Why do people mod their R34s to give them a super high amount of horsepower when the car can only go up to 180km/h?

Why do people mod their R34s to give them a super high amount of horsepower when the car can only go up to 180km/h?

Same with other cars. What's the point of giving your car 1000hp when there's a maximum speed it can get to which is usually between 180-220km/h.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOqVjs1m8nU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this bait
a car isn't limited to it's dashboard gauges; it can accelerate past the limit of such gauges given it has enough power

Acceleration. It's not about top speed. Very few people ever get close to the top speed of thier car. People want to look cool from signal lights and accelerate faster like the bald muscle man and the dead guy from the Furiously Gay movies.

No this is a serious question.

If the car can go faster than what's on the gauge, then why do the manufacturers out 180 as the max speed?

Why put any maximum speed at all?

Well why doesn't a manufacturer just put your speed as a fraction of the speed of light? The same reason, its irrelevant to the purpose it was designed for. Kill yourself. Ridding the bus must give you alot of time to ask stupid questions.

i swear to god this the same autist who's been comparing every car for the past month based on top speed determining which is the bestest?

Japanese sold cars have a speed limit of ~190km/h for "normal" vehicles. The car can physically go faster than the graduated section of the speedometer with modifications.

link related youtube.com/watch?v=oOqVjs1m8nU

>when the car can only go up to 180km/h?
t. japan

this is almost like saying how X vehicle is faster than Y vehicle because the speedo shows higher numbers.

Just because a bone-stock evo indicates upto 180mph dosent mean it'll do it.

pic related

It says mph.

>people falling for b8

>not realising he posted a pic of the r35 gt-r titled r34 dashboard & it's in mph

retards

actually it's not even an r35 it's a fucking gt-t with r35 dials what in the fuck

Okay first off you retard, it literally says km/h, if it says mph then where's the fucking p after the m?

And secondly, I just searched any random picture on google images for a GTR's dashboard, and this is the one I saved. I didn't choose the file name.

Same to you.

There was a time in the 80's when ALL speedos in the United States could only be marked up to 85. Literally everything was subject to this, even Ferraris and Lambos. Ford, in a famous workaround, decided that their turbo charged Mustang SVO would simply have a needle that went further than 85, even if the guage was technically only numbered that high.

Wheres the fucking k faggot?

It's been drilled off, you autistic fuck. It's supposed to be where the hole is to the left of the m

Aside from all the other dumb shit about this post that has already been pointed out.

>0-60 in 10 seconds with a top speed of 180
vs
>0-60 in 3 seconds with a top speed of 180

Which car is "faster"?

Cant blame them.

Look, here's a picture of the dashboard for my own car, do you see the fucking similarities you retarded faggot.

Cool now drill the k off. It looks retarded.

And stop being so fucking triggered.

How is having the car look the way its supposed retarded?

No.

corvette also got around this with triple digit lcd speed display while the dial only went to 85

Are you retarded? One of the most popular mods is deleting the ECU speed limiter and replacing the speedometer with a Nismo 320 kph one.

So how fast does this bike go, OP?

How am I supposed to know faggot, that gauge shows the RPM.

My 1.6L lancer wagon's speedo goes up to 260km/h. That's getting close to three km/h per kiloWatt that the engine puts out.

What's the screen on the left for then?

Fuck if I know, it's a blank screen. I don't drive motorbikes.

>km/h / kW
Don't give benchracers new units to shitpost about

they're the same fuckwit

Outer ring is mph
Inner is kph