Manual in traffic

>be murican
>just got my first manual car two days ago
>got stuck in traffic yesterday
>expected it to be a pain in the ass
>it wasn't
Why do people complain about this so much? Is it just because of laziness or are people just retarded?

A bit of both.

I don't mind it either buddy. People say they want an automatic for traffic when they want you to know they used to drive manual.

>had manual for a few days
>got stuck in traffic once
What about when it's a daily occurrence ?

It would be more annoying than with an auto, but not much

yea it's usually not that bad IMO although sometimes if the traffic is for a few hours my leg may get a tad sore from constantly pressing in the clutch, but besides that I have no reasons to ever turn my back on a manual

Yeah boyy u joined the elite breh vroom vroom double clutch

Not all clutches / gear boxes are the same.

Most people who are not repeating the "muh traffic!" Meme, have memories of driving old american trash cars and trucks with heavy, tricky clutches and long throwing shifters.

I drove my TSX 6MT in traffic every day for five years. Not a problem at all, the clutch had about as much resistance as the brake, offered tons of feedback, and the shifter throw was like the bolt of an enfield smle rifle. Slick and short. A flick of the fingers could handle the shifts.

I'll add that sometimes it is preferable (IMO) to have a manual in traffic. Much easier to coast or sit. Automatics are always creeping forward. Jerky shit motion. And it's easier to space put and stop paying attention to a flow of traffic in. Upper to bumper. You'll never see a manual rear end tap another car in traffic unless something broke. It's always someone in an automatic who spaced out.

One downside to driving the 6MT in traffic was that I wore a crease into two pairs of $400 allen Edmonds dress shoes, and a hole in two carpet floor mats and one weathertech fitted all season.

I'm not an autistic tofu delivery driver that is going to put on piloti shoes every time I drive either. But I wouldn't drive in my Aldens.

a lot of both.

I thought that most of the worry and whining was from the stress and wear on the clutch while in traffic.

>Be murican
>see video about Germanies roads and how they are in amazing condition compared to US roads
>read into it
>Germany has 8,000 miles of paved road
>the use has over 2.5 million

I have driven approximately 300000 miles and manual transmission vehicles. In that time I would imagine that if I were to do the hard number-crunching which my log books to not supply that about 70% of my driving has been freeway. In that time I would say only twice was I ever in a traffic jam that was a problem for a manual transmission car. In both instances traffic jam occurred on a very slight incline and the rolling speed of traffic was about half the speed of the car in idle in first gear.

>mfw i didnt destroy muh throw oit bearing in either car.

I did end up slightly glazing the clutch surface in the 5 speed 4x4 S10 blazer, though. That shit went on for 10 miles iirc

>Germany has 8,000 miles of paved road

You fucking moron. That's just the autobahn.

In my experience, the most annoying and frustrating thing about being stuck in stop start traffic in a manual, is being stuck in stop start traffic. The same frustration also applies when you're in an auto. go figure cunt

>400,461 km of total road Including none paved
>meanwhile US
>3,409,221 paved only

Whoops, those are both supposed to be miles. When you have to take care of a fraction of the roadwork, and your major expressways are 1/100th the size, should tell you how easy it is to take care of it.

They complain because they have been stuck in traffic more than once in their two-days manual adventure.
When it happens every other day for years, it gets you.

Jesus Christ how can you be so stupid to think that since you didn't find your first traffic jam tedious then everyone should think the same of all the traffic jams ever?

>what is population

>Germany population
>80.62 million
>Texas Population
>26 million

>Germany total roadway 400,461 miles
>Texas total roadway 675,580 miles

>Texas is a country

Keep embarassing yourself while making shitty excuses for your country's crumbling infrastructure.

Hey did that damn break yet?

>shitty infustructor
>10 times the length of road
>3.9 times the population
>thinks its possible to maintain everything in it

Well at least the US isn't run by alah.

>infustructor

Don't rope California in with the rest of us

Also, it's dam

>lost the argument
>goes straight for the bait
Every time.

basically these OP
the only time its even close to being a pain in the ass is when you're stuck on an extreme upward incline

g-good thing you misspoke senpai
n-now i don't have to r-respond to your point

Personally I find holding the brake pedal in an auto to be more taxing on my physiology than working the clutch. Both are trivial. I get a little bit ticked off when I see autofaggots shifting through reverse every time they get an opportunity to roll forward.
>what gear is N?

Please tell me autofags near you don't put the car in park during heavy traffic or lights.

Oh, they do. And they let it rock once it's in park.

Not yet, hopefully it will break soon though.

you get a motorcycle and lane split. auto is for the weak

Pretty much all those reasons.
I tend to only dislike my manual *with sports clutch* when I get stuck in traffic after leg day at the gym.

I'm nearly always in traffic, who cares, manual is fine.

Because the people who complain about 'muh leg hurts :(((' are fat cunts

>manual
>Europe
>Hills
>Lots of fucking hills

Why do u think BMW has hill assist?

>tfw Houston traffic is the worst

We have a fucking 12 lane highway and that shit still get fucking clogged

TLDR; fuck touch and go traffic in manual in super hilly areas.