/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Hey all

Hello user.

Hello user.

How's that HR?

>pressing the d-pad with the side of your finger
that seems really uncomfortable

Why are her pants off??

Idk man i love that claw style when i was playing fu

It's called clawing, you got used it. It was convenient because you could move the camera while moving and there was no soft lock, only camera reset.
Some people still insist on doing it with the 3ds despite the dpad and stick being flipped. These people are insane.

Good ol' psp days, there was no other choice

On a side note, has the pet the pig for better rewards meme been confirmed?

>there will never be a MH Pack of cute monsters for you to draw in Swapdoodles

So Im guessing there was no L-targeting

source for op pic?

Forced clawing is bad game design.

It should show up on pixiv.

You are right

>MH4U
>Search for a good LR set on reddit
>Has some kutku equipment
>Only quest that has LR Kutku is those quests that level up
>Kut-ku is lvl 34 now and i've only gotten 2 fucking ears, despite breaking his face every single time

JUST
RNG
ME
UP

Dude it's either Velocidrome or Tetsu. The fuck are you doing?

It's a mixed velocidrome - kutku set that can be gemmed to Atk up XL

>LR
>set
Dude, it's going to become obsolete before you finish it.

Hello anons, how was your day?

FUCK RAJANG SOME ONE DEPORT THIS NIGGER

>play 3U
>it's still the best
4th gen was such a mistake holy fuck

God I love him so much, Jho and him should be in every MH

I love his pin, it's brutal.

reddlt please go

As someone that completed portable 3rd, is 3U recommended or are they too similar?

Deviljho has no right being in any game that doesn't have Qurupeco

>underwater
>fixed charm tables
Don't.

Ichinose please go

Can't find, is it anywhere else?

Too similar. Basically you'd only get it to experience the real Lagiacrus (which I absolutely loved) and Ceadeus.
I'd say it was only truly worth it back when people thought the WiiU would not be a failure, 3U online was one of my best gaming experiences ever.

Don't touch it on the 3DS, though. The horrid controls don't make up for the better framerate. Underwater on a handheld was stupid. But so is uneven terrain and ledges.

Be sure to search the japanese name and search in the r-18 section.

>never had a problem with agnaktor
>it was one of my favourite monsters in 3U, always considered it a relaxing fun hunt with neat features
>get to it in gen
>it spends the whole time in the worst area of 4U (the game with the worst maps in the series)'s second worst map and the worst area in the game
>takes me 40 minutes
there are actually idiots out there that think underwater combat was worse than slopes

whoever enjoys Ancestral Steppe, Great Forest, or Forest and Hills, just get the rope. They by far are the worst flagship areas

Dunes and Volcanic Hollow are even worse. I want to strangle whoever the fucks are that they literally gave a paid vacation to "seek inspiration" for 4U's maps, and glass the places they went.

That's why memes are a bad thing when people start to believe in them.
>underwater is bad IM SO SLOW EW!!!
>slopes are good IT FEELS SO EPIC AND LOOKS PRETTY WOW!!!!!!

>>slopes are good IT FEELS SO EPIC AND LOOKS PRETTY WOW!!!!!!
But everyone hates slopes as well?

I see you weren't here before Gen were everyone praised it for the graphics aspect.

Why you calling me this?
Sure, I love Quru. Bring him in!!

the difference here is Dunes at least has one tolerable area to fight shit in

Great Forest - absolutely none of the areas near the basecamp are used for fighting monsters unless you take 50 minutes to kill them, the zone connections are complete shit, and it's loaded with walls to climb

Forest and Hills - THREE VEGGIE ELDER/NON COMBAT AREAS, ALL OF WHICH YOU CAN SPAWN IN, Zones are actual hallways that nothing fits in, battle theme by the shittiest MH composer in the franchise

Ancestral Steppe - Ledges are fine, steep slopes aren't. Guess what this zone is loaded with?
Let Dah'ren have Val Habor. Gen 4 would have been better if the main village was Cathar and the flagship area was Heaven's Mount

Don't hunt me or my sons

not him but I was here way before that and it seemed like the general consensus was that the maps both looked and were designed like trash

maybe they were praising it somewhere else, like reddit or capcom unity?

>dude more of these same epic meme monsters forever!
>why are you calling me that?

I have no idea what you're talking about, I've seen people here talk shit about 4U's slopey maps ever since it came out.

>maybe they were praising it somewhere else, like reddit or capcom unity?
That's some bizarre projection.
And no people were endlessly praising slopes and platforms because "its intersting!", "its prettier!" or just because "no underwater was just worse, this is good instead".
This went on for more than a year with people disliking uneven terrain being the minority.

You honestly can't deny that without admitting you weren't here.

Don't hunt me or my wife's sons

l-lad you can come back, I didn't try to tell you to leave, it's ok to die sometimes

Yeah and I've seen people here talking shit about how MH sucked since Tri.

Don't hunt my wife's son's father either

Jho is the fairest fight among "difficult" monsters, rajang is a really shitty monster though. It spends most of its time either jumping around so you can't hit it unless you snipe it with a greatsword or surrounded with an absurdly oversized hitbox so you can't get close to it anyway. As far as aesthetics go its roar sounds like shit and while it's a reference to a neat chinese story its design looks really bad, with its tiny shrimpy legs and comically massive arms. Remove it from the series completely desu.

Ok.

>That's some bizarre projection.
??? Do you not know what projection means or something?

>And no people were endlessly praising slopes and platforms because "its intersting!", "its prettier!" or just because "no underwater was just worse, this is good instead".
Sounds like something that happened one time and really wounded your ass. I was around for several discussions of the matter where it was one autist defending 4U's maps arguing with the rest of the thread and none of the reverse.

sorry for wanting the game to be good

>there was no other choice
Camera reset was more mainstream than clawing actually. Nobody actually really clawed until MH became a bit more popular and the PSP hardware made it easier to claw.

>Camera reset and clawing are mutually exclusive

In this context yes. People like to make it sounds that you need to 100% claw.

I think anyone not in the spectrum assumes that clawing was the only way to freely move the camera while fighting, not the only way to adjust it.

where my doodles boyz at?

Yes one of the ways to put fault on the older games is to imply that exactly. Although you yourself seem to forget one other alternative that is to stop moving and control the camera, which is probably what people did the most. Kinda like how you would stop pressing the face buttons to control the camera if a second analog stick is present.

>stop moving and control the camera
At low rank I suppose

>stop using the face buttons and control the camera
I don't have a frog face sorry, but you get the drift

Seregios deserves some love.
And fried shrimp.

Actually injured my finger doing this. It's been months since I last played FU but it's just now showing signs of healing.

probably the best pinecone in the entire game

>don't hunt me or my bitches
Fixed.

I will put my Seregios on my desk for you

Bros are we with /ourguy/ GH and will be supporting this MH clon..., s-spiritual successor that we so deserved?

Reminder that Seregios has fully articulated opposable thumbs and can probably grab things.

>nobody clawed until psp made it easier to claw
I legitimately miss clawing on the ps2 controller and using right analog to attack.

saying "successor" implies monhun is finished

How do I farm Bherna points?

2 Velocidromes in HR hub.

What's the politically correct word for MH clone not on Sony consoles?

it's still a MH clone

Inspired by ;)

what subspecies is this

You don't belong here man

I doodle a lot if anyone wants to swap, or just look at my doodles.

Thanks

Looks like a shitty ice-y sergios

I thought you could only swap through streetpass?

it sends it through street pass, but you don't have to streetpass that person, they just get it whenever they pass by somewhere they can connect to the internet and get it.

You need friend codes though.

Oh alright. Sure, I would love to see your doodles tho I don't doodle at all. So should we share our codes here, at discord or MHGen room?

I trust you guys
if anyone else wants to add me let me know.

>mfw monster hunter badges don't work with swap doodle

>I like this creature. I want to make a character out of it.
>Better make it blue so my character is recognizable.

How do I get started with Deviants? I want Silverwind armor

join turns room and post them

luv u 2 bb

What is your favorite color?

Do the first quest, then the second, then the third up until 10
Each gives you 2 of the corresponding numbered tickets, so you'll be doing each quest up to 3 times.
Quests 7, 8, 9, and 10 also give tickets for lower tiers, so maybe do quest 10 three times before you get round to repeating the lower ones.

green!

...blue

u 2 bby jpndts

Alright, got it