Summer Veeky Forums projects?

Summer Veeky Forums projects?

Once the bike I'm currently working on is done next comes this, 2011 Chev Silverado LTZ.. with 3.73 gearing under the hood is an L9H.

A fourth generation small block chev, aluminum block, aluminum heads, 403/417 hp /ft-lb tq from factory.. thanks to a GM cock up the market is flooded with factory superchargers from other LS engines that required an aftermarket coupler letting a fella supercharge for under $2K.

What are you wrenching on this summer?

Bump?

1979 ferd. Been at it 5 years now, working at body and paint now, shooting to have it finished this summer

Op here, not a Ferd guy but damn can I ever appreciate a pre-80's automotruck being fixafuckafied. The squareness of them is the beauts.

I'm getting a turd gen Firebird this spring/summer. Got $4500 saved up, just waiting for it to warm up a bit

Someone once made a joke about those being highschool cruisers/molester mobiles and I can never fucking unsee it.

turbo busa. not kidding. stage 1 bolt on literally gets me to 315whp. some engine work can easily double that.

then i can watch you kids clamor over muh 300hp shitboxes

I'm about to buy my Uncle's old 1974 Ford F100 (Ranger XLT) and have it shipped all the way here pretty soon. Gonna have to replace the Rear dif, engine mounts, and drive shaft. Also going to do a huge makeover in the cab, and repaint the whole body.. Going to be quite a summer.

(pic is not my Uncle's truck i'm buying, but it looks exactly like this)

I JUST got my first car and I'm feeling the bug so badly

I kinda wanna buy a Fiero or a Ford Probe with my more knowledgeable car friend and learn to work on cars AND drive manual with it and then take it to a track. Are these cars hard to work on?

I've always heard it's a redneck/mullet mobile

> mullet/molester

Didnt think the two were mutually exclusive. Nice trips, checked em for you.

The fiero's MR so that's a bit of an obstacle but not terrible

At least everyone won't think you're gay.

They'd be wrong tho

You want to find a fun car to work on?

Find an 80-81 gbody, a cutlass supreme would do you some good. They'll take anything from a Gen 1 sbc to a modern LS engine, they're RWD, and they are magnets for the poosay.

Is this one?

That is fucking majestic. Would very much like to drive this, and if it's more fun/easier to fix I'll very much consider starting here.

>those thicc tires

Yes, that's one, the g-body platform is your new god. I've got an 81 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 door in the shop right now getting ready to receive a 6.0L LS swap.

The holy gay grail of the gbody platform was the Buick Grand National in terms of looks in my opinion.

Doesn't matter though, they're all the same, body on frame, rwd, simple units made of blood, sweat and steel ready for your fabdick and motorswap.

Doesn't matter, perception = reality.

As for fun/easier.

It's body on frame so you can lift the body off to do any work on the frame/suspension/drivetrain you need, it's RWD so you have stupid amounts of transmission reardiff options, the engine bay is huge and accepts everything from early sbcs to modern LS engines, and the gbody being one of the most popular platforms of all time means the aftermarket is THICC and cheap.

Mini tubs are my fucking jam. Streetable with that pazz-fucking-zow.

>Chevy engine in an Oldsmobile
People unironically used to sue GM over this

\They also handle better than a lot of American contemporaries, swap parts with S-10's, and have a decent aftermarket all-around. Frames rot like a mother behind the rear wheels, but new halves are available.

my nigga

That's the main downside, but if you don't tint, then girls might see that you're white.

t. american junk bought by baby boomers

This will be getting a coolant flush, timing belt, water pump, and if I'm feeling frisky, a full KLZE swap and Megasquirt, I have a box full of bolt-on's for the V6, got legit Hotshot headers and Greddy SP2 exhaust, ported ZE manifold and a bunch of other small shit. 200whp here I come

What engines did most g bodies come with? I know the grand national had that turbo 3800

>80-81
nigga p much any rwd gm coupe or sedan or wagon from 79-89 or so would fit the bill. and cheaply

Mostly 305 SBCs, making the 350 a direct bolt-in.

>the engine bay is huge and accepts everything from early sbcs to modern LS engines
Real insightful plst

for v8 models usually the dogshit 305 (it is reliable i guess). some had meh 350s. some had 6s. point is they can all be modded or swapped cheaply and easily

Well fuck putting a 30 year old+ engine in a car that your father drove is still impressive. Those engine bays LOVE cheap ebay turbos since they've got as much space as a truck to make the piping work.

There isn't enough gay anons for gbodies in this thread, what the fucks happned?

gonna start a daily/time attack build of zzw30