/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willy size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

wubbems with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

visordown.com/features/how-to-do-just-about-anything/nick-sanders-advice-on-sportsbike-touring
sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6005442283.html
youtu.be/JTJ9w8e-1e8?t=434
youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M
youtube.com/watch?v=CgRaJZlqwzw&t=189s
youtube.com/watch?v=fioOO9vLrcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aesthetic

I'm murican and I love my bikes and having friends who I can ride with and take trips around to places n have fun lil adventurers.
Highway bars are GOAT

I'm stoked. I've got to fold them in when in town though as they get in the way of my feet and shifting.

So, I bought a Honda Nighthawk, had trouble starting it before I rode it home but didn't think it was a big deal

A week later try to start it and it only went WHIRR

Push started it and rode around the neighborhood and realized it was spewing out oil when I returned

Turns out the previous owner fucking unbolted the starter and never bolted it back, so it felt like the starter gear was spinning freely cause it actually was and wasn't connected at all

He used the bolts to screw in the battery bracket instead, which you'd think would be a red fucking flag since the bolts were 3 times too long and didn't screw in nearly all the way

What careless shit have you overlooked recently, /dbt/?

Continue posting aesthetic bikes

I want to get a bike to commute to work. I like the fuel efficiency and affordability of smaller engines (200cc to 450cc range), but I'm 6'1". Anything I could use as a commuter in that range that won't make me feel like a circus bear? Perhaps an Enduro? They tend to be taller.

>But supersport bikes are just not comfortable or practical for four plus hours of riding.
Wat. Sure it's not as pleasant as a touring bike but it's certainly not a big deal. I pretty regularly do long distance rides on my bike.

Also, Nick Sanders.
>The bottom line is, the R1 will go anywhere. I've ridden it through 30 different countries, six continents and round the world three times so I know that.
>visordown.com/features/how-to-do-just-about-anything/nick-sanders-advice-on-sportsbike-touring

Shadow 600 or 750 would be fine, otherwise consider a dr650 or memerz400

Can't say I've seen foldable highway bars. Mine don't bother me though. But I'm sure I'm just used to um

Yeah but to be fair, your bike is much less cramped than mine. It's not very big. They're cool though, they've got Honda in gold lettering and shit. Nice factory aftermarket option.

If your bike is moving at all then the weight isn't really a big deal.

My first bike was a Nighthawk 700, it's like 550lbs wet, I was a little nervous but after not even a week I was totally comfortable with it

You fucking cunt. You actually made me google memerz400.

But yeah, going smaller than a shadow probably just isn't gonna be practical.

Lol. Pretty much any metric cruiser that's between 950 and 500cc would probably be good.

Join the tribe.

>listening to your advice

Refute it.

Aesthetic

Youve owned two bikes. One being a shityy old dirt bike for 8 year olds and the other being a cx500.
Your opinion on anything that isnt those two bikes should be ignored. Heck, any advice you have to offer for those should be ignored as well!

>crush washer

That's arguing against me, yet not arguing against my point that he'd be fine on a 500-950cc Japanese cruiser, bikes known to be extremely user friendly, cost effective and reliable. This fallacy is considered ad hominem, and instead of engaging in the argument shifts the focus to something entirely different than what is being discussed.

Third, not only that but you've filled to get your facts straight and know I have owned three motorcycles.

I like my 250 but if you need to go more than 90+ get a 600cc.

You are an idiot, everything you say is wrong. There is no need to try and 'engage in the argument'.. Its like, if a kiddy diddler says that what he is doing isnt morally wrong, would you actually engage in a discussion rather than breaking his neck?

Lmao

I can easily get triple digits with my memeja 300, I'm sure it'd be a lot easier with a 600 though.

>put on new fairings and turn signal that ibroke off
>Do it in 10 minutes

>have to take off top fork bridge to put in new whatever the fuck metal cage this thing is that holds the headlights and wires.
>took 4 hours to get it undone unwired and redone back together

I should have just paid the dealership to do this but they would be jews and charge me a shit ton of money.

Yah its just easier on something bigger if you want that. Plus not reving it to go up hills haha. anythin 400+ would do great and not sound like a fart machine.

>stardate 47634.44
>not owning an easily swappable motard/dualsport

Any vermont fags?

How is winter riding?
Roads get frost heave?
They use salt?

I'd be coming from Colorado for a fat job offer but I don't know anything about VT, except that I'm not really an "east coast" kind of guy.

>the year 2017
>Veeky Forums still flips pictures sideways even though they appear right side up on my phone and computer

>Japanese cruiser
you mean midlife crisis machine for poor kids?

Hey Octo.
Gotten the zx-10r back into working order yet?

Just put it through an editing software and re save it as a different file

testicles

>implying

I have a program on my phone for resizing photos, it takes all of 2 seconds and it fixes the sideways posting while helping this site survive

Also I really like your bike

well thanks for sharing

I'm sharing as a polite way to ask him not to post massive images and help him with his issue

>tfw started on an old hand down ninja-twofiddy
>just got a ninja 500

will be back at home tommorow probably just hooked wires up again instead of getting new ignition. Gotta get a nice dick lock and cable for it probably.

Photo & Picture Resizer does it really quickly. Has fairly decent compression too.

where ur motard wheels at doe

thx bby

now all he has to do is look through hundreds of resizing programs for his phone until he finds one that works. ver helpful!

>if hillary won

pls do with this bike

sweet undertail mawd.

Lucky enough for him, someone already recommended one.
Eazy peazy

Why though? Lol

Count your blessings

I'd take that over the 100% tariff on foreign bikes

I never noticed how much fucking neon yellow there is on a MotoGP grid

>riding dirt bikes on road
jokes aside it would be fairly fun to have some for fucking around.

It's fun

>ride fast on twisties because street tires
>go on dirt and do hektik drifts because street tires

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6005442283.html
Is it worth it /dbt/?

>buy a set of leathers online on clearance
>don't fit, send them back
>3 weeks later I still don't have my money back and the next size up (which were also on clearance) just sold out
I'm pretty fucking pissed, they were $330 off and now I can't buy them even if I did have my money back, which I still don't. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow, how much of a shitfit should I pitch?

youtu.be/JTJ9w8e-1e8?t=434

oi trev I think i want a CRF250R

also this corner looks fun

absolutely not unless you just like the styling.
I paid about that much for my 06 636

yet to ride a newer one, mine was a 2009 though and still one of the best handling bikes i ever had, one of the least reliable though but im sure they have managed to put decent valves in them by now.

>sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6005442283.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M

that bike is a collectors item, nobody cares about a 636

thinking about it... how do you like it?

An '89 ZX7 is far from a collectors item, it's a cheap outdated sports bike that you would only get if you like the aesthetics or can't afford anything newer, it's going to be a long time until that's a collectors bike.

i'd like one as a second bike.

Never an only bike because

>zero comfort
>short maintenance intervals
>low fuel capacity
>shaky single cyllinder engine
>because that's what an offroadan bike needs to be like

That's exactly what a 2006 636 is, except the 636 will never be a collectors item

Central Vermont Rider here.

Winter riding is horrific in this part of the state (and most). We don't have a "clear road" policy like New York, so there are entire roads that are nothing but frozen slush and ice.
The frost heaves are horrendous, not to mention the pot holes. Fork rebuilds are big business in this neck of the woods.

They use tons of salt. That's the one thing keeping me from riding at this point. Don't want salt all up in my metal bits and no heated garage to wash it off.

The summer riding here though, is absolutely amazing on some of the roads.

Top. Fucking. Kek.
>Americans

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW with bikes under 100hp
Nice scooter, cuck

Whats worse, not having a bike or having a scooter?

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW with bikes under 300hp
Nice shitbike, faggot

Having a non riced to shit scooter

Having a scooter is equal to getting cuckolded by tyrone while wearing one of those penis locks because your girl told you to and not having is like not having a girl.

but bike life homie

youtube.com/watch?v=CgRaJZlqwzw&t=189s

Those feels when only 103 at the wheels from the factory, why even wake up tomorrow.

tfw only 600 horsepower per ton

This is what happens when you cuck the police too much

its fucking disgusting what's happening in London these days

youtube.com/watch?v=fioOO9vLrcU

Oh god I'm only 534 per ton.

might as well start using heroin

i like how everyone is scared of the dudes battery powered grinder

I thought I was ok with this but Its pointless. Time to buy the H2R on bike sales atm going for 'only' 90K

Hey I enjoy my ruckus

I should imagine an angle grinder to the arm stings a bit, battery powered or otherwise.

If they came up with a decentl half fairing and some hard bags for the xsr900, I'd buy one today. Don't mention the mt-09, it's fucking ugly.

>awesome platform
>pretty bike is impractical
>practical bike is bionicle ugly

Fuck yeah, temps are going to stay above freezing from now on.
Time to get the bike out.

Scooter/Mopedfags should be shot on sight.

>stop liking what I don't like: the post

I am sure it would hurt him just as much.
plus in a crowd it only takes one to attack and like 20 follow

>assmad mopedfag detected
neck yourself lol

>superstock pilot never rode a sportbike on public roads and only uses a scooter
>some insecure noob on 4chin spergs about scooters
Ayy lmao

Look at this big motherfucker! Tell us about your heroic deed of the day.

i killed a spider with a can of flaming fly spray today.

So you're a killer, uh? Smh senpai.

I forgot that this time of the day is when all the douchebags come out.

I hate american posters too

155 for a sprockets+chain combo is fair?

If X ring yes.