you're somewhat familiar with D&D lore while you're at it if you're gonna play Phantasy.

>boringblanda

youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

AVE MARIA
DEUS VULT

>tfw ladders are more effective than siege towers

>even after importing
If you were not playing walk backwards and trip this would bother me

Be certain to import in VC as well. Even better if the character is imported from a mod with trainers or stat boosters.

Only because the ladder isn't blocking archer LOS.

Siege towers tend to be really good for infantry/cavalry armies.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0

He said comfy.