/domg/ Dominions General

Gee Bill Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Die and join the ranks of brave skeletons

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RoleplayingIsFun
youtube.com/watch?v=mZ4iH_53590
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Size 4 doesn't count for large monsters
I was going to start the thread with this, but you beat me to it

Anybody ever feel sorry for argartha?

They were just out evolved by land mammals, wasn't their fault they had a slow metabolism cause they were gigantic and cold blooded and were born borderline retarded

They weren't outbred. They first nearly genocided themselves, and then finished themselves off after being taken over by a silver-tongued human wizard

Does anyone have the kawaii tomoko Caelum pic?

the hell?

the pale ones unleashed the seals while at war with humans, thats what nearly killed them.

Yes, they broke the Seal Which Must Not Be Broken and thus nearly genocided themselves.

Well what the hell were they supposed to do? If they got conquered their enemies would have broken the seal anyway.

Besides, thats what I'm saying. Humans had about a hundred million years of evolution on them.

I forgot to diplo. Is there any way to resend turns?

We don't know that; it wasn't ever stated exactly why or when the seal was broken. The Agarthans tried to conquer the surface, got fucked, and then ??? the seal was broken

Golog was always right
- spoke out against the invasion of the surface
- spoke out against accepting the human mages
- started mummifying agarthans so that LA would have tomb oracles to lead them

based fat oracle

>his girth is considerable

Isn't there an air item that lets you fly?

I mean I guess flying carpet

ah winged shoes.

If you were willing to dump a shitload of pearls into air or maybe trade for them abysia could play zots with their misbred.

u kno it bayb

StandardEA Tien Chi DONT STALE YOU DORK

as is molech lets you take a shitload of them.

Is a misbred commander all it would take to make Abysia go from shit to ok?

Pretty much.

Misbred are bretty gud.

and having a 300+ unit doomstack following your pretender everywhere doesn't hurt either.

you could maybe give them heretik or pop killer or something

Why does everybody always pick Vanhiem, Tir'Na'Nog and Pangea?

Those are the three threads I always see in here all the time.

What did he mean by this?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RoleplayingIsFun

Fun EA roleplay game

To be fair, that's Ohlmann adding in a classic folk hero, not Illwinter

The original Dagda is depicted with his cock dragging on the ground, so that seems like as good of an adaptation as any

But it would get all rough and scabby!

You know, its funny, but Dagda was depicted in Rifts Rpg back in the day. No mention of the size of his cock, though.

Trumans dick was so big, that all he had to do was stand on the edge of pearl harbor and watch Coco Chanel flash her ankles and Toshi say, "He sunk my battship!"

Hey Tir, did you give your messenger the wrong map, or are all elves bad at reading directions?

Wanted to keep quiet about this, but I'm not gonna be able to play seriously in the coming weeks anyway so fuck it

We fed him to the boars by the way.

why do I keep making fun of asians? Must be something wrong with me.

or should i say, something "wong" with me?

Still looking to trade for a thistle mace. Also still clearing the bats out of the caves.

youtube.com/watch?v=mZ4iH_53590
Why don't you lay off the asians, Lou?

MAKE DEMONBRED COMMANDERS A SUMMON FOR MA ABYSIA RATHER THAN A RECRUIT REEEEEE

And yes, a misbred commander would make Abysia p good (along with the buffs summod gives them).

It doesn't count if they're just running from your snek.

They started fighting back now. Also would you prefer I let just let them have all those caves?

No, but all you've been doing so far is sniping undefended caves. If the bats end up in Japan, I'll never forgive you.

Not my fault the bats arent defending them properly. I am doubling back towards the bats entrance to the caves now and bringing in more guys to reinforce my snek. Keeping the bats as far away from me as possible has always been my main priority.

Good thing bats can't read.

Best nation if i want to focus on scales and having the BEST turf?
Bonus points if it can also expand and defend it.

Fugg

Ulm (except LA) and Caelum fit that fairly well.

They don't really have anything worth a bless so they take good scales, but they're strong nations with good mages.

Hes already counter attacking. Whats he going to do now? Send more bats that cant kill my snake?

If he's smart, he'll send bats at every province except the one containing your snake.

Thats the joy of Caves. Only one way for them to reach me and I can set up a bunch of patrollers at a chokepoint so they cant sneak past. Plus he has to move as slow as everyone in a cave right?

>I can set up a bunch of patrollers at a chokepoint so they cant sneak past.
You do know bats have flying, r-right?

>Plus he has to move as slow as everyone in a cave right?
Hahahahahaha, no.

Flying movement, his troops have MM3 everywhere, even while stealthed.

Well shit. Regardless someone has to fight the bat menace and as little as I am doing I dont see anyone else doing anything.

Yeah, I commend you for it (even if you're probably gonna die).

Just make sure you defend your home provinces or bats will get an easy meal.

I was probably going to die anyway considering I'm fucking Yomi.

Yomi's not bad if you don't overdose on shitty demons.

Not the best position though. Plus I am pretty bad.

The Seal was already breaking gradually anyway.

>rain kings are manlets
Never noticed.

Does someone have the image of Autistic RP's Yomi snek erotica

It's outdated info anyway, seeing as how you took care of all my golems. And I'll possibly go AI soon.

>mixing Crossbowmen/Archers in one squad
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is there any mod that makes Conquest of Elysium 4 fun?

>implying that fight would have lasted 12 turns

MUDA MUDA MUDA

It's a bad game at its core.

It has a lot of interesting ideas though.
It would need a mod that rebalanced a lot of stuff though.

>New turn
>Staled last turn
>Half my units missing
[Worried]
[VERY WORRIED]

Sent you an offer Sauromantia.

Any new games starting?

Look in the previous thread. There were around 1 or 2 new games.

Where's the previous pantokrator? Did someone tell me how to play Abyisa before the other thread got bumped off? I like this rec anywhere misbred commander idea that's been floated. .78 Thursday?

>stupid faggot OP not linking to the precious thread

So what do you do with Ur? Buff troops with shamans?

EQ humans

Oh yeah that would work what with enkidu having twice as many hit points.

The last time a recruitable misbred comm for summod was brought up people declared that it'd make Abysia OP.
That was like, within the past few weeks.

Did we change our opinion now, or something?

I like the flavor of Ur. With expensive recruitment centers, your best troops coming from the cap, the ability to make mage outposts anywhere, and recruiting light troops and scouts in every province, it really creates a feeling of playing as the first city. It's fun and cool, but hard to play powerfully.

I wasn't party to that discussion. My favorite Abysia is MA, with the awesome flying commanders. Again, I'm not good with them, but it's "fun."

You start with using their archers with wind guide. They have very good bows and good hp to survive archer duels. You can take some F on your pretender for diversity and flaming arrows.

Mid game you should aim for evo-alt spam in battle - maws of earth, EQ, blade wind, thunder strike. Use reavers for line holding.

Later on you got to move to gem economy/summons as your troops are size3 and low attack density making them harder to use. Your mages are very solid and diverse tho and that should work.

gets it right. When people ask general questions about nations, I've noticed we get a lot of solid 3 paragraph answers every time. I wonder if it's the same person, and if I know them on Steam.

I give advice quite often as long as I feel like it will be good advice and no idea who you are so can't really answer that.

1.). I don't remember anyone claiming they'd be OP, just that they'd drastically change the nation, and modded abysia is already a solid nation.
2.) What, one person brings up the suggestion again and suddenly "we" changed our mind? Who the fuck is "we?"

Oh right I totally forgot. You can also skele spam and it works with ench research you may want for flaming arrows if you took that F.

I don't find W mages very useful.

Remember to always take an awake pretender. There is the SF flying one but he can't expand reliably. Scorpion king/dragon/moloch/earth snake strike me as the least risky options.

Being the only player in the game with Construction 8 is a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

S1w suggested Moloch to me as pretender for Ur. I would just add to your advice that Ur has great paths for Hidden in X for late game armies.

W is good for falling frost, and W eles have left me surprisingly impressed. Scorpion King has F and E minor, I like that.

I suppose it might not have been OP and might've been "too different." Memory is not perfect here.

We're all the same person.
I said "we" because I noted a lack of "No, that would be OP/too-strong" this time, so figured that nobody thought it was OP now, as people were readily willing to voice their opinion against the idea before.

W eles are good but I would rather use W gems for hidden in snow as it helps you with the troop issue. You can't falling frost without a booster or a gem.

Moloch is, unfortunately, very expensive.

what's the proper gear script for a thug oreiad?

Summon Air Elemental and by Thug I assume you mean Seducer

Mistform, earth power, RoS x3

The Annukai line of pretenders is pretty good.
Good slots, good combat stats and you can make then into defensive SCs mid game, not having to worry about pathloss on death due to the Ur special and you can revive them quite quickly if you recruited a couple of Gala's.

>thug
>not an A2 windlord

why even bother?

Black Ermor, die like a skeleton. Don't stale like a fucking fleshbag pussy, please.

Recruitable A2 windlords when?

When A8 storm generals make it into an official patch.

skeletons dont die dumbass, they're already dead

When skeletons die they become ghosts, dummy.

when the skeleton becomes a ghost the bones don't go anywhere, they just become an inert skeleton

dying actually multiplies them

Any games recruiting? EA or MA only of course, and summod is okay but I'd prefer vanilla.

Sum1won, don't you think it'd be beneficial to separate the game results into at least into "summod" and "not summod"?

They start to lose some meaning as they get too mixed up.

Sum1won manages that, right?

Yes but he also manages a private derivatives firm so he's kind of busy usually.

>any sort of selfreport survey
>worth anything

>some nations having literally 0 wins
>submitted games can always be checked by players who participated
>objective statistics is worth less than your shitty opinion about balance

>trying to gather "objective statistics" for a game where a huge chunk of """victories""" come by all but one person just giving up, many times for absolutely no good reason at all