Texas meet - February 25th

Texas meet on February 25th.

Previous thread: Decide what time: strawpoll.me/12207612

>Who?
You; Veeky Forums.

(Sponsored by Night Wave: )

>What?
A gathering of Veeky Forums users to drive spiritedly together and bring all Texas (and beyond) users together to share in the enthusiasm.

>When?
February 25th. This allows at least one month's worth of notice for the board to prepare and schedule for it. It lands on a Saturday. Time of day to be determined.

>Where?
Widely considered to be the best stretch of driving roads in the state, The Three Twisted Sisters starts in Medina, northwest of San Antonio, and ends in Leakey, and is a 131-mile series of twisty roads.

motorcycleroads.com/75/555/Texas/The-Three-Sisters-(AKA-The-Twisted-Sisters)--Ranch-Roads-335-336337a.html#sthash.VHrcfJii.dpbs

>Where can I sign up?
Just post in this thread with a picture of the vehicle you'll be bringing, and we'll add you to the roster.

Be sure to download the Zello, a walkie talkie app for road communication and coordination: zello.com/texwave

>What can I do/how can I help?
Post suggestions for the meet, if you live nearby or know someone who does, feel free to drive it and scout it out to determine interesting landmarks, regroup points, gas stations, and other things that will help keep the experience smooth.

Report in.

Sponsored by:

The chef will not be able to attend, ill be out of the country from the 24th to the 27th

non-texans should be shot on site

TEXAS FAGS GET IN HERE

WHO UP?!

It's a 5-6 hour drive to the Twisted Sisters from where I live... should I come and spend the night before to get ready for the run? Trying to decide if it's worth it...

I'm going to try and make it since your going be just west of San Antonio. I would post my car but I don't want to attract all trolls/fanbois, so we'll just say it's a candy apple red Japanese sports coupe and leave it at that.

That is some Craigslist tier photography.

Miata/FR-S confirmed.

>tfw stalking the Veeky Forumstist that lives in your town

I am going to stay the night before

post car

kek

There's a place called the Historic Leakey inn that's pretty comfy. Highly recommended

Less Craigslist tier pic

Also thanks for the hotel recommendation, still tryna decide. What's the average speed of the Twisted Sisters? When I drove to the Tail of the Dragon i was really pissed at he 30mph limit as well as the cops literally everywhere. It was pointless.

>inb4 the one guy with his mom's highway patrol bf

There's no cops dude, or at least I didn't see any when I was there. Each turn has a speed advisory, but I highly doubt there'll be any heat on the actual twisties. People driving through the sisters are a huge moneymaker for the surrounding towns, and i would doubt they'd pay some constable to ruin that.

Don't you faggots have better things to do with your time than caraving down the highway?

NON-TEXAN DETECTED

SHOOT HIM DOWN

Texan here
Do you Texan fucks mind small trucks? i wanna get a particular shitbox truck and rebuild it.

Texas has the only real market for the things since no rust and low prices since there's so many of the damn things.

Any truck can be had in any configuration in decent shape for $5000 or less.

Idk if I trust my 34 year old bike to not break down on the way over.
>tfw 5 hour ride from DFW

I might be up for it if other bikefags are going

I see, i found one like that for about $1.5k. thinking about biting the bullet.

>my mom just wrecked my golf
>this shit just poped up
just fuck my shit up senpai

ill give u ride if u want

I doubt you would drive to DFW freind, but thanks anyway

oh, okay.
im a galvestonfag. that would be a trip.

Maybe one of the Dalfags can help you out. I know Magikarp and Kappa are up there.

I wanna come, but I don't wanna be laughed out for bringing my rusty 03 taco

How did a taco from 2003 get rusty?
That should have been decomposed by now.

What said is right. There are no cops on the roads but there are in the towns. So follow the limit closely in those areas. I believe most of the roads are 55 or 60 mph with corner speeds posted in yellow.

Also I really like the advisory speed limit signs because it tells you how sharp of a turn is coming up. After a few corners you will get a good feel for how much you can overshoot the speed limit and not die.

"no"

>letting other people drive your car

Actually I live in Tyler. I just go to all the /dfw/ meets so I like to pretend I live there.

Patchy?

Camry user, I can't come. I've got work from 5-2pm in houston that day and the next so to get there would require 10 hours roundtrip and literally not sleeping or stopping at all. I like meetups, but I like coming to work with at least 3hrs of sleep more.

It is that time again! I will be sending out sign up sheets and waivers later this week. Keep in mind the basic rules of the meet.

1. Follow all traffic control devices.
2. No drugs or alcohol anywhere near the meet. You will be arrested I can promise.
3. No driving without permission. Upon arrival, deposit your keys, insurance and DL at the table where we will keep them in locked storage. My mom or aunt will be handling this, and my aunts Texas state trooper bf will be there as well.
4. When ready to drive, check out your key from the table. If at any point during the meet you speed, loose traction, turn to sharply, brake to hard, forget to wear a safety belt, drive dangerously, or any other form of "hoon" driving my aunt will keep your DL until the state police can ticket you.
5. Mostly, have fun and enjoy fellowship.
6. Bring food to share. I will be bringing smores supplies (choc, gram crackers, marshmallows)

Also I will need emails or mail address (snail mail) for the waivers.

2 Houston casualties.

Every time.

>choc

still debating whether to go or not
its a long trip

Bump

One (1) week.

black wrx guy here, just changed my winter tires out for my summers (spent winter in WI) and dear god this car is suddenly amazing again. I was wondering if something was up with my suspension/steering for a while, but it's just the tires.

ffff. really tempted to come now that these are on again.

Fascinating to hear how much of a difference a change of tires can make.