/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Neighborhood drive edition

Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/simg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>IL-2 Squad Join link:
il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/squad/join/88/2zrX7qk145wpp2FV4xx4E1z2OA3idk5pa9llTi7Q/

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP Pastebin:
pastebin.com/k6ASZw3S

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIcumEt4uS4&feature=youtu.be
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027932&postcount=99
goo.gl/uAHjHh
youtube.com/watch?v=aoxF29RI2Bs
webmshare.com/GZ3W1
fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/ARM/apfsds/ammo_r.html
youtu.be/YeIno4H2E4k?t=35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for cute planes

First for frogs > anime

One day

Third for Ace Combat 7 ops soon

1st for frogman.

Soon

Do you think a /BigNig/ tag would get us in trouble?

We could show them that it was historically accurate

Wall Building Sim when?

I have access to the viggen finally (im a premium forum member so I can access the module plane one day before the masses) but the plane main thruster dies when you dont engage the N-lock with the RB54 rockets. I added matt wagner on facebook but he removed me when i started asking about this... i added him again but then he blocked me... so much ofr community manager!
can anyone help me?

10th for wargames

It will be fine lad

Interested in how GT Mius Front is since OP Star is the only war game I have Im gonna try to get into it

Take a shotgun and blast yourself in the face kerri.

Matt is a fucking fraud dude... He joined our pub server when I was just having a good time with the lads but he kept shooting down friendlies... He had some cheats or something because none of us could lock onto his BF109 (yeah im serious) he also joined our discord and kept screaming slurs at us, i can recognize that fucking voice. Total fucking sperg.
Least we fucking forget

All that being said, SH5 it is ~2 euros on G2A, or alternatively you could be an actual different type of naval person, either way the game is cheap and as such you can't really go wrong with it.

Also my hunt for that merchatn has come to an end, the hunk of junk type IIA U-boot doesn't have enough oompf to play catchup with these vessels.

>tfw dead ass not going to iraq anymore

no desert aesthetics for me

>typeIIA
>merchants go ~5-6knots
>can't go faster than 7 knots when submerged
>go ~10 knots when surfaced
>merchant spots you and steam of at 12 knots

I now understand why these shits never sunk shit, were discontinued and used as training booots.

>DCS

youtube.com/watch?v=KIcumEt4uS4&feature=youtu.be

oh i'm keking hard now

>DCS
>Carrier Qualifications
What the fuck were they thinking?

This kind of autism puts me off wanting to fly with anyone else

>that glitchy as fuck movement
>that incredibly static deck

The new carrier mechanics is going to improve this...right?

Wouldn't be hard to improve on total shit

This time it better not fucking dud, not a third time.

Where my custy at?
Are you dead, my dead ass?

It glances of the front, no damage, but the polish merchant steams off at mach3. No torpedoes left we head back home, at arrival we have a range of about 30km, wouldn't want to cut it much closer than that.

The Viggen open beta announcement has just proven to me how retarded most DCS players are

Dis nigga right here just survived an AIM-120, an AIM-9 and 300 rounds of 20mm to the fuselage.

>Shooting the fuselage
>Not clipping the wing off
What's it like being retarded?

I was intentionally shooting at the fuselage just to see how many rounds it would tank

I forgot everyone in this general gets ass-ravaged at every other poster

Just aim for the wings nigga goddamn.

The reason it's going to open beta is because there is a major jump in versions occurring. From version 1.5.6 -> 1.6

Hence the open beta release first to make sure everything is alright. It only takes a few minutes to switch between the 2 versions so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

>I was just pretending to be retarded I swear guise!
>I shot it up like a million time and it didn't explode into a gazillion pieces like ace combat! wow dropped! not a sim!
Your not fooling anyone idiot.

>Doesn't smash the wings

okay greg

lest we forget ol' jimmy lied about his age on race day, he was 74 not 59. He made drastic modifications to the wings and fuselage and didn't provide any documentation to the FAA about them, he pushed the 60+ year aircraft to almost 500 MPH far in excess than it was ever designed to do. The result of his blatant negligence killed 10 people and injured 70. its obvious that countless years of flying had done little to nothing to curb his ego or cause him to think of his safety or that of the spectators.

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027932&postcount=99

What did he mean by this?

>Assblasted DCS cuck namefagging like a bitch
Kek

Apply a shotgun directly to your forehead cunt.

Flashpoint is fun but it's not realistic.
Russians in that game are really good at making kills that just should not be possible. Even today the Russians still don't have a tank round capable of penetrating the frontal armor of the M1A1, let alone the M1A1HA. A battalion shouldn't be a match for a platoon of Abrams, much less a single company.

>you're bad
>you're bad
>you're bad
>you're bad
>you're bad

Wrong OP text again: goo.gl/uAHjHh

youtube.com/watch?v=aoxF29RI2Bs

According to wiki (admittedly not the most definitive source:
M1A1 has ~600mm RHAE against APFDS
3BM46 (1991) has ~650mm penetration at 2000m

M1A1HA has ~800mm RHAE against APFDS, so they definitely have difficulty there

However, it's notable that most tank engagements in Europe were expected to be within 2000m, so penetration capability would be somewhat higher.

>A battalion shouldn't be a match for a platoon of Abrams, much less a single company.
So this is what real, genuine retardation is like

>Even today the Russians still don't have a tank round capable of penetrating the frontal armor of the M1A1
Reminder that not a long time ago in Iraq even a fucking Malyutka penetrated the front of an Abrams

I want BIG SHIPS

Do modern tanks have radar warning receivers?

Fuck, now I remembered I have Ship Simulator in steam since longtime. Is it a good sim or just some shit?

>no source
nice fake news

AND I CANNOT LIE!

You can already get a moving deck, however, the sea is still static.

Right in the cheek of an Iraqui Abrams.
webmshare.com/GZ3W1

You've been playing too much Steel Beasts, son. The Abram's damage model in that game is horrible. They can't be soft or mission killed and internal damage is poorly modeled, perhaps because of the "muh blow out panels" meme.

Some lovely examples:
The optics can't be damaged except from the inside of the tank, meaning you can't mission kill it without penetration.
The "Main gun" counts as a complete entity, from the barrel to the housing. Meaning even with a direct hit, you can't destroy the (~44mm thick?) main gun.
The hull is vulnerable to the common 3BM-42 and 3BM-32 up to 2km, but once you penetrate it seems the driver's body is enough to prevent harm to the rest of the tank.
And lastly, most annoying, is that scoring a side hit on the ammunition racks... doesn't do anything. Sure the crew would survive that hit easily, but the tank should be mission killed and a nice fireball should erupt from the blow-out panels.

You're better off facing Leopard 2A4s, which have stronger armor in real life, but are easier to kill in SB because their damage model is much more accurate.

I think he's a campaign tester, or he reads the russian forums.

If ED actually accepted his shit ass models, say RIP to your performance.

>monkey model
None of the Iraqi abrams have the American DU composites. They're literally XM1s.

Unfortunately this isn't really relevant to the discussion as export model Abrams have a different armor composition than US Abrams.

Yeah, and Leo-2 has the same or better armour, yet a dozen of them were lost in few weeks to goatfuckers with AK's, lol. Tanks are shit in modern combat.

Monkey model.

And it's a mobility kill.

>DU composites
Passive armour is complete shit. If a tank has no dynamic or active protection, no amount of armour will save it from ATGM. Not to mention they mostly shoot from the sides or ever from the back, making this meme frontal armour completely useless.

> shit in modern combat
False.
Read "'Lessons Learned' from the Russo-Ukrainian war".
ERA has shifted the power balance once again so that APFDS (and thus tank guns) are the primary method of destroying tanks.

M1A1 doesn't have DU as well (only M1A1HA and later variants), so it's still relevant, as I've said that M1A1 can and was penned.

>mobility kill
>literally column of flames coming out of the turret
Kek'd

>Kek'd

SHUT REEEEEEEE

Abrams is unkillable, when the entire turret flies up the crew is fine, it's just the blow out turret.

Ikr

>literally blowout panels working as intended
>hurrdurr its kill
jesus you kids are retarded

>ERA
And that was already countered by tandem-charges and EFP

and those were counter-countered by KNOB, WANG and BRA

Yeah-yeah, turret crew is evacuated as on the pic in

However
* Those aren't widespread in most militaries
* Those are further countered by APS

Notably, not a single T-90 has been lost in Ukraine yet, and it's been facing closer to parity opposition than the Abrams has.

>Notably, not a single T-90 has been lost in Ukraine yet
Because there aren't any? Ukraine operates T-64s and separatists have captured/looted from a military base T-64s and some T-72s with (((unknown origins)))

>not a single T-90 has been lost in Ukraine yet
Several have been lost in Syria, all to ATGMs. Turns out Shtora doesn't work as advertised, if at all.

IL-2 except its actually fucking korea when?

just play bms if you want korea

>Several
See There was a video of one being hit with 1 or 2 TOWs in summer 2016, no consequences of hit shown, SAA announced driver wounded, and a recent one abandoned by the crew after a front hit.

Also, for the first one the Shtora was off, otherwise camera would've recorded it (you can check that regular cameras see IR with even your mobile phone and a TV remote).

Shtora's IR jamming is obsolete against modern frequency-hopping TOWs, yes. Other components such as the kinetic kill are still effective.

This expectation that a system must have a 100% success rate and is unrealistic.

>Shtora's IR jamming is obsolete against modern frequency-hopping TOWs, yes.
That's pretty obvious, given that Shtora was made around 1992 and modern TOWs and Javelins are built already with knowledge of Shtora

GAYTO btfo

What tank?

T-72B1 m.1985

>slavshit beating anything american
that's how you know the game is trash

Huh, yeah, I could've guessed by the ZBM-32 in the loadout.

AI has a tendency to drive into rivers it can't get out of

*should've

Fun fact: 3BM-32 used a depleted uranium shell in contrast to the year-later 3BM-42, using tungsten. It could penetrate more than the 3BM-42, but the 3BM-42 also could not fit in the T-72's autoloader, meaning T-72Bs would mostly be equipped with either 3BM-32, 3BM-29, or 3BM-26, whereas the weaker 3BM-42 could only fit in the T-80 and T-64.

Yeah, I know about Mango dimensions, though haven't heard about materials used until now, when I read this:
fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/ARM/apfsds/ammo_r.html

All the T-90s that were lost, weren't due to them being knocked out or the tank exploding, they got hit, and the shitty arabs immediately ran away from the tank like the idiots they are.

Look at that angle no wonder you can't get a hit.
use impact until 1942, magnetic fuses are shit until then (if you're using GWX)

Now for 9M113.

I'm a bit afraid that the tree will detonate my ATGM here, so I try and shoot around the tree.

Hull impact. That one went right into the turret ring, and at that angle might have reached the six rounds in the Abram's hull, setting them and their cute little blowout panel off. Because the blow-out panels aren't modeled however, the Abrams just freezes instead.

New models? Fuck, sorta excited for a DCS patch?????????

Really hoping one of them is the MiG-29S's model update.
1.5.4 gave us the new A model, 1.5.5 gave us the G. 1.5.6 = S?

Me on the right.

Dismounted infantry point out another Abrams in the treeline, and our turret is adjusted accordingly.
The Commander notices us, but the gunner is busy shooting at infantry in the fields. Here we can see the two of them fighting for control of the tank before I end their argument with a hit to the hull. My elevation advantage helps; on flat ground that Konkurs might have had trouble penetrating.

Oh, and the ATGMs are operated by hand cranks, meaning aiming them involves spamming the arrow keys instead of pointing and shooting. The main gun can also be operated this way if engine power is lost.

ded ded ded

What vehicles are in Steel Beast?

I might get it if i can run around doing cheeki breeki things in IFVs vs MBTs.

>slavboos
1v1 me. t72a vs m1ip

You absolute dumb mongs
Tank ejection seats have been a thing long before they were part of planes as can be seen in this footage from ww2
youtu.be/YeIno4H2E4k?t=35s

The T-72A will lose every time.

Lads I'm too hyped for the Viggen to sleep

okay, I can do original M1 vs T72B at 2km in rolling hill terrain.