/ovg/ - Overrated cars edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/3y95e8qq5vvy0rd/Cup.7z
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwpxcbFdLkP2SllMYU1waGFIZjA&export=download
mega.nz/#F!XcFxSDyZ!YKhYP1Y_aQlkQi41ZWhNng
youtube.com/watch?v=dgQFPRt-P6k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for poop

Second for mememobile.

third for taking a poop

senna pls stop

Reminder that Risto lost the /ovgt3/ championship because he had to make a """""pit stop"""""

Reminder that Italian programming is the best in its class.

Suzy Bell/Katerina Sissi

Reminder that Stiguy, tomthy, powerrrrrrrrr and katsuo won championships, while barney didn't

/OvgNr2003/ wgen

/ovglfs/ when?

/ovgwreckfest/ when?

/ovgboipucci/ when

autistic dog

At the Veeky Forums sim racing meetup

fags

heck yall

doubt.jpg

Waiting warmly for Russians to upload the updated AC files.

>/ovglfsautox/ when?

just buy the game

In the mean time, why not play Forza Horizon 3?

whats your gamertag bro ill add you

When you make a layout

Not the usual /ovg/-related stuff but still /ovg/: is car mechanic simulator fun? Played the mobile one before falling asleep so didn't get to into it but I can see the full, PC version being very fun if it is like the mobile version but far more detailed. To the point that I feel you could really learn from it if it's done right, is that the case?

It basically just helps you learn the components of a car and how they're connected. It won't teach you anything about actually repairing a car since you don't learn anything about how these parts work or how to diagnose issues with a car, but it can be comfy anyways.

Yaris dlc when?

Server has been updated to the latest version and Spa is now up. Make sure you download the new Porsche Cup data.acd to avoid checksum errors.

mediafire.com/file/3y95e8qq5vvy0rd/Cup.7z

is there anyway to get Forza Horizon 3 on win7 or is it truly win 10 only?

only if there's a way to get dx12 on win7

just drifted gurkhas with the leader of the horsefucker club, shit was cash yo

while we're on the topic of FH3, does anyone want to be a co-leader of [WAT]?

docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwpxcbFdLkP2SllMYU1waGFIZjA&export=download

good conversion but a bad mod. bunch of bloat leftover for some reason and no cameras
In other news the Lotuses have been revived with the update

>AC
>Default PSI is set for first selection
>Have to waste time using tire app or check data files for static pressures
ree

>controller is dead
>backup controller is fucking shit for racing games
>decide to look around for a used 360 wired controller
>everyone wants 30+ fucking dollars for one
>even the ones that are broken

Okay, hold the fuck up, what? I just want a decent fucking controller for my PC.

fuck win 10.
I'm hanging on to Win7 for as long as I can.

1.12 patch for whoever is currently a bit down on their luck and unable to afford the Assetto Corsa DLC at the moment. I'm sure you'll purchase it eventually user.

Only use that patch if you had pirated patch 1.11.4 applied, if not wait awhile for me to upload all the cars currently updated to patch 1.12. You will also need to reapply the DLC Unlocker.

the only choice. The Logitech F310.
it's about 2000 yen or twenty quid.

ok grandpa

Okay let me ask this then.

Does it have analog triggers and quality sticks, I want full range, not that garbage that cuts out at about half pull.

legitimately gagged

xbox 360 wired 4lyfe
been using mine since day one with a kontrolfreek stick extender
I will shill KontrolFreek all day, it's must have shit.

quality sticks, triggers are about the same as a ps2/ps3 controller. but it's the least expensive.

has the longass AC.exe launch delay have been fixed?

i like all the stuff, but the fact that it starts 5 mins later turns me down

so buy one new? I don't understand your false dilemma

A used controller shouldn't cost more then the brand new version is my point.

If I can get one new for 27 bucks, the fuck do they cost 30 dollars broken?

protip: set brake bias to 50%, you'll become reverse entry drift king

they have been blessed with virgin sweat

motorsport manager's blue flag ai is infuriating

>rain drying up
>five laps to go
>everyone on inters and fuelled to the end
>driver in like 16th
>figure I'll put him on super softs and let him loose
>spend the whole rest of the race aggressively passing the guy in 7th and then letting him through again over and over

Finished uploading all of Stefano's quality content. I'll add in 1.12.X incremental patches as they come along so check back to it if/when patches come out. (Probably throughout the next week or two as is the usual when a major update comes out)

I've noticed the long loading times but it could just be because of how many cars the DLC's add into the game. I've never had anything close to a 5 minute load time though, 20-30 seconds at most.

If I own the Steam version, then the patches aren't needed, right? Only tracks and cars?

Yeah just the cars and tracks.

>Added rear vertical fin for Lotus 98T
>Updated v10 tyres
so good
Cobra is much improved now too

thanks senpai

Does anyone still play The Crew? What controller settings do I use to make it not terrible? It's shocking how they managed to fuck it up so badly.

Hoo boy and now the safety car has waved the whole field through twice.

>Playing a game where you watch others race like a cuck

>Playing a game like a cuck and not racing in real life

How did they change the cobra?

New tyres, inertia, chassis balance and some other stuff like brake fade according to the changelog

Noice. If it's any faster, it means it can race with 3.0 RSR easily.

The new Highlands track is absolute dog shit but "better" than Black Cat County.

>The perfect track doesn’t exist. That’s why we created one.
go fuck yourself marco

The short one is pretty fun

>2017
>no AF

It had a lot of potential but the 90 degree left on the start/finish and braking into T1 with those bumpy cobblestones is a pain in the ass. Didn't seem too well optimized either in the cobblestone area, guessing far too many polys.

All sliders to middle and adjust linearity to feel.

git gud

You know the day would come when you could say the words "I think I'll play a Martian maglev racing simulator today", you just never expected it so soon.

If I had a vive I'd probably buy that

lovin those Flight Simulator 98 textures

You don't need shit, it's a really good game all on its own. The physics are fun as hell and very challenging, though the AI needs work.

The way the craft work, they're only capable of magnetically interacting with the surface at a minimum altitude, so you're constantly adjusting the thrust bias over the lap and swerving around craters trying to find a smooth patch of dirt to go fast on without smacking into a 7-foot-tall sand dune at 800 km/h or overheating your booster and frying your engine.

It's like trying to do laps around a Burger King drive thru in an F22.

What's it called?

It doesn't even look like the Highlands

NC500 in AC when

Waah waaah
Fuck off

Vector 36, it's on steam.

things it has that Assetto Corsa doesn't:
>night time
>headlights
>a damage model
>thermodynamics
>vehicle editor
>support for d-pads and POV hats

also: Systematic failures mean if you overheat or crash the Vector craft, you might only damage a radiator and still be in the race. Or you might overload a thruster and suffer unpredictable handling, or you can damage the main engine, causing it to sputter. There are no shields. A single high-speed impact can blow up your machine and cost you thousands of credits. The campaign is very brutal and unbalanced right now, but still fun.

The repair point is a single landing pad somewhere on the track that requires a precise landing, so you have to weigh your chances flying with a damaged craft and pushing it to its limit.

no shilling, it's got major potential.

that is pretty nifty desu

Things It doesn't have:
>cars

Things it has
>Simulation value

fukin kek elaborate for a newfag please?

/ovgdtm/ when?

Fuggin fugg off

kek

>You will never be the lone female user's beta orbiter

>girl(male)

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of girls(male) in /ovg/

Think of how much weight reduction you get when you wear a skirt

It's just like programming, you're better with a skirt

There's empirical data I've found.
I decided to do a test in rFactor with the 2016 F1 cars at Laguna Seca. In the control test, I wore no clothes, I ran a 1:07. Then I wore pants, pajama pants, ran a 1:08. Then I did the daring and wore a pink ruffled skirt. I ran a 1:05. Each session was five laps and I'm pretty shit. Simply by wearing a skirt I improved my time by 2 whole seconds. I decided to repeat the test, but this time I shoved my shifter up my ass and shifted with bowel movements. It took a bit of practice, but I miraculously made a 1 minute fucking flat.

Look at how real life F1 drivers dress, they look like fucking faggots. Who knew the more feminine you dress, the faster you are? No wonder Lewis Hamilton is always at the top split when he dresses like a fruit loop. They know what you must do.

Well meme'd

>>vehicle editor
what does this mean exactly

Ok kira

We finally found Kira

>/ovgdtm/ when?

Depends on what game and what era.
>90s DTM in AC
>a good DTM mod for rF1
>90s or current DTM in Raceroom
all of those sound good

>inb4 you meant the URD mod
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no

>if something's free you can't complain about it

It's not because it's free.
It's because you faggots complain about anything.
No road track can be good if it isn't an weaboo track, be it C1 or toegay

>what is Snaefell Mountain

You talking shit about C1?

I'm not. I like C1, I also like Transfargarasan, but I also liked Black cat County and Highlands, each track has its merits.

But somehow, only AC stock tracks get flak.

Probably because for "fantasy" tracks, they're both so unimaginative.
For example, compare the Scottish highlands track Kunos have made, to the Scotland tracks in Driveclub. In Driveclub the tracks are tight and narrow, just like Scottish b roads in real life, while in ac the highlands track is just black cat county but with added green and cobbles. Kunos could make any layout they please, but they just chose to make another high speed track.

Even fucking Simraceway had a decent track set on Scottish B roads

youtube.com/watch?v=dgQFPRt-P6k

simeraceway had some pretty fucking sick tracks tbqh