/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 26th:
1564 – The Council of Trent establishes an official distinction between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism.
1565 – Battle of Talikota, fought between the Vijayanagara Empire and the Deccan sultanates, leads to the subjugation, and eventual destruction of the last Hindu kingdom in India, and the consolidation of Islamic rule over much of the Indian subcontinent.
1885 – Troops loyal to The Mahdi conquer Khartoum, killing the Governor-General Charles George Gordon.

>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 17/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-17th-of-january-2017.994909/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposters.

>shitposters
>not shitposting
kys

fuck off
sage

You can't report people, you can only report their posts.

Stop making threads 25 posts early, you fucking nigger.

>cheating
Only valid way is to use yesman to get a white peace

We are reaching a whiteness level unknown until now.

Pretty based desu

>another epic infopic edit with weebshit and grammatical errors
Fuck off

Actual thread

Thoughts?

I tried to make a thread with updated "this day in history," but I fucked up and forgot to change the date to the 27th even though the events are right. I wish I could just delete it, but of course Hiro doesn't allow me to delete my own threads. And by the time I posted it this thread was already up, so it's really useless now.

So if you see the thread with the Song dynasty shit in the header, please just ignore it. I hope it gets deleted by a janitor and that I don't get banned.

>japano-german hybrids
where do i sign

That's pretty disgusting but honestly India should have been split between France and Britain, and China and Japan should have been colonized by someone

aesthethic

Russia should have China and Japan (those countries are so stupid I don't really get why they exist desu)

India should have had cultural dominion over at least one European country, to give Christianity a contender without mixing genes.

ye
>Russia should have
no fuck you

Here's the autistic backstory:
>During the Middle Ages a deadly plague spreads across Eastern Europe, devastating areas of Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and Poland. One of the groups which survived remarkably well were the Teutonic Order and the German settlers of the Baltic, referred to by their history henceforth as the Teutons, who overtime expanded into and (partially)colonized European Russia before moving into Siberia (in this world called Tartary or Tartarei in German). By the mid 1700s the recently unified German Empire (unified largely thanks to the ambitions and superior manpower of the Teutons) stretches from Alsace to the Pacific Ocean. Their last major threat to their dominion over Asia was the Chinese Ming Empire. However, China had recently begun to fall into chaos, as the Ming dynasty collapsed earlier than in our timeline and the lack of a clear heir resulted in a slow decline into anarchy. Those in the courts of the contenders who expressed concern that the northern barbarians were becoming surprisingly and dangerously well armed fell on deaf ears as the pretenders started to court German power in the hopes of securing their own position. Thus, Germany was dragged into the developing quagmire of China, playing court against court and would-be-emperor against would-be-emperor. Over the next century various areas of China came under German protection in a process the British East India Company would be impressed by until, in the 1880s, the last independent Chinese realm, the southern Long Empire, fell to German invasion over accusations of sponsoring partisan activities in the German sphere.

1/2

Tbh Russia should have Mongolia, Manchuria, Korea, Shakalin and Hokkaido. Formosa, Kyushu and the other jap island should go to the Dutch and the rest of Japan to Spain or Portugal. China should be colonized by everyone Africa style

>With the fall of the Long the whole of China had come under German rule. This rapidly became too hard to manage as a whole and in response the lawmakers in Konigsberg drafted the Declaration of the Ten "Governates" (a word developed in this timeline), which divided German China into ten smaller regions named after their capital city whose governments were separate from the various vassals and protectorates of the German Far East. The Ten Governates would remain until the 20th century, where growing nationalist uprisings eventually toppled German rule in China and later elsewhere in the vast empire. One remarkable feature of the German Empire was its strong multi-ethnic component. There were never as many German settlers in Tartary than Russians in Siberia, so they made far more extensive use of native populations of both Eastern Europe and Central Asia. In governing China Germans stood in service alongside not only Poles, Ukrainians, Georgians and Russians, but Turkemens, Mongols, Manchurians, Koreans, Kazakhs and even Yakuts as well. It is often said that the German Empire was not so much German as it was Germans sitting on top of the vast ethnic groups under their rule and nowhere was this more apparent than in China.

Make the eagle white and make the disc/eagle smaller

Dude, calm down. I only said Russia because of geographical location.

>without mixing genes

Playing Bavaria in HPM, what does my "Nationalize the Industry" decision do? It doesn't actually say anything other than that it "nationalizes the industry"

What effects does that give?

This should be the OP pic

Based Erdogan

why don't I enjoy video games anymore?

Based Janny

now all we need is the commies

>>

because you are growing up, living the craddle

I know, I got the same feeling. I just don't know where to go from here.

t. /gsg/ when?

wew, they really want to know it now.

I swear I've seen that house before. It's freaking me out.!

>Grandi Strategy General

When other nations build factories on your territory, they use their own technology instead of your nation's. When you nationalize them, it normalizes this and all factories start using your nation's techs.

haven't played in grand strategy in a year

Any good expansions come out lately?

This also makes the nation that originally built the factories in your territory to lose all of their industry score coming from foreign investiment in your country.

nope

ck2 with pops and strategic materials when

NWO mod is the best grand strategy experience to come out since then.

I had the same reaction.
I think it's just a common floorplan for shitty apartments.

Do they still get a free CB to puppet you like in Vanilla?

How can I tell what nations own what factories? What makes other nations build factories in your states? I don't think I've ever had that happen before, but I've only played as America and Prussia before so this is the first game where I'm paying close attention to my industry.

They fixed Stellaris, it's now actually___________________________________j/k

The lack of a space before your spoiler gave it away.

It actually has a lot of potential. My biggest problem is the massive slowdown because there's just so many fucking pops. Other than reducing the amount of pops I'm not sure how to solve the issue though.

Separate question though lads, playing as the UK in victoria 2 zombie mod with anons improvements and I need suggestions on who to save.

India is currently safe, have a 33k stack on every border province (using the uncrossable himalayas to my advantage) and 2 extra armies in India to help with any depleted armies.

I've got 6 33k stacks from the UK mainland, building 2 more. With those 6 I could defend most of Italy (3 province stretch along ferrara-modena) and most of greece (3 province stretch right where it bumps up against albania) or I could defend all of italy with the 6 stacks using the alps to fill gaps.

I'm also trying to figure out how to save iberia, France gave me military access so if I can squeeze out one more stack before zombies override europe I can protect iberia from the french side of the pyrennes where there's a 3 province stretch.

What do lads??

pic related, it's me as I watch China's population turn into zombies

I know, the spoiler was on another line in the box so I didn't realize I had backspaced until after I posted

>Other than reducing the amount of pops
You could probably make 1 POP = 100 people without needing to change all that much.

Also, one problem that makes it a bit shit is soldiers, the pops always cluster in a single province in a state (making raising 50 brigades from that one province literally decades) and non-accepted cultures never promote to soldiers/can only be trained as shitty infantry so minority majority countries get a bit shafted.

I actually like the soldiers clustering in one province of a state, especially for the modern setting of NWO, but they need to decrease the build time of units by half or more.

Yeah honestly removing a 0 at the end of every pop number would do wonders. Reducing the number of people a unit requires would also be good. Not sure if you can individually change brigades to be like a brigade of jets is just 300 jets while still having a brigade of motorized infantry be 3000

Has HoI4 v1.3 fixed the stuff of the earlier versions?

-naval invasions
-naval bombers
(those aren't necessarily important)
-factory retention does it actually work?
-AI in general

Last time I saw that posted it started a commie shitstorm.

>I actually like the soldiers clustering in one province of a state
Sometimes they end up in the province with the best RGO though. Tb h though I do wish troops in vicky were just raised on a per-state level, it would cut out a fair bit of micromanagement autism.
>individually change brigades to be like a brigade of jets is just 300 jets while still having a brigade of motorized infantry be 3000
If you factor in non-combat support personnel that's not something that is worth messing with, even if it were possible

How fucked am I?

Sorta new to the game, is there any way in EU4 for me to view what an opposing AI controlled country's diplomatic reputation is?

No stop asking.

Hoi4 is like Eu4. No amount of dlc and patches will truly fix it.

why?
>muh raycissm
can't make jokes about black people unless you are black.
Oh wait my father got an high melanin content :^) check your privilege I guess
carefully not mentioning I'm not from the US

Mongolia is white and based.

>my father got an high melanin content
>I'm not from the US
Genuinely interested in your race and nationality now.

>spoiler
t. Nonwhite >American hoping he won't get deported/gassed by based Drumpf

Zombiemod guy here, can you show your world so far? Do you have any suggestions for the mod? I plan on making events to give human countries military access to certain nations if they start getting infected for the next version.

>Zombiemod guy here
Doesn't that shit already exist since like a year ago? What makes yours different?

>"At last", he sighed heavily, "Peace, in the North American continent!"

>No New Amsterdam
Medium-tier

Redpill me on why Carlist Spain is more based than normal Spain because desu I don't like the flag that much

pls reply ;_;

Anyone?

>What makes your different
Well, so far I've:
>Fixed zombie expansion events so now every major country has to deal with them in some way
>Started on refugee events for certain pops in certain regions to flee to areas
>Made it easier for AI to save provinces from zombies, most countries still die though
>Added pop growth decisions and events for all nations to repopulate the world
>Added decisions to increase immigrant attraction if you are zombie free during the plague
>Added new decisions for suspending the government (Old state of emergency broke the game most of the time)
>Fixed the ctds the version HPM had when trying to use decisions
>Countries now turn to wasteland if they get low on pops (sub 100 in capital)
>Life rating can come back in some provinces
>Countries can actually "lose" to zombies (It was in the base mod but the event was impossible to fire)
>General fixes

I plan to add more as well, such as a Babist civil war in Persia and another, seperate African plague in the 1890s

Incompetence like this should be illegal.

>chiraq
>Amerikanisher VolkstBstaat
ok

>>chiraq
Don't even know what you were shooting for here
>>VolkstBstaat
How hard is it to google German double s?

seven, wow

Anybody?

Chiraq is a reference to Chicago being full of African Americans and Caucasians from the Middle East (The "Iraq" part of the portmanteau refers to the country Iraq)

You can't but you can guess if your nation doesn't have a lot of capitalists, and generally nations will only invest on you if they're trying to sphere you.

>reminder to report and ignore shitposting
>his smug ass face
Lost.

there were also ones on /pol/, Veeky Forums, and /mlp/

Install an image program that's not MS paint, you nigger.
>that imperial japanese communist byzantium one

doesn't fucking count retard

>Install an image program that's not MS paint, you nigger.
no

Well I have photoshop but I'm not gonna open that up when I just need to fill in a few colours for comparison.

>were
>>/pol/109326326

Fuckin spoonfeed me, google wasn't turning up anything.

My save was in 1848 and the mysterious plague event hadn't fired yet (forgot that the older version is bugged where it tries to fire event 990000002 instead of 990002 or w/e)

I manually fired the plague event when I started with your update and then it fired again on it's own a few days later. It's only 1855. I'll post an update at 1860 after the plague has had a chance to wreck some countries besides china

FUCK

Pedobear is still funny after all these years.

are we still not allowed to talk about hoi4

and /x/

I first thought the white eagle would be a good idea but looking at the mockup it makes it look too P*lish.

that's his distant cousin, spurdo sparde you meme illiterate tard

now spoonfeed me like I asked :^)

How can I invest in nations a great power? Since I can usually manage to get Bavaria to be a great power before 1850

is lucky star /gsg/?

Lucky Star is unwatchable

>he doesnt pronounce the n in government

>1848
Oh shit, in my mod the plague dies off in 1851, meaning that it won't go anywhere past there. You might have to start a new save, I didn't expect anyone to start past 1840.

Everything was going so well. Had slaughtered hundreds of thousands of zombies, usually in 30k to 40k stacks. Then what I'm assuming are zombies from China's most populous provinces started rolling up.

After a couple years of fending off zombies most of my troops in this area have at least 3 stars experience + the mountains + level 3 forts. Generals are okay, no super great ones. Still even with inflicting 5,000 to 9,000 casualties for every 50 I take I think I might get overwhelmed if there's too many more. I have more stacks on the other side of India protecting the pakistan flank but if I take them away the zombies will start to pour in and I'm not sure if I have a better chance playing whack a mole than this because they'll inevitably manage to occupy a few provinces and start getting reinforcements from them.

Might abandon greece and ship 3 more armies to India from Europe.

Interesting sidenote, because I've taken the brunt of the chinese zombie horde most of siberia is still owned by Russia, although they are slowly losing it. Austria has been completely overrun but Germany united so Europe will be interesting in the next decade.

What mod?

Dies off in 1851 by event? I can just change the date to 1861 or something. I thought the zombie plague was supposed to end when there were no more zombie occupied provinces and the zombies had been wiped out/no countries had the zombie outbreak modifier.

Lucky Star borders on 4X but yes, I would say it does qualify