America needs P plates or something to let us know when we're driving near/around millennial shitheads who don't know...

America needs P plates or something to let us know when we're driving near/around millennial shitheads who don't know how to drive.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyleigh's_Law
twitter.com/AnonBabble

some "millennials" are well into their 30s now

If you just assume everyone is a millennial shithead who can't drive you won't have a problem.

t.bikefag because it's literally the only way to stay alive.

this is the ONE thing you britfags did correctly

Yeah? And some of them still live in their mom's basement.

We do have it, at least in NJ.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyleigh's_Law

>this is the ONE thing you britfags did correctly

Most civilized countries do this.

Ausfalia
That island near Ausfalia
Japan
Ireland
France
Hong Kong
Malaysia

etc

Ausfalia's P-plates are retarded in most states though.
>Not allowed a cuck box with a turbo and 80hp, allowed a V6 with twice the power because it's NA

>Malaysia
>civilized

Turbos are a fucking meme anyway.

>If you just assume everyone is a shithead who can't drive you won't have a problem
Fixed that for you fellow bike fag

I was pretty amused when I found out it was perfectly ok for me to buy an XT Forester (insurance was even identical to an XS Forester) but a clapped out WRX was a no no.

LAMS for bikes is pretty similar level of absurd, as was the 250cc limit prior to that.

Malaysia is pretty chill.

Atleast chill in regards to most Southeast Asian shitholes *cough* Dutertard's Philippines *cough*.

degenerate junkies deserve to be killed

iirc most states (or atleast Victoria) are changing it to be based on power to weight ratio instead of turbo

there needs to be a parent plate thing

Ive had to deal with more fuckhead parents in their Cruise ship sized SUVs or minivans than millenials.

Not to mention kids are statistically 14x more distracting to a driver than a phone

>wanting more nanny state bullshit
Australia is full of cucks

No doubt about it, but there has to be a line drawn when a mother of two was shot while taking her kids to school because her fucking estranged son was into that horse.

How can you be this misinformed

As opposed to non-millennial shitheads who also don't know how to drive.

No need. You'll know. It's the car that's swerving in and out of the lane because they're dicking around on their phone. It's not just millennials though, it's soccer moms that do this too.

They'll kill themselves when they OD on their drug of choice.

Totally, I see way more soccer moms dicking around on their phone while driving than millennials.

this

Plenty of people I know don't use the decals, myself included. Cops don't seem to care about them either.

millennials are old enough to be soccermoms

>Not assuming everyone is a shithead that can't drive

Who raised you?

Everyone knows the worst drivers are rich white soccer moms and their spawns.

why are people on the internet so obsessed with generation labels

But in the US no one can drive, it's not exclusive to millennials.

They're allowed to drive turbos now. It's purely based on the power-to-weight ratio

yeah and it is a garbage law nobody actually follows, better to take the hundred dollar ticket than to parade around you are an underage girl.

I am 23 years old, born 1993, do I count as a millennial?

I also drive/ride pretty sensibly and considerately.

Under 30 = millennial

>mfw I can drive any type and power car on P's in Bestern Australia

Stay salty Melbourne cucks

you don't need P plates though
P plates are for people who are scared shitless of the road and need to let everyone around them know that they're scared

I live above my dads garage, thank you very much

they have a similar system in British Columbia.

Losers and noobies. Gotta have a L in your window when you have your learners permit (i.e. cant drive by yourself). N permit when you have your license but not full license.

At least they don't have displacement restrictions, pic related.

>I am 23 years old, born 1993, do I count as a millennial?
Unfortunately, you get lumped into the whole group as a result of the large numbers of underperforming millennials. It's like how decent black people get lumped into the car prowler, welfare, burglar, thief, mugger, nigger attitude, BLM, or incompetent worker category due to the large numbers of misbehaving blacks.

millennials aren't underage

>America needs P plates or something to let us know

There needs to be a mandatory sticker for those convicted of "HIT AND RUN". Any car purchased or registered by a hit and run driver must have a hit and run license plate. Any car driven by a hit and run driver must have a temporary logo attached in the front and rear windshields and on the trunk lid. The fine for not having one is $999 per offense. Okay, so the bill of rights for cruel and unusual punishments gets rid of many public shaming laws. But without shaming, there are too many rewards and not enough penalty for hit and run drivers. It's why people hit and run because it is worth doing.

No it doesn't. It just needs a culling of anyone stupid.

>displacement restrictions
It's real bad in the UK. I was desperate for a motorcycle, so I got one when I was 16, but you're only allowed 50cc, so you can barely hit the speed limit, which is scary as fuck on it's own, without the added fear of literally everything else on the road having the ability to kill you because you're on a motorcycle.

P plates are optional in Bongland. They're basically for insecure new drivers to say "no bully pls".

except L and P plates invite bullying.

The P plate is such a pointless feature.

Why is power restrictions for new drivers a bad thing?

Lmao dafuq.
That must be why manufacturers are moving towards lower displacement engines with modest levels of boost.

In theory it's not, but at least here in Aus it's a little nonsensical in it's application.

The biggest issue in Australia is the length of P plates. Staying on Ps for longer won't make you a better or safer driver, they need to teach better.
I think a defensive driving course should be mandatory. Everyone should know what it feels like to lose control of a car.

>I think a defensive driving course should be mandatory.
That would get you another discrimination lawsuit sooner or later. Just having tough written driver exam tests got my state a discrimination lawsuit many years ago. But the written test still has a passing score of 80%.

From the way people drive, 80% of the people must have failed the 20% that dealt with yielding right of way.

>P Plates
I'd rather not drive at all desu

In Japan

I'm 45 and I want one so I can drive like absolute shit and everyone is okay with it as soon as they see a big ass P on my car

Having a P plate doesn't justify being a bad driver, people still hate you just as much as if you didn't have a P plate.

It just gives you an easily identifiable label.

As time goes on the term millennial changes the goal posts as to where it is at. As you can see most graphs nowadays have completely done away with generation Y. Gen Z / Millennial "ate" gen Y. This one says 1982 to 2004, but I've seen ranges from 1975 to 2010. The idea is "you have to be an adult before 2000" and adult can be defined as 25. One thing shared between all of these graphs is that they are all shit labels made up by old people to make it socially acceptable to be ageist.

The alphas are already born as of 2010 but nobody cares because they're only 7. By 2023 you will see the term alpha take off negatively as they become teenagers and just like millennial it will change its definition every 6 months. In 2023 there will only be boomer, millennial, and Alpha will be redefined as the current 4 letter word to be 1980 - 2023.

The reason why "millennial shitheads" are bad at driving is because it is new to them. Nobody seems to remember when gen X, Y, et al were unable to drive. Anyway, do fuck off.

Guess I'll have to settle for the symbol for insane

>Guess I'll have to settle for the symbol for insane
The republicans are going to get rid of the Johnson Act. That's the thing Lyndon Johnson put in to keep church and state separate so that the churches don't run their own candidates or launder special interest money to use their tax-exempt status to support candidates of their choice.

>America needs P plates or something to let us know when we're driving near/around millennial shitheads who don't know how to drive.

What could be better yet, if an accident occurs, the P PLate time is extended by 4 months for each accident. But there isn't such an extension to alert drivers to stay farther away.

Don't be so hard on yourself

> Crying about safety rules
> Still
You're why they exist.

the actual american dark age is upon us

It would be difficult if the Roman Catholic Church ran its own candidates in heavily religious areas. Anyone with a business that ran against the church candidate could be boycotted too out of religious fervor.

It's the exact opposite

It's mandatory in France but wether you stick it or not changes a lot.
Usually people will bully you if they see you have the A of apprentice.

Since I removed it people quitted on trying to pass me dangerously and tailgating me from a meter away

It's how things work here, you have the P then you should be bullied because you're a shit driver

Age don't mean shit, it's sex and your ethnic/economic background that does. Arabs can't drive for shit for instance

I saw a girl driving a Megane RS with a "A" the other day, I'm pretty sure I couldn't drive a car like that even at 24 because I'm a man

(In France most of the insurance companies won't insure you for a car over 90hp if you're under 25 years old. And you can't ride a bike over 125cc before 21)

>be black man
>read this post

Well at least someone's trying to see thru the shit.

>most of the insurance companies won't insure you for a car over 90hp if you're under 25 years old

holy LOL that is sad

The problem was people kept on taking the N off my car, to the point I don't use it anymore. Even when I was at a police stop they don't seem to care if your using it, noir do the other drivers

British Columbia has N stickers for newer drivers here
What's the fucking point? I'm not going to drive differently around them, just drive properly all the time

Yes but literally everyone else will

New drivers really need a P so people would put extra attention to them. Not all millennial are new drivers

>millennial shitheads who don't know how to drive.

We have this.

Because I have a "Baby On Board" sign, you must give me extra privileges. Furthermore, I insist on cutting you off and not signaling because the baby is distracting me. Furthermore, if an accident occurs, I will sue you for extra large amounts to compensate for the lost future earnings of the baby that was going to be an elite surgeon until you unfairly took that away from my baby.

>be on L plate
>1 step lower than P plate
>cops usually ignore me because they assume i'm learning
>mfw i know full well what i'm doing but i'm too lazy to upgrade my license
P platers are treated like scum here anyway

it's power to weight ratio dumbass, as well as no significantly modified engines or high performance vehicles.

Strange. I went through 3 years of the P's system, now have an open license and have noticed no difference at all in the way I'm treated by other people on the road or the police.

Maybe you're just driving like a gronk.

Sorry ma'am, but your baby was dead yesterday because of starvation. Did you forgot to feed him because you need to buy some new Prada mini bags?

>"Baby On Board" sign, you must give me extra privileges.

You miss the meaning of this sign. A minivan, driven by a man with a nagging wife and screaming kid. He has nothing left to live for so watch out.

>A minivan, driven by a man with a nagging wife and screaming kid. He has nothing left to live for so watch out.

Ahh, like that past Veeky Forums thread in late 2016 where the guy had to sell his personal S2000 (he had before the marriage) in order to get a baby-friendly car because the wife wanted to have a baby.

I can almost guarantee that you yourself are a millennial. What year were you born OP

Wasn't the original intent of these information signs to inform OTHER drivers to be more forgiving to the newbie driver? In America, full of bitter people, it would be a bully magnet because the more skilled sociopath drivers would take advantage of the newbie and try to force them into a wrecking situation. Or someone who needed a new rear bumper would get in front of the newbie and brake check.

in the civilised world ( Europe ) every new driver has to put a begginer sign on the car ( depends on each country's legislation ).
>you are meant to tell everyone that you are a noob at this and that you might make a mistake
>people usually keep distance from begginers and are usually more understanding towards them
>your speed limits are 20 kph lower than regular speed limits ( except for city )
>you are obliged to keep the sign for atleast 1 year.

Neat, I've lived in NJ all my life, and I've never heard of this. In my experience, it's anybody on their cell phone while driving that's the primary road hazard, which isn't only limited to young drivers.

>your speed limits are 20 kph lower than regular speed limits ( except for city )

Wow. That would not work in the USA because a lot of non-new drivers would complain to the government about such a law. That would basically turn cars with beginner signs into "Super Safe Drivers" which are hated for causing traffic jams or reducing total traffic throughput on the freeway.

>We do have it, at least in NJ.
I wish my state would get it. It would also add a psychological compulsion for the driver to appreciate that driving is a privilege. From my experience in parking lots, the sloppy drivers that hit other cars in the parking lot are the teen drivers.