Muscle cars

I hope we're all in agreement that the challenger looks the best, the mustang performs the best, and the camaro is the best compromise between looks and performance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I
youtube.com/watch?v=9ucu4cQauJY
youtube.com/watch?v=dVh3wkuTzg4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak
youtube.com/watch?v=XLeP2icw-9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What about the Charger brah.

>camaro
>mustang
>muscle cars

what about it?

Mustang is by far the best looking.
The Camaro is one of the ugliest cars I've seen in my life. It's fucking hideous. Mustangs are gorgeous compared to either of them.

Mustang has no arse, what are you, Irish? Look at the arse on the challenger, so meaty.

Chump change

What about it? This thread is about the big three muscle cars. Four door family station wagons are not part of that line up. Ok you can get it with the hemisphherical engine, still not a sports car, or a muscle car.

>mustang performs the best
At least you tried

Is there really much difference between them performance wise? I'm an aussie and while over in the states I hired a challenger to drive from San fran to la which was pretty fun, would a mustang have been much better?

The 6th gen Camaro definitely performs better than the S550. As much as I hate the stupid vision slit windows and the way it looks, it's definitely the best car of the three. I'd still take the Challenger though, since it's the only one that actually looks pretty good.

in a couple of months I'm going to buy one of those three. I'm leaning towards the camaro.

What would be the some of the reasons to get one of the other ones?

The only reason to buy the other two would be an accidental overdose of Stupid Pills. Buy the Camaro. Amd dont come home without 8 cylinders, unless you are planning on telling your dad you are a homsex.

get a challenger. you're never going to use that extra performance, may as well get the best looking one

it will definitely be a 2ss

>What would be the some of the reasons to get one of the other ones?
When it comes to price to performance ratio, nothing beats the Camaro. I personally don't like the look of the Camaro and I would rather have an R/T scat pack Challenger. Also, I've never been a Mustang fan. Cobra is okay though.

i honestly don't like the looks of the challenger too much.
See i really like the looks of the camaro which makes it even more appealing

what do you heaps think of Australian muscle cars? this thing is a fucking mad cunt

if you like the looks of the camaro there's no reason not to get it

What is the American equivalent to that? I actually like the look of the Holden SV gts.

maybe a chrysler 300 srt, or whatever the top spec is. we don't really get two door muscle cars over here, except the mustang just recently and soon camaros

I'm curious as to why the Mustang took so long to get over to Australia. Is there just not a big sports car market over there?

Theres a few reasons i think. Less of a culture of driving. Driving in america is pretty fun, melbournes roads are generally pretty clogged, even if the quality is a bit better. Could also be manufacturing issues, i know the camaro didnt come over because you couldnt make them fast enough for the american market, let alone the australian. They would also compete with ford falcons, which were very popular cars, so you would be cannabalizing your own sales, since anyone who wants a mustang would compromise for a high level ford or fpv

You got the last 2 mixed up
Camaro is the best performing, Mustang is the best compromise.

>you are a homosex.

No, you are actually a non-native English speaker.

Why is the Corvette or Charger not in here? Don't those count as a muscle cars?

>Don't those count as a muscle cars?
No.
The Charger is a full size sedan much like the Crown Victoria was. Just because it has the name of an old muscle car, RWD, and a V8 engine does not make it a muscle car.
The Corvette and Viper are also not muscle cars. They are sports cars. And if you want to get technical about it, the Camaro is no longer a muscle car anymore as it is more of a full fledged sports car.

I don't know about the Charger but I'm guessing the Corvette isn't there because its different class of car. If he was looking at Cobra's and Hellcats then the Corvette would fit in.

Corvette and viper are too expensive

That was another strong point of the camaro. It's almost a sports car that costs as much as a muscle car.

No. Corvette is a "sports car/coupe". Camaro/Challenger/Mustang are "muscle cars". Muscle cars generally have a back seat, larger gross weights, taller roof lines, less aerodynamic body design and usable trunks/boots. Sports cars also have two doors, but they are more sport oriented and designed to also go around corners. Generally no back seat, no usable trunk, lower weight, lower roof line, more aero dynamic shape.

No go look at a picture of a Corvette and compare it to a Camaro.

The Charger has 4 doors and a large back seat. At best it can be called a sport sedan.

These are basic design concepts. Just because a vehicle has a large engine does not make it a "sports car"

Ok man. I guess that meme us older than my dinosaur.

muscle cars are shit

no they aren't.
youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I

>BMW M4
>msrp $67,195
>SS Camaro
>msrp $33,505
Amazing performance for the cost. I still think they are a death trap though.

Chevy SS, its a rebadged commodore. better get them fast, its the last year their selling them. not too many people know about them, their pretty great cars

Well then just pay double for that Nazi space magic engineering.

>I still think they are a death trap though.
You'll walk away. They're actually very safe. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
youtube.com/watch?v=9ucu4cQauJY
youtube.com/watch?v=dVh3wkuTzg4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak
youtube.com/watch?v=XLeP2icw-9c

Back in 2011 when I was shopping for a muscle/sports car, I test drove a 2SS Camaro and I could not for the life of me see out the back windows. Every time I made a turn I basically had to second guess myself. This may have changed but it was the deciding factor that steered me away from a Camaro. In the end I decided spending a little more money and getting a C6.

all of them look like shit and hardly resemble their 1st generation, besides the challenger

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the Camaro, it somehow looks even uglier than a 4th gen.

>its the last year their selling them
To my understanding the Chevy SS has way too many recalls and that's affecting sells, so GMC is pulling the plug on it. I don't know if the Commodore's have the same issues.

oh no. The visibility is even worse after the 2016 redesign. But it's a safe car, and if you know how to properly use mirrors, it's not a big problem.

It's not any that. The car is plain as fuck. It looks like a rental car. If I was going to drop 40k on a car, I would want it to have some sort of look to it. The Chevy SS is so boring to look at. It also took GMC 2 years to offer the car as manual. 6.2L V8 available only in an automatic, fuck that lol.

VF Commodores don't have thise issues. They seem to be pretty great cars, and they're the only 6 cylinder family car in Australia that still sells. In Australia they're more of a family car then sports car, since you can pack two adults and three kids into them, fill them with two weeks of luggage, strap a tinny board on the roof racks, chuck a camping trailer on the back and head off to Bonnie Doon for some tinnies, shrimp on the barbie and enjoy the serenity

4u

2018 pls go.

As an America, I understood only the first 2 sentences. The rest was complete gibberish.

Carn brah yer yanking me dingo out billabong digeridoo ya flamin galah

wut

Agree

>Mustang better performing than Camaro
No. He got the last 2 mixed up.

The Mustang is a pony car
The Camaro is a pony car.
The Challenger is a muscle car.

Learn the fucking difference.

Waht is the fucking difference? Please explain it to me like im an aussie with no idea

Pony car is a subgenre of muscle car. The cars are smaller, lighter, and are more focused on handling.

Thanks

The Camaro performs the best by a decent margin as of the latest gen, the Mustang looks the best imo, and the Challenger lags behind on both and it way outdated in the generation jumps.

>Is there really much difference between them performance wise
There's a pretty considerable difference. The Camaro is the clear winner in performance, largely due to having magnetic suspension available. The Mustang is in the middle, and I'd say it's closer to the Camaro than the Challenger. I've tracked all 3, the Challenger is a nightmare, the Camaro is precise as hell, and the Mustang is fun because it requires more driver input but doesn't handle as well as the Camaro does. In highway driving, the lack of handling is masked for the Challenger so in your situation there probably wouldn't' have been much difference.

>reasons to get one of the other ones?
There isn't one unless you absolutely can't live with the exterior look of the Camaro which shouldn't be a problem since The only other reasons are if you want to modify, in which case the Mustang is the easiest of the 3 to work on and has the most aftermarket support or if price is the deciding factor.

>It's almost a sports car
At this point, you can go ahead and drop the "almost"
Mustang is getting there too. We'll see in 2018 with it getting DI and a magnetic suspension. Too bad the facelift is fucking hideous.

>still think they are a death trap
The biggest fault on the Camaro's safety is the roof strength. Fortunately they're fucking impossible to flip. I've intentionally tried to induce body roll and I'll lose the wheels long before like it feels like it's getting any sort of separation from the road.

>Back in 2011
Visibility is considerably better in a 6th gen if you have your mirrors and seats set properly. Obviously it's still not optimal, but I found it easy to get used to.

A Mustang and a Camaro are a pony car. Muscle car is a lot broader and could plausibly include things like V8 Chargers and Commodores.

Use the side mirrors. The c-pillars are narrow because there's no muh rear headroom bullshit so you just look over the rear fenders like rehscar.

>shrimp
>aussie
maybe next time

>handling

pretty mch this

other than the "seam" that runs down the middle, I don't think that looks particularly bad

To be honest, it's not that bad looking. It's looks restrained for your typical angry muscle cars

that seam is too camaro-esque imo

Do you want to track your car? Camaro
Do you want a good all round DD? Mustang
Do you want a highway cruiser? Challenger

Challenger best looking by far
Camaro best performer by far
Mustang entry level girl car

Straight from R&T

The Mustang has a pleasant teardrop shape to it. The Camaro looks too busy and large. The Challenger looks like a small boat but that's okay for a highway cruiser.

>Mustang is best DD

What is this meme?

Challenger is by far the best DD, specially the new one. Way more comfortable, can actually fit 3-4 people, has a decent sized trunk.

Mustang is claustrophobic, unless you're a sub 5'9" manlet.

the fuck you say

2014 Camaro was too big for my stupid LA condo garage with its narrow underground turn-in.

Scraped the corner like a bitch

The only thing agreeable here is that OP is a faggot

Challenger is definitely more spacious than the Mustang, it's also a much bigger car. I own a 16' GT but I would never call it claustrophobic inside.

The Camaro on the other hand, is like looking out of a tank port hole on all sides. New one blows away the GT in performance numbers, but I couldn't get over visibility. That is what ultimately killed it for me. Maybe if they re-design it again in a few years, ill compare it to the mustang refresh in 2020 again.

You can hold your pinky on the steering wheel and touch the headliner in front of the windshield with your thumb in the Camaro. I don't even have that big of hands. If it wasn't for the sunroof (if you drive one with it) it would feel like a coffin.