OH SHIT MY DUDES ITS THE APOCALYPSE

Shit, the apocalypse has hit. The world is chaos, electricity is out, riots, plundering you name it. What car would be the best dooms day car in any scenario? The car should last as long as possible of course. Argue and reflect.

any Ecoboost equipped vehicle.

power and efficiency

Prius.

Just saying.

drive a trusty pickup, find a generator, steal some gasoline and im great to go.

I would choose the MB Geländewagen 240, one of the military versions of the G-wagon. The Norwegian army still uses these vehicles, and they are from fucking 1986. They will drive for ever. It´s AWD with great differential lock, it´s a lot of space, its easy to repair, it can drive trough fucking rivers and it is very reliable.

gas goes off after a while. the entanol stuff at leats. gonna get me a nice 4X4 diesel truck.

definitively not this one

A madmax/rally spec Corolla, any gen really. Theres thousands of them anywhere so fresh parts could be pulled wherever I am

Basically pic related

Tesla with a diesel

Custom Hilux with a trunk full of spare parts.

seriously, how fucking retaded you should be to drive a korean crossover in a zombie apocalypsys

They're pretty neat.

Hilux with a turbo diesel.

And why the fuck did they constantly repair that shtitty old camper? arent there enought newish camper standing around without owners?

>car

where you gonna fit your girl

A Civic for 3000$. Or if you are rich a miata or a toyosubaru

nigga we ride or die

Lexus LS400.Because living in a post-apocalyptic shithole shouldn't always have to be uncomfortable

tdi swapped 2nd gen samurai with a few simple mods

now this is alpha as fuck

I don't know if I'm kidding or not

4stroke though

None.
With an ICE, you'd ultimately run out of petrol, so would everyone and you would end up with a useless car that can't run anymore because it would take at least a good century to rebuild the necessary infrastructure to make oil available again.
Same problem with an electric engine, due to the lack of electricity.
Any "apocalypse" scenario would have one immediate result and that is the disappearence of mobility. Every other part of the following downfall would be a consequence of this and us having to learn to live after decades of dependence on behaviors and elements that were only possible because of large-scale mobility.

No electricity, no electric car.

MAN KAT1 4×4
Air cooled diesel engine with 4 wheel drive. Stick a plow on the front and you're set.

>he doesn't know about wood gas
laughingwhores.jpg

A 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT

do you know how long a thing like pic related gonna last you? There wont be many people left using it despite you

Well, good thing every town has its lorry full of gas then.

>cars
Stupid. Gas is going to run out, parts will break, and you can't look it up on a computer.

I think a horse would be your best bet.

every town got multiply gas stations which will last you a shitload of time

Horses need food and water. Better yet a bicycle.

>Food
>Water
There's grass and streams everywhere.

large towns are the WORST place to be in any chaotic scenario, precisely because that's where the supplies will be
I was more refering to the small towns and villages

I'd adapt a wood wired steam locomotive to drive off tracks.
Checkmate, atheist.

geländewagen with the om617.

i can brew diesel at home

This is objectively and subjectively the correct thing to do.
Fuck, you could even use the thousands of miles of unused railway.
Not to mention a train or even just a locomotive is large enough to have proper and secure living accomodation.

Yes but in what quantity?
How long would it take you to get a full tank of diesel?
It's the same issue with biofuels. The effort is too much for one person.

>small towns/villages got no gas stations

>gas stations have entire tankers full of fuel
One at most (for each variety), and it's going to be raided by everyone arround.

a nice big diesel estate.

one true answer, next stop innawoods

ill just leave my car in the driveway and hop in my trusty 90s ferd truck

p much this

all that old soviet shit can literally be repaired with a rock and a hammer

What the fuck are you retarded

And booze.
Lots of booze.

What happens in a year or even like 6 months when the tanks have been succ'd dry and the refineries have remained dormant.

Then you don't have fuel

What do you suggest they replace them with?

>Grass in the winter
Uh huh

Bicycles are the most efficient mode of transportation.