/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

bludborn edishin

Nightmare Slain: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/aciddroppin/acid-droppin-insight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wheel is shit.

You've ruined the fucking thread.

I wish parrying wasnt so fucking arbitrary.

>want to use the Amygdalan Arm for my STR/ARC build
>hear its total shit

man, i just love its tricked mode

doll died
repost doll

ebin de doll, shud id pleez u ;D

I wish parrying wasn't so ridiculously OP

>amy arm
>shit

who told you that?

skill fag detected

xth for ORPHAN AT LEVEL 43 IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Simply ebin, I love it

For strength arc it's pretty bad unless he's 50/25 for some strange reason

;DDD
Love your shit, user

What

Want some help, user?

If I can't do this solo I don't deserve to karate chop fools to death in the forbidden woods

Let him sit in Twink Purgatory forever

Fuck gascoin, He's not hard nut he just magnetically track leaped me three times in a row. Why are shit design decisions like this allowed?

is it redundant to have one gem in my Whirly that does +10.6 Fire Atk and then another that does +9.8 Fire Atk? will that add up to +20 Fire Atk?

No, they stack, just like other gems.

Late, but are you still around, and would you mind sharing the glyph?

So it and boom hammer are basically the only weapons that are best with a 50/25 build?

73kiggxr, he is on the pre-lamp side area, and there is an arcane lake there.

>Get used to play at 60fps on PS4
>Go back to bloodborne
>Still able to parry gascoigne easily but his hits connect me after he gets parried

REEEEE fucking game stop dropping fps on me when it's necessary

Not sure, str/skl might serve better against most mobs not weak to arcane

He's you, but better. Soon, you will also get better. He's a taste of what YOU will become.

>being pretentious about it
I beat him easy afterwards. He's not hard his werewolf form and the area just work against you.

I've been going through the game with a converted stake driver on my arc build, but what else should I try? Or should I give the wheel a shot?

>tfw you can never get pregnant and have a kid naturally

There was nothing pretentious about that. It was encouraging, if anything.

>pretentious
Someone's flustered.

Amy arm would have been great for str/arc if it had higher arc damage but the talons did pure arc while the main weapon did physical

Found a 23.9% phys att, 5% vs open foes and -65 durability in the first ihyl root chalice dungeon I made. Is it shit? Are there more better ones? is 27.2% the only one worth? I figured what I found is a pretty good deal considering it dropped from beast possessed soul.

It's not bad, but Watcher gems just outclass it. 27.2% gems are the standard, but if you want a change in farming, you can get 24.8% +15 (Phys) Tempering Abyssals for a BLB (Head).
BPS have the same drop pool as Watchers, albeit with weaker primaries for the cost of secondaries.

FUCKING TONITRUS ALWAYS STARTS TO FUCKING BREAK AT THE WORST FUCKING TIMES

>Wanna play the expansion
>Didn't know if I made a new PSN I'd lose my save.
>Buy it for new account without realizing I'd lose the save.
>Don't feel like replaying as I was 80% done the game and a decent level as well as a good amount of Chalice dungeons done.
Well fuck me sideways I guess, I had no idea Sony would pull this shit. I expected worse but this is pretty annoying. I can get PSN+ for free for a few days if anyone wanted to give me a hand to run through the main game back to where I was again?

If you set you Playstation as the primary system for that account, your other account will be able to use any of its purchases

It's merely the fact I can simply transfer the save with USB flash drive or somethin' that ticks me off. I don't give a fuck about trophies I just wanted to play with my already decently built strength character.

what's the best gem you've ever gotten from watchers?

Mine is a triangle +27.2% Bolt UP with -10% Kin DOWN and I just got it today

it was exactly what I needed too

wouldn't beast down be better?

I'm a fan of +27.2% Fire up with -10% beast down myself.

Wait, how do I Wheel properly?

I thought I can rev it up or something?

>tfw just discovered the wonder and glory of forward+R2 with tricked weapon this week

>kin down
who cares, there are hardly any kin enemies even in the game.

For actual beast and kin bosses, I just use cramped casket cursed-beasthunter/kinhunter gems (+26.8%) on my Holy Moonlight Sword because they are like nourishing gems vs one enemy type, and 26.8& nourishings are powerful as shit on split damage

I'd definitely still use it; just not against strong beasts. Perfect 27.2%s of the exact damage type you want with the exact curse you want are a pain in the ass to get

not if I wanted to use it as a general purpose weapon

When 2h spam L2

just killed myself but this is fun, thanks

>play Bloodborne
>get so enraged I want to scream
>cant calm down
>have a glorious angerfap
>go back to Bloodborne

i cant be the only one

locate circle and press r1 after

>midgame fap to doll
>return to soothing music in the hunter's dream

Can the wheel's transformed R2 not backstab?

It cannot, correct. It does have a bit of multihit though.

What are you thoughts on the Saif? better than the Cleaver?

after you rev it up and can hit people like 10 times in what looks like just one hit

this is especially useful if you are trying to inflict poison in one or two attacks

>Saif
One of my favourite weapons. I love the moveset on both forms. Both are fantastic weapons in PVP and PVE. Cleaver's a bit more useful for the serrated bonus, but that only applies to its untricked form after all.

>Implying you would actually want children

I have a niece that's 2 years olds and my sister is already tired and constantly sounding like she regrets it

People who refuse to face reality in the eye can FUCK right off because the same thing happened to me when I was born and still to this day haunts me

Both are great in their own ways. They're about equal.

worth putting a Bolt gem in it?

Is it considered serrated?

Best moveset of any "saw" but kinda average damage. Probably the best against hunters in my opinion.

Yes if you're an Arc build, no.

Only the untricked Cleaver is serrated. If you're looking to convert, Spear makes a better weapon for serration on both forms. Preferably, convert it to Fire.
Saif is not serrated, is a great weapon nonetheless. Bolt Saifs are popular.

>not reproducing

what's even the point then

I ended up falling asleep so I don't know if this user is still around but if you are.

>And difficulty as you yourself said is subjective

That was the point I was trying to make to you. I thought you might start seeing once I showed you cases where Ludwig was harder so you could stop with the "objectively harder" bullshit.

So if you're finally admitting difficulty is subjective then we're done here

Daily Reminder

Easier not harder, sorry still sleepy

I will thought, and when that day comes that I hold a baby I will be like pic related I'm a man though

I just hate seeing parents treat their kids badly

Having a little trouble getting used to the Wheel, The hitboxes feel small and wonky and the tracking on its dodge attack is lacking. I guess I'll keep trying.

which of the below three weapons should I use with my Whirly for my 25-50 STR/ARC build:

>Amy Arm
>Saif
>HLMS

HMS or Saif, Amy Arm is not good for Arc builds. It needs 50 Str to be effective, 25 Skl would be a better investment than 25 Arc for it.

I dunno if any of you guys like ratchet dumbshit trap instrumentals, but I made this shit using samples from Micolash, Cleric Beast and the beckoning bell and you might enjoy it. Check it out :^)

soundcloud.com/aciddroppin/acid-droppin-insight

So has anyone found the use of the unnamed rune yet?

I've been spoiled by using almost exclusively the Axe my first playthrough. I want to deal with groups all at once, dammit.

nope, what's it called?

loss

tfw even in /bbg/ I cannot escape loss shit posting

>game about failed births, lost babies, fetuses and umbilical cords
>surprised someone made a loss joke

HoonterSmellingRedJelly.jpg
EpicNameBro.tiff

>making fun of ENB's wife's miscarriages
that's just in poor taste my man

>trying to force myself to like the wheel

>it's fucking miserable

the wheel is a just a meme propagated by the execucktioners

>complaining about poor taste
>on Veeky Forums

laughingirls.png

same with the chikagay by the vilecucks

I'd agree but since he trashed bloodborne and called it on-par with DaS2 ehh nah fuck enb

Oh yeah I forgot everyone on Veeky Forums always has to be needlessly edgy at all times.

Its hitbox is small, its swings are slow, its moves have zero adjustability or tracking, and its damage, at my level, nowhere near makes up for it.

>I'd agree but since he trashed bloodborne and called it on-par with DaS2 ehh nah fuck enb
source? I don't think he ever said that, infact I'm pretty sure that BB is one of his favorite games.

>complaining about edgy
>in Bloodborne General of all places

I didn't like the wheel either, but thankfully the investment is useful for the holy moonlight sword, which is the best weapon in terms of strength and versatility of every build I made.

This is made worse by the fact that I'm getting massacred by the very first enemies in the Hunter's Nightmare, those Beastcutter guys, who have enormous range, flexibility, and can turn 180 degrees to follow me.

The Wheel or the Chikage? This could be in reference to either one

kek that image is gold

>dark and grim setting = edgy
this is reddit logic, and I should know about logic, I'm a mathematician

It was on one of his podcasts,pretty sure it was just after DaS 3 launched and he said 3 supassed it and it was on par with 2.

Wheel. I'll keep it up but the temptation to just go back to Tonitrus is strong. At least then I got some crazy damage R1 spam to make up for the range.

It's obviously the Wheel, Chicago ain't slow and he mentioned the same things a couple posts up.

They say that ENB once met with Miyazaki and joked about how he didn't fall for any of the traps at Sens Fortress.
They also say every time ENB's wife has a misscarriage a great souls game/dlc is created.

post yfw Miyazaki is sacrificing ENB's children to the great ones in exchange for insight to make good games

His wife better get pregnant before Dark Souls 3's Rinnged City releases.

>implying it's the setting
That's the least edgy of all. Bloodborne has edge, but it's not out of place. That's why it works.

it's one of those very deliberate R2-centric heavy counterattack and baiting weapons. The only remotely-fast attack is the step/roll R1. If you are 25/50 and using nourishing gems on it, it will only be pretty good untricked, but will be great tricked. If you are 50/25 and using blunt gems on it, however, it will be great untricked but only pretty good tricked. The R1 chain can keep most enemies stunlocked, but the side/back-dash R1 attacks are all really slow and the transition attack from tricked to untricked isn't an attack

It's unique in that it is can actually make good use of poisoning secondary effects or even murky/dirty gems if you want to try and rely mostly on poison

where do you think you are

>sees the real workshop that the Hunter's Dream is based off
>no reaction

>sees Dark Souls 3 dark firelink shrine
>has a nerdgasm, calls it the best area in all the souls games and goes on about how "stupidly deep" the lore implications are
>dark firelink shrine is never actually explain

What a hack

The Wheel, like some other weapons, is mostly for novelty and gimmickry. It has a handful of useful features, especially against larger or slower bosses, but is something you would need to practice if you wanted to use it for PvP. While I greatly enjoy the Tonitrus (making a Spark Hunter just to use it more specifically), the Wheel should not be fully counted out.
While it's oversight on my part, he also responded to one about the Chikage, which can be hit or miss on some occasions. At least when I've used it