youtube.com/watch?v=pRNWlVTUxq0
youtube.com/watch?v=BUCVXVf_cKU
youtube.com/watch?v=gkU9ssm3dMc
youtube.com/watch?v=eowzCCdYzLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Richard hammond seemed to have an erection for it in Grand Tour

Good news - Built in Mazda's Hiroshima Plant

Bad news - Fix it Again Tony™ engine

Its fucking sexy as fuck and if you live in the US it only gets 4hp more than the non-abarth.

Little antenna in the back you secretly hate but defend when all the friends and bitches you drive around in the car point out for looking dumb as fuck.

Uglier then the ND.

people will keep telling you it will break down any minute
you will believe them

It is a better looking fiat 124 but is overpriced as fuck. Buy the Fiat 124 or Miata.

get a base 124 and a chip or a club miata

Fiat knows how to make an engine, its electrics they struggle with

The engine is as reliable as the Mazda but nicer to drive and sounds better.

Miata for the price of two new miatas

t. Yurop

I'd get one if it was a 4 seater, desu. It's not though, so I'm looking at the 500 Abarth. Or a mustang.

T. Retard

glorified miata

i'll copy + paste one of my previous posts

the 124 is literally worse in every way than the miata & will definitely make you look like a faggot.

>single cam
>autistic 240z ripoff design
>fca reliability
>heavier
>more expensive
>all these drawbacks for an inferior vehicle

the 124 is basically a shittier & uglier nd miata.

i test drove the nd & it was pretty fuckin great. only issue i had with it was the surprising amount of body roll, but nothing coilovers/springs can't fix.

miata is the answer, once again.

>inb4 assmad replies from mentally disabled fca shills

>tell a girl you drive an italian roadster
>she gets wet
>tell a girl you drive a japnese roadster
>she runs off with chad or tyrone
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

500 abarth isn't a 4 seater

the salesman will try to tell you it is, it isn't. It has a grocery bench with seatbelts.

>uglier than a miata

>I like your miata.

It's really nice.

But I'd rather just slap a turbo and an LSD on a Miata for less the price. Looks better too.

it's a slightly less shit mx-5 but it's still shit and sounds like garbage

Thicc

>sounds like garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=kfnxJ_GT24U

t. professional hater and renowned busrider

Finally a car scaled to his size.

it's kind of mediocre stock, sounds good though
it'll depreciate like CRAZY because of the badge

that's about it
tune it to 200whp and get the factory turbo miata we always wanted, since the mazdaspeed was really restrictive to mods

spider > miata

>miata is the answer, once again.

The answer to the question "What car does make me look like a faggot?"

lol mad police pull over papers plox

"It has a grocery bench with seatbelts"

MY SIDES

HNNNNNNNNG

>having to buy an exhaust just to get rid of the Italian tractor noise
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovv12s3FEvU

This is even better: youtu.be/o-5qfOg_hZE?t=24

muffler delete at 24 seconds

I'm thinking that will be a good thing for the used market in a few years.

The 500e prices in particular are crazy right now. I'm thinking of picking up one as a daily driver.

T.integra owners

wait, the 500e electric? or the 500 abarth?

>unironically watching this shit show

The electric one, they're going for 5-6k used with fairly low miles and about 5-8 years left on the battery.
Even with the delivery fees (because there's no way you're driving it any real distance and) Its still going to be pretty reasonable for such a new car as long as you're ok with the limitations.

The Abarth is generally still 12-15 used which is ok, but it has no real advantage over my GTI when it comes to performance and it would be a lot less convenient on long trips.

>fca reliability

it's built by mazda you fucking retarded cunt

>Miata Skyactiv engine has a 14:1 compression ratio
>"Just slap a turbo on it bro"

holy shit. and to think i was excited for this thing. mazda, make a car with real horsepower you faggots.

The 124 and the Miata are nearly the same fucking car, they share so much shit it's impossible to compare them as two different vehicles.

Anyone trying is just shit posting, prove me wrong.

New miatas go for 30k used here €, this is like 25k new

>Opinions
It's nice that they've got two very polarising designs with two distinct engines, it offers a very wide market apporach, which the MX-5 on it's own can't do.

I actually prefer the 124's looks.

Shame both are slow as fuck still tho, right? My 2006 BMW has nearly twice the HP. You'd think after 30 years they'd stop selling slow cars to faggots and women right? Like who the fuck actually buys these convertibles new?

And we'll post how wrong you were, again.
>>single cam
The only advantage of DOHC is that you can seperately phase the camshafts. SOHC is actually better at valve control. However, with the Multiair system, you can phase the ''cams'' completely independent of each other, and you can also control effective lift. You can even have multiple valve events for better atomisation. Multiair SOHC > Skyactiv G DOHC, since the latter cannot even into VVL.
>>autistic 240z ripoff design
The original 124 was introduced in 1966. The original 240Z was introduced in 1969. The 124 heavily influenced the 240, so a retro 124 is bound to look like a 240, that's just a matter of Nissan ripping off the original design.
>>fca reliability
Built by Mazda, with the NC gearbox (better than the ND), and a reliable Multiair engine. The critical parts (body, electornics) are all Mazda.
>>heavier
Only slightly so, and still light in the big scheme of things. Despite the added weight, still just as fast as an ND.
>>more expensive
Granted. Depreciation is worse though, which does indeed make it a worse vehicle to buy new - but it'll be a better buy down the road.
>>all these drawbacks for an inferior vehicle
Now you're just regurgitating your opinion.

The 124 has some distinct advantages:
>~30% more torque
>Literaly twice the powerband
>Different looks
>Turbo gainz

I'd say they're evenly matched, and if you've got the budget for both, simply pick the one that looks best to you.

Lolno you can buy the nd 2.0 for ~23k€ just like the normal 124. The abarth is >40k€.

Are you mongoloid? (Yes)

The Record Monza is the stock exhaust for the 124 and you can also find that on the 595 abarth as optional on some models.

>says the BMW driver

lol autism

>no real advantage over my GTI

I should say so. The thing would feel like a ride on lawnmower, comparitively

>a ride on lawnmower

You've just described the DSG ownership experience™

youtube.com/watch?v=9AMwRF_szQo

Great comeback.

Not everyone is a benchracing faggot.

with an FCA engine Einstein.

this senpai

I once fucked a girl in her fiat 500, and I can confirm that those backseats are only there to make insurance companies happy

I'll buy one when used ones can be had cheap, and put a fastback fiberglass top on it. Looks like a mini 240z, I love it. That engine requires changing though.

As they said on The Grand Tour:
>the 124 is nowhere near the MX-5 so get a Miata
>unless you want a fast Miata, then get the Abarth

Personally I like the 124 look better, and the Abart 124 is sexier in every single way. Period.

There is a major problem though: the 124 is expensive, and the Abarth is stupidly expensive. For slightly more than half the price of a new Abarth you can get a used Z4 or a new Fiesta ST200.

Why is the fuel mileage so shit for such a small, lightweight car?

The Z4 is a fair comparison but the Fiesta ST is a FWD shitbox with a turbocharger slapped on and is nowhere near the same league.

>sounds better.
That SOHC piece of shit is one of the worst sounding 4's available on the market. It sounds like an explosion of hot wet diarrhea trying to escape from between two intensely-clamped ass cheeks.

How could you possibly sound this buttmad, you crusty piece of sad shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=pRNWlVTUxq0

youtube.com/watch?v=BUCVXVf_cKU

Find me another 1.4 who sounds like this.

Also

>Italian engines
>Bad sound

Pick fucking one.

youtube.com/watch?v=gkU9ssm3dMc

youtube.com/watch?v=eowzCCdYzLw

You literally have to be an inbreed faggot to dislike this engine note.

You can set apart the autists from the real car people with it.

>I think it's nice
>IT'S SHIT, SHIT I TELL YOU. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

reminder that fiat depreciation is something like 30%

a top of the like 32k abarth will be worth about 24k one year from its launch

>youtube.com/watch?v=pRNWlVTUxq0
>that abarth badge flying out during the pop

>The only advantage of DOHC is that you can separately phase camshafts.

lol really? not the quality or quantity of air flow?

you could of summed up that whole section by just saying its VVT + VVL. It's nothing new.

I'd rather have a 13:1 compression ratio than VVL anyways. If you knew anything about engine design you would not have looked over this.

Even if the fiat motor is just as reliable, which I don't doubt, maintaining it over a long period time will be more expensive just because of the price of parts.

>Depreciation is worse though
I hope you mean for the 124. Fiat 500's in the US have horrific depreciation, and the 124 will suffer the same. June 2016 you could find NC's (2013 and up) selling (and actually selling) for 22000. Abarth 500's which is the least depreciating model for fiat is still pathetic. a 2014 Abarth was about 25,000.00. They usually are listed around 14k and often less.

Its more of angry manta ray look, the catfish look is purely 370z design. New 86 front end sure comes close.