Gf looking to buy a car

>gf looking to buy a car
>suggest a mid-2000's corolla, civic, etc.
>"nah, those cars are boring. I want something sporty like yours"
>"really? manual transmission and everything?"
>"yeah, I want something I can race you with"

how good did I do, Veeky Forums?

serious question though, what could we get for $5000 or less? any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking maybe a celica GT or corolla S since they're reliable, fun, and easy to work on.

>I want something I can race you with
>I want to compete against you

this is the beginning of the end

just be glad you aren't married.

>gf wants something not boring
>celica GT or corolla S
>boring cars

Get her a miata m8.

>lol if I beat you to the shops you have to let me fuck you with a strap on, ok?

Mustang GT

bitches love Mustangs

>>new edge mustang

bitches love mustangs

muh boi

Get an MR2 and slap a BLC sticker under the hood

A girl owns a Mustang at my school.

I've never seen someone take such bad care of a car.

miata/mr2/corolla/civic se/r

miata

say word

How well**
How the heck is fp a l w a y s bp ?

miata or mustang though she probly gunna ruin both caars

word

Most probably miata because a mustang at 5k will be too floaty with a shit interior. She will like the roadster feel.

You already know, in your heart...

>suggest Corolla, Civic, etc.
>nahh that's boring
>ask Veeky Forums about Celica GT or Corolla S
>think they're sporty
Either you're the girlfriend, or you're just a faggot retard who fabricated the story in an attempt to keep yourself from looking like a faggot retard because you want a cuckmobile.

>FF can't be sporty

here we go

>purpose built race car

Dude a fucking Honda Prelude is sportier than an 86.

It doesn't need to be a race car to be "sporty".

>Dude a fucking Honda Prelude is sportier than an 86

No arguments here.

The BTCC 850r's were AWD, I don't even know what point that guy was trying to make

that episode....right in the feels

Don't knock it until you try it.

Maybe a E36 with a 6 Cylinder. Like a 325i/328i

how bad are we talking?

>The 850 Estate racer was equipped with a 2.0 litre 20 valve 5-cylinder in-line engine (without turbo), delivering 280bhp @ 8.500rpm. The car was a frontwheeldrive (FWD) and has a X-Trac 6-speed sequential gearbox

>implying I wouldn't let her win

The wife and I went car shopping awhile back. 2017 Mazda3 Grand Touring. She's never owned a nice car before so she's constantly washing and detailing it, so I showed her tutorials on how professionals detail cars. I bought a bunch of stuff the pro's use. Now I get my car detailed like a boss for free.

Moral of the story: always support the hobbies your significant other is into. Especially if you share thone hobbies.

>is into car make up

women....

u have a point tho.

Civic Si, Mazda3, Scion tC

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

>not letting her win and getting your prostate loved on

It's like you don't even like women

For 5k or less?

Maybe if it's totaled

The Celica is quite literally classified as a sports car.

>niggers on Veeky Forums are unironically this delusional

jesus fuck what happened

>letting her win
What kind of fucking casual do take me for

What do you drive, faggot?

Get a decommissioned police car. They're all over the place and pretty cheap if you get something from before 2010. You won't even have to blow money on performance parts for a while since it's already a beast off the bat.

>landbarge
>sporty

300zx

Good looking
Fast enough
Cheap af
RWD

>timing belt replacement is necessary every 5 years
>it's a pain in the fucking ass
>OP has to do a 300zx timing belt when they buy the car and every 5 years from then as well as working on his own shitbox
>many years were plagued with bad injectors
>how the fuck are you supposed to work on anything in the engine bay????
>twin turbos are not good for someone that isn't gonna be looking after a car
>NA is too much of a pain in the ass to work on unless you're devoted

So unless OP's "girlfriend" is looking to actually take care of the vehicle herself or if OP is a masochist and wants to work on a 300ZX on top of whatever shitbox he has then it is kind of a bad choice.

t. 300zx owner

Also
>300ZX
>Sporty

That's a good one. Literally the only thing that's "sporty" about it is that it's RWD and can be had in a manual transmission. It's heavy, handles like a pig, and can be beat out by a corolla unless it's the twin turbo variant. It's a slow boat that's fun to drive, is all.

you can find a decent mr2 spyder for that price

Oh user that is the case with everyone who has a vagina

DIGITS

OIC the thread's full of A E S T H E T I C memers, not anyone who actually wants to race.
Got it.

Do you really wanna get you gf something that nice? She is a woman and will most likely crash

OP is talking about a woman after all.

>A coupe automatically makes it a sports car
>Celica GT, which has a 1ZZ-FE basic bitch Corolla engine, not the god tier 2ZZ-GE 8000RPM wasp nest

A millenial may have graduated from Harvard, but that doesn't necessarily make it a rational, intelligent human being if it majored in gender studies...

Also, seems like OP wants the GF to get something that he can beat with his base Veloster so he won't look bad.