Audi

What are the pros and cons of Audi? Specifically the Audi A4, and the Audi A3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFlpwf82HO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pros
none
>cons
you're driving VAG parts bin trash for yuppie faggot cuckolds

just watch this video
youtube.com/watch?v=bFlpwf82HO8

>What are the pros and cons of Audi

The cons are that you could be driving a much better car (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW) with that money.

Good to see the anti-Audi autists are ready and waiting to jump on any Audi thread. Mommy giving you guys your meds on time?

This. Really. I work at an indy euro shop and it's like this Benz>BMW>Audi. Lexus is even better. If you are dead set on an Audi GET A WARRANTY and ditch it the day it runs out. Le VAG is bad is not a meme

>pros
handing, quattro
>cons
parts made of liquid shit remaining in a solid state just long enough to escape warranty
slow

>pros
luxurious, looks amazing inside and out, has a surprising amount of performance for a 4 door daily.
>cons
Maintenance can be expensive especially if you get past 50k miles. If you get the car on a lease (you definitely should) then this isn't a con and you don't have anything to worry about.

Pros (of the a4): Muted style compared to all the other angry cars.

Cons: understeer, shitty haldex awd, no manual trans in the usa

Pros of the A3: none.

Cons of the A3/S: badgewhore lease special, no manual trans, people should just get a Golf/GTI/R

Pretty much the Acura of German luxury without the reliability

FWD shitboxes with leather and sometimes fake AWD

Audi is in that fucked up spot where theyre not cheap enough to be smart to buy yet not luxurious enough to stand a chance against lexus/mercs/bmws. Also A3 is literally a golf with some chrome and a different badge.

>pros
VW parts, should be plentiful in junkyards

>cons
Retarded engine position on A4 and up (ahead of the front axle) resulting in nothing but understeer, VAG reliability, costs the same as a Merc/BMW/Lexus which incidentally are all vastly superior in every single way

Audis are shit

Haldex fwd
Shit reliability
Slow
No manuel at all

Audis are so boring.

The most interesting thing at the Audi Forum in Neckarsulm is the cappuccinos that they make the rings in.

How safe it is to say that none of the VAG shitposters here has ever touched a VAG product newer than 15 years old. Let alone actually owned a fucking Audi ever. I've had 5 audis. Ranging from 11 to 3 years old. Like any other brand it boils down to how they have been treated. If you buy your car from mostafa bin racekardrivor it doesnt matter what brand it is, the car will be in a shitty condition. I really like Audi. I also like VW, Land rover, Nissan, Toyota, and a few things from BMW and Mercedes.

As to answer your question OP. The A4 can be a great car. It has a decent space inside, and comes with a wide range of options to choose from. The A3 i really dont like that much. I mean if you get a good engine and quattro i will probably be a funny car, but it wont ever compete with the A4. Also Haldex

audi a shit

>Retarded engine postion on A4 and up

This was changed back in 2008 nigger, which is 9 years ago. I swear to god you guys only touch old pieces of shit.

Kek'd

thank you Veeky Forums

t. I, whom have never owned anything but a bus pass.

At least my bus is RWD ;>)

A4 and up come with torsen
Reliability is very good
Theyre fast if youre not a broke nigger
You must be mixing up merc and audi

Although i dont care what specs audi throws over to you guys in burgerland. No auto maker in any other corner of the world with their head on straight would give a shit what they throw over to murica. Everyone know you guys will buy all kinds of crapshit anyways.

Why would you want RWD compared to all wheels being driven? And its not your bus, although mommy tells you to remember "your" bus every morning.

>Reliability is very good

>all wheels being driven

>implying audis arent FWD haldex

>Pros
Handling, luxury, handsome looking cars compared to other angry German cars. Interior space is good, even the A3 is good.

>Cons
Reliability, lack of manuals, pricing; very similar to comparable German competitors.

>Opinion
Don't. Get a Merc or Beemer. If you're insistent, buy an A4 Quattro. At least, it isn't a Golf in a fancy frock

It will start to break down once your warranty is up.

>what is consumer report rankings

You can get the new A4 in stick, I work at an Audi dealer and we just had 5 come in yesterday.

>very similar to comparable German competitors.
That's what drove me away from buying a BMW, Mercedes or Audi sedan. They are all just the same for the most part.

Used to own a Golf MK6 before ditching it for the new turbocharged Civic. The dual clutch tranny is nothing but trouble, I swear I'm not touching their shit again anytime soon.

Nough

-Pros
>gorgeous looking
>AWD
>currently don't pay their roastie workers as much as their male workers
>absolutely fucking gorgeous looking

-Cons
>expensive for level of performance
>no RWD offerings if that's what you're looking for

>>AWD

heh

> Cons
It's an audi
> Pros
Everyone can see how big an asshole you are.

This

Everytime I see an audi in the parking lot I key it.

>pros
everyone will know you're a dickhead so they'll know who to avoid (hint: it's you)

>cons
literally everything else you fucking cuck

Pros: makes pussy's wet, pretty comfy, stylish
Cons: expensive for what it is (you can buy a Mercedes or BMW for the same price), least reliable luxury brand, performance is pretty lacking on lower end models

>Lexus is even better.

Topkek

B-b-b-but Veeky Forums said...

>A4 and up come with torsen

Not for long :^)

lol i will never get sick of reading through an audi thread on Veeky Forums. 'audi is an overpriced vw' guy is the most dedicated poster i think i've ever seen on Veeky Forums. dude's ready to post in audi threads at the drop of a hat and is absolutely relentless in the face of all logic and reason. i can only imagine the kind of childhood trauma he had to endure to get to this point.

godspeed overpricedvw guy, godspeed.

>BMW for the same price

Why downgrade? Audi's are way nicer inside.

>One guy
>Not just a general Veeky Forums opinion

No, the most dedicated piece of shit is falcunt, thankfully he's usually contained in that shitty ausfail thread.

You could buy an Audi, sure, but those are for normal people without mental health issues or have had minor convictions in the past for drug trafficking. What you should want is something that is as eccentric as you are (or what you should strive to be). You should get a Nissan Juke Nismo. Its faster than coastal erosion, it has sort of recaro seats and you can't tell what are your headlights from looking at it!

its only a 'general Veeky Forums opinion' because the OG audi hater has been shitposting about them long enough to delude people into believing him.

what did he mean by this

Honestly I just bought a BMW (e92 335i specifically) and Audi might be a bit more comfortable, but if you're looking for exclusively luxury then Lexus and MB has it beat, reliable luxury? Lexus. BMW's more a balance of luxury and 'sportiness' so it's easily more fun to drive than its competition

kek

you people who slap a bunch of shitty mods on A4s are the worst

I agree, they should be crucified for wasting even more money on their VW's

lol you have the same wheels as me and youre giving me crap for my 'shitty mods'

ps my car is faster than yours ;)

12 seconds is fast now?

its faster than 13 seconds lol

and with half the cylinders lmao

>pop your hood
>stock engine

>pros
It's a good car and has good steering I'd get another one too, but get a bigger engine.
>cons
Not many really. I haven't needed a lot of service so it's been mostly pain-free.

I'm bummed that Audi changed the A4 and removed the choice of a plain manual transmission and added a lot of technology to it and raised the base price past my original purchase price.

I just want a simple and fast AWD car that can stick to the road.

Source: my 11 year old B7 A4

>stock engine
yea bro stock af

Alright I'll bite, I have a 99 A4, let me explain.

>Shit leather
Audi leather and leather varients are fucking terrible, its too tight and too thin so it cracks way sooner then you would expect even if taken care of
>Shit electronics
The connections on the side airbag were the first to fail, followed by the truck sensor, power windows, dash backlighting, sunroof, and power locks. The MAF died and so did the starter. The hazard light switch died and the hazards wouldn't stay off so I had to pull the fuse.
>Safety
VAG brake lines are shit and WILL fail on you in spots its tough to see, happened to me. Various safety nonsense like rear seat occcupancy sensors will go out and set off your alarm. This happened to me but the alarm was broken already.
>Preformace
AWD is shit unless you need to get going on ice, it's heavy so the car understeers like a motherfucker and chuggs fuel.
>Mechanical
Past warranty you are fucked. You will have to buy and fix everything yourself. A new starter plus labor was quoted 500$ at a dealer. At some point, your timing belt will break and cause hundreds of dollars in bent valves. Someone installed the wrong pulley and it caused the serpentine belt to shred and work its way past the cheap piece of plastic covering the belt and fucked it all up. Replacing this requires a complete removal of the front of the car. The bumper will never go back on straight as its mounting brackets get bent.

As soon as you fix all of this.
Every other sensor will fail and your car will not rev past 500rpm. It will also not tall to any vag com's or scanners.

I sold it for a M2 in November. It's ok to be triggered though

lol my dude idgaf what you drive, good for you. youre the one who cared enough about my car to make a post trying to insult me for it.

I just took a look and Audi did start to offer new A4's with six speeds, so that's not as bad. I guess it's easier to introduce with automatics first, then add manuals later.

>wow, my 18 year old car had some things fail because I clearly didn't keep up with regular maint, therefore all Audis are shit!

nice, you do your car work on your prayer mat

>no RWD offerings if that's what you're looking for
>no RWD
>If that's what you're looking for
>If

good bait you almost had me, the trolls of today are very subtle these days

>Pros
Stupid people will think you're rich
>Cons
You support feminism
You give money to people pushing a false agenda of a wage gap.

Old thread but I'm bored. I'll give the opinion of someone that has owned an Audi as new and from recent years (althought it was the previous gen).
It's an A4 2015.

>Pros
Quality. Interior feels better than similar gen Mercs and BMWs imo (have a Merc from the same era, driven BMW from the same time).
I know it's just VAG and that's it, but seriously, absolutely everyone adores the interior of this A4 (it's a top of the line A4 interior though).
Warranty. Audi gives you a bumper to bumper, 4 year or dunno how many miles warranty that covers everything. All services within the 4 years or the miles noted are free. So under warranty and covered by the standard services, it's stupid easy to own.
Handles pretty well for a FF car.
Looks. In general, people love how it looks compared to a similar gen sedan.
Comfort. Not as good as the Merc desu but I do enjoy riding the audi, it gliiiiides.
Price. Cheaper than a similar Merc or BMW.
>Cons
Tranny. For some reason that gen still had the CVT, I didn't bother to check and thought it was a DSG but it turned out to be a shitty CVT. It's lame, doesn't really save gas better, doesn't really pull and I expect it to die after warranty is over.
Engine. It's a lame VAG turbo i4. Slow. Feels fast inside, but it's actually slow if you have driven faster cars.
Body. It's basically a long Golf, literally. Why is this a con? because:
Understeer, oh boy do you feel it in the highway... I mean, it is safe and planted and you won't die. But you feel it.
Interface. If you thought BMW's was shit, Audi's is shittier. Dunno how they do it since the VWs have good consoles.

>Other thoughts
Girls like how it looks, really. But guys LOVE it. Seriously, friends and dudes I know absolutely love how it looks.
Take that as a pro or con.

It's not perfect but it's a good car. A japanese car makes more sense, but the germans make good looking cars with great interiors. Never without warranty.

Half of your cons are your own fault for buying a non-quattro Audi. The CVT only came with the FWD versions with the transverse i4, and they understeer even worse than normal.

Next time don't cheap out by buying the lowest possible trim you can find.

You will spend every weekend at the garage

>pro
You now own the roads in snowy climates, outperforming 99% of the vehicles on the road.

Honestly, living in the Midwest is the only reason why I've seriously considered purchasing an Audi. If I lived down south or where it never snowed, I'd buy a BMW.

>A4
>transverse engine
What

>A4
>Haldex
When will this meme end?

Only the TT and A3 get Haldex "Quattro"

Every other Audi gets real Quattro

nope

>its only a 'general Veeky Forums opinion' because the OG audi hater has been shitposting about them long enough to delude people into believing him.
you've described literally every board on Veeky Forums

This isn't the 1980s anymore, get off my board old man.

>Audi announced "Audi Quattro with Ultra Technology" in February 2016, it is a front-wheel drive biased system for use on platforms with longitudinally mounted engines, and shares much in common with their Haldex based systems.
well shit

Older audis had reliability problems (electrical). The newer ones are built far better. Had a bmw before and it was a nightmare esp after warranty. the audi feels like it's built better than bmw, but I still want another bmw down the road.. M2.

yes

only S and RS models will use Torsen and by the next generation they'll probably say some bullshit like "there's no noticeable difference" so they can go longitudinal Haldex on every car they make

Not confirmed by Audi, all you're saying is just pure speculation. The day the A4 does not come with the option of Torsen AWD, you'd fucking know browsing Audizine and/or world.

build quality. or lack of

Cons: everything

The great german reliability, the great tfsi engines drinking oil like whores

VAG cars owners: top cucks of the earth

As soon as I got €4K to spend im getting myself an old nice optioned, first owner A4 imported from Germany, Less then 125k KM on the clock manual and gas.

Samefag poorfag, do you seriously have nothing better to do? Go back to cleaning your fucking cavalier.

I bought it because it was a last year model they still had as new (so it would get the full warranty and services).
This model was a weird mix of having the 1.8T and the S-Line trim.

I was looking for a cheap car at the time, I was considering from 'murican to yuro stuff. Budget was 15k and well, the A4 in this weird config was 15k so I took it.
And again, I had no idea the CVT was used at all, so I didn't even check the tranny in the spec sheet, and I didn't notice it during the test drive.

Why are you here defending a useless brand, is your """"premium German luxury car"""" in the shop because it broke again or something?

>useless brand
You're hilarious.

And no, I just bought some VAG stock after dieselgate, that is all.

most of this was after ~5 years. i bought the car in 2006.

the piece of shit is hopefully in a scrap heap by now where it belongs.