/emu/ or /emugen/ - emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

News:
Retroarch now has netplay functionality for most cores. Get the latest nightly.
Cemu 1.7.0.d is out - check the wiki for info on getting games, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/?page=translations&game=472&languageid=
mega.nz/#!OAEkkQTZ!D8D2gnBdtEJGot7n1P_e-RcLW_FQj_CISYV3KZrPMgA
github.com/mudlord/cemu_kg
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1795
firebrandx.com/nespalette.html
mudlord.info/trashheap/cemu_loader.exe
youtube.com/watch?v=eSrwrur8eiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's what I thought.
I've often wondered if the solution to Xbox emulation would be to do something similar and emulate specific games, since there's only a handful of worthwhile titles for the system that weren't multiplat.

Thats less of a solution and more of a N64 emulation tier hacky method.
Still that would be hard to achieve because of the complete lack of knowledge and interest in Xbox emulation.

I guess I'm thinking more from an enduser rather than a preservationist perspective, to be fair.

>I've often wondered if the solution to Xbox emulation would be to do something similar and emulate specific games, since there's only a handful of worthwhile titles for the system that weren't multiplat.

There is not a single Xbox exclusive worth emulating

>inb4 that shitty JSR remake
>inb4 DOA Beach Volleyball
>inb4 generic Mech Game

Panzer Dragoon Orta.
Ninja Gaiden (Black).
Conker's remake.

>Conker's remake.
You can be serious
Only good thing about it was the multiplayer, aside from that it's inferior to the original

I wouldn't know. Never played it.

Grabbed By The Ghoulies. There's a quality title.

>Stop liking games I don't like
What's your favorite game user? It's shit whatever it is.

Pucca's Kisses game on WiiWare

I want to use a ps3 controller with my computer. Once I install the scp driver package, will a cheap bluetooth 2.0 usb dongle work perfectly? Or is there anything better?

First for I'm already fucking bored of Wii U games

Thank God I didn't have to pay for this shit

What the fuck man.

Cyka blyat

Who is that?

What happened to rustation, had Simias quit?

No commits for a while. Most of what he was working on was being incorporated into mednafen-beetle anyway though.

He got tired of emudev spam here and stopped working on it out of spite.

Start investing in real hardware while you can. Emulation will never be good enough.

A Dolphin developer who unfortunately passed away almost 2 years ago

>Start investing in real hardware while you can. Emulation will never be good enough.

Works on my machine ™

You got the wrong tranny

Real hardware will eventually die.

Does anyone have SD Snatcher in English? I can't find it anywhere

romhacking.net/?page=translations&game=472&languageid=

That was hard to find(it wasn't)

>that last one
>demo
>paid full release link

AHAHAHAHAHA

>it costs 12.5 euro
kikes will be kikes.

>paying for a romhack
>paying more than five dollars for a romhack

AHAHAHAHA

I can't find a japanese rom either

mega.nz/#!OAEkkQTZ!D8D2gnBdtEJGot7n1P_e-RcLW_FQj_CISYV3KZrPMgA
Haven't tested it myself but this one is supposed to be a prepatched copy of that kike translation

that's some next level jew greed, i wonder how many retards actually bought it

Gonna try getting Dolphin to work.

Can I play Super Mario Galaxy without waggle? Does an Xbox controller have enough inputs to simulate waggle to an extent?

It works great. Thanks senpai

The only waggle in Galaxy is shaking to spin and using the cursor to collect and shoot bits.

You can map shaking to any button, I recommend left or right bumpers.
The cursor movement can now be properly mapped to an analog stick and it won't snap back to the center of the screen like before.

Provided you don't mind moving a cursor with an analog stick, you can play Galaxy and Galaxy 2 without dealing with waggle.

>Senran Kagura burst doesn't boot
>Luigi's mansion 2 doesn't boot
>New Super Mario Bros 2 doesn't boot

And people think this project deserves money?

>uses arial in the official logo

smdh

Anybody got download links for wii ISOs? All I'm finding is paywalled mirrors and shady shit.

Just use the nintendo servers like everyone else

It's fucking free lol

Read the wiki

Writing emulators for free.

bump

Romulation is alright I think.

*woman

I'm sure that PCSX2 progress report is coming any day now.

Or could it be they've made literally no progress and have nothing to write about?

I can run any ps2 game worth playing perfectly and without issues bugs or glitches

Sucks to be you my good man

Can anyone post a photo of a psvita running SNES games at 1:1 and at zoom4:3?

I need to check if it's any better than PSP
I am going nuts since 1:1 is too smaller and zoom 4:3 looks smudged due to upscaling

Certainly not in hardware mode.

Or at a framerate that doesn't give me a headache.

>PCSX2 devs talking about removing DX9 entirely
Brace for butthurt.

How is citra comming along? I saw videos already with people playing Pokemon with I7 and shit.

If they remove DX9 then they have to update the 64-bit version and abandon the 32-bit one

Where?

Maybe you guys can help me out with Cemu:
I downloaded a wud file of Pokken and it came with a .key file, which I can't open. After giving up, I tried looking up keys for Pokken (should be the EU version) and added it to the keys.txt file, but Cemu still says it couldn't find a correct key.

Is there any way to use that key file to get the game running or something?

Games either work almost perfectly, or they don't even boot.

A link Between worlds = almost perfect
Etrian Odyssey 4 = perfect
Ocarina of time 3d = perfect
Senran Kagura Burst = doesn't boot
Luigi's mansion 2 = doesn't boot
New Super Mario Bros 2 = doesn't boot

Sounds like they're in heavy per game hack land

Nah, just a bunch of unimplemented stuff. Some games wont boot because of Amiibo/NFC shit (like hyrule warriors), others because of Mii or network, or some other little service check like those.

i'd want to donate to RA devs pockets lol. they don't need to tell me they are putting it back into the project
I get your point but I don't agree with it
enough dev happens on RA for free for me to bitch about where a donation might go
the patereon does have some fun goals though
I have no idea where twinaphex's own cash comes from, he spends too much time on rarch to have a job and he refuses to use the donations
yeah lol, and him sure he's not the only one pouring time into the project
that leaves govt disability/pension/etc, and savings
or mom's basement
yeah but the rest of us aren't putting in 12 hours per day
good point
* mooch has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)

Imagine if that kind of dedication was being put into emulation projects that actually matter.

For example?

github.com/mudlord/cemu_kg

feel free to add to Cemu wiki page.

They're already working on a 64bit version, it's far enough along that it boots so it might not be that far away that a working public 64bit version is released.

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1795

MAME

Dolphin, PCSX2, Citra, Cemu, PPSSPP. Literally take your pick. Working on retroarch is like flushing effort down the toilet.

>Starfox doesn't work because it can't check the battery state
>Majora's Mask doesn't work because it can't check for the CPP
What the fuck are the devs working on if not shit like this that will definitely improve compatibility?

Why do you think that?

MAME already has enough people working on it.

Because it's a convoluted mess that nobody except the autistic malcontents that develop it has any desire to actually use.

Consider the percentage of people that even know what an emulator is, let alone how to use one. Now consider how many of those people can be bothered to jump through retroarch's hoops, when they can use a perfectly good standalone with almost no effort.

>Cemu

Did you forget the part where it is closed source? lol

>abloobloobloo RA is too complicated for me to comprehend

You sound like a fucking retard. Stop having an opinion.

My mistake. Replace Cemu with any console that is in desperate need of attention. Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, etc...

Biting retort. At no point did I say I couldn't get retroarch to work. But why should I bother when I can just use a standalone?

"perfectly good standalone" with higher input lag and no CRT shaders, sure.

Why should I bother with emulators when I have real hardware?

The average person doesn't even know what a CTR shader is.

I'll ask again, what appeal does Retroach have to anyone except a very small minority of people?

Decaf

>>Because it's a convoluted mess that nobody except the autistic malcontents that develop it has any desire to actually use.

Except all the people who use it but don't develop it. Especially when it is ported to platforms with little else to choose from.

>Consider the percentage of people that even know what an emulator is, let alone how to use one. Now consider how many of those people can be bothered to jump through retroarch's hoops, when they can use a perfectly good standalone with almost no effort.

Apparently a good deal of people don't mind. And saying standalone emulators take no effort to setup is an untrue.

Why should I bother setting up 50 different standalone emulators when setting up one thing would work just as well?

Look mom, the misinfo spreading nigger is at it again.

Just report and hide

I think the whole idea of an API for pluggable emulator core libraries and the associated frontend that runs the API actually matters already. This should have been done long before RA got around to doing it to be honest.

firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

PVM-Style master race

I thought Cemu devs already working on a different DRM measure by next version or something?

>
>I'll ask again, what appeal does Retroach have to anyone except a very small minority of people?

The accuracy thingy, of course.

I thought so too.

>he uses savestates

0680 - Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (eShop) Decrypted

How do you guys run in on Citra?

Use the guide on the wiki you fag.

Tried, but I think it didn't contain anything I don't know yet. I don't wanna re-download all the WUD games I have in Loadiine format, so I wanted to get the keys to work. I also have a list with the title keys, but they don't seem to work. Now I'm trying to encrypt the WUDs with Uwizard but it won't accept the title keys, either.

mudlord.info/trashheap/cemu_loader.exe
Use instead of cemu.exe to run.
Place in same dir as cemu.exe.
All it does is generate new/update keyfiles and then runs cemu.exe, as shown by the source on github.

Any link to that spam, when did it happen?

neat. gonna try it on next Patreon release.

Kinda glad he left. You faggots only deserve coffee enema spam.

Are you even interested in emulation or do you just shitpost?

I'm thinking of selling all my nintendo consoles since most of them are becoming entirely emulation ready.

Which one should I keep if I want to be future proof? I have from the SNES to Wii U + 3DS XL

Keep your 3ds, that's it.

>Which one should I keep if I want to be future proof?
I don't understand. In the future emulators will be better and the need for consoles will be less.

the only things i cant emulate perfectly right now are wii u and 3ds

give them both 5 years and all the regular games will run fine.

maybe keep your wii if you like the motion bullshit, but you cant just hook a wiimote up to your computer anyway

The "original hardware" one sounds cool

Not 100% on whether or not this is the right place to ask (since it's not strictly an emulation question, just a general "getting old software to work" one.) but you're smart guys so it's worth a shot.
I've got a persistent problem with Microsoft's Flight Simulator 98 on Windows 7.

You can see the same problem seen in youtube.com/watch?v=eSrwrur8eiE - the game works in cockpit view, then turns completely black if you switch to the outside views.

I know I could just virtualbox this to make it work, but I'm interested if there's a solution to getting it running natively.

My suspicion is that it's a problem with DirectX (Probably v5.0*) or Direct3D (3.0 or 5.0*), but that doesn't bring me any closer to a solution that doesn't involve virtualization, which just induces the new problem of getting a joystick to work.

I tried playing with D3DWindower, dgVoodoo2 and nGlide but the problem remained.

*Estimated Chronologically.

cant or can? i read on the wiki you just press sync on the wiimote and it will sync automatically. Dont even need a dongle or something?