Muffler reveal

Hey Veeky Forums
So I got a 1998 Ford f150 5.4 and I'm getting a new flow master muffler installed tomorrow. My truck has been known in my group of friends to be the quietest of the group, what would be the best way to reveal it to my friends? The most confusing or surprising way possible

You should just remove the down pipe and muffler that will make it loud

um....just tell them, it's only a fucking muffler

>someone took the time out of their day to make this monstrosity

dear lord

i'M having way too much fun with paint tongiht.

Well, Flowmaster's all sound like shit and are complete garbage, so you should hide in shame instead.

A muffler isn't going to do fuckall to that turd anyways

>this

magnaflow masterrace

Get a thrush glass pack you fucking faggot.

I disagree with everyones suggestions so far, basically you fucked up op.

What you do, is decat it and run dual pipes. Then you take a glass pack, and cut most of the center out of it so it's only like a foot long and weld it back up.

> Friends tell you, your truck is quiet
> You proceed to try and make it loud
Something i will never, ever understand is why people want loud as fuck exhuasts. Like what's the fucking purpose besides being an annoying showoff.
> Inb4 mad underpowered shitbox owner
When i had a 300HP truck i put the quietest exhuast i could find, a quiet vehicle feels a lot more luxurious

I replaced the headers on my pickup and the old exhaust didn't line up, so I drove it several times exhausting straight out the headers. From outside the vehicle it sounded beautiful, but it was miserable from inside the cab. I used earplugs on the highway. Even so, when I welded the exhaust back together, I was disappointed by how much tamer it sounded. Of course, that's 2 1/4 inch exhaust on a 305, so even with dual pipes, no cats, and flowmasters, there's significant restriction. Considering glasspacks, and maybe a 3" exhaust.

I don't want my exhaust to be loud as fuck, but it's nice to hear some muscle from a V8.

Hollow out the cats along with the new muffler. That'll wake it up.

>5.4 Triton
Get rid of it before you break the spark plug threads
Absolute piece of shit engine

It was the 3v heads that did that you plebian.
98 was 2V

remove the resonator and put a MF on it.

t. midas muffler guy

I have three of that era Fords and when the cats got crumbly I removed the stock exhaust (it doesn't rust in the South), scribed index marks before and after the cats (four, lengthwise, ~90 degrees apart) then Sawzalled the cats out, knocked the ceramic out with a hammer and length of rebar or pipe, aligned the parts using my index marks, and MIGed or FCAWed them together depending on which welder I was standing nearest. Cheap small flux core welders work fine.

Always use anti-seize on exhaust hardware. I keep trucks for many years and this method works fine besides being nearly free.

IRL trucks don't need some ideal exhaust, just some plumbing to dump it out the back. I also used the resistor trick to replace the rear O2 sensors. I clipped off the stock sensor pigtails and soldered the resistors to them, then covered with heat shrink. That way your stock harness is unmolested and you can do the job on your workbench.

BTW Ford Truck Enthusiasts is the ultimate Ford truck forum.

2v still shot out sparkplugs all the time
people replace them and do a shitty job and out they come, they need to be torqued to 20lb-ft, most people don't even bother

>my group of friends
Stopped reading there, stop making decisions based on peer pressure and bragging.

Well that's those people's problem.
I did the ones in my 99 250sd, torqued em in my feel and havnt had an issue.