MUSTANG GENERAL - GM FAGS BTFO

Mine

Hey guys, pic related is me. I want a mustang but im afraid ill ruin the seat if I sit in one cause im slightly overweight. Can anyone tell me if the seat will be fine?

You're honestly probably the perfect body type for a Mustang seat. The bolsters might actually hold you in place.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT completely stock right now.
I want to make it faster, but also want to make it aesthetic as fuck.

Specifically I want a loud as fuck exhaust, dark tint everywhere and black wheels.
Where should I start and how much can I expect to spend?

Catless X-Pipe and mufflers of your choice. Don't know price difference for '05-09 compared to '99-04 parts but I spent ~1,200 with install costs included for midpipe and full catback system. Plenty loud for me.

Reminder, new mustang is still slower than the camaro SS

MagnaFlow a best. Excessive tint makes it impossible to drive at night. Go to Americamuscle.com or another mustang-focused site for wheel choices.

Will check these out.

I specifically want a mean as fuck growl, not just it being loud.
I want people people to hear it and fear it.

How reliable are Fox Bodys? Specifically 87 - 93's. I'm in uni right now and it would almost certainly be a terrible financial decision but I really, really want a convertible 4 banger fox body for my first car. Problem is I want to be able to drive it maybe 50km a week, would this kill the car or can you actually drive these things?

A convertible GT would be nicer of course but I definitely can't afford one of those.

theres like 3 roadkill garage episodes where they do exactly what youre talking about

they did springs, tires, sway bars, air intake, muffler, drive line and decals and body mods

episodes 13, 14 , and 15

>I want to go to college in a 4 cylinder convertible 80's mustang

Sounds retarded but it should be reliable.

I'd pretty much always take the bus. I just want to have a car for fun really, something to whip around with girls in. They don't know the difference between a 4banger and a v8 anyway, right?

I'm ready for spring already. No salt but there is so much grime and sand on the roads it's impossible to keep the car clean.

Not in a convertible but it will be slow

>Found
>On
>Road
>Dead
what did ford mean by this?

I always wanted to like Mustangs, but I always associate them with the douchebag drivers. I think the v6 ones really sealed the hatred for me.

Girl gets in an old, loud mustang.
"This car is fast right?"

They can tell it will take 12 seconds to get 60 mph.

Does salt cause any permanent damage to it?

>How reliable are Fox Bodys? Specifically 87 - 93's.
Very reliable engines with the Lima and Windsor. Both are basically bullet proof.

The real problem is the body.

Foxes are prone to rust at critical points, such as the strut towers.

The cars are 24 years old at best at this point so pretty much every suspension component is going to be worn out if it still has the stock parts.

Unibody is floppy and the chassis is prone to bending. This isn't so much an issue with the 2.3s, but the 5.0s produce enough torque to bend the frame on a hard launch with sticky tires. Converts where even floppier but have additional bracing.

Did I mention rust?

> I really, really want a convertible 4 banger fox body for my first car
Don't even bother with a I4 vert. It's not worth the headache of dealing with a 24 year old convertible with parts shitting the bed. Get a coupe or a hatch.

>A convertible GT would be nicer of course but I definitely can't afford one of those.
I picked up a 5.0 LX hatch for 3.5k with an intact interior and stock engine. Only thing it needs is a point job. If you can't afford 5k~ then you need to save up more.

feel when no 68 mustang fastback

feel when stuck driving a 02 gt

i suffer in california

If you want loud cut the mufflers and do an H-pipe, or buy electronic exhaust dumps so you can be quiet and go to loud when you want and place them after the headers. Aftermarket headers will give a lot of sound too.

Best parts are on American Muscle's website

Fox body's are ugly, no girl will be impressed by one. Get a New Edge at least. Also, I had a V6 new edge before my new GT, just get the GT to save yourself the embarrassment.

>Fox body's are ugly
t. millennial piece of shit
You shouldn't comment on a car that ended production before you were born.

hon hon hon

I made this pic :-)

Stang fangirls eternally btfo

i cant tell if bait or just that much of a shittier mustangfag

Definitely not bait.
Why would I want my mustang to just be stock? It's a GT, I want it to look and sound the part.

Crooked steering wheels
>ford engineering

>Why would I want my mustang to just be stock
Whoa guys, exhaust, wheels, and tint is now a build. That'll def make it fast like you want.

Got my '98 GT for $800 :^)

F O X B O D Y
O
X
B
O
D
Y

(someone sell me some cheap, non rice lights please)

Thanks for this. I'm in Canada so yeah, rust would probably be a huge issue. Maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer to live the dream, I just really want a convertible. There's the 2000-'04 models but most of them in my price range are auto v6's and I'd want a manual v6 at the least.

sn95 a shit

Late model restoration or American muscle are your friends. Be sure to seal them up extra well with silicone before you install them. In my opinoon the 3 piece ultra clear kit looks better than stock but I dunno if it hurts visibility and/or blinds people. Stock tails a best.