Why is Porsche the only European manufacturer that can make a reliable car these days?

Why is Porsche the only European manufacturer that can make a reliable car these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

jdpower.com/ratings/study/Vehicle-Dependability-Study-(VDS)-by-Make/846ENG
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584443/Porsche-recalls-latest-911-GT3-models-replace-engines-two-100-000-supercars-catch-fire.html
autoweek.com/article/car-news/911-gt3-recall-update-porsche-reportedly-replacing-all-engines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is Audi

unreliable VWs for BMW/Merc money, that's what

I know a Macan S owner who hates the damn thing, something breaks in it constantly. when that thing comes out of warranty it's getting dropped like a bad habit

is porsche reliablity just a meme propogated by fanboys?

The SUVs are glorified VWs, so no real surprises there.

my porsche has been the most reliable german car i've ever owned

i owned a B6 S4 and in 4 years it was a maintenance nightmare.

was a fun car but goddamn it was expensive.

And i didn't even do the timing chain guides.

I believe mercedes makes some very reliable cars. I don't ever really see anyone complain about them being unreliable besides the air suspension price meme and the fragile intake manifolds, which are generally damaged by retarded mechanics and not the consumer.

>b6
lmao

I want a Porsche for my next car, but dont see getting one for next 3-4 years.

Wish it was less costly to switch out cars without the fucking stealership and sales taxes raping you in the ass.

>Porsche
>Reliable

They're building a new stealership here and the motherfucker has like 200 service bays. I've had wealthy guys tell me owning a German car dealership is basically a license to print money.

Yeah, They might be reliable compared to other European brands but that's because the average Porsche gets driven less than 100kms a week. Driving to work once a week and the country club on the weekend is sure taxing on a car...

Japanese cars are the most reliable.

weird, according to consumer reports you're actually just butt-blasted faggots. go figure.

No. Russian old shitboxes as long as you can wrench them yourself. No issue under 200k cannot be fixed on the side of the road with a stand.

Only because their owners take care and maintain them. Most Domestic brands get treated like shit, abused and thrown away. Even a Kia will give you 10 years of pretty much trouble free ownership if you actually maintain it. Most people put 100k miles a year on it with no oil change and wonder why they keep needing engine replacements.

100k a year eh?

Go home Kia shill

Even reliable brands can produce lemons every now and then.

That`s because Kia makes reliable cars now, unlike most cars from Germany which become moneypits right after the lease is paid off.

where the fuck are you dick sucks getting these rankings from? porsche, audi, mercedes, and bmw all rank higher in dependability than kia. the chart i posted here is the 2017 consumer reports ranking, and this is the 2016 (latest) jd power overall dependability rankings.

jdpower.com/ratings/study/Vehicle-Dependability-Study-(VDS)-by-Make/846ENG

$10k a year in maintenance a year vs 1 oil change every year and it's a $14k shitbox.

That's quite the accomplishment.

>pulling numbers out of your ass
buy a new audi and you wont even have to pay for your oil changes. they pay for all your maintenance for the first 50k and its nowhere near $10k a year. so wtf are you talking about?

this. I have two audis and one is worth 3x what 90% of the board can afford.

All my maintenance is paid up till 50k and i have some protection through 70k.

I don't know, everyone i've ever known who owns an audi has been raped with shit constantly breaking, mind you most of those people owned older ones, but even the two guys i know who drive new (Last 3 years) audis say maintainence costs are absurd and they're not keeping them after the warranty.

My father's 2013 diesel forester has gone 339k (kms) without a single mechanical failure so far, just the regular maintainence intervals (and he hit a roo once which concaved the radiator, of which there was only one replacement part in the country for a year old car) This gives me more confidence in subaru than those figure suggest

>equating engine failure to infotainment glitches

This is why you isolate for powertrain reliability.

>what is audi

Audi is shit tier

Just buy a VW and save $50,000

WHAT WILL I TELL MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!

Old fashioned grumbly old people designing the cars to be relatively robust and simple with a closer relationship to race cars and generally not using bleeding edge technology

Except for the computerized oil dipstick, seriously fuck off with that shit

With the VW merger making them share chassis and engine designs with audi shit though I don't see that lasting forever

What's the nice one? A8l?

>With the VW merger making them share chassis and engine designs with audi shit though I don't see that lasting forever

fug, forgot about that.

Fuck man, why can't VAG just hire some nips and actually start producing reliable vehicles? I would love to have a GTI if it weren't for the reliability.

people who buy used audis are a special breed. if theyre not tuners expecting to do tons of work, theyre people who cant afford a new one so they buy the newest one they think they can afford and have nothing left over to maintain it. theyre generally not 'car' people and this is their first nice (or more specifically, german) car, so they treat it like their previous car (honda civic, ford focus, etc) and do zero preventative maintenance. inevitably shit breaks, its expensive, they cant afford it, so they bitch, bitch, moan, and bitch some more.

its not entirely their fault as they didnt know what they were getting into, but ultimately, they are luxury cars and they're overengineered. they may be 'older' but youre still paying maintenance costs on a car that was $40k+ when it was new. if you replace shit on time when it's supposed to be replaced then youll probably have an awesome, reliable car for a very long time. unfortunately no one does that, so they get a bad reputation.

ironically the lower-trim audis do share a lot of parts with VWs, so they are cheaper than parts for something like a bmw or mercedes which have more proprietary parts. yet poor people still bitch about it for some reason.

RS5

My dad owned a citroen xantia. Never broke down once in 15 years, everything worked perfectly when he sold it.

They are reliable. I mean as long they don't catch fire....

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584443/Porsche-recalls-latest-911-GT3-models-replace-engines-two-100-000-supercars-catch-fire.html

autoweek.com/article/car-news/911-gt3-recall-update-porsche-reportedly-replacing-all-engines

:^)

Holy shit someone on Veeky Forums actually gets it.

Kudos to you, dude man.

>needing to wrench them
>reliable