Car to stance for 1500-2000 euro budget

I'm looking for a decent second-hand car I can modify within my budget. My overall budget is around 2000 euros (car+mods), living in Europe. Looking for model suggestions and ideas.
I want something that looks good, has decent fuel economy and has some power under the hood.
So far, I've got my eye on a VW Lupo, just using it as inspiration. The 1.4 FSI has 105 HP and good urban consumption. (Not the one in the pic)
For starters, I'd like to get a new set of rims and coilovers, the rest will have to wait.
Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FwGGan6bhyo
autogidas.lt/rover-220-turbo-coupe-1996-0128850377.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>car to stance
>I want something that looks good, has decent fuel economy and has some power under the hood.

Are you retarded?

turd gen charade

Try some 1.25L MK4 Fiestas, they are 75hp and pretty cheap. You're not going to find a lot of cars with 100+hp in that price range though...

I probably am, not really the scope of the discussion ATM...
For me the Lupo fits the bill for example, I like the looks, good economy and 105 HP is more that I need.

Hard to find Asian cars here

Fiesta looks good too, 100+ HP isn't a must, just an afterthought. What do you think about an Audi A3 (pre 2000)?

Is this thread all irony or are there actually people this miserable?

>yurop
>modding your car
Have fun getting a massive fine or getting sent to jail for "unsafe modofications".

No irony on my part, just trying to make do with what I have.

Yeah, you're right with that. Gotta keep it as legal as I can, coilovers and rims aren't that risky IMO if I don't drop it too much.

???
You can do all kinds of shit to your car. It just has to work properly so you can pass the inspection
youtube.com/watch?v=FwGGan6bhyo
>No irony on my part
For real? 105HP is pathetic. It doesn't have "some power under the hood", it's an underpowered granny car.
Literally just looked at what's being sold for around 1k in my country and this thing turned up.
autogidas.lt/rover-220-turbo-coupe-1996-0128850377.html

Yeah, I worded my idea wrong. 105 HP is not much, I admit it's stupid.
Point is, I'm mostly going to use it for city driving, but if I want to do a road trip I want to have the acceleration to pass cars quickly (sounds retarded I know, but we don't really have highways here), living in Eastern Europe.
What could I do in the city with so much HP? It's just going to use a lot more fuel and I won't be racing anyone.

Pointless bitchiness based on arbitrary values. More than half the people of the world would love to have that budget for a car.

Then just buy literally anything, ideally a diesel shitbox. If you don't care about power or comfort, only you can decide what car to get, since the only thing left is the looks of the car.
About the passing, almost any modern car will suffice, simply downshift before overtaking if there's a car or a turn approaching.

Alright, sounds fair enough. I think I was looking for suggestions on what other people thought was a good looking car in this price range.
I'll hit up some second-hand car sites and see what they have.

Honestly, I'd get either an E34 or an E36 coupe.
However, I'm not very rational. My mom would give better advice to you, which would sound something like this: get a 1.2 diesel.

Those BMWs look awesome, but I've stayed away from that idea because I heard parts are expensive to replace if they break (old cars), and the MPG is low. Plus, I feel they have a bad rap around here, but that may be wrong.

> poorfag europoorean copying the very worst aspect of american car culture

why, just why?

lmao what? Atleast in germany you tell the TÜV what kind of shit you did to your car and unless its a substantial risk they'll say neato and update your slip to reflect that information and their approval.
Producers of aftermarket parts put a paper with their products that assure that the part is tested in your vehicle, so the TÜV-guys only have to nod.
Only when you cannot produce this paper, thats when the engineers actually habe to check manually, which costs a lot more.
I still think that its better this way, since it hinders alot of shit eyeball-engineered hackjobs to enter the public roads (i.e. every roadkill project ever).

Dude 105hp is good enough in such a light vehicle. In a xboxfuckhueg landbarge or minivan 105 isnt a lot, but with less than 1 metric ton 105 is ok

the miles you would get on a A3 would be terrible.

mx5?

E36 coupe

Why not? I'm living within my means, just because you don't like it doesn't mean I can't try it out.

That's Germany, but where I live they are very strict unless you know someone there and they let it slide. I think I can get away with what I want to do.

Yeah, it's all subjective though. This is a car forum, so people are bound to be used to higher HP values, but on a Lupo 105 HP could be a fun combo for the price.

Mk 5 would be great, but I'm afraid if something breaks the cost will be too high or I can't find the parts. Auto shops here don't really stock any Asian market car parts unfortunately.

>Poorfag
>Wants to spend 2000 yruobux to ruin a car

There's a reason you're poor.

Where in Europe are you? I have one in the UK and there are a fuck tone of parts, they sold them in Europe and the uk bro!

PS parts are cheap and plentiful in UK

Thanks bro, that's a good one. Enjoy living in a normal country.

I'm in Eastern Europe, Romania to be exact.
I am sure there are more parts in Western countries, but not here unfortunately. Just no market for that stuff.
I'm trying to stick to European cars, since there are many second-hand imports here and there's a good stock of parts for those.

ah fair enough.

Yeh any VW has a bit stance scene, e46 318i or something!

Go nuts, you can stance any car so maybe find something you dont see stanced very often

twingo

>calling wheels rims
>being a faggot that wants to stance any car ever

just tell your parents you're gay and get it over with

I figured Lupo doesn't see much stance, BMWs seem to be more popular. I wanted to go for something a bit unusual, at least over here.

Twingo would be dope, just haven't really taken it too serious, maybe it will grow on me.

Why do you care about power when you're going to be slow as fuck dodging minor imperfections and getting stuck on railroad tracks?

>Romania
Aren't your roads terrible?

Why you gotta be salty? I can respect that some people don't like stance, that's ok.

I'm not going to go very low, just enough so I can still drive it daily.

Generally yeah, but not in my city.

>
>Generally yeah, but not in my city.

Implying you can't hit a random pothole the size of my head. Haven't been to the north western part, Cluj'n shit, south, east and north east are quite shitty though. Then again given the fact that you want city driving...

Point taken, the random pothole can screw up the car, I'm willing to take that risk. I just meant the chance of hitting potholes is probably less than in other cities.

Twingo truly is your best bet if you want maximum cheap.

>help me buy a piece of shit car to make even shittier
>also my budget is nothing
good luck lol

The wheels look really small if it's stanced and that looks very odd to me.

Thanks man, wish you all the best.