Is this a good deal

Is this a good deal.
Pic related
1985 BMW 6 Series 2dr 635CSi Coupe
For 7000
The pictures make it seem like it's in good condition

Here is another look

It'll be another 7000 to get it running right.

>from a dealer
>probably automatic
shit deal m8. you want to buy from a private seller that has had it 15 years and has lots of maintenance records.

It's manual

well can you afford another 2500+ for some genuine original bbs wheels?

Euro 635csi or us?

Manuals are hard to find. I'd try 6k. That spoiler is hard to find if it's real.

>7k
>32 year old car
yeah fucking rigtht
You can probably buy a 2005 6-series for less than that

buddy of mine had one that was in 6/10 shape. Fun car drove like a bmw, parts were very difficult to find. I wouldn't try to daily it

I got a 635csi Alpina for half that kek

Front end looks weird.

USDM bumper. You can ram anything at 5mph or less and is guaranteed not to damage anything on the car.

I turned down a non running 635csi a couple years ago for $500. Honestly never thought they were worth anything.

they're very pretty imo

i'd buy one for that price for a nice garage/front yard decoration

>2005
objectively the worst looking 6 series

big fucking deal still looks weird as fuck

like a southerner with an under bite

Me personally, I'd be jumping at it. I'd have bought it yesterday.
I'd also tend to ignore posts like unless they has something substantiated to say. They're clearly the kind of people who lack the competency to inspect a vehicle thoroughly and need to look at some arbitrary piece of paper in the glovebox.

Man Veeky Forums is so embarrassing sometimes. Nearly every post in this thread is Americans falling over themselves to call a 30 year old car with no problems unreliable. Later, the Euros will be along to pretend it's a perfect unbreakable thing that will never ever let you down and then the Aussie cunts will be along to post pictures of underage girls and Commodores

I like it. Can you get it checked by a reliable mechanic before you buy it though?

Also from a purely aesthetical point of view, first works I'd do would get rid of the chrome on both car and wheels. All black would look angry as fucking fuck. But I do understand you might prefer it original, it's just about tastes

I'd sell my left nut if I had the chance to get a 6er for that cheap, fucking Americans. Actually, I'd give both my nuts.

Shame about the US bumper, ruins the aesthetics.
Mechanically that thing is nigh invincible with proper care. The M30 engine is a heavy cast iron piece of shit, but you'd probably need an anti-tank rifle to break that thing.

As that thing is manual, you won't be having transmission issues which plagued the automatic M30's.

Only real problems that I can think of are oil starvation in the head, which causes the cam to wear out lightning fast. The issue here being the banjo bolts coming loose on the oil feed tube that runs above the cam and sprays it with oil.
Make sure the banjo bolts are at proper torque, not too loose or too tight so the oil passes through them and you're golden.
The M30 engine also does suffer from broken lifters that happen over time, which is kinda understandable from an over 30 year old engine.

I know right I was attracted to this car because I been looking for a cool 80s car and I have always been a fan of BMW

Touch the chrome ? Nah. Looks really nice on that old BMW.

That's good advice, thanks

buy it
store it
sell it in 50 years

If you got the funds, and don't mind learning to replace a few things go for it op. No timing belt so low maintenance. E30 owner here

Yes but don't give 7 for it try talking them down

>180hp
>3400lbs

haha

I paid $2800 for mine and everything works

7k is way too much btw for a US 635. If was a Euro 5 speed with the Recaros and was absolutely pristine (no cracked dash, no water leaks, etc.) I could see 7k.

First order of business