Tfw too poor to own a car

>tfw too poor to own a car

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dude you literally can get a decent condition shitbox car for $1500 around me (Eastern US) you have no excuse, check your discretionary spending and save it faggot

that doesn't take into account insurance which can be several grand for a new driver, tax and MOT

You working or training?

personal development first, then hobbies user

don't listen to what anyone else says, money is the key to happiness and makes life way better

focus on a career path that will provide you the means to fund your hobbies. Until then, work hard and live modestly.

Or you can always kill yourself :-)

^^^^ this, although take into account you do need to have a proper mindset to be happy.

Also OP, being born poor is better, everything will be new to you if you set goals and work diligently.
Everything you buy will be WOW.

Being born into riches means those ppl never truly know what they have or appreciate it.

So be happy, you have an opportunity there.

Only thing that can fuck you up is if you are women dependent - if you feel you need a woman to give your life meaning.
Many successful people blow their brains after divorce etc. when they see their spouse is not the queen they thought.

So focus on yourself, work smart, and dont compare with others. Write your own story.

The $1500 shitbox will break down and for a new driver, it's probably not a good idea to buy a car he's going to have to work on all the time as a first vehicle. If you want a reliable vehicle you need to find a low mileage Honda/Toyota for around $5k-6k.

In Ontario it's very expensive. It can be upwards of $300 if you have a popular car (ie, Honda Civic).

I recommend getting a Ford Crown Victoria. They're reliable, fast, and cheap. You should get a retired police interceptor with the lowest mileage possible. Insurance shouldn't be too bad for this if you don't get collision.

Civic for 3k?

Stop being an autist and assuming any job, "is too beneath you."
>T. Owner of two cars and a motorcycle

this desu. Look at fuckin Shingu, dudes cool af, paying his mothers bills, owns like 2 cars, and makes plenty of money delivering pizzas.

>T.Poor fag

Fixed that for you.

I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable and can afford my lifestyle.

man don't take the bait.

Tru

>I'm not rich

No shit, you waste your time with jobs that are beneath you and squander what little resources you have on fruitless shit.

The job I'm at right now is p good desu senpai. Good wage and great benefits and it's not a consumer company so I'm not dealing with retards all day.

T-thanks bro.

I was a worthless NEET from 2007 to 2013 so anything is possible. It's not the most successful life but that doesn't matter to me much. I don't have high aspirations and am happy where I'm at now.

We're all gonna make it, br/o/.

Yeah we are.

>tfw felt just like OP for years

It's been worth it. Gotta get some sleep now. Kek

which generation hatchback is that? my mind is telling me it's a 5th gen but the wheels and mirrors look weird

Yeah it's 5th. Mirrors are aftermarket Spoon style.

Fucking awesome. How much did you pay? i've been on the lookout for a 5th gen hatchback for fuckin weeks. 5th gen civics are my jam.

OP you can get a used 90's Buick for $1000 or less. LeSabre, Park Ave, any that have the glorious GM3800 engine.

I owned one. 92 LeSabre. Thing accelerates like nothing else. Pure power. So comfy inside. And the best part is that you can find many with low miles. Heck, I was the 6th owner on mine when I bought it with 79k miles.

Good luck to you my friend.

but you post on Veeky Forums so unfortunately you have to deal with retards anyways

Got it for $1300, but it had nine recorded owners, dented rear quarters, but a real good running D16A swap. I've been fixing it up mechanically for a while and learning as I go. Just a few things left and I can just focus on cosmetic stuff.

That car is responsible for me meeting a lot of cool people so no regrets.

That pic was the day I got it and here it is now.

>Only thing that can fuck you up is if you are women dependent - if you feel you need a woman to give your life meaning.
>Many successful people blow their brains after divorce etc. when they see their spouse is not the queen they thought.

One of my worst fears.

>$1.5k shitbox is bad for new driver

Not true, completely depends on the car. That'll net you a fine mid 90s Le Sabre or Camry or Grand Marquis or various other cars.

Also just save harder desu, look for a better job or just work more in general. If you have parents, ask them to help you out/strike a deal.

I felt just like you OP. At a certain point I didn't even wanna ride around in any of my friend's cars because it sucked so bad realizing I couldn't just drive wherever I wanted. Just save your money and look around bro.

You can literally find a shitbox here in Australia for like $500. If you're too poor to afford $500 for a fucking car, then you're too poor to live.

And remember, as long as it has 4 wheels and gets you from point A to point B, then it's all you need.

Diss

Kek

How the fuck does someone make plenty of money delivering pizzas?
Working 20hours a day or something?

Shingu makes like 16 bucks an hour and money on tips, iirc. Full time pizza delivery apparently pays pretty well.

I'm in the UK and insurance for a new driver on a shitbox in £2-3k with a blackbox and upwards of £5k without a blackbox,

>that doesn't take into account insurance which can be several grand for a new driver, tax and MOT
Someone clearly has never even talked to someone who has gotten an insurance quote.

You don't have $200? Fuck off.

see

why don't you just buy a twingo for 300€?

Yeah I'm 21 in Toronto and for me to get insured on a normal shitbox would be like $4k a year.

If you're not black just get a tiny underpowered hatchback, insurance a cheap

>1 accident ever
>not held at fault
>lowest rate from all companies
>combined renters
>still this high

so that's why

Boy you live in Toronto just take the bus or the train. Driving there is fucking hell.

How fucking old are you? I'm 21 with one accident and two tickets on my record and an sr22 and I pay 210 a month for my the vehicles plus renters insurance

same age
got license last year though

>full coverage
>9yo car

try visiting an insurance agent?

Try calling an insurance broker, they might be able to get you a better quote desu

>Have car I love.
>Paid $2,200 for it in 2008
>$63 / month full coverage
>$15-30 / month gas

Tires can be a bitch though.

>be europoor
>pay 1000 a year alone in taxes for a car with 200 hp, regardless of car value
>another 1500 a year for insurance
>another 300 to register the car
>another 100 for a vignette to be able to use the highway
>around 3000 a year of fixed costs and not even counting repairs, gas and the car itself

t-t-t-thanks "social democracy"

>Taxes
>Registration
Aren't those the same

Does being black really affect your insurance? I insure through my dad who has a low-ass rate so it's cool. $150/month full coverage as a new driver doesn't seem like rape

not necessarily, i think it counts as a fee, since its technically not mandatory.
it's essentially what you have to pay when you want to get a license plate.

That's a thing? I'm making 11 dollars an hour and I own a Cadillac. What's your excuse?

hi grandaddie

That's what's covered in registration in the US.

Nah
Taxes be taxes
Registration is so you can have the plate and are able to drive on public roads.

You can't take it with you senpai

>Yurop
That sucks my dude. I like how I can pretty much do whatever I want with my ferd

>grandaddie

I'm 27, dawg. Zero accidents and driving a 90's Mazda lead to cheap as fuck insurance.

>cbr1000rr
>$4,900 a year

>be poorfag with car and no auto knowledge
>hood latch rips off
>replace it with a T-handle tap wrench (got the idea online)
Who else /white trash/ here?

>19
>i can just afford to insure and fuel a car
>got caught doing 60% over the speed limit
>pleaded guilty online so I'm waiting for the punishment to come through
>know the real punishment will be when I come to renew my insurance

>Vt700
>(17)$76 burgers a year
Feels comfy my dudes

>Be an americunt
>Have an old 99 toyota v6 shitbox
>Pay 147 a fucking month for liability
>Mfw

>yfw liability has nothing to do with YOUR car

it gets MUCH better when you're older in the UK at least
my dad and I were looking at insurance prices for cars because my mum was looking at getting a new twingo. For both of my parents on a new Twingo, it's £250. For a new RS7, it was something like £350.

To add me as a driver on the Twingo, it was £650. To add me as a driver on the RS7 was impossible and we weren't getting any results on a price comparison website.

>mfw too poor to twin turbo my shitbanga
;_;

>know the real punishment will be when I come to renew my insurance
Assuming they'll even insure you anymore. Some companies like Liberty Mutual won't insure me because I got a driving while suspended several years ago.

If it's over 3 years that shit is *supposed* to not factor into your application or premium.

>fastestlaps.com/

Key word being "supposed". It was nearly 5 years ago and the only place that will give me a decent rate is progressive.

user. We, Europoors, have so many taxes that we don't even know what taxes are for what or if the taxes are taxing another tax. This continent is Satlin's wet dream.

depends where you live
any points or temporary bans that you get for speeding stay on your licence for 5 years (so if you get 12 points in the space for 5 years you get your licence revoked), but insurers get to see it for up to 12 years which is stupid

>complaining about being poor on Veeky Forums instead of getting a job

This. It's your own fucking fault, your attitude is why poor people stay poor.

Sometimes it's luck

I wouldn't have a car right now if I didn't find my new job by opening up facebook and seeing my friend post about a position at her job being open.

That's fucked. I'm pretty sure it's by state and insurer though. I don't have a good record, but when I called in last they reduced my rates because a ticket was 37 months old and it didn't affect my current policy anymore

That's stupid as shit.

90's shitbox cars starts with 5000$ here, also average salary is 350$. Most cars newer then 2010 is starts with 25000$, also fuel is 3$ per liter, remember, average salary is around 350-600$ per month.

Long story short, just fucking kill me.