/TFG/ - Truckerfag thread

>Straight Trucks Are Still Trucks Too Edition

Brevious Bread: >Swift: Best In Class
>Don't you sign that lease!
>CDL how do? Go through community college or a private driving school, the megacompanies are megaripoffs
>44 Tonnes
>Cat motors are best motors
>Pepsi is Bepis is Benis is Peppu
>Trucker Gundam is Kenworthy
>Tfag is grilled again
>ZF helped
>Oilfag definitely is or is not a trucker
>Eight billion Prime drivers on this board can't be wrong
>In the future, trucks will be built entirely out of cameras

FIRST FOR PRIME DRIVEN BY THE BEST™

Old white dude just watching his daughter in the purple get Blacked™

Dat money background is great

What is that propane?

Anyboot ex pump lad here blew fed off kind of regret it feel like i can make good dash there went with some shingle company delivering on conveyors haven't even told me the pay thought if it's less than 20ish im out

No, the trailer is a pneumatic, for hauling frac sand and cement.

Some interesting chatter over in . Tfag is running herd on some internet aeronauts.

>webm from that thread

>must tarp load
Yeah, fuck that. We outlaw trucker nao

> tfw can't be a lorryfag in Europe because Eastern Europeans will undercut your wage, the roads are too small to be cosy, and you cant engage in radio bantz because no one else speaks English

It should be legal to run them down.

>ex pump lad here
Told you you'd get BTFO sooner or later.

That sleeper desperately needs some paint.

Any Euro trucker fags beat up any rapefugees yet?

whats a straight truck?

Ask for "Ultra Premium" PM the next time you head to a TA for service. If the TSA knows what you mean he'll meet you behind the shop for a through lubejob while your truck is serviced.

A single vehicle.

One that isn't gay.

One you're not in fagboi.

It's a truck that doesn't have a hitch, so it doesn't articulate, therefore "straight".

For example, Oilfag drives one right now that has a big oil tank on the back that he uses to melt frozen mudpuddles up on some northern plain that everyone sensible left after the fur trade petered out. I haven't yet figured out why the mudpuddles have to stay melted but it seems good clean fun so I don't object. Also they drink milk from bags up there so there may be no reasoning it out.

>want to ride truck into freedum
>block path of truck

Something fake truckers drive
Same thing as a U-Haul

Don't forget the silly monopoly money

>show up 4 hours before pick up
>only truck here, all docks open
>"we'll call you when we have a door for you"
fuck
>look at sign in sheet
>only other truck here today was here for 9 hours
FUCK

I've finally done it. I managed to get negative pay this week.

No idea what the fuck you're trying to say, dude.

Ironically straight trucks are pretty gay

I think he is a stroke victim.

>All of these are true statements.

A little gas plant service work today; flushing the buildup of gunk out of a dehydrator tower with 70°C (158°F) water and an industrial soap/degreaser.

The tower is used to strip moisture out of natural gas before it is shipped downstream via pipelines.

Yeah basically. Really does suck about Napster, but I've got an old Zune (HUEHUE) and a Sansa Clip in a box in my room. Both have bad headphone jacks, so I just need to fix one and load it up with music.
Fuckin' cave people's what they're acting like.
What is that, roofing shingles? Why would they care if that shit is tarped?
I heard Tennessee may pass a law eliminating legal penalties for motorolists that happen to strike protesters blocking the road.
He got canned a long damn time ago. Now he just shows up to puke run-on sentences once in a while instead of daily. Pretty sure it's just a cover for wordpukebot.
Keks, what'd you manage to do?

Are the towers the short shiny bits? I imagine that's the midday sun up there. Just how bad is the female:male ratio? If it gets too bad, there's always the fuel truck driver. He sounds like he likes a good slow dance.

Didn't transflo any of my trip sheets last week. Could not be fucked to remember them for some reason, and now it's come back to bite me in the ass.
TIME FOR CASH ADVANCES

That was remarkably dumb of you. Every time I get a signed bill, I toss it on my bed. When I park for the night, I see it there and scan them right then. Sole exception being Sunday/Monday deliveries, I scan them ASAP so I get paid for them the following Friday.

That sounds pretty intelligent so it must be the troll.

After I finished driving lastnight I ripped up my log book.

Started driving again off duty.
Driving that ass all across my sleeper

Yeah, I'm kicking myself now for it. I'm gonna see if I can't live on $100 till next thursday

Buy sandwich fix'n's and water. Keks

>"hey we need you to drop that load off at the st louis drop yard"
>ok what's the address
>"123 madison rd"
>put address into gps and take off
>hard cut to me balls deep in the middle of a residential area that doesn't have any no truck signs but desperately needs them
>guys what the fuck this address is just somebody's house
>"oh right the st louis drop yard is actually in madison il not st louis"
Fucking night crew I swear I think they do this shit on purpose

>Not doing an overhead satellite view on your telephone.

But honestly that's fucked up.

What is an OVERHEAD SATELLITE?
How are they different from regular satellites?

>He got canned a long damn time ago. Now he just shows up to puke run-on sentences once in a while instead of daily. Pretty sure it's just a cover for wordpukebot.

Am I the only one who likes his stories?

I'd have had a panic attack and floored it.

Normally I would, but the thing is, they sent me the split notice as I was on my way to the receiver, and I was already heading into St Louis, so I just pulled onto an on ramp for a minute to get the address and punch it in.

>living paycheck to paycheck
Sometimes I save up like three weeks just to see all dem digits on one check. Sure does piss off billing though

More proof Nestlé is evil. They make ice cream and frozen pizza in the same not that big facility.

Nothing wromg with that, but tenbux sez neither are made there, just stored.

ENTIRELY your fault.

Does anyone want to fight me. I can 1v1 anyone on this board. I will end ur life. Also, I am the best driver I've seen. Every day I drive better than everyone else around me. Don't reply to this comment. You're not worthy.

See Probably. Have you suffered brain damage in the past?
I wouldn't have had a panic attack. I still would have floored it.
I do that because my bills all roll in at the first two weeks of each month. Sucks. Gonna have to budget myself better.

Maybe the pizza but they make the ice cream here.

I'm lucky, only bills I have are my cell phone and insurance on my car I never get to enjoy. I'm thinking of ditching the car because 20 year old sports cars and trucker body styles aren't exactly compatible.

>bills

It's like you faggots don't even understand trucking. Part of the beauty of this job is having almost zero living expenses. If you want to make it in this field you need to stop paying rent and sleep on your brother's/sisters couch. Stop paying a car note and just borrow the family beater. Stop wasting money on food and eat ramen. Roll your own cigarettes and ferment your own cider in your sleeper, you just pour apple juice in a Ziploc and poke a few holes in it. If DOT asks you say it's bags full of piss.

I live in my mom's house but I practically have it to myself since she moved out of state. However, now I'm paying for everything in full because she can't afford to, since she's helping her bf pay for a nice place of their own, and she's fine with selling the house but I don't want to let it leave our family's hands. It's a Habitat for Humanity home so the house payment is dirt cheap, and it's mostly energy efficient so utilities ain't bad either. What really bogs me down financially is my credit card debt. I was just about to begin finally paying that down after it all piled up on me, then the blazer died for good, and I didn't feel like fucking with a totaled '99 gas guzzling SUV that leaked through literally every cabin opening, so now I have a car payment to deal with.

I would totally ditch all this and live out of the truck, but it's just not feasible right now.

demoted to dumper for a few nights

I got u f@m

Lol peppu gon fuck ur shit up

At first I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never make it to the gas station.

Then I filled my 300gal tanks with only 260 gals, so I guess my dash can suck a dick

I've done that once. Thought I could make it past Seattle.
>drive 30km on empty
>Volvo screaming the whole way
>never tell anyone
>Next time I talk to boss he says to fill up more often
How did he know!?

I drive a smaller international with a single 200 gallon tank that draws from the back of the tank. Going down steep hills at 1/4 tank on flat roads sets the alarm off. Then if you hit the brakes hard and the fuel starts sloshing all you hear is BEEE B B B BEEEE as it comes on and off so quickly.

Been there.
I have about 25g left when below E.

Im no mechanic, but maybe your fuel pump got messed up, or maybe your truck had the volvo link dystopian big brother tracking thing.

No no hazmat needed im guessing? Just got my tanker but insurance minimum is 23 and im 22 for literally all company's

Yeah i honestly got myself fired the truck i ran was a lunk of shit and i made them to much fucking money for the measly 21/hr i was making so i slowed my pace and demanded a raise
Fuck off i only come on here when im stoned and could care less about some autistic punctuation fetish faggot
New fag

What you hauling drump truck jobs are comfy

Yeah, those are the dehy towers, and I shot that around noon.

The female to male ratio is pretty much 1:99. Usually the only women on worksites are industrial medics, although I have seen the rare trucker, pipeliner, welder, and a journeyman crane operator one time. Its still basically a male dominated industry.

>Dirty, shlubby, ginger nerd
Wew lad.

No hazmat needed for frac sand. We don't have a tanker endorsement up here, and our equivalent to a Hazmat endorsement is an (usually) online course called TDG, or Transportation of Dangerous Goods.

The only optional endorsement we have that I am aware of is for LCVs or Long Combination Vehicles, so various long doubles, and maybe triples if they even allow them up here.

>so i slowed my pace and demanded a raise
I've been debating this for a while. It's almost my 1 year at Lowe's and feel like asking for two bucks. Then again I don't do all that much. Today I finished my day with three hours to kill so I went home and shitposted the time away.

Anyone here driven a Freightliner model other than the meme Cascadia?

I wonder if their well documented lack of quality control is model specific or company wide.

I see a few 122SDs pulling logs and tankers here and there, but have never heard much about them, good or bad.

>Newfag
Learn to punctuate. Your run-on sentences don't make any sense.

Plus you're a fucking degenerate.

There's so many jobs for cdl its insane, literally went to the closet place hiring and had a job by the end of the day, menards was suppose to be my like 4th or 5th interview but 1st one was a charm

Idgaf bitch i just bought a s6edge that i hate so fucking much so dont bother using punctuation

Who?

snow. comfy ain't the word I'd use for dumpers but at least snow is pretty light

How far back does a hair test go?

t. Totally never used drugs. Srs.

K

t. SJW 36 Tonne Trucker

>not having a wood fuel guage

lol K bud

Tits aren't nearly big enough

Also, I'm in rage mode this morning. My company has cut me off from getting cash advances now. It's like they really want me to quit or something.

Shitty. I guess this will be a hard learned lesson to get your paperwork submitted in a timely fashion.

That's not the same gril is it?

Do you have food stocked up at least?

Yes it's the same girl. And her tits are plenty for her frame.

I retract my former statement. She's a QT3.14.

Jeeeez, that 82mi stretch between the last service plaza on i76 in PA and the first one in OH is a doozy. Snow plows and general traffic fuckery resulted in me violating my logs by 2 minutes and shitting in a bucket.
Bless Ohio and their amazing service plazas, gonna utilize the fuck out of a free shower.

Hope everyone's day is going better than mine.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys.

Sleeper is fine except the whore door, which has the usual rust. Paint peels off the fairings because they're too thin to expand slow enough for paint to stick.

>they don't want salt getting on it
Is what the broker said. No salt means no tarp in my book.

>TRANSFLO
>for when your drivers are too dumb to run a scanner and you're too poor to afford trip pak

>he doesn't know the pickup tube is 2" off the bottom of the tank

I've driven an FLD, Columbia, and Century. Build quality issues have more to do with build date than model. If you want a new well put together freightliner, get a Western Star.

>Arrive at consignee
>Need to drop a deuce
>"Toilet is through door 19"
>Walk around building
>Find a small room clearly built as an add-on after the original construction
>No toilet paper, no paper towels, not even a fucking SEAT on this toilet
>Go back to front desk
>'Have y'all got a toilet?'
>"Oh yeah it's by door 19"
>'Nah I already saw that. I ain't using that mess.'
>They have a perfectly fine bathroom right there as I'm talking to them
>"Sorry that's the only one driver's may use."
If it were night time I'd be tempted to shit in a bag and leave it there for them.

Ah yeah I forgot about road salt. That makes some sense at least, but yeah I'd do the same as you, no salt = no tarp.

>5head

Maybe you shouldn't be in a profession where the average worker is obese and constantly shitting fluid

Apparently supposed to wait in this nice cell they've constructed to check in for unload. Been in here over an hour and have seen three employees, got ignored by all.

A dire warning from a fellow trucker who once shared my fate.

>TRANSFLO
>not working for a non-shit company that let's you scan in all your trip documents via phone camera and send them off over glorious 4G LTE

>>DRIVEN BY THE BEST™

Story time.

>pick up at Coca-Cola
>HOS are fucked
>ice storm approaching
>decide fuck it, run south to dodge impending ice doom instead of shutting down for the night, running legal, having to wake up at midnight when I get my recap and run tired in the ice and snow
>barely beat it but managed to still hit some freezing rain
>decide fuck it, what's two hours off my HOS
>make a beeline for the terminal and shut down -2 on my 14
>sleep like a rock, wake up at 5am
>still need an hour to get my reset
>going to be late if I wait, fuck it decide roll
>get 5mi from 90, some motherfucker rolls his shit on the 30 interchange
>end up late anyway because of it
>now my HOS are -17hr on my 14
>awesome FM gave me a load with a bunch of time and open pick up and drop appointments so I can fix it and keep rolling
>finances are still not kill
>mfw I was an outlaw trucker for a day

Yeah, that's just containment. At least you don't have to unload it yourself.

They FINALLY grabbed the container out of my loading bay. Third attempt, and they had to pick it up and edge it out a bit, then move the truck, then move the container a bit more, and so forth, until it was outside and they could lift it.

They got the damn thing down easily; I watched them do it. Without knocking holes in the roof or having to edge things around.

>installing a company app on your phone
>driving while out of hours on elogs
How many dumb choices do you make on a weekly basis?

Can't knock the hustle.

Segregating you away from the good toilet, no doubt.

Why do fucking four wheelers feel it necessary to get fuel in the God damn truck lanes
You're not a real truck

Even 4-wheelers with diesels were slapped with the DEF requirement. The car lanes don't have DEF pumps, and some asshats can't be assed to buy a bottle of DEF, and instead insist on using a DEF pump.

Yes yes, very well
HOWEVER
He didn't have a DEF tank or buy any DEF
Also, he pulled up and went inside but he only pulled up like 25 feet. I had to drive around him.

Ah well then that guy is just mega-retarded. That's an official medical term btw.

Another fuckin swap. I might just quit. 4 swaps in 8 days. Always in the middle of the night after waking me up in the middle of my sleep.

Pump DEF is normally cheaper to pump then to buy in bottles. However I fuel up at the car pumps then sneak over and fill my DEF tank after.

>not using glorious 60gpm truck pumps
Seriously, most cars can be in and out of a truck pump, even with DEF before the mega carriers anti-idle shutdown kicks in.

You americans call those things trucks. So its fine. Its a truck according to you.