What is this style called that's done to the BMW?

what is this style called that's done to the BMW?

purposely rusted, roofracks with a bunch of stuff loaded up, sometimes slammed. seen it alot on euros and sometimes hondas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iv42AOZIk
stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10970
stanceworks.com/2015/11/the-return-the-rusty-slammington-reveal-at-sema/
flickr.com/photos/spasticdwarf/albums/72157604909642291
youtube.com/watch?v=QrQ7TbEEZkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ratrod

>what is this style called that's done to the BMW?

Faggotry, performed by and lauded by Faggots alike.

another pic. what the fuck is the idea behind this? really just curious not bashing at all.

hipsters being retarded thinking this is "cool"

Rat style

Patina fags

It's an evolution of "hellaflush" stance culture, which in turn was derived from FnF style "rice". Basically the idea is to make the car look as shit and mistreated as possible. When questioned, the snapback-wearing bearded fuck inside will whine something about "ain't care" and "feelings".

dude you dont know anything

If you're relatively rich you can treat your car like shit and it doesn't even matter. It's just showing off and it's retarded.

Imported rat rod culture from America (30s hot rods with rust and matt paintjob) on Europen cars, most commonly found on German cars from the 80s (namely VW and BMW). Some people also imported this trend to other European brands. Sometimes encountered on Hondas. Overall it's just another rice trend IMO, especially when you rust some valuable models.

It's just a failed attempt at copying differemt style of cars.

Classic vw owners like to find all the rare vinaye accesories for their cars even if it's just something like a roof rack.

Stance works try copy this and fail at the styling just at how they fail at copying vip and zokusha cars.

Frgot pic

It's for people who think it's cool and edgy even though taking care of a white car is infinitely more difficult and actually an achievement. I wish to own a white just because it means more to keep it in good shape.

It's really just about making old cars look gritty and beaten up. I don't mind it in moderation and only on certain cars.

It's the hipster version of cars. It's the "I'm trying too hard to look like I'm not trying too hard" version of car modification.

youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iv42AOZIk

It's called "I'm a fucking idiot and I don't want my car to look good." The previous owner of my 535 had a hood like that on it. First thing to go

a Lot of slow and uninformed ppl ITT

that looks nothing like that anymore in fact it looks like pic related. Dude built a brand around that car. Interesting really.

Ill give you the short version

>Car belongs to Michael Burroughs aka the guy who owns/started Stanceworks
>got this BMW E28
>start modifying it a bit
>he lent it to a friend in which said friend slammed it into the side of a semi (hence A pillar damage here )
>instead of sending it to the junkyard he spent more time working and throwing money at it.
>changes it it up and throws a 1jzgte in it
>chops the top (see photos in thread)
>catches on fire in his garage
>people think car is never coming back
>wrong
>car now is powered by an S38
>tube chassis and custom H&R suspension
>DTM inspired body style

shits pretty cool if you ask me.

Here is the original thread

stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10970

heres what it currently looks like
stanceworks.com/2015/11/the-return-the-rusty-slammington-reveal-at-sema/

And it still looks like shit.

retardation

It's from the founder of stance work what do you expect.

thats your objective opinion

the point is the car has a story to it also it made him a ton of money.

anyway here are more pics of its evolution

flickr.com/photos/spasticdwarf/albums/72157604909642291

stance work

lel you sound like a retarded foreigner

>objective opinion
>objective
yes, it objectively looks like shit

and you are still poor while never have worked on a car in your life.

hipster

here is one properly done

Swagfag or hipster with a german car you faggots overthink everythig

>appropriating the practices of the poverty stricken and applying them to your luxury vehicles

just bourgeoisie things

>aka the guy who owns/started Stanceworks
So it's just stancefaggotry.

sure, Im sure that stancefaggot has done more work on that car than you have in your whole life

>you can't criticize something unless you can do better
Oh boy, it's this dumb argument again.

My dog has put a lot of work into eating rabbit turds from every corner of the yard, it doesn't make rabbit turds a type of fine cuisine. The rat rod style looks ducking stupid, that's all we're saying.

rust isn't patina faggot

Pretty much, was an e28 fag back in the old Veeky Forums days still. This is what the car originally looked like.

>paraphrasing something badly the post

Watching the cars progression is like a documentary of someone's mind being overtaken by schizophrenia.

That actually looks decent apart from the tire stretch, us spec bumpers, and a bit too much black. He's clearly got the skills and money, shame about the taste.

What kind of monster would ruin a perfectly good paint job?

yeah but his friend ruined it by crashing it into the side of a semi.

most people wouldve junked it at this point

he didn't

Don't mind me just proving my oldfag status.

(You)'re not enlightening me noob.

Eurotrash car

Google it

People who haven't lived with road salt don't appreciate good sheetmetal.

proving oldfag status when I clearly posted the link where you are saving these photos from lol

are you stupid? read this

>a pillar dented and fender ruined
>BETTER FUCK UP ALL THE PAINT AND INTENTIONALLY LET IT RUST

Don't be jealous, it's not something I'm proud of. But here's your (You).

Here's another before he went full retard.

it was considered totaled

so he intentionally rusted it out which I thought was absolutely retarded but it works for the car.

This was back when it wasn't common to do that either. As a matter of fact I'd say he introduced the Eurotrash style to America

>lookmomimpretendingtoknowsomethingontheinternet.jpg

The only matter of fact is you have no idea what you're talking about the vdub/vtec crowd had been doing this shit for years.

>volkswagen crowd

Im not talking about the Volkswagen crowd though.

And as much as I hate to admit Michael Burroughs made rusting out your car a thing.

Back to vortex for you kid, the men are speaking.

More like the children are listening to you get btfo ;^)

>the men are speaking
Funny how everyone who posts that is nearly underageb&

weird how anyone who points this out is usually underage.

>no u

>Guy who started Stanceworks
Imagine how much better the automotive world would be today if we could go back in time and kill him before he spread his faggotry

the fact that stance bother you that much.

You must not have a lot going for you

Aside from being a stupid idea that doesn't look good (which I could get over), it ruins cars and makes them legitimately dangerous on the road. They should at least be declared unroadworthy.

i agree but and the end of the day... so what.

Reason why stance is so hated online is because of this. Only response is to just play it off. I don't know of any other group, on any other board, that gives up just on the first reply. It's always 3-5 replies before "I'm not replying to you anymore". stancefags, it's just one.

>shit up the thread with stancefag shit
>>this fucking sucks
>hey not bothering you so don't hate

here is an idea. stop posting stance shit. stance is basically 2007-2009 era furry "you can't make me not post it" shit from /b/ but for cars

>Americans in charge of styling
Why don't burgers just stick to their own shit. It should be against to law to butcher superior European cars.

This might be the explanation behind stance everyone

>americans get in european car
>instantly collapses
>"oh um it's a style"

Kek. Amerilards BTFO. How will they ever recover?

I'd eat it desu

Veeky Forums is a sad place to be. Can't even respect someone's taste in cars it used to not be this way.

If I smeared dog shit all over my car and said it's 'style', would you still defend my 'taste'?

If a bunch of other retarded people do it then we'd enter that territory

"it's only a little bit of dog shit brah don't get too worked up over it"

"dog shit shows you care even less than stance, it's ironic"

"cat shit is where it's at guys"

fucking hipsters

I would, though I'm not him.

>subjectivity
>doing something to an object that they own
>that I literally have no claim over
>that makes them happy/proud
>that has literally no effect on my life

Anyone who gets legitimately angry and belligerent over style/taste is seriously autistic.

Bandwagoning and copycat culture means people will follow trends to the detriment of perfectly decent cars. There are only so many.

Besides, if people kept their 'style' to themselves, and didn't parade it all over the Internet and motoring meet-ups, I wouldn't have a problem. The sort of people who do this want your attention and will make sure they get it. So yes, I can get a little belligerent about shit style and car cultures if I want.

>Ä on the license plate
THAT'S NOT ALLOWED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hipster faggotry.

No its obvious that he's been to a few "meets"

stance is an evolution of shakotan
rat look is a take on rat rods

the fucker doesnt know anything

I like the look in moderation, not whole care rusted out.

There's a guy from my town that did this to an e28
surface rust quickly turned into "you can't compete in that thing"
youtube.com/watch?v=QrQ7TbEEZkw skip to 18:00 to see it

More of this plz

Yeah. He'd be vaping as well.

Holy fuck that is retarded. I'm losing it at the vise grips on the grill/quarter panel.

>snapback-wearing bearded fuck

top lel

shut up bitch

tl;dr just accept that your rust bucket sucks faggot

Everyone knows that vise grips belong on the inside to replace broken knobs and handles.

ratrod/"jdm rust"

t. cuck

trips of truth

>take shitty car
>add shitty widebody
>add 10k in engine and suspension mods
> """brand""""

lol ok

well he sure as hell as been making a living off of all the merch he's be selling throughout the years

don't be a jealous poorfaggot

Until I noticed the vise grips I thought it looked kind of neat, but those ruined the whole fucking thing.

well it doesnt even look like that anymore so it doesnt even matter.