mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

Free day of premium time:
mwomercs.com/profile/redeem
Redeem Code: JAN2017FPT

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=118&l=7001032551b8628acfb9dc58b42646fd009d2ba4
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=270&l=fa1ff908fe3cc2f6a73639163358ffd835bf8ba7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
umm no sweetie.. switch it to HOW MANY are playing. Living Legends is back baby.

2nd for King Cataphract
Im actually surprised how tanky it is with its armour buff
Feels like Im using an assault

Grow up, little girl

>check thread
>more LL shitposting

We get it.

/r/ing the old Ilya Muromets video where kong is 3 UAC/5'ing everybody to Paint it Black

Is this a good Battlemaster setup?
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=118&l=7001032551b8628acfb9dc58b42646fd009d2ba4

whats with the rockstar energy drink camo

threadly reminder that pigs fear the wandering samurai

Any game that sometimes has more active servers than active players needs checking

>Only 1 Australian server
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

I'm just glad it seems to always have two full servers at any given time (maybe growing?). Its a good break from MWO but I still need both in my life. I like to customize my mechs, but the bigger battlefields and earning your mechs/vehicles through damage and objectives is fun. I feel like I can relax a bit in LL and enjoy myself. TFW you longtom that extended-range lrm boat in one shot. Or anything for that matter...

Uac20 + 3 small lasers good for an adder?

2uac2 adder is fun
2erppc + flamer also good

Ive never understood flamers and their affect on heat efficiency
If I remove the flamer it buffs it up by like 0.4
So do other weapons suffer because you bring a flamer?

Heat efficiency goes by if you're firing everything at the same time, I believe. So, going by the heat management thing's rules, yes.

Is anyone else having super annoying stutter issues on the main menu?

Are there any meta builds that pretty much never overheat?

Never seemed to have the boom I thought It'd have.
I like my
D: 4 med pulse + 1 ER sml
and
A: 2 streak 6 + 2 streak 4 + 1 ER med

I now have 130 front CT armour on my HGN-732, I still dont feel like its enough.

What's a good ballistic mech that isn't an assault?

You'll niggas wish you were as pimpin as me.

Warhammer, Hunch 2C, Niggyr

I swear, the longer I leave the mechlab up, the more fucked up everything gets

Outside of dual gauss or ppc poptarts, not really. If you aren't at risk of overheating then you probably aren't bringing enough firepower.

>kong

nice toaster resolution

lol, I didn't know piggy was this inept at coding

i've only seen the nigger and hellbringer do the torso thing so far

I'm really miffed about the grind for C-Bills otherwise this game would be okay but progression takes forever.

The game would be great and not much of a hassle if the grind was retarded.
I put it on the World of tanks/War of the Roses level of grind

>World of tanks
lolno

You can get any robot you want on your very first day of playing the game. World of Tanks requires you to slog through a half dozen shitty tanks.

After that it still takes a super long time to get anything else though unless you want to buy cheaper mechs. Noobs also waste their cadet bonus on shit mechs/builds most of the time.

After getting to tier 6 on the british line, i fucking uninstalled that shit
I dont mind the grind in games, but wot is disgusting

Imagine if you had to play shitmechs like the Commando, Kintaro and Ice Ferret back to back just to graduate into the good Mechs...!

Agreed. I also don't like that, especially given how long it takes to grind C-bills, that you're forced to buy certain things with MC. Things like camos, cockpit items, and other things like that. As someone with plenty of time to play but not enough money to spend on stupid F2P game cosmetic shit, I really like it when a F2P game allows you to have access to the same stuff that people who throw money at the game can get, except through normal gameplay and time. Unfortunately not many games do that, or do it in a way that makes it feasible.

least it's not warthunder grind

Thats like saying at least I'm not 1 year into cancer.

If someone started playing today, by tomorrow they could have two equipped timberwolves.

>tfw you started there was no free premium time, no tutorial money, no cadet bonus, no half off sale

therein lies the rub

no one wants to play timberwolves all the time despite how good they are

and trial mechs will never be good enough for people because you customize them

thank you for using the gargoyle my favorite shitmech but your loadout choice is questionable

Exactly, anyone complaining about the grind has no idea what they're talking about. Grind was real a year ago. Today there's no grind at all, you just play and it's easy.

>yfw the game will be even better in a few months when they remove the three mech requirement

Pure luxury

I could do that on a Lacerator. What an awful build

>Theres a grind
>But the grind is a lot better if you have fed the pig with premium time
>160k cbills with no premium time with 500 damage
>280k with premium
Really tickles my pickle

208,000 if you play the pity hero Centurion

2017, the year of the robot

>tfw 14 lance in formation count at end of game
Now if only I could get people to co-operate like this more than once a day.

Even the Spurgoyle's best build is literally a big shitty Nova.

Should I just make a new account for the cadet bonus?

What for? every account that isn't beta already got it's cadet bonus.

I'm new and I'm not sure if I wanted heavy or assault, assault just seems better.

New players shouldn't use Assaults

>assault just seems better

There's lot of shit assault pilots who are new who think that way.

The recommended mechs to start with are mediums and heavies. The reason for this is you learn to play correctly, ie. stick with a group, focus fire on targets, learn to torso twist, maneuver tactically to avoid being flanked or rushed.

Assaults require knowledge of the game to use correctly. Anyone who can't consistently do at least 500 damage in an assault is fucking over their team and needs to go back to the academy.

There's basically two assaults (variants, not even chassis) in the game that are actually decent. All the other assaults are just shitmechs that perform mostly because everyone is retarded.

I dunno I'm just tier 4 pilot but it seems like the meta is 'group up the most and obliterate people who dare poke' and then with the number advantage you just steam roll.

>warthunder grind
>any where near as bad as wot
You can literally play any tank/plane in a nation and earn experience to unlock any other tank/plane of that nation, on top of being able to one shot shit that's higher battle rating than you if you know where to aim. Shit is light years ahead of wot grind, and taking 12 shots to fucking kill something two tiers above you.

What's a realistic amount of damage one should be looking to put out per game? Don't give me any of those bullshit meme answers, just looking to see what's average

500 with at least one KMDD.

Depending, on assaults and heavies if you cant break 250 damage you shouldnt be using them
For shitmechs its expected to get under 200 damage but still bad

So 130 front CT armour on a huelander still ends up melting just as fast as before.

How do we fix best assault?

Fix jumpjets
Rescale it

explain? Source?

bamp

There's a new skill tree in the works, which will replace the current basic/elite/mastery system in place now. One of the confirmed things to be removed is the 3 mech requirement for maxing mech skills.

Module Tax Returns and Mech Skill Tree

>think the dragon looks great

>everyone says it's complete shit

;~;

Nah, the dragon is ok now that it got armor everywhere.

>only 1 australian server
Sold!

>battle_tech_gundam_online.webm

how cheeky is ppc thunderbolt with their high mounted hard points

best hill humper or is blackjack better?

Best ppc hillhumper is HBKIIC

Does it matter what TBR I get between A/C/D (the 1E CT ones)? I want to make a brawler and or laser vomit Timmy.

Also what does 4ASRM6 look like on a Timbuktu? Like, visually, is it cancer or kind of cute/tolerable?

but it doesn't have PPC quirks

Doesn't matter. Has very high mounts and jjs. You can stick enough heatsinks and a targeting computer to get strong results.

Can clam Hunch do Dakka well?

if you like ultra ac2's heck yes

>you will still need multiple mechs if you ever want to run different builds on the same chassis

hope you didn't sell ur robuts

I've been having a lot of success with x2 EPPC and x1 Gauss Rifle on my Ebon Jaguar.

Depends on chassis and role. Anywhere from 300-600 I guess.

rip

You're not going to like this answer, but it depends on your team composition, your build, the mode, and the enemy team composition and skill level, also the length of the game.

300 damage with a pinpoint damage mech is much different than 300 damage with a laser vomit mech.

300 PPFLD is multiple dead or at least opened components. 300 laser damage could be insignificant if spread across multiple mechs.

1k+ PPFLD is extremely good, and basically a solo team kill no matter how shitty your aim was.

1k spread damage can be just as good, but is much more dependent on player skill in aiming full duration. 1k damage poorly aimed might be nothing if spread across the entire enemy team.

Here is an example of an extremely good match with 4x ERLL hellbringer. Not only is it an ace, but the 6 KMDD is significant, for 928 long duration laser damage.

More average is like 500-600 with a 2-3 kmdd, assuming I survive the whole game and play conservatively.

and here is an example of a high damage game where I had extremely shitty aim

1700 damage with only 4 kmdd with large pulse lasers is so bad that it almost looks like I was farming damage on purpose

basically your damage number alone doesnt matter

your damage divided by your KMDD is a better way to gauge your effectiveness

Does it matter where I install MWO online from?

Whoops. MWO. Meant from steam or just the microsoft.net shit.

Doesn't really matter unless you want to buy Steam packs, which you shouldn't want since they're bad deals

pretty sure the steam packs just give you a redeem key?

Hey, /KONG/, i just a Adder, how do i get good in it?
Prime for life?
5 MEDPULSES?
SRM24 and a flamer?

Thou should ask GONK for clantech suggestions.

Two ER PPCs and maintain 8/8 pods for PPC quirks

So I just installed the portal, but how the fuck do I play the game?

Dual ERPPC or dual UAC/2.

If its the first game - you just walk where you're supposed to, in a couple levels you'll be taught.

>event going on
>706 In-Game
AHAHAHAHA
Fucking RIP

No, I figured out the issue, apparently i have to patch the game before i can launch it.

Filthy steambirth.

It doesn't really, but the D already has some omnipods you'll need for the brawler.
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=270&l=fa1ff908fe3cc2f6a73639163358ffd835bf8ba7

The visuals of the missileboxes are alright, for MWO standards.

Timber DELET THIS builds are great.
>the all medpulse build
>the x4 cssrm6 and meds
>can do the X3 larges and meds too

What's all this about modules and skills changing? Should I be spending my gxp or saving it?