Skyline GT-R Nur-Spec II
Just say it
>Nur-Spec

I'm pretty sure it's "GTR V-SPEC II Nur"

>Jimmy
>GMC Jimmy
It sounds like the car is in the special needs class
It sounds like someone let a child name it
I know nothing about the actual vehicle but why would you name it Jimmy?

I have a hard time keeping track of all the alpha numeric references unless they have specific meaning and even then it's complicated. Consider all the standard car names that you know like Coupe de Ville, Impala, Toronado, Continental and Marquis. You know exactly what those are. Now think about how many numerical car names that you know, especially from different makes. You might be a Mercedes fan so you have a grasp of all the Mercedes numbers and what they refer to, but what about other manufacturers?
My opinion is that standard names are easier to keep track of.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Jackie Chan Special Edition

It's a reference to the letters GM which phonetically would sound like Jim.

I like mine better

M5 30 jahre edition
Motorsport 5 series
30 year anniversary edition

Ford Galaxie 500 was a great car name.

Buick Roadmaster. Now that's a fucking name my friend.
Range Rover, Land Cruiser etc.

Twingo

Can someone explain the naming conventions of BMW cars to me? I can't make heads nor tails of it.

Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am WS6 SLP Firehawk

Toyota MR2 SW20

Saying MR2 sounds like some cool robot name

Unless you're French. Then it means shit...

first number is the series (type of car)
1-7 (the smaller the number the smaller and less expensive the car)
next two numbers are the engine size (16-50) used to be actual displacement but is now just horsepower. smaller numbers have less and higher numbers have more.
if it says "i" (325i) than it is gas. "d" is diesel

x is suv line
x1 is the smallest, x6 is the second biggest
the higher the number the more expensive the car.
m cars are the high performance models. bmws can have an m sport package, which changes suspension and wheels, or be a half m car (M140i) without being a real m car. the m cars are M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M.

So would the M760i be the highest end car BMW makes?

And the award for the gayest car name ever goes to Dodge NEON.

Neon really isn't that bad of a name. The car is attached to is terrible though.

>Charger
>Challenger
>Dart
>Stealth
>Magnum
>Viper
>Neon

kek, hadn't noticed earlier

The neon was never intended to be some badass car. It was an econobox.

>toyota matrix
Really wish its auris instead...

Not original guy, but I guess that depends if you consider an Alpine B8 a BMW or not.

Can I say that the Japs have a history of very odd car names? I'm not saying the cars are bad, I'm saying the cars have weird names.

The old Daihatsu Compagno Berlina has an Italian and cosmopolitan name but it means "family saloon". The Toyopet, an already strange name, was gonna be called the Toyolet.

Back in the 80's, Mitsubishi made a coupe to take on the Nissan 300ZX and wanted cool, manly name but Stallion was copyrighted so they called it the Starion instead.

Nissan has a very poor history with car names as well. We've had the Gloria, Silvia and my personal favourite; the Cedric.

As far as I know, the last two numbers are just marketing trickery now.

caranddriver.com/news/2017-bmw-4-series-official-photos-and-info-news

>Ten years ago, if we said the 2017 BMW 430i had a 3.0-liter six-cylinder and the 440i had a 4.0-liter V-8, you’d have had no reason to believe otherwise. (You may have also wondered what the heck a “430i” and “440i” are.) But BMW nomenclature now has no correlation to hardware, being driven only by the dark art of marketing.

>The 430i is the new 428i (which never displaced 2.8 liters), and it packs a reworked 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 248 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque (increases of eight and three). What was the 435i last year is now the 440i, and its new 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six spins up 320 horsepower and 330 lb-ft, up 20 and 30 over last year’s 3.0-liter six.

Somebody post that pic of the back of a Merc where the tailgate was completely occupied by a string of stock labels like 4MATIC BLUE SOMETHING ecc ecc

> Stallion myth

They named all their cars based of space shit at that stage - was never going to be stallion