ITT: We pray to the God of Anime (Japan) and the God of Holocausts (Germany) that the 2018 will not be completely shit

ITT: We pray to the God of Anime (Japan) and the God of Holocausts (Germany) that the 2018 will not be completely shit.

Post your ideal specs for the new Supra and if dubs they will be true.

>Straight 6 twin turbo
>2+2
>RWD
>No hybrid shit whatsoever
>No electric steering
>No flappy paddles
>No gay ass infotaintment
>No gay ass Bimmer fake engine sound
>Stock 1000hp

>Stock 1000hp
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you'll get 250 HP and that's it

i wont now cause i didnt get dubz

Yes

>6 banger TT for top trim
>6 speed manual
>mk4 supra inspired dash
>proper GT car
>3-400 bhp
>easy to get up to 800+ bhp
>light-ish
>price wise around 40-50k

cmon guys gotta pray better than that

>rear engine
>flat 6
>slushbox auto only
>pushrods.
>electric power steering
>traction control that can't be turned off
>super soft shitty suspension
>front wheel drive

BWAHAHAHAHAHA SUPRA FAGS BTFO

Hahaha the sad part about this post is that this is more likely to happen then anything else posted in the thread yet. Also winrar.

The 2017 Supra everyone.

>rear engine front wheel drive

fuck I actually lost it

FUCKYOU

Okay, how do you like this? I kind of like this.

>Push rod flat six mounted in the rear powering the front wheels via a cvt.

Sounds like an Veeky Forums horror movie.

In all honestly it will probably be a TTI6 because BMW partnership, it will be RWD, and at the very least will be DCT if not Manual.
Looks will be okay. Engine will not be over built like 2jz but will be decent.
It'll literally just be a GT version of the FRZ86, so more power and more weight and less visibility.

It will be an AWD twin turbo v6 to compete with the GTR.

>>>pushrod flat 6
I'm interested in trying something different. sign me up!

I thought the 86 was the new Supra

So is it confirmed there's really going to be a new supra? Have they said what msrp will be?

Inline four cylinder engine
Rear wheel drive
Open diff
143hp at the crank without any power accessories attached
Tiny windows
Angry styling
Automatic with shitty electronic shifter controls
Throttle, braking, and steering all by wire

dubs pls

>2+2
Pleb

The ft-1 concept has been rumored to be the next supra because its supposed to be rwd with a straight 6

Its all just internet rumors, but people are guessing anything from $80-100k

Also its a fake magazine preview before anyone asks, still pretty cool though

>Ugly
>Heavy
>Slow
>Overpriced
>Boat anchor of an engine with literally one redeeming quality
>Starring role in a shitty B-movie
>Legions of undue rabid fanboys

Oh wait, you said new Supra

It will be like the new NSX, underpowered, but overweight, overdesigned and overpriced hybrid bullshit.

Sorry.

More than you can afford, pal.

OK let's try something else :

Competitively priced like a Corvette, hybrid flat 6 turbo AWD with motors on the front wheels (but not overweight), great handling with good steering feeling, no cupholder.

Kek has spoken! All hail kek!

I swear to GOD if the drivers compartment isn't based around the driver like on a mk4 i will make sure nuke #3 happens

UNDR8D

It's just going to be an LC500 with a worse interior and a good (BMW) engine. It'll weigh 4200lb, make 450 hp, cost $80k and have literally no impact on the performance car sector.

Then Youtube will be full of Highway Queens with $100k engines; Speedhunters will be full of stanced shit and everybody will think it's great

>germans involved with japanese car

PLS STOP THIS SHIT

I want a Japanese car designed and built by Japs and only Japs dammit.

Same for German cars

Muh autism can't handle anymore

>3L Straight 6 Twin Turbo
>1:10 compression ratio
>high rpm
>require 100 octane (RON)
>400hp
>RWD
>non hybrid
>2+2
>not sold in burgerland

Crownon?

nice viper

Nah it looks like what a modern Toyota 2000gt would look like if anything

When I was a kid I thought Beetles were like this kek

Wasn´t the Beetle a RR with a flat four aircooled boxer with pushrods?

The first ones were yeah. The newer ones are FF

3/5th of the LFA engine for just over 300 HP

No, all beetles are RR H4 powered.
Every single Version from 1938 to 2003.

Blocking these from your memory or what?

That car is called "new beetle" not Beetle.

He said "newer"

>Supra
>not even a real Toyota
>practically a meme car like the GT86

overhead pushrod rotary

It's going to be an expensive hybrid

idgaf, Toyota should make a good lightweight RWD sedan that isn't pigfat and make it affordable and reliable.
>inb4 butthurt poorfag
I am a buthurt poorfag

Its going to be a testbed of new hybrid technology aimed to take on the bmw i8 in power performance and price.

>not sold in burgerland
Stay mad, poorfag

>implying I would care
I am german...

They nailed the engrish

>V6 with a shade over 300hp

NEVA BIN DUN BIFFO

If your referring to "The sports of Toyota", that's Toyota's actual slogan or w/e for their old supra catalogs

>Straight 6

Nah, nigger, Toyota doesn't make those anymore. It comes with a 6 banger it will be a V6

>2+2

Why on earth would anyone hope for that?

>RWD

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised it if came in some stupid hybrid awd nonsense (like the NSX or i8)

>No electric steering

Who knows.

>No flappy paddles

You mean automatic? Lol, it's going to be auto. I can see it coming from a mile away.

>No gay ass infotaintment

Are you familiar at all with modern cars? It will have electronic EVERYTHING.

>No fake engine sound

Well, let's hope so. Toyota has a close relationship to Yamaha, and they made a tremendous work with the sound of the LFA, so here's hoping.

>Stock 1000bhp

Nope. It's not going to be an hypercar, is it?

so no matter what a car you can not afford? what does it matter at that point then

>rwd biased awd
>single (small) turbo v6
>DSG stock, manual expensive "option" that noone will buy
>hybrid
>quiet as fuck because muh luxury
>electric steering, throttle and clutch that are all light as fuck
>oh and btw, bmw designed the engine because the germans engineer everything SO well, dont you know :^)

This is the camaro desu famalam

>Boat anchor of an engine with literally one redeeming quality

so just like every american v8 ever made?

Its gonna be a hybrid, probably using a V8 or turbocharged V6, DCT with paddle shift only, expect luxury interior treatment with touchscreens for the center console and gauges. Combined power output around 600HP.

It's gonna be priced to compete with at least the GT-R, possibly aim for the NSX.

HAHA LONG BOY

checked

fug

Guys do you think the new supra will force the prices of used ones down since there will be more modern candidates for high-hp builds and the old Supra will lose a little bit of legend status and therefore i-know-what-i-got tax?

I really hope toyota puts a new v6 in it otherwise it would just be a z5 with a b58 and a roof

paying that much for a toyota.....

OP, i think you meant when are we getting a new s2000. :)

Now let's have a REAL assessment of what the car will ACTUALLY end up being:

>turbocharged 4 cylinder, moderate displacement (2-2.5L)
>RWD with no diff options
>electric steering with "simulated feedback"
>flappy paddles will be standard and no manual will be offered
>massive gay ass infotainment shit clogging 1/2 the dash
>terrible stock tune designed to maximize gas mileage while limiting fun for insurance reasons
>bloated and pigfat with unimpressive 0-60 and soft stock suspension for "muh comfort"
>LEDS JUST LEDS EVERYWHERE
>ridiculously high pricetag of $33,000+ for base model, topping out at near $50,000 for top trim levels/performance options (which will be limited and lousy TRD spinoff trash harvested from the Toyobaru)

Why the fuck do you people think anything good would ever happen?

>no manual
don't be ridiculous now

probably this desu

>Americans will get a choice of a 6 speed select-mode automatic with paddle shifters
>or a more eco-friendly CVT transmission for smoother acceleration and hands-free bull-prepping

3 cylinder paired with electric motor
Auto only

The dream is that they just slap a road legal cover on a TS050 but the best realistic scenario is some watered down version of that.

Double your price and you're probably close

Thank you

>having any hope for a """"supra"""" made by fucking bmw in 2018 not being a bloated, overpriced, unreliable, ugly, slow, hybrid, automatic, completely dull piece of shit

Ideal power source: electricity

TRD wont touch it, all they do is trucks now

SNEKK

I think they will go for higher than a 4 cyl.
>Open diff
If they do they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Wait, there are no cup holders in the Vette?

How am I suposse to drink my daily dose of coca-cola?

>Toyota should make a good lightweight RWD sedan that isn't pigfat and make it affordable and reliable.

What is the GT86.
You guys are dumber than a rock. They delivered and you still complain.

The chassis is being jointly made with BMW. It's not going to have a V6.

Only some burgers complain about it having only 35hp more than a AE-86 with a blacktop.

Don´t get me wrong, more power would be nice, but it is a reasonable priced, light, fuel efficient good handling car like the AE-86.

Nice Corvette, user

Fucking lost my shit at the end of that post.

>no gay ass infotainment
You just know it will have 9 bajillion screens in the cockpit that run a 100% closed-down proprietary mini-OS with exceedingly shitty infotainment functions but instead retarded shit like "performance monitors" with gimmicky little torque gauges and stuff like that. It's the worst of both worlds.

Is that the newly designed FR-S?

>2014 + 3
>FRS

Scion is dead famalam

I bet you the only thing you'll get is the straight 6 TT and RWD, maybe 2+2, and maybe the fake engine sound won't be there.

It's 2017 in the year of our lord, do you really think any competent auto manufacturer won't put hybrid bullshit into their sports cars?

>hybrid powerplant
Means instant torks for immediate off the line power, any manufacturer would be retarded for not doing something like this in their halo car (see, NSX). Hybrid powerplant will most likely mean

>flappy paddles
If they're gonna use an electric motor for instant torque purposes they're gonna link up the ICE engine to an auto tranny. One would hope that it would at least come with a DCT. DCTs are faster shifting anyways, which is what the suits want for the MK5 Supra anyways. They don't care about muh passion and muh soul and muh driving connection, they want something that's faster than the rest. You can't get something faster than the rest with a manual.
But a boy can dream right?

>I6 NA base, I6 TT top trim
>2 Seater/2+2 option
>RWD
>DCT/Hybrid optional, 6 speed standard
>Engine open to modding (like the original 2JZ)

regardless of the power it makes its still a shit engine. toyota should have put a turbocharged i4 in their model, and subaru should have put a boxer in theirs. that way people who wanted a decent engine could have got the toyota, and vapers could have got the subaru.

>any manufacturer would be retarded for not doing something like this in their halo car

fairly sure the top tier "toyota" is meant to be the LFA, not the supra. that would be like saying the mustang should get hybrid cause its fords "top tier car" when the GT exists

>Shit engine

Stop m8, it is not a shit engine.
Look at american engines for the last twenty years for that.