Speed limit is 75 mph, "Slower Traffic Keep Right" all along the highway

>Speed limit is 75 mph, "Slower Traffic Keep Right" all along the highway
>Some fag in a rusty Crown Vic is doing 75 in the left lane, I come up on him doing 85, slow down and match speed about two (maybe one and a half) car-lengths away
>Wait for him to pull over to the right lane
>He doesn't
>I signal to get into the right lane to pass, he fucking changes lanes, to keep himself in front of me, starts flicking me off
>I move back to the left, he starts to move to get back into the left as well so I straddle the yellow and blow past him

Why do people have to be faggots?

Fucking welcome to Texas, the law is "Slower Traffic Keep Right", not "I don't have to move over if I'm going the speed limit"

IF YOU'RE SLOWER THAN THE PERSON BEHIND YOU MOVE OVER

Other urls found in this thread:

autoinsurancecenter.com/driving-slow-in-the-left-lane-is-dumb-and-illegal.htm
mayfairrentacar.com/dangers-driving-slow-left-lane/
youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0
youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc&t=33s
mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The law is also that you can't go faster than the speed limit, retard.

people like you and the person OP is complaining about cause people to have to drive in an unsafe manner, making the road a more dangerous place for everyone. if you simply followed the rules of the road and didnt use the passing lane as your own personal 'im going to go the speed limit and play citizen patrol to everyone else on the road because im a powerless piece of shit and this is the only thing in my life that makes me feel big and in charge' then the entire human race would be better off.

autoinsurancecenter.com/driving-slow-in-the-left-lane-is-dumb-and-illegal.htm

mayfairrentacar.com/dangers-driving-slow-left-lane/

and here's a youtube video since youre probably an illiterate piece of shit and cant read the above articles:

youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0

Hey, it's this thread again.

Fun fact: Op is both baiting AND correct. Anyone who disagrees with him is a retard for being wrong and also for taking the bait.

This has been a public service announcement.

Get fucked.

On phone, does anyone have the story of the guy who bled because some wannabe traffic vigilante blocked the car he was in? He was in a chainsaw accident and his buddies were rushing him to the hospital. They were held up for 10 minutes, if they had been 1 minute quicker he'd have lived or something like that.

The law is set knowing it's safe to go above it and that many will.

Google 85th percentile rule, you mong.

Tell that to the cops when you get pulled over for speeding and see what they tell you.

That and Jeremy Clarkson's story about going to see his dying dad are why I never get annoyed at people driving stupid fast. Just get out of the way and tell myself I don't know what is happening in their life.

Outliers hardly should define the rule.

There's never a good reason to speed.

Obviously there were two perfectly fine reasons posted, so that's not right.

Huh I wonder if that's why ambulances drive as fast as possible breaking many other laws. Just must have no reason but fun huh?

AND YOU'RE NOT A SHERIFF YOU BACKWARDS BIRTHED COCKSUCKER

I'm just going to chime in and say that typically in an emergency situation where you have to go above the speed limit it's common courtesy to have your hazards on. I know in the area I'm in you're so far away from the nearest hospital it would be potentially life saving not to wait for an ambulance.

Was on the freeway the other day doing 10 mph over the limit along with the flow of traffic. A state trooper came up behind me and went around me doing about 15 over.

Nobody really gives a fuck about speed limits. They care more about dangerous drivers and people impeding traffic. In fact in my state (Florida) if you did what the guy was doing and din't move over to make way for a car overtaking you, you could get fined $135 even if the overtaker was over the limit.

>In fact in my state (Florida) if you did what the guy was doing and din't move over to make way for a car overtaking you, you could get fined $135 even if the overtaker was over the limit

>get fined for following the law
>the person breaking it doesn't

Ameritard logic right there.

>muh law

Have you ever downloaded something illegally before?

Don't lie about it now.

This. Raise your goddamn speed limits or change the definition of a speed limit to stop this from happening. If people truly are driving too fast to be safe on a certain freeway because it wasn't built/maintained properly or if the police and insurance companies won't budge because they're making too much money then something has to change

kys you're self

oh you

>get fined for breaking the law
The left lane is widely considered a travel lane. In many areas you're technically not even supposed to use that lane unless you're passing somebody.

If you're camping in the left lane doing exactly the speed limit with a line of cars behind you you're impeding traffic.

I rarely even use the left lane because speeders gonna speed and I don't want angry high-beam flashing and tail-gating going on behind me. I'm not on the road to enforce the law to other people and neither are you.

The fact that police officers don't even obey the posted limits and only really go after people who are not just speeding, but going well over the posted limit/past the flow of traffic says enough.

It should change but people should also follow common sense. Pissing people off by being in the left lane because you're adhering to some bullshit law isn't doing you any favors.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc&t=33s

I would love to see the the faggots date as I would have ramed his fucking car out of the way.
The look of loss, fear, and powerless, all rolled into one.
Just leave the faggot behind with a massive dent and a new view on life.

>Travelling in the left lane, when not passing, and the right lane is clear

The Slow guy in OP is also breaking the law, don't pretend he's a model citizen

Face*

that means EVERYONE is breaking the law in EVERY COUNTRY ever.
flow of traffic is way way more important for safety than some plate with number on it
I got worse.
>be me driving down 2+2 motorway in winter
>rules of land are: stay in right lane, use left for overtaking, kind of not nice to overtake on right
>do a few kph under speed limit because that improves my gas milage since I have worst autotragic in world
>some new honda accord comes past me and changes lanes 2" infront of my cars nose without blinker while going at speed limit
>whatever, just keep distance and go on
>all seems normal
>suddenly
>i shit you not
>on
>AN
>EMPTY
>FUCKING
>MOTORWAY
>I GET A FUCKING SEIZURE FROM THAT ACCORDS FUCKING BRAKE LIGHTS
>and the faglord drops to like 10 under speed limit
>allright this shitcake clearly is a fucking hazard so time to pass
>change lanes with blinker, start accelarating
>oh no this motherfucker wants to go wangan all of a fucking sudden
>accelarate to 140, the shitbird keeps up
>whatever, yield, let go of throttle and get back in the lane
>seems like that tricked the shit for brains to drive faster
>FUCKING AGAIN
>on the fucking empty motorway the accord in front tries to win best dubstep showlighting award with their fucking brakelights
>goes 10 under and forces me to tailgate again in no time
>in order to get past I had to fucking slow down to 20 under, wait for them to get far and then roll past them at 160 on road that was practically pure ice

I'm still fucking mad about that cunt

But they put the "slow traffic keep right" signs on the right side of the road. How is anyone supposed to see those from the far left lane?

>youtube.com/watch?v=LZhdvl_P1Zc&t=33s
Based cop herding the plebs to their safe space in the right lane.

Hence why I ride a bike. There is never a situation where I can't go around that law abiding asshat either legally or otherwise.

I just wish Floriduh had Commiefornia's lane splitting laws so I wouldn't have to worry about getting pulled over for something completely safe and logical to do in that instant..

>Law here states you can go up to 11 km/h over the limit
>Interpret it as "You should be driving at Speed Limit + 11km/h"
help

>hos is anyone supposed to see

Have you actually taken a close look at most highway signs and scaled them to nearby cars, buildings or trees? They are fucking monstrous for what they are. If you can't read them from at least a quarter of a mile away on a clear day, you probably shouldn't be driving.

>how is anyone supposed to know basic traffic laws after getting his license and driving for years, if not decades

Not always, you faggot. What if the car trying to go fast had some kind of emergency? In that case it's perfectly legal, and there is no way for a different car to know that so if you're driving on the leftmost lane and somebody is approaching you from behind, move the fuck over.

You are not the police

>km/h

Congrats, this is some fucking next level bait. It's right up there with GTR vs Z06 and that one guy who keeps bringing up Tesla 0-60 times.

Okay faggots, let's break it down. Someone who is exceeding the speed limit is technically breaking the law, if they do it then their bad. But if you are doing the speed limit in the leftmost lane on a highway in most states, YOU are breaking the law.

If you drive are driving in the leftmost lane and are obstructing traffic behind you, you are breaking the law in the following states:
>Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, , Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

If you are doing the speed limit in the leftmost lane and obstructing traffic, it's not illegal in these states/territories
>Alaska, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Dakota

A page citing all the relevant laws by state;
mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

tl;dr OP troll or not, if you are in the left lane and other traffic is going over the speed limit - please move over. It avoids aggressive driving behaviors and passing on the right (which is more dangerous). In most states in the US it's also a legal requirement to move right to allow faster traffic to pass left.

>passing on the right (which is more dangerous)

Why is passing on the right more dangerous? Honest question, I don't know the answer.

In the US, we have left side drive cars (driver's seat is on the left). This means that a driver has a much larger blind spot on their right side on their left. If a driver from the left side goes to merge, particularly if traffic on the right is going faster than him, there is a higher chance of him not seeing this driver and causing an accident by merging into him.

The other risk of passing right is that slower moving traffic from the next lane right may suddenly merge into the non-leftmost lane at a lower speed than the fastest driver is doing, again posing an accident risk.

>tfw retarded politicians set the max speed limit to be 62 mph because "we need to limit our carbon footprint" and "muh environment"

REEEEE I AM IN A HURRY YOU TREEHUGGING HIPPIE DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Have you ever been pulled over for 5-7mph over?

Yes if you live anywhere other than Burgerland you will be frequently

In the UK they won't bother stopping you for anything less than 20 over.
And even then it's a hard decision for them.

lolwut

all I've heard about American cops is how much they love to pull people over

We're talking about Burgerland though and the laws here. Don't be so dimwitted.

>mfw never getting pulled over because of veteran plates, an POW MIA sticker, IFAA sticker and thin blue line sticker. might add a "state troopers are your best protection" one too for extra security.

ive gone 20 over and they don't give a shit.

American cops also don't give a shit about pulling over bikes either, even ones with wicked loud pipes

>ive gone 20 over and they don't give a shit.
That's because they have better things to do than have some faggot screaming "im a veteran go cash reel crimnuls" in their face for doing their job. Go suck some more dick, you worthless piece of shit. At least the police are actually putting their lives on the line every day so some nigger doesn't rape your mom while you're off playing G.I. Joe so some rich asshole can have oil.

>broke the law because you used the lane incorrectly
>b-but I should get special privileges because I wasn't breaking a different law!
lmao your logic is even worse faggot

>It is neither legal nor illegal to block the left lane in Michigan

Schrodinger's traffic ticket.

>IF YOU'RE SLOWER THAN THE PERSON BEHIND YOU MOVE OVER

OP is one temper tantrum away from being like the person in this

>The law is also that you can't go faster than the speed limit, retard.

It's the law in Washington. The speed limit is specified by the state law as an absolute limit. That means even the passing speed is not to exceed the speed limit. As stated by the highway patrol, the posted speed limit does not mean that is the minimum speed limit; it is the maximum speed limit.

As it should be. Otherwise the term "speed limit" is a legal misnomer or literally exists for no other reason than an excuse to jew the working class out of their hard earned money

lol get the fuck outta muh fastlane

seriously though i hate pickup drivers infected with road rage.

we got to ban assault trucks.

Ban assault people

>speed limit is 75
>mad somebody going 75 is in the left lane

since you're too retarded to understand, 'slower' traffic means traffic BELOW the speed LIMIT

Actually, they care eventually. The police were out in force along a stretch of freeway where people regularly go 10+ over. People were getting pulled over left and right, including me. I didnt get a ticket though, probably because the whole thing was a demonstration meant to intimidate drivers. Needless to say, it didnt work. i blew through there going 85 with the flow and nothing happened today.

I move over for faster traffic. Always.

shit, they were both in the silver car's blind spot too, that'd be terrifying

Texas Traffic Code doesn't state that, it says slower means "slower than the current flow of traffic given the time and circumstances of the road"

If it's just two people and one is going 85 and the other is going 75, the 75 guy is Slower Traffic and needs to move over if there is a second lane.

I just love how it only shows that bit and not the literal 20 miles of that car pacing the other.
Or the other car cutting Infront of the pickup.

The pickup didn't just slowly come up to that and decide to ram the car, he was provoked.

>he was provoked.
Oh, fuck off, he deserves jail time and years of anger management.

cry baby cuck

>What if the car trying to go fast had some kind of emergency?
You're not the ambulance. Call 911 if you have an emergency.

i have a video of this, this just happened to me tonight, if anyone wants to see it?

i can upload it to my youtube right now

See

me + line of cars were going 130 kph in left lane for a while, then suddenly everyone slows down to 110 kmh behind this faggot ass VW.

Faggot ass doesnt move over to middle lane or right lane, decides to camp in left.

Me being the baws ass bitch nigga that i am, get right behind him and flash the fuck out of this fool, and force his ass to move, or speed up. he speeds up.

... for like 30 seconds, then slows back down, and pisses everyone off AGAIN.

so i say fuck it, and overtake on the right lane (dangerous).

after i overtake, people behind me start following as well, BUT THEN...

HE CUTS THEM OFF right at the very last second, and slows back down to 110 kph.

I see this in my rearview, so i decided to do something about it...

ill upload the video so you guys can see

god I wish I had a rear dash cam as well, then i could show the shit he did at the back. Definitely need to look for one.

if i may play devils advocate here i'd like to explain what happened

crown vic was more concerned about not cutting off the person he was passing than he was about getting out of your way. it just so happens that at the same time you decided to pass him on the right, he decided there was enough space between him and the car he was passing. however, he saw you being a dick and had to one-up your dickishness. then you could not handle this and felt you had to out-compete him for title of king dickhead and passed him on the shoulder.

you saved maybe a minute on your trip and endangered every driver around you. when people like you crash i do not stop.

>not having a car capable of pulling on a fucking crown vic
>signaling and not just ripping past as fast as possible and letting him eat your catless exhaust
OP did you learn to drive yesterday?

Haaaa. This
>Boosting to 80 off onramp
>get in left lane
>dumbfuck crown Vic owner floors it to get in front of me and proceeds to slow down
>be confused go to middle lane start casually going 100
>crown floors to keep up
>downshift, redline 4th at 120 already passing
>go 150 see little tiny headlights get stuck behind semis.
Feels fuckin fresh m80

>Really defending someone running another car off the road because "dere goin too slowwww"

Yes I am. Don't think for one second those people weren't sitting there all smug like niggers pacing the other car.
I m not saying it's right what the truck did, but if more people did it, niggers wouldn't feel so safe in their shit car and pull bullshit like that.

There is nothing unsafe about a well executed shoulder pass.
It's always safer to let the faster car go, otherwise you are provoking potential roadrage.

The issue it sounds, is the cunt in the crown taking 4 fucking minutes to pass.
A legal safe pass should take no longer then 30 seconds. Otherwise it is unsafe, as you will be riding in the other cars blind spot for too long.

It's only once in a while I get someone pacing in the left lane, I finally after 10 miles get safely around them, and I'll let off the gas in front of them until they fucking get over.

Yeah I downloaded a passing lane

Can't pass on the shoulder if it's so important?

>have to drive in an unsafe manner

Or, you know, you could slow the fuck down. I don't condone self appointed traffic cops, but they're also not an excuse to drive like a fuckhead.

>mp/h

absolute madman