/kfg/ Killing Floor General

It's double exp weekend, talk about this game

I got everything to 25 and got my cosmetics pretty much sorted.

When's the next free weekend. Those are always fun.

Post your character

I'm trying to get Survivalist working decently

Is the VLAD Nailgun considered a melee weapon?

I mean it's labeled for Berzerker as a melee weapon.

It's considered a shotgun i think

Don't think it counts since even the zerk doesn't get a speed bonus with it, assuming you're considering Melee Training.

Only work I got from that skill is just using it with the knife for speed while kiting/trading, or using it with the katana in the early-mid waves to save dosh on ammo until I could afford tier 4s to be sc/fp ready.

>Managed to get my Sharp from level 8 to 15 in one night. In Hard.

Feels good.

Am I basically forced to rush medic ar on commando now?

Nah. You can still run SCAR+AK-12 just fine.

Aaaaand cloud servers are down

hope you weren't planning on getting that 2x XP for your neglected perks! :^)

So I just started playing again after a long break. Has the firebug always been this strong? I picked the skill that does increased ground fire damage, and basically everything dies the instant I sneeze in its direction.

he recently got buff to the microwave gun and groundfire in the beta. they turned the gf damage down slightly, but its still ez modo

probably for the best since he was underpowered for 80% of the games lifespan

Anybody have the German gas mask?

I wanna see how similar I can get to KF1 Herman the German

So how does the breaking down of items work?
Is it like TF2, where you can craft something by getting enough of the components?

Pretty much. Breaking down an item gives you materials of the same rarity as what you broke down (common for USBs and crates) and once you get 10 of any given rarity you can combine them to create a random item one step rarer.

There's also different kinds of materials for cosmetics (hats and shit) and weapon skins, so you have Common Cosmetic Materials and Common Weapon Materials and those are crafted seperately into an Uncommon Cosmetic or Weapon Skin, respectively.

You can break the market by buying several cosmetic crates/weapon crate and recycling them. Alternatively, you can buy Extraordinary weapon skins cheap and craft something even more expensive.

Economy is fucked, babe.

>got the raining dosh emote
>doesn't actually rain any dosh
TRIPWIIIIIRE

I dunno, sounds like my kind of economy.

>Extraordinary weapon skins
What did he mean by this?

You just have to buy the DELUXE version, with EFFECTS and SOUNDS!

Guessing there's a bunch of 3 cent crates and usbs left from when they were uncraftable and people just wanted to get rid of them? Maybe I should get in on that.

What's a good moible Sharp build? I'm using LRRR at the moment with M14, Crossbow, and Medic Pistol.

gunslinger

But I like the M14 and Sharp's stunning abilities more than the GS' weapons and I want to be a Sharp with some mobility instead of planting my ass to the ground and getting wrecked by Stalkers when I try to snipe.

I fucking hate this. M14 EBR is my favorite gun in kf and it's actually detrimental to your team to use it over railgun, and gunslinger does everything sharp does except much better.

Speaking of Gunslinger, how's the LAR on that boy? Good enough to carry me along until I can afford a magnum or two or nah?

Not a fan of playing gunslinger in the early waves, but I love the LAR so if I can just roll with that and maybe a medic pistol for the first chunk of the game I'd be pretty happy

>launch game
>says I have no perk selected
>go to perk menu
>all are back to 0
>figure it will go away one I start a match
>match won't actually start
Thanks tripwire

If you can headshot consistently, m14 with ReU isn't too bad, especially if you take the left perks and crouch. But yeah, slinger does that but easier...

Honestly don't see a point to it. The slinger/sharp xperks feel like wasted potential to me. Stunning with a xbow as slinger would be great for stunning screks while they get shot at from for different angles, and deagles/1911s would be perfect sidearms for sharpie, but "lol sharp gets revolvers instead"

Also, since the LAR goes to the "pistol class", it confirms TW allows xperk based on theme rather then just purpose. Meaning, M14 shotty in swat when?

It fits the tacticool asthetic of swat perfectly, would assist with screk duty, and would mean the m14 actually would have a purpose, since it's ignored in support other than for having fun

Never

Sharp is fun and very useful if you can get a team that'll kep the trash off of you. Since you probably won't 85% of the time, you either have to play a gimped Sharp with a focus on mobility, which means you might as well go Gunslinger. It sucks because Sharp is really fun when it goes right.

Some old screenshot I've got

oops, meant m4 shotgun

Got last 2 levels of survivalis to max out, anyone got a link to a grinding map? like the one with animu girls on the wall

also, just turned game on, 0 on every perks, wtf

steam cloud service is down, noone knows when it'll go back up

>tfw no support bro to give me supplies while i'm playing SWAT
I've been spoiled too much

why would you need the m4 tho, flashbang and a mag from the kriss to the head decaps scrakes fine

I should play Support whenever there's a SWAT on team so the SWAT has more ammo.

Was Xp boosted this past week?

I was using a lvl 13 perk and I gained like half a level solo on normal mode in like 5 rounds.

it's not a need, more about liking the m4 and feeling like its useless atm

It's a double XP weekend.

Yeah but this was like on monday, was it double last weekend?

And by rounds I meant waves if that wasn't clear

I think a server will keep double XP as long as it isn't restarted after a double XP weekend happens.

>Herman the German
My nigga, only reason I got this

Ok, so one of the guys I play with sometimes and I have been having an argument about the usefulness of the starter shotgun.

I'm personally convinced its pretty garbage and not worth using past wave 1 or 2. I personally sell it to get double barrel on wave 2.

He's convinced its worth using for longer than that, he things its good to keep indefinitely, and he feels the double barreled is underpowered.

I don't understand his feelings on this at all.

Who is more correct here?

>Using modern Masterson with the gas mask and British Army helmet.
>Inbetween waves, a teammate looks at me for a second, then compliments me for the classic look I have.

It used to be good for the entire game, but the Trenchgun does everything it does but better now.

i only use it if i wanna troll and play survivalist

m4+m79

>keep getting kicked
>switch from rae to ana
>no longer kicked, instead people actually complimenting my ability, adding me to friends list etc

Why the fuck are people so shallow and fucking stupid that they won't give me a chance because I pick a certain character in this game

>using modern Masterson

BOG OFF YOU WANKER!

SG500 is certainly not a bad weapon especially for the earlier waves, and its synergism with the DBS gives you some freedom, but its not uncommon to sell it once you have the AA12+DBS combo, it can be used with the two and be a good trash clearer if you want to save ammo on the DBS and AA12 rounds, but now you have more options like the medshotty and trenchgun so it depends on how your money making is.

>he feels the double barreled is underpowered
Tell him to stop trying to snipe with it then, its meant to be for blowing back crowds + scrakes that are in your face with its wide spread and power respectively.

What are the chances Survivalist gets a skill overhaul like other perks did?

ana has a nice butt

>Hated Survivalist.
>Read advice on /kfg/ to use AK-12 and DBS as Survivalist.
>Now enjoying it a lot.

Most likely never, survivalist was their rushed excuse for a 10th option and I doubt they want to look back at that steaming pile of mess.

What would you change on suvivalist?

me

>actual unique knife
>choose starting weapon in gameplay options
>make molotov the starting grenade and make HE the weapon harness grenade
>replace poison perk with commando fallback

My idea for what survivalist would be would be like a prestige type class. Basically you can use any skills from other perks, but you gotta unlock them first with those perks first..
So you get to build like a custom perk that way.

Every HOE game would be 6 survivalists with the perfect minmax build

Modern Masterson is the only one that can use that classic look combo of Kevlar helmet and gas mask

That's one of the reasons why I use him.

same here

i have to sit there for about 2 minutes until my perks load

True I guess

Tactical tom Banner when

yeah when is Banner getting more armors and shit?

renewing my question - does anyone have a likn to that grind map with animu girls on the wall? i need to grind the las 2 levels of survivalist

>Didn't even get the horzine armor

>He's convinced its worth using for longer than that, he things its good to keep indefinitely
Seems correct. I've used that bastard until wave 10 when I've been funneling dosh into perks that need it more. So long as you aren't being overrun and can pick your targets and reload freely, it performs just fine, much like the LAR in a sharp's hands.
>he feels the double barreled is underpowered
He might be retarded.

Scar first? Or ak12

ak12, don't be dumb

I'm a semi-auto guy, so I get SCAR first. For automatic users, AK-12 seems to be a better choice.

>have full auto rifle
>tap fire
>is now semi-auto

wow

>he doesn't value precision

Get this treasonous fellow out of my general.

>Swap to semi-auto mode.
>Can fire as much as I want without having to control my fire key like I'm in Counter-Strike.
>Still hit #1 in kills and have better ammo conservation than someone trying to tap fire.

Bump.

servers are still DOWN

Stay Tuned.

AK has no semi auto

it's 3 shot burst or full auto

you can easily tap for one shot at a time tho

I use the burst-fire mode to kill medium zeds with one or two bursts (depending on the zed). It's ususally faster than trying to kill them with the SCAR-H.

all i wanted to do today was to get high an play, aaaaand the fucking servers are down

>mfw people complain about low-level players joining Suicidal games.

They make games more fun and challenging because they increase the enemy count and big zed health, you plonkers.

>Wants a challenge
>Plays Suicidal

servers aren't down, just wait for your perks to load. Once that happens you can join games

>survivalist is before swat on perk menu

Does this annoy the shit out of anyone else

lol sup tay

>issue apparently on steam's end
So i guess we can expect this to literally not get fixed until tomorrow or in ten hours.

The fuck is a tay.

Make survivalist more tanky to compensate for being weaker with everything, also slightly related give SWAT a buff on his armour

Steph!!

JULAYYY

fuck now i can't even start games

i played a couple by waiting for perks to load but now even after they load the fucking game won't start

I want to play pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Is fucking the stalker a sin?

hey tripwire is gonna be at pax south this weekend
i might buy a ticket

No. It's fun.

I WANT TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Oh course not.
STALKERS need love too.

I wish I could arm you.

NICE GAME FAGGOTS

TRIPWIRE MORE LIKE TRIPFAGS AM I RITE