Does anybody on this board actually own a supercar?

Does anybody on this board actually own a supercar?

I know that this website usually attracts autists and the likes, but every now and then there must be someone on here that's got enough money to buy something really expensive.

And if you do, post pics with timestamp or don't bother at all.

I'm planning on building myself a replica Aventador if that counts. Can get one done for less than $10k.

There's a few ferrari and GTR owners lurking somewhere that have posted proof before.

R35s?

There's someone with a mental skyline GTR putting out like 800kw and an asian guy with r35 liberty walk kit and dyno sheets at 750 something.

There's also some ferrari fag with a 360.

SCbro has an R32 GTR and used to have an FD RX-7.
He's in the air force and posted in Japan. (Tho last I checked he might've been actually coming back from deployment and bringing the Skyline)
Unsure, I haven't seen him post under his name in a while, usually anonymous

I'm saving my money.
Someday I hope to have a car good enough to rate being called a fag by the keen intellects that populate this board.

Riv was a Honda fag who sold his NSX for a Ferrari 360 since he already had an S2000

There was some guy with a black 350Z dunno what became of him

Some faggot got rich off of bitcoin a while back and bought a Lambo, but he doesn't really post here

There's really no point in owning vehicles like that; financially speaking.

I could own an R35, but why would I? The cost of the vehicle is high, then there's the maintenance costs, then insurance, and ofcourse there will always be depreciation.

You're better off investing, buying a nice home, vacationing, having excess money to modify a "normal car" to a further extent.

People who own vehicles like that either have their priorities wrong, or make so much money it doesn't matter (which isn't really obtainable by most people who visit this board)

>there must be someone on here that's got enough money to buy something really expensive
lol
sure, but why would they hang out here? so many people pretend to be them they'd literally spend all their time posting proofs. kinda like what you want in this thread

>350z
>supercar
Fucking retard.

You'd actually be surprised, I've been to a couple boards...some people really DO have money like that.

That being said, I've never seen a proper supercar on here...some very nice performance cars in general though.

>but why would I?

Ohhh I don't know. Maybe because it would be fun?

I know crazy concept.

As an almost daily lurker since 4 years, I remember seeing some.

I remember seeing a post where a guy posted his white Gallardo and got roasted on for buying it because it wasn't a newer one or a Huracan.

Also remember seeing a doctor from Abu Dhabhi with his Ferrari F430. And this is not a super car but there was this another guy who owns a number of S-Classes but he was from Dubai.

2 or 1 from Honda General owns the older NSX.

Does a Charger Hellcat and a Challenger Hellcat count? Saw two of em in the past one year.

Does a Tesla Model S P100D count too? It was a doctor from Florida who posted it in a randomly made Tesla Thread.

An FType.

Just 2 months back, a guy from Texas posted his new red GT350 with a broken bumper and then came back posting the same car with a new bumper installed.

And yea as the other posts suggest, a few GT-Rs too.

I think the richest guy I saw is the one that had a whole array of guns, and even had some Challenge coins.

I'm financially not so good but if I was better at it, I'd be dailying a 911 C4S with a manual transmission. Why? I won't care about the depreciation but I'd drive it for my daily fun. It surely is gonna be fun getting out from your usual stressed job and hoping into your 911 C4S and immediately changing your mood in a snap rather than going back home in your beaten up Honda Civic and busting your nut off and then feeling shitty all over again.

>I remember seeing a post where a guy posted his white Gallardo and got roasted on for buying it because it wasn't a newer one or a Huracan.
WTF seriously? Veeky Forums is seriously populated by fucking poorfags.

You peaked my interest

I'm about to get one, kinda soon. (like 6months to a year)

I've been working over seas with the DOD doing IT stuff for a couple of years now and I'm getting some bretty gud dosh.

I am thinking about getting either an Aston Martin DB9, a Porsche 911T, or two Jaguars AWD and some other one.

Do you all have any suggestions to what I should get? I always forget about stuff when researching what I want and maybe I can look into what you all know?

If your buying an expensive car thinking it's any kind of investment your doing it wrong. The people that buy those types of cars generally do have different priorities either due to job or personality.

Not everyone likes to vacation or has a job where they can do so. In my case I would love to go on a vacation but my job won't allow me to be gone for more then a few days. As for a house not everyone wants some super big mc'mansion. For me all I need is a small 2 2 house with a big garage and I'm very happy .

As for modifying a normal car you can do that but then you still end up with the same problem of a lot of money tied up in a vehicle that you can never get back and depending on how far you want to take it you can run into platform limitations far sooner then you can with some of the super cars. For instance it's extremely easy to get a GTR to 640whp. All it takes is around 5k for intake, exhaust, injectors and tune. To get that same power out of an STI your talking built motor and transmission which is going to be way more then 5k.

>If your buying an expensive car thinking it's any kind of investment your doing it wrong
Aaaand you're talking out of your ass.
The vehicle I just bought had a very small production run, as in less than 500 cars total. Only a few dozen were produced in my color.
If you think that doesn't qualify as an investment, maybe you should reevaluate what one is, because that's almost the definition of a collectible.

If you want to drive the car it can not be an investment. The only thing you can do is park it in your garage and stair at it because if you add any mileage your investment will lose money.

I think cars should be enjoyed and the only way to enjoy something is use it. That means driving it, and driving it a lot.

Just because something is a low production run doesn't mean it's going be a sound investment. There are a ton of rare or low production vehicles that never really see the increase in value like some of the less rare but more sought after cars.

All you have to do is look at the FD RX7 it has very similar production numbers to the MKIV supra but they don't carry anywhere near the value.

Personally I've run across very good turbo manual FD RX7s with sub 100,000 miles for less than $10,000 quite a few times. I've never run across a turbo manual MKIV supra with sub 100,000 for anything less then 40k and in the current market those cars are going for 60+k

>so many people pretend to be them they'd literally spend all their time posting proofs.
This is why I think a lot of the nicer car people keep quiet. It's kind of like saying you are a girl and then twenty autists attack you and demand tits or some form of proof.

>If you want to drive the car it can not be an investment
Not true.

>if you add any mileage your investment will lose money
The fact that you're devaluing it doesn't remove it from the investment category. When I sell 10% of my position in Google to take some profit, I've "devalued" the position somewhat. That doesn't mean it's no longer an investment.

>FD RX7
I cited a production run of a few hundred. In contrast, almost 70,00 FD RX-7's were built.

>Not understanding analogy

Those cars are way too tasteful

Get a lime green Lamborghini for the keks

>Having no argument
Thanks for playing.

Wasn't there some New Zealand dude who claimed he had a Huayra BC on Veeky Forums? Didn't remember if he posted a time stamp, but his reverse image search doesn't show any duplicates.

>70,000 FD RX7 built
LOL, I want to live in whatever world you live in.
At best there was 59,000 FD RX7's made world wide and a extremely low 13,000 that were imported into the states.

Just for the sake of curiosity I to know what extremely limited production car did you buy that you think is going to be an investment.?

>steel body Aventador
enjoy having it weigh 4 tons

>almost 70,000 FD RX-7's were built
Wikipedia: FD RX-7 Production 1991–2002
68,589 produced
If you say so.
Regardless, If you can't see the distinction between worldwide production runs of 500 versus 68,589 (or even 59,000), then you're beyond hope. One has a strong likelihood of value as a collector's item due to it's rarity, the other is only "rare" in a very relative sense, and has a very minimal chance of the same.
And neither your misstatement of "buying an expensive car can't be an investment", nor what I purchased changes any of this.
You're just wrong, because you're overgeneralizing.
Kind of like when you said, "If you want to drive the car, it can't be an investment".

Nothing a good old 8.4L V10 cant fix