Disappointing

>drive a focus
>want a 'new' car, a fun one
>look into 3rd gen WRX hatchbacks
>decide it's perfect and the prices aren't bad at all
>listing after listing come to a realization that it doesn't come with an Automatic, JUST stick

fucking why.

Because those cars are for real people who enjoy the art of driving manuals.

Not pussys like you.

Sage on all counts

this

sage

>'Fun' Car
>Automatic
Pick one.

Also, I hope you didn't buy a 3rd gen Focus (2012+) with the automatic, or you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Same

I'd buy a STI if they came in semi-manual

Not made for cruising so no torque converter needed.
Also not made for world record lap times so no steering wheel flip flaps needed.
Obviously people like you complained enough so newer ones get a fucking CVT. Good on ya.

Why would you want a WRX with an auto?

Are you a woman?

>yfw my female service advisor at work financed a 2017 wrx in cvt

Always bugging us guys in the shop to put mods on it

She has gotten people to put these things on for her so far:

>rallyarmor UR mudflaps
>vortex generator
>rapid flash lower 3rd brake light
>oem Subaru rain visors
>smoked back up lights
>full 5% tint all around
She buys a different thing for her car every week she's buying full cobb exhaust and access port later on

>It just looks cute teehee

She said that and she wants to go fast

It wouldn't be as bad if the auto wasn't a damn CVT. I don't know why they didn't just use a 6 speed slushbox.

Comfort ability I guess.

Still get people coming inside complaints they can't feel their car shift and it's a cvt kek

Op, are you a gay?

>Exhaust and accessport
She's going to bug you guys to fix her transmission pretty soon. Those CVT's will not hold more than 250whp.

that cvt will smoke a gayron/laferrari/918/p1 in a reverse dragrace though.

if it is a real cvt.

That's the only use of cvt, lol.

this is bait you people are retarded

The only legit excuse I've seen is a 2015 CVT WRX I changed the oil on at my quick lube joint. Owner was a mid-late 20s man with a cane and an obvious permanent leg injury from the way he walked. Had a legal handicap parking permit and everything. I didn't inquire any further, but he probably actually can't drive a manual so he gets a pass from me.

Unless OP doesn't have two functional legs, there is no excuse for an automatic WRX.

Exactly

The wrx holds 268 HP to all 4 wheels so it's doing good so far. I agree though the cvt is absolute shit

I think the 268 is crank hp not wheel hp. I know alot of the tuner shops near me won't touch the cvt wrxs for that exact reason.

That 268hp is at the crank, not at the wheels. Most subarus lose about 20% of their power to the wheels, which puts 214.4 to the wheels of a current WRX.

>subaru trannies are already glass
>getting a subaru cvt

Good luck with your insurance bill

>le automatics are bad!!!!111!
>namefag

Just kill yourself, the world needs it

>sage
newfag

first post
best post

If you want a fun automatic just buy a c4 corvette and be done with it.

>Most subarus lose about 20% of their power to the wheels
It's a fair bit more than that. 20% is typical of a 2wd vehicle.

Busrider detected.

Seconding this. Kid in my class with a 2004 2.5RS put his shit on the chassis dyno and got 108hp to the wheels. Assuming factory hp at the crank that's a good 65% loss.

Uhh, your math is a little bit off.

108hp/165hp = 0.6545

1-0.6545 = 34.545% of power lost.

Chassis dyno runs are only good for comparing power on the same dyno (ie: before and after a tune), not great for establishing absolute output tho.

there where automatic U fag !